Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

I request that the deadline be moved back 24 hours from this weekend deadline so there can be a realistic chance for discussion. Especially if this game involves deadline-proximity mechanics as BK has claimed. That claim could be a fabrication, but it would really suck for Scum to decide the day because we get punished for not forming a consensus early enough over a weekend deadline.

Do we really need another 24 hours? Can't we just take BK at his word when he says this:

BottleKnight posted:

But with regards to my role I haven't used it because I don't want to take the vote away from town. It's our most useful thing, and I don't have the hubris to say "no, this person is town, kill this person instead."

I mean sure, BK could be scum who is lying when he said that, but it feels sincere to me. Wouldn't it just be easier to extract a promise from BK to not use his situational vig under threat of being lynched the next day, regardless of the alignment of the person he shot? I guess it'd be kind of lovely to force that kind of promise, but it's also such a weird situational vig that I don't know if I would be able to trust him if he ever did use it. It's kind of funny that I watched the movie "Focus" the other day because his situational vig reminds me of the "Toledo Panic Button" ploy in that movie. Essentially, it's where one con man shoots his partner in order to prove they aren't working together, so I'd probably end up being more suspicious of him if he shot scum than if he shot town.

It doesn't look like anyone is following me on QPQ just yet, so I'll go ahead and ##unvote and switch to ##vote diqnol since he's my second target. Unless something comes up, I should be around for the deadline.

In other news, I am still looking for my face because the Foo Fighters rocked it off last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

Ecco I request that you have a pleasant day with a healthy but enjoyable dinner.

Request denied!!!!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CCKeane posted:

Ecco I request that you have a pleasant day with a healthy but enjoyable dinner.

stop buddying up to the mod plz

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Man, diqnol in this kind of fervor is almost always town. He's playing a VERY emotional game and that kind of passion is more of a diqnol town tell, and he seems like he believes most of what he's saying.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
For some reason, I'm having trouble feeling invested/into this game, and I'm sorry for my limited participation. I think it might be the timeline/way things are super drawn out. Regardless, I probably will not catch up on the posts I missed, so if you have a question for me, please let me know.

I saw the thing about bus drivers. I didn't realize bus driver could be a scum role, so I'll probably adjust my plan for tonight. If there is a scum bus driver, I think that definitely sets a dichotomy between diqnol and TMM if that was my spear that was given out. However, given that Ninth also died, I just don't know. That death had to have come from somewhere.

I did clarify that spear = harpoon, so either TMM is lying about getting the harpoon and diqnol somehow also got one or they got bus driven and the kill came from somewhere else.

At some point in the next day or two, if there is another spearfisher or a bus driver that switched them, that claim would probably be useful to help create a logistical map.

I don't want to lynch diqnol. His D1 frustration felt really genuine to me, and his emotion since has as well. I'd much prefer a PMom, Lumpen, or possibly QPQ/fv lynch.

##unvote
##vote PMom

I'll be back on later.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't want to vote for Diqnol. Sam, Hiip, ljtgirl.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Man, diqnol in this kind of fervor is almost always town. He's playing a VERY emotional game and that kind of passion is more of a diqnol town tell, and he seems like he believes most of what he's saying.

Is this a reasonable opinion for Hal to hold? He just played a game with scum Diq a month ago, went to LYLO with him.

Tell me Diq isn't being emotional and passionate here.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't want to vote for Diqnol. Sam, Hiip, ljtgirl.

Which Sam?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EccoRaven posted:

:c: Current Day 3 Votecount

Samfucius (2): BK, PMom, Hal, -BK

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is this a reasonable opinion for Hal to hold? He just played a game with scum Diq a month ago, went to LYLO with him.

Actually he's being much more measured and reasoned there and at times is sort of pleading for people to listen to him. Very much more self conscious about how people are looking at him.

At least that's my take on it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm a big snarky poopface.

COULDA JUST SAID MAN

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maybe kill this guy

EXAKT Science posted:

Still want to kill Vimes. Also, reasonably sure that at least one of TMM/QPQ is scum.

EXAKT Science posted:

If someone is handing off a harpoon, it should go to Rarity.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

OKAY, I'm back from my IRL draft (where I dominated), I'm going to play a game of CS or two and then do some work in here. Like I said, if I'm going down, I'm going down, but give me the chance to get my words out there for consideration down the road at the very least. I have seen a number of questionable votes and there are people I haven't cased yet that I have fairly strong feelings about. I realize I'm an rear end in a top hat and that's a perfectly fine reason to not listen to what I have to say but if I am hung, we'll have gone yet another day without hanging scum and I have to think we're running out of time at this pace.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Eh, nothing has happened to change my opinion

##vote diqnol

That puts him at -2

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 3 Votecount

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE/Diqnol (7): SSV, Samfu, Lumpen, BK, fv, Rarity, -BK, TMM, Rarity

Samfucius (2): BK, PMom, Hal, -BK

Lumpen (1): Rarity, LJ, -Rarity, Diqnol, -LJ
Pinterest Mom (1): LJ, -LJ, LJ
BottleKnight (1): Hiip, Rarity, Rarity, Hal, -Hal, -Rarity, -Rarity

QuoProQuid (0): TMM, -TMM
Hal Incandenza (0): fv, -fv
ljtrigirl (0): QPQ, -QPQ
Hiipfire (0): PMom, -PMom
TMMadman (0): Rarity, -Rarity, QPQ, -QPQ

:h: With 16 alive it takes 9 votes to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Sunday, August 30th, ~11PM EDT. This is in less than five hours from this post.

The following players suck at unvoting:
- ljtrigirl
- PMom

NOTE: I am skyping with a friend at 9pm EDT but we should be done by 9:45. If for some reason we are just super clicking and go for hours, assume the deadline is once again floating. This is super unlikely.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 30, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lj, if you want your vig to be useful, take out someone like exakt or hiip or hal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

lj, if you want your vig to be useful, take out someone like exakt or hiip or hal

LJ, if you DON'T want to be useful, I can give you a lot of tips on that topic.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pinterest Mom posted:

and why us in particular

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

HiipFire posted:

and why us in particular

you're all at the bottom of the post count.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

fiery_valkyrie posted:

yeah but I replaced in during the middle of day 2

also thats then conveniently ignoring Mithross

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

HiipFire posted:

yeah but I replaced in during the middle of day 2

also thats then conveniently ignoring Mithross

Hah, it is too. I didn't see him either when I looked at the post count.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

There's a mithross in the game?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah we do pmom, its the guy who did this

Mithross posted:

##grab coin
Did we ever figure out what the coin cause I don't remember

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

add mithross to that list then, sure

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Anyway im gonna go sleep make sure you dont burn down the thread to the ground when I wake up

Also I would preferably not get impaled by a harpoon/spear

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HiipFire posted:

Anyway im gonna go sleep make sure you dont burn down the thread to the ground when I wake up

Also I would preferably not get impaled by a harpoon/spear

HARPOON HIIPFIRE

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CCKeane posted:

HARPOON HIIPFIRE

HA I TRICKED YOU IM NOT ASLEEP YET

DONT LISTEN TO THIS SHADOW OF A MAN HE ONLY BRINGS YOU PAIN AND MISERY AND BAD ADVICE

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hiip, are you going to leave your vote on BK?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Pinterest Mom posted:

I thought this exact thing. Diqnol is a good scum player, and I don't think his tone is a tell at all.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

I thought this exact thing. Diqnol is a good scum player, and I don't think his tone is a tell at all.

Think what you want, but I am right on Diqnol almost every time. It's a power I have!

But he's also a neverending distraction so if you want him dead so be it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Hal Incandenza posted:

Think what you want, but I am right on Diqnol almost every time. It's a power I have!

But he's also a neverending distraction so if you want him dead so be it.

You sound more like you know how he's going to flip, Hal. :shrug:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That doesn't make it useful to kill us unless you actually think someone is scummy. I'm always near the bottom of the postcount in big game, tons of you have more time to post than I do, sorry! However the more days that go by the better I get so I guess kill me if you are scared I will discover your scum secrets.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

BottleKnight posted:

You sound more like you know how he's going to flip, Hal. :shrug:

I'm just good at reading people in Mafia BK, sorry!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

If only I was good at making cases :smith:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

That doesn't make it useful to kill us unless you actually think someone is scummy. I'm always near the bottom of the postcount in big game, tons of you have more time to post than I do, sorry! However the more days that go by the better I get so I guess kill me if you are scared I will discover your scum secrets.

It wasn't me that said it, it was PMom. I was just explaining why PMom had singled out those players.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It wasn't me that said it, it was PMom. I was just explaining why PMom had singled out those players.

Oh I know, I was just responding to the thing that was easiest to quote.

PMom is the real villain here, don't worry f_v I never thought poorly of you

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I have about 45 minutes before my draft. Here we go!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

diqnol if you live and aren't a dirty liar who are you giving the harpoon to? Or you can harpoon someone but really you have to show somehow you didn't use it on TNL already, because if you did then I am going to be very unhappy I vouched for you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I have about 45 minutes before my draft. Here we go!

I thought you just got back from your draft?

CONTRADICTION SPOTTED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I got back from my draft at like 3pm then played a bunch of cs and eu4!

• Locked thread