Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

TMMadman posted:

Alright, after a bit of re-reading, I'm not seeing too much on Lumpen. There's a few minor pings and I'm not sure I like his focus on Diqnol. There might be something there, but I don't know his meta so I can't use that to make a call. Right now, I'm pretty neutral on him and I'll just have to pay attention to his actions through the day. Lumpen, aside from Diqnol, who else do you think we should be looking at today and why? I don't want a diary for the why, just a short simple sentence will do for now. Might be a good target for the day.

As for PMom, I can sort of see merks case against PMom, but I don't think I'm quite sold on it yet. Again, my problem with PMom is I never had any clue what he is doing, so I always end up suspicious of him and never know if my read on him is paranoia or an actual scum read. However, I think he is probably a good target to examine today. And since you also seem focused on one person, aside from ljtrigril, who else do you think we should be looking at PMom?

Moving on to ljtrigirl, I'm getting a little confused by her lately. I was leaning pretty well town for her during D1, but right now she seems weirdly focused on PMom, although she also has other suspects in Meinberg, merk and maybe Lumpen? I'm not sure about Lumpen because she said he wasn't on her list in the dream, but she'd still vote him just after the others in her list. So I'm not sure what to make of that contradiction. I still think I'm leaning town, but it's not such a big lean anymore. However, I will say that I do like that she is making calls and swinging all over the place as it certainly produces some good content. I guess it's a possible target, but it'd be pretty far down my list right now.

It seems like the merk/diqnol dispute is still going on a bit, but it doesn't look like it's going to dominate the day. I was leaning towards diqnol as scum yesterday but he was a lot better as the deadline approached so he's back to neutral for me. Even with my suspicion rising a bit on her, I'm a little curious about QPQ jumping on ljtrigirl. He makes some decent points, but I'm not sure I agree with all of them so it's something I'm going to be watching. I'd like to see what Kashuno has to say about QPQ given the masonry with Rarity.

You're surprised that I'm still suspicious of Lumpen despite the fact that he wasn't scum in my dream about the game? Seriously? Dude. It was dream.

What points that QPQ made did you agree with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Lumpen posted:

Would you clarify whether this is an IRL intuition anecdote or a softclaim of an in-game night action result?

It was a dream. I was sleeping.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm pleased to see that we're getting some more close looks at PMom. Even though ljtri's case on her feels off enough that it's making me question my own, having merk push it too makes it seem a bit more legitimate.

Also my pearl did not do anything cool last night.

What do you mean my case feels off? What do you see as the primary differences between my case and yours/merks?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

EXAKT Science posted:

you seem awfully confused about what you do and don't like. you don't seem to have much conviction anything except pmom's scumminess, and you've acted that way since the beginning of the game.

That's not at all true. Like even a little bit.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

EXAKT Science posted:

okay not entirely, you also have a scumread on meinberg, sorry.

And Merk and Lumpen, possibly Keane and QPQ.

What have your contributions been?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

QuoProQuid posted:

Except its not a policy lynch and, even if it was, girl's newbie status should raise the question as to why she has a policy already formed regarding Meinberg. It also raises the question why she isn't trying to lynch other players that are "hard to read." In the quote that post is referring to (1), girl's explicit justification for a Mein lynch is that she thinks he might be scummy (a suspicion that she doesn't explain in any detail until called out on it (2))) and because it is better to mislynch early than it is to mislynch late (3). I cannot even begin to articulate how out of wack this latter reason is and how newbie anti-town it appears. In the event that Meinberg is lynched and flips town, girl seems to shrug her shoulders and say, "Welp, I'm glad we got that out of the way. Meinberg was a distraction anyways (4)."

That reasoning brings me to her first substantial mention of Meinberg, which PMom pointed at earlier today (5). In this post, girl does not make an attempt to divine Meinberg's alignment. Instead, she focuses on "What if." What if Meinberg dies? What if he flips scum? It goes beyond putting the cart before the horse and becomes a massive scenario through which girl premptively clears Rarity for not "feel[ing] like a scum pair" and casts shade on merk for subtly defending Meinberg. girl is spinning out of whole cloth content, pretending matters have been resolved before they actually have. If Meinberg were to flip scum (which I am undecided on myself) I would recommend looking at girl very closely for seeming to predict this outcome and for setting up a chain lynch.

No.

Nonononono.

I think Meinberg is scum. I'm not trying to just blatantly policy lynch him. He was and continues to be a ping. My point is that, even if he is good, I think lynching him is a good idea because it'll probably happen at some point, and I'd rather do it earlier where I can get information from it than later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

And Merk and Lumpen, possibly Keane and QPQ.

What have your contributions been?

You're being silly, now that Exakt's here he's putting in a good effort and I don't see how you're not seeing that.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Kashuno posted:

QPQ, your posting really rubs me the wrong way. It feels like extremely weak "scumhunting" that doesn't have much substance, and it really bothers me. Until this:

This is a case that feels well represented and sourced, and I'm not sure what to make of it. On the one hand, I'm not particularly leaning town on you so I don't know how I feel about you making a decent case against someone. On the other, maybe d1 just isn't your jam and you're finally rolling into some good stuff. I don't know how it will shake out yet, but this is the first time I think you're actually making a decent case.

But it's not. At all. It's a blatant misrepresentation of my and my stance on Meinberg. It's cherrypicking the parts that I've said to make me look bad.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

You're right, I should be voting ltj

##vote ltj

(I thought Meinberg was a fine vote because of lurkiness, but then I noticed that lt was being Weird about him and dropped the idea. I thought I had put more effort into trying to get Sam dunked than I actually did, my bad I should have been more active :shobon:)

Finally.

Bring it.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm going to refer the thread to the exchange where lj, apparently, decided that I'm scum.

It is absolutely completely implausible that someone takes that exchange and sincerely concludes that I'm scum, especially to the extent and virulence that lj has.

That's total bullshit. I made a joke about Meinbeirg apparently being an easy mislynch, and you lasered in on it without paying attention to the context to throw shade at me.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen- Please explain the QPQ top town read because I'm not seeing it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ljtrigirl posted:

But it's not. At all. It's a blatant misrepresentation of my and my stance on Meinberg. It's cherrypicking the parts that I've said to make me look bad.

To be clear, QPQ's case isn't really influencing me to rethink my stance on you

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

I'm starting to think Lumpen's approach to this game is to see how much stupid poo poo he can get away with saying without being lynched

Bahahaha. That was kind of my reaction.

I like you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, I've come round on ljtrigirl being town. Her posts are too erratic and inconsistent, if she were scum she'd be covering her rear end much more.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

You're being silly, now that Exakt's here he's putting in a good effort and I don't see how you're not seeing that.

I sort of agree having seen his posts now. At the time that I wrote this, he'd basically not shown up yesterday and then called me out for not having reads when it wasn't at all true. Neutral(+). It's a lot easier for scum to sound good when they only occasionally participate.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Ok, I've come round on ljtrigirl being town. Her posts are too erratic and inconsistent, if she were scum she'd be covering her rear end much more.

I don't even get this. I feel like I've been really consistent.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I don't even get this. I feel like I've been really consistent.

I mean erratic in an emotive sense. Your posts are very amped up and hyper, which leads to you not explaining yourself well or not saying everything I think you meant to say which makes it look like you're adding to your thought process after the fact. If you were scum you'd be watching the slip ups much more, leading to a more restrained game.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

I mean erratic in an emotive sense. Your posts are very amped up and hyper, which leads to you not explaining yourself well or not saying everything I think you meant to say which makes it look like you're adding to your thought process after the fact. If you were scum you'd be watching the slip ups much more, leading to a more restrained game.

Not necessarily. Have you ever seen me play scum? We don't know how scum play on other sites ie: what they can and cannot get away with easily.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Not necessarily. Have you ever seen me play scum? We don't know how scum play on other sites ie: what they can and cannot get away with easily.

This is a fair point but I don't think it is necessarily 100% accurate. Have do have scum tells that we as a community may be more sensitive too, but I do think scummy behavior is scummy behavior regardless, so I'm more inclined to think that Rarity's read is valid in this case.

I think where JT girl's experience offsite is more relevant is how she is reacting to the meta we have all developed as a relatively insular community.

Also, *rattles chains*

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Nah. That's just how I am. I'm definitely one of those "say what I think and assume that everyone hears what I think I'm saying" kind of people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Not necessarily. Have you ever seen me play scum?

I have, I wouldn't say what I just said about you. You make a good point about maybe she can get away with more on other sites but that's my read on trigirl as a mafia player.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

It's actually a year ago today that I played me first forum game! :D

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey have you done any catching up yet?

I haven't but I have read all the posts after that one.

I like ljr for town for the same reasons Rarity does and that's all rn

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

Nah. That's just how I am. I'm definitely one of those "say what I think and assume that everyone hears what I think I'm saying" kind of people.

I can't believe you put pipeapple on pizza shaking my head.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I also like that she's challenging my town read!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

CCKeane posted:

I can't believe you put pipeapple on pizza shaking my head.

AH I KNEW I KNEW YOU FROM SOMEWHERE TOO.

You and Vimes, right? Or am I just crazy about that?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

I also like that she's challenging my town read!

I can't wait to be scum with you in a game. Lol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I can't wait to be scum with you in a game. Lol.

Oh dude I'm awesome as scum you don't even know

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Rarity is not good at mafia, don't let her fool ya

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Hey Merk I'm going to be aggressive on this point until you answer me.

If you're scum, you're lying about not having a vote. If you actually don't have a vote, you're third party. That's what my first post said.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

TM this was a terrible post that rightly got called out. I understand wanting to comment on major happenings but why didn't you add any of your own scum reads?

Rarity posted:

I don't like this post at all. TM isn't ranking the people he feels are strong scum reads, he's ranking a bunch of people who he's mostly just described as "neutral". However, if looked at in isolation it gives the impression that he's ranking scum reads. It allows him to point to either post in isolation and say "look, I didn't think they were scummy" and "hey, I've been suspicious of them for a while". Taking his previous post into account, TM's suddenly shot onto my radar.

Alright, since I'm on standby now I have a few minutes to try and make and actual post.

I've been over this before, but it's just the way I post/play and I'm not going to apologize for it. I understand that a post with mostly neutral reads can be scummy, but I will take that heat. I do not believe that every single post, even read posts, needs to contain scum reads. I freely acknowledge that I tend to play and look at the game in an odd fashion and it's often going to make me look weird.

I looked at 1 person you wanted me to look at, two people that were dominating the discussion at the time, the two people who dominated the discussion most of D1 and then including QPQ because he been pinging me and he also is involved between PMom/ljtrigirl. It would have seemed out of place if I ended the post with something like 'oh btw, these other people are totally scummy'.

You should also notice (and nobody that called me out on that post has done so), that I ended up posting a case against QPQ a short while after I made that post and I think it's a decent one. Also, I would think that people would get the implication that if I think someone is a good target for the day then it means I'm leaning scum for them.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Rarity posted:

Oh dude I'm awesome as scum you don't even know

Hahaha. I think it's be really fun. I actually love being scum in PBF games (not video ones) or Aux evils in werewolf (not so much wolves).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

If you're scum, you're lying about not having a vote. If you actually don't have a vote, you're third party. That's what my first post said.

You discount the possibility of a post restriction for a power role huh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity is not good at mafia, don't let her fool ya

Don't kill the dream :(

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

You discount the possibility of a post restriction for a power role huh

Ecco would not remove a town or scum vote. I am very confident of that. That cuts against the core of mafia.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm out all week during the business day working. Gotta get back.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

ljtrigirl posted:

AH I KNEW I KNEW YOU FROM SOMEWHERE TOO.

You and Vimes, right? Or am I just crazy about that?

Nope, I think you might just be crazy about that

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

CCKeane posted:

Nope, I think you might just be crazy about that

Darn. I could swear I know him from somewhere though.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I think I was mixing him up with Vaimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

Why can't I be town and not have a vote?

• Locked thread