Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

This is not a typical town madman post and gives me major ~vibes~

I still don't understand the objection that my post received. Is it not important to give my thoughts and opinions to the thread, even if they come out to be neutral? I was doing a re-reading of Lumpen because Rarity had asked me too, so I started with that and then I caught up and weighed in on the various issues of the day. I don't want to come out swinging and being crazy like I do in smaller games, so I am being a bit more careful and measured. I get that it probably comes off as a little stilted or too formal at times, but I'm willing to take that risk for the moment as the game shakes itself out a little bit.

And btw, I asked you about QPQ because, for once, I don't have to be suspicious of your opinion so I can take it completely at face value. I see absolutely no reason to doubt your masonry with Rarity, but it seems like QPQ might doubt it.

QuoProQuid posted:

In summary: "I have no scum reads, but I could jump on any of the players listed. Just give me an excuse to make a leap and I'll be there." This type of posting shows that TMM is reading the thread, but doesn't actually move the town toward any goal. It's totally self concerned and I don't like it.

Additionally, I'm a little interested in the bit at the end. While I have no problem with asking for reads, I am not sure I understand the relationship TMM sees between myself and the claimed Kashuno-Rarity masonry. TMM, if you would like to explain what you mean I would be greatly appreciative.

I also asked Kashuno because of Rarity's comment about QPQ found here:

Rarity posted:

This is a terrible post from QPQ. It's going through someone's post history and using a couple of negative insults for each one to paint them in the worst light possible. I could go through every player in the game and do the same thing and it would mean nothing except be an excuse to vote for them, which is what QPQ does. I expect scum would be very happy to pull off a D1 diqnol lynch so this post really stands out to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kashuno posted:

I can't trust you after your ghostly powers failed me d1

I'm a ghost, and I may have tricks, but I'm not a phantom detective.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Can you hold the pearl in your ghostly hands

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Can you hold the pearl in your ghostly hands

Maybe? I don't really know.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Vimes can you hand off the pearl to Keane?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Why wouldn't I be scum then? Why are you jumping to 3rd party as an idea?

Hey Merk I'm going to be aggressive on this point until you answer me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

good morning

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

good morning

More like good mourning IMO (I am a ghost).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I don't know anybody who mourned you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I don't know anybody who mourned you.

That's why it was good. Instead my life was celebrated.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I celebrated your death yeah :twisted:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have pages of people talking about me to do more than glance over on my phone now, bbias

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Pin Mom's real efforts yesterday are spent analyzing and discussing ltjrigirl, whom she never votes. Even today, here she is hanging out not voting someone that, to me, looks like her best scum read. I think, as ltjrigirl is saying, that Pin Mom is laying the groundwork to get the town to vote ltjrigirl and/or set herself up to make that vote later. That isn't how town play.

You're right, I should be voting ltj

##vote ltj

(I thought Meinberg was a fine vote because of lurkiness, but then I noticed that lt was being Weird about him and dropped the idea. I thought I had put more effort into trying to get Sam dunked than I actually did, my bad I should have been more active :shobon:)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Ok, last post I promise:

##vote Pin Mom

This is a very good vote I think. Pin Mom votes on day 1:

None of these votes are ever followed up on by Pin Mom. Pin Mom never attempts to persuade anyone of any of these votes. They are pointless besides adding to a votecount. The Gamer one, at best, looks like an attempt to get someone lynched at deadline. All of the others are worthless.

Pin Mom also has a post or two on Meinberg from day 1 where she agrees that Meinberg is someone she could vote, but this goes nowhere. It's a sideline comment with no attempt at persuasion, no vote, nothing to actually push the needle anywhere. It's filler.

Pin Mom's real efforts yesterday are spent analyzing and discussing ltjrigirl, whom she never votes. Even today, here she is hanging out not voting someone that, to me, looks like her best scum read. I think, as ltjrigirl is saying, that Pin Mom is laying the groundwork to get the town to vote ltjrigirl and/or set herself up to make that vote later. That isn't how town play.

This seems like a really lazy/easy case to make. In fact, I would say I was waiting for the shoe to drop wrt Pmom. I feel like I'm beating the horse beyond death but merk comes out of this looking bad.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This seems like a really lazy/easy case to make. In fact, I would say I was waiting for the shoe to drop wrt Pmom. I feel like I'm beating the horse beyond death but merk comes out of this looking bad.

What do you think of Merk saying I was lying or 3rd party?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have looked over all of this diqnol and I don't think this is fake scum lumpen at all

So he's just bad at the game, even when he isn't listing? -_-

His points aren't honest logic and I don't feel like he's actually invested in finding scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Read Fantastic Four, your game.

merk posted:

Real analysis there from Pin

this is weird, my play in FF was awful

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I really got nothing concrete. Merk's slapfight with Diqnol and his demand for more votes sounds like something I would expect a town Merk to post.

Is this all you have on merk being town, bleane?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Is this all you have on merk being town, bleane?

I'm off that train of thought.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

That train of thought was spirit tracks, the Zelda game.

Because I am a ghost.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

I agree with merk's case. PMom reads to me as someone who is dissatisfied with their scumteam. ##vote PMom
Can you explain this read?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

Yes, this is the beginning of an argument! Your earlier argument of "let's lynch Meinberg regardless of alignment. It wouldn't be that bad for the town anyway" is not at all convincing and more than a little suspicious.

I don't care about you casing PMom or calling out specific suspicious posts. What I have a problem with is the constant cheer-leading with posts like:

Are you scum hunting or trying to look busy? Odd.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

Going back, what was this snipe? Please click the first post to see the actual snipe - I cant' nest quote.

I was rolling my eyes at Diq shifting the discussion to a semantic point, and provided counter-examples of him using words the way he was saying was annoying?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

To be a bit more clear, Lumpen plays a character, and, therefore, all of his posts are fake. Because of this place style, it is very difficult to get a tone read on him. This is also why Lumpenis periodically lynched on day one regardless of his alignment. I believe that Lumpen's alignment will be more easy to determine when we see some of the results of his casework.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A town post from merk.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TMMadman posted:

It seems like the merk/diqnol dispute is still going on a bit, but it doesn't look like it's going to dominate the day. I was leaning towards diqnol as scum yesterday but he was a lot better as the deadline approached so he's back to neutral for me. Even with my suspicion rising a bit on her, I'm a little curious about QPQ jumping on ljtrigirl. He makes some decent points, but I'm not sure I agree with all of them so it's something I'm going to be watching. I'd like to see what Kashuno has to say about QPQ given the masonry with Rarity.

Why would I go from scum to not scum? He says my posting was better so I'm back to neutral, but otoh my earlier content didn't change so...what did? I'll tell you what did. Public opinion. I was nicer. That's it.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I still think Diqnol's likely scum, but I'm still a little hesitant based on what I said yesterday about his pride potentially requiring him to make that huge case... and there is nothing new there to mine out. I would definitely vote Diqnol.

I think there are better cases to be had. I haven't gone through and done the things I wanted to do when I woke up today, but I think this PMom case has legs and I'd like to see some more discussion about BK.

Is it possible that your pride is blocking your read of me?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm going to refer the thread to the exchange where lj, apparently, decided that I'm scum.

ljtrigirl posted:

Slight evil lean on Keane and whoever that easy mislynch is, evil leans on Lumpen and the other K guy with the Garbage Dick avatar. Consider my meta on Lumpen real.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is he an easy misdunk or is he bad

ljtrigirl posted:

Add Pinterest Mom to the list of possible evils.

I feel like you can't have actually read my posts and then ask this question.

It is absolutely completely implausible that someone takes that exchange and sincerely concludes that I'm scum, especially to the extent and virulence that lj has.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

TNL, manipulative but not persuasive means that Diqnol was using manipulative language, in my opinion, and trying to move votes through appeals to emotion and trying to "act really really sure" and "post lots of words", but his arguments struck me as insincere and hollow, and delived in an overblown way.
The evidence I was referring to was looking at the posts in the thread, weighing the !merits of Diqnol's case and the things he was quoting. In view of that evidence, my opinion is that Diqnol was faking it. It was not a "good, big case" as you characterize it.

Is that more clear? Does it matter? Were you actually asking, or just posturing?

I note that you are carrying water for Diqnol here at a time when he can't further OMGUS me without digging an even bigger hole for himself. You're trashing merk but making up a bullshit excuse not to vote him. I note you defending Diqnol and trying to amp up his bad fake cases.

I think this is psychologically interesting, because it seems like projection. Is what you're describing just what you're doing yourself and it occurs to you to say because of your own inner guilt? You are effectively going up to bat for Diqnol.

If you are not, in fact, Diqnol's Scumbuddy, I hope you'll look again at my posts and reconsider.

I think I'm going to vote for Lumpen today but after this wrap up I'll give him a full read-through and see if it fits together. As of right now I have many memories of individual pings.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So he's just bad at the game, even when he isn't listing? -_-

His points aren't honest logic and I don't feel like he's actually invested in finding scum.

Yes, after TNL's points I started to doubt my original read and I am not as convinced he's town. I do think he's a bit more... blustery usually when he's scum but he's not following through and expanding on his points in a very town way. I'm open to voting him or merk at this point.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Okay I went back and re-read a bunch of stuff, and found I needed to reconsider some of my assumptions and revise reads. I had forgotten that Bottle Knight was one of the ones Ecco responded to, and I think that likely indicates he's Town, which led me to reconsider my hypothesis of Diqnol/BottleKnight as Scumbuddies.

I have gotten into at least one massive Thunderdome-level slapfight with TNL in the past when each of us was sure the other was Scum and neither were right. Last night's posting left me feeling deja vu, and in the end I feel TNL's posting has seemed sincere. He's wrong about my alignment, but I realized he may be right that I was on the wrong track, and that led me to look back more.

I got an early Town read on merk that I think has colored my perception of the game, and on re-read I think I might have been wrong. His hedging post about my "character" rubbed me really wrong and the more I think about it the more I see it as disingenuous. Looking over his posts again, I think I was wrong and he's worthy of suspicion.

That also led me to look again at Diqnol's original case on merk, and I think it makes more sense. I still really don't like the overemoting posts from Diqnol when "he had a fight IRL" and he said to merk "You. Are. Going. Down.", but I can kind of buy it, I guess. Ugh, still comes off really fake but maybe not Scum fake after all. Anyway in making this List I have come to face that my hypothesis didn't fit as well as I thought.

I looked at Pinterest Mom more closely than I had before and I feel he's Scummy. I agree with ljtrigirl, and I see possible Scum connections between Pinterest Mom and Meinberg. (Distancing and then defending). I think PM would be a good lynch today. EXAKT Science has been a huge lurker and in their few posts has defended PM and Meinberg, could be a Scumbuddy.

CCKeane is really playing up his "ghost" PR over anything else. I don't see him as likely Town and would lynch him.

I have pretty confident Town feelings about QPQ and ljtrigirl, and I think the Confirmed Masons claim from Rarity and Kashuno is entirely believable.

These are my most accurate current reads. I highly encourage and challenge everyone to make their own List.

##unvote Diqnol
##Vote Pinterest Mom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

This is the first you've mentioned Meinberg, why is he so high on your list? You haven't really explained.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

What do you think of Merk saying I was lying or 3rd party?

I was busy at work for a bit so I didn't even fully finish my reread but as memory serves merk concluded you must be lying because you're listed on votefinder and that the odd thing was that he came to the conclusion you were 3p from that, right? It's definitely a weird call but I'm not sure if it's scummy weird. It's not a leap of logic I'd have made, I'll say that.

btw I was planning to call you out on that in a game day or two because I agree with him, you can vote, but you lose powers possibly if you do or are scum pulling a spooky gambit and see no reason you have to be confronted now.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hey Lumpen just an FYI being overemotional doesn't make me fake, some people do in fact feel things

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Add me into the "not buying the ghost/can't vote" pile

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hey Lumpen just an FYI being overemotional doesn't make me fake, some people do in fact feel things

I still feel hurt that I never got that letter Diqnol :smith:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I was busy at work for a bit so I didn't even fully finish my reread but as memory serves merk concluded you must be lying because you're listed on votefinder and that the odd thing was that he came to the conclusion you were 3p from that, right? It's definitely a weird call but I'm not sure if it's scummy weird. It's not a leap of logic I'd have made, I'll say that.

btw I was planning to call you out on that in a game day or two because I agree with him, you can vote, but you lose powers possibly if you do or are scum pulling a spooky gambit and see no reason you have to be confronted now.

I am shocked, shocked that you would accuse me of such a thing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I still feel hurt that I never got that letter Diqnol :smith:

lmao how do I keep forgetting about this

I don't even know what the letter was to be about anymore

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Not really, and certainly not as a one off vote. Gamer said "TMMadman, I am voting you, I, town, am voting you, and only you have the power to remove my (town vote)" and then cast a ballot with a flourish.

Come on, now, do you really think that is the way a townie would do it compared to calling you an rear end in a top hat a bunch?

CCKeane posted:

I mean "OoooooOooooOoooo" *rattles your furniture*

Suggests he's town btw

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

This is the first you've mentioned Meinberg, why is he so high on your list? You haven't really explained.

You haven't commented on EXAKT, either. Are we meant to understand that your top three scum reads are me, plus two people you've decided are scum because they're linked to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Suggests he's town btw

Oh yes, I am not saying Keane is scummy, just that he's having a lark (all the cool kids still say "having a lark" right?)

• Locked thread