Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

The Ninth Layer posted:

Will you drop an attempted vote in the thread to prove you can't vote?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##unvote ##vote CCKeane

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

If PMom flips scum, this post should set off loud alarm bells.

because I can't get a good read?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

##unvote ##vote CCKeane

You're making a GHA(o)STLY mistake.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

##unvote ##vote CCKeane

What is there to gain by pressing him here

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Keane

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Wait are you really saying you don't believe that Kash/Rarity are in a confirmed masonry?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

You're making a GHA(o)STLY mistake.

It'd be a bigger mistake to let a voteless player into the lategame.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Ninth Layer posted:

I didn't even consider this before. This is a really good point.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

I am being coy about details. I understand your concerns and it will not be a problem.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

I didn't even consider this before. This is a really good point.

No, no it isn't.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I am being coy about details. I understand your concerns and it will not be a problem.

Either you can't vote or you won't vote. I'd prefer to know which it is, at the very least.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

No, no it isn't.

How not? A player that can't vote seems a pretty strong weight on town.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Either you can't vote or you won't vote. I'd prefer to know which it is, at the very least.

Big fan of leading charges on easy votes today, huh Ninth?

I like that you've put Lumpen, Merk, the three lurkers, and myself on this plate, all of whom you can walk back from when we flip town.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Are you saying you don't even listen to people you don't think are town? That's a bad way to play a game that is based on making, at the very best, educated guesses at peoples intentions with a rather large margin of error.
Wrong, that is the best way to play.

If I think someone is Scum, based on the preponderance of the evidence in the thread, of course I don't "listen to them" beyond finding more evidence to confirm or disprove that they are Scum. Scum lie and manipulate and seek to sow confusion and chaos. Engaging with Scum for anything other than confronting and poking them into exposing themselves only plays into their hands and harms Town.

There is no "randomness" in a game once roles are assigned. No vote is random, no post is separable from the truth of alignment. I make my "educated guesses" according to the gamestate, and I always act according to the assumption that I am as right as I can be for the given moment, and if the preponderance of evidence shifts, so do my suspicions. It is the duty of Town to make strong calls, clearly, and decisively, and keep your thought process transparent and current. That is the best way to signal one's alignment to the rest of Town. To err is human, but to dissemble is the essence of Scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I like that you've put Lumpen, Merk, the three lurkers, and myself on this plate, all of whom you can walk back from when we flip town.

The fact that you didn't answer my question suggests that you can vote but have chosen not to, and you don't want to come out and admit it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Scum should just try to NK me imo. Then the mystery is solved forever!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Why do you go from addressing TNL as if he's town here

CCKeane posted:

to addressing him as if he's scum here, one post later?

CCKeane posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

well this is awkward since I'm in a confirmed masonry and makes you look silly.

##vote merk

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

CCKeane posted:

Flailing. Do not like.

Keane, just to be clear, who are you declaring "will flip Town", now?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

The fact that you didn't answer my question suggests that you can vote but have chosen not to, and you don't want to come out and admit it.

You seem pretty determined to get role details from someone who you implied was town.

The Ninth Layer posted:

So you don't think I'm scum here or you'd say that, instead you are couching your case in terms of effectively a policy vote, removing you from any culpability.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

CCKeane posted:

Ghosts can't vote, silly.

There is this post, relevant to things that are happening

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why do you go from addressing TNL as if he's town here

to addressing him as if he's scum here, one post later?

He is posting as if he believe I am town and is demanding role information.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lumpen posted:

Wrong, that is the best way to play.

If I think someone is Scum, based on the preponderance of the evidence in the thread, of course I don't "listen to them" beyond finding more evidence to confirm or disprove that they are Scum. Scum lie and manipulate and seek to sow confusion and chaos. Engaging with Scum for anything other than confronting and poking them into exposing themselves only plays into their hands and harms Town.

There is no "randomness" in a game once roles are assigned. No vote is random, no post is separable from the truth of alignment. I make my "educated guesses" according to the gamestate, and I always act according to the assumption that I am as right as I can be for the given moment, and if the preponderance of evidence shifts, so do my suspicions. It is the duty of Town to make strong calls, clearly, and decisively, and keep your thought process transparent and current. That is the best way to signal one's alignment to the rest of Town. To err is human, but to dissemble is the essence of Scum.

Until you can comfortably assure yourself that somebody CANNOT be town, not listening to them can be more harmful to town than the scum themselves. Think about it - you want to gather all the information you can because you don't actually know if someone is town or scum, you only suspect. It is therefore a major error to not listen to opinions, even those you suspect. You're limiting yourself at best and at worst you're riding the assumption that you hit the 30% correct guess lottery.

This might explain why I find you to be wrong so often!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Flailing. Do not like.

Keane, just to be clear, who are you declaring "will flip Town", now?

Well, now I'm pretty suspicious of all of Month's cases, so why not everybody.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

To PMom: This is pretty objectively a bad post in this context.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

Wait are you really saying you don't believe that Kash/Rarity are in a confirmed masonry?

I forgot that claim. Disregard.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kashuno posted:

well this is awkward since I'm in a confirmed masonry and makes you look silly.

##vote merk

How does it make me scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I forgot that claim. Disregard.

fair enough

##unvote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

To PMom: This is pretty objectively a bad post in this context.

Is it? I thought the same thing, and merk has made posts to that same effect before.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Keane do you support Lynch All Liars as a policy? Why or why not?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is it? I thought the same thing, and merk has made posts to that same effect before.

Yes, it is, if you are listing that as primary motivation to vote me, since then the move is role fishing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lumpen posted:

Keane do you support Lynch All Liars as a policy? Why or why not?

I don't because tricks are good.clean fun.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

QuoProQuid posted:

In the event that Meinberg is lynched and flips town, girl seems to shrug her shoulders and say, "Welp, I'm glad we got that out of the way. Meinberg was a distraction anyways

Are all similar arguments bad? Like those who don't want to lynch merk because he is more helpful to town than scum? I feel like there's a lot of similar discussion for you to call this in particular out.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can you explain this read?

You seemed intentionally disengaged. You were reading and interacting but not posting, and then you posted about why you weren't posting. You seemed dissatisfied with the game.

But your posting has been better! ##unvote

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I read Keane as town and helpful to town. I'm not willing to vote him based on setup spec.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

I read Keane as town and helpful to town. I'm not willing to vote him based on setup spec.

I don't want to vote Keane because of the power of friendship.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

TMMadman posted:

It's just a weird contradiction is all. I know it was a dream that makes it even weirder to mention imo.

And going back over the case QPQ made on you last night while I was making my case, I found myself agreeing less with his case on you. In fact, your posting today made me lean back towards town hard for you. So the cases made against you are pretty much bullshit. I'm phone posting, so I can't easily go grab my QPQ case, but what do you think of it?

I think I'm starting to realize that if everyone that clearly isn't reading my posts and then tries to evaluate me off of an incomplete picture was scum, it would be a really imbalanced roleset. idk. There were parts that I agreed with, but I also think that, out of everyone that has blatantly misrepresented me, QPQ is the least scummy (except for maybe EXACT).

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think Pinterest Mom is a pretty uninspired lynch and most of the evidence I've seen against him is stuff that could either be applied to other games he's played (short votes without followup) or are flat-out arguments that don't make sense to me (why would scum give up on their scum team as early as Day 2 without any of them having been lynched?).

What about his entire stance on me, the fact that he's been undermining me all game but only actually started saying I was scum and voting me after he was called out by a few people about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

merk posted:

No.

• Locked thread