Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Wembley's a no-brainer, seeing as though Davey Boy beat Bret there, there's some strong history to play into.

(I think it's a different building now but that doesn't matter because wrestling.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mate nxt ain't running wembley stadium

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

epitasis posted:

mate nxt ain't running wembley stadium

yes they are https://twitter.com/TicketmasterUK/status/635840266256166912 nevermind why are there two things called wembley this is confusing

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

yes they are https://twitter.com/TicketmasterUK/status/635840266256166912 nevermind why are there two things called wembley this is confusing
Because they're in Wembley. They're actually right across from each other.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tna will be running a competing event at powerleague wembley

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

epitasis posted:

tna will be running a competing event on a street corner outside an indian restaurant on ealing road

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I heard bayley/sasha made triple h cry can anyone confirm or deny this scoop

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

omg don't tell Vince, he'll get buried

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He's probably crying because he knows he's gonna have to feed both of them to Nikki Bella to appease John Cena.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

What a mark.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Please never leave NXT Bayley.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
Fun NXT trivia: Bayley is the only member of the Four Horsewomen to ever have a match for the Divas Championship.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

waffle iron posted:

Fun NXT trivia: Bayley is the only member of the Four Horsewomen to ever have a match for the Divas Championship.

...huh. That's right, there was that screwy match with AJ right after she debuted... I'd completely forgotten.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
How could you forget this?

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Mukaikubo posted:

...huh. That's right, there was that screwy match with AJ right after she debuted... I'd completely forgotten.

And I think she might be the only woman in the WWE to that debuted in FCW or NXT to have a singles match for the Divas Championship.

I don't have the time to check it 100% and it's really contrived to knock out Summer Rae, Emma (only had the battle royal match) and Alicia Fox and Natalya (debuted in OVW or DSW).

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Paige and Naomi both started in FCW.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Qween

quote:

What a week! I'll never forget the moment of having 15,000 plus fans stand on their feet! Thank you Brooklyn and thank you @wwenxt for giving me my wings to live my dreams! Got to make history and I will continue to show the world why I am The BOSS!!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

DM Punk posted:

How could you forget this?

Now someone needs to post the picture of Christmas Bayley hugging grumpy elf Paige.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Revenant Threshold posted:

Because they're in Wembley. They're actually right across from each other.

They had to change to a smaller arena because they were receiving bomb threats.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh god, there's something in my eye

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
No one is buying Lass Kicker shirts but they are Bayley's one supposedly:
http://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2015/08/25/some-merchandise-numbers-to-chew-on/#disqus_thread

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bayley is the best babyface character in the WWE right now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Bayley is the best babyface character in the WWE right now
I'd say only because Zayne is injured but they'd both be equally as over as genuine babyfaces in NXT anyway.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
In fairness, 'lass kicker' is one of the worst ideas for a shirt they've had in recent years, and it's not something they actually advertise or say very often during any show. I was amazed it got the green light in the first place; I'm not surrpised it's not breaking any sales records.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Lass Kicker was a dumb loving shirt to begin with and only marginally better when they tried to salvage it

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

rovert posted:

What a week! I'll never forget the moment of having 15,000 plus fans stand on their feet! Thank you Brooklyn and thank you @wwenxt for giving me my wings to live my dreams! Got to make history and I will continue to show the world why I am The BOSS!!

It must be weird to go from putting on one of the best women's matches WWE have ever put on from one day, to being stuck with Naomi and Tamina and getting ejected first from the tag match on Sunday.

Should've been Charlotte, Becky and Sasha. Could've shoved Paige in with T/N or just not had that third team entirely, because it was completely unnecessary.

pressedbunny posted:

In fairness, 'lass kicker' is one of the worst ideas for a shirt they've had in recent years, and it's not something they actually advertise or say very often during any show.

Commentary mentioned it on Sunday, Vinces orders I guess.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I don't know about the other merch stands at Takeover, but the NXT tent outside the arena sold out of Sasha Banks shirts. Pretty drat awesome.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine if they'd given Sasha that SUV/Manservant entrance for her debut instead of listlessly adding her to a terrible team.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine if they'd given Sasha that SUV/Manservant entrance for her debut instead of listlessly adding her to a terrible team.

But then she wouldn't get to job to whatever shitastic lank-wizard Bella twin was available to poorly do moves in her general direction.

Total Divas!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It was pretty funny how the original run of the Lass Kicker shirt included men's sizes, and nobody in all of merch or marketing caught that until it had been available for quite a time.

Maiden Ireland isn't a bad one though. Especially with the \m/ in the middle.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I like that they've dropped most of the Irish stuff from Becky's character and instead replaced it with steampunk

are they selling goggles on the WWE shop yet

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

abraham linksys posted:

I like that they've dropped most of the Irish stuff from Becky's character and instead replaced it with steampunk

are they selling goggles on the WWE shop yet

They have been for a while now yeah

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

for some reason Becky keeps reading as "mad scientist" to me ever since she got the goggles and now I just want vignettes where she's trying to come up with weird steampunk weaponry to use against her opponents and every time she uses one in the ring it backfires in a puff of steam

"steampunk Wile E. Coyote wrestler" seems like an okay character, idk

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

abraham linksys posted:

It's the first time outside of that Key and Peele skit that steampunk has been not-terrible.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Imagine if any divas had a unique or interesting entrance. It would go a long way to getting the crowd to care about them. Last one I remember was Melina with the paparazzi.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Imagine if any divas had a unique or interesting entrance. It would go a long way to getting the crowd to care about them. Last one I remember was Melina with the paparazzi.

Chyna had that weird gun for a while too, but yeah they're really rare. Actually those might be the only two that have ever had an entrance more elaborate than 'walks to the ring and gyrates suggestively'.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Just give them all this tron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4zrvpOM_50

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

that song rules and i would cheer anyone who had it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Angular Landbury posted:

It's the first time outside of that Key and Peele skit that steampunk has been not-terrible.

Steampunk is cool in Jules Verne books (does this even count since it was more contemporary science fiction?) and the Mignolaverse. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think Becky Lynch has a really cool theme song.

• Locked thread