Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I use a smartlink revolver on my decker, because most of the time I just mark targets for the real fighters (Duncan and Koschei), and a revolver lets the one shot I get off per turn probably count for something at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
I always thought that Mark Target would be a much cooler ability if it couldn't miss. It seems a bit weird that an ability that you want to cast on a unit which is hard to hit has the same to hit chance of an actual bullet fired at that unit.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So what's some good spells to go for as a mage? I'm a bit overwhelmed in the spell selection here. Mostly been relying on that Spell Focus Break Armor thing and Flamethrower so far.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

a cartoon duck posted:

So what's some good spells to go for as a mage? I'm a bit overwhelmed in the spell selection here. Mostly been relying on that Spell Focus Break Armor thing and Flamethrower so far.

Mind Wipe is amazing, it almost always hits, and it prevents an enemy from attacking for 2 turns. You'll also want the heal spell.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
My mage with a combo of Mindwipe and Blind ran pretty rough shod over the game especially if a Dragon Ley Line was nearby. My final I think spells were, Mind Wipe, Blind, Flamethrower, Ball Lighting, Heal and Wild Target.

If I had to do it again, I'd have went Decker/Mage/ Rigger and dedicated the Karma in Rifle to Drone Control.

Also the ending I got was Raymond sacrifices himself, but defeat the queen and Maximum Law lived. So guess I didn't get the best ending

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 31, 2015

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Need help in Dragonfall... Finished the Aztech job, need to find Alice in the Rabbit Hole, but where the hell is it?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

BadAstronaut posted:

Need help in Dragonfall... Finished the Aztech job, need to find Alice in the Rabbit Hole, but where the hell is it?

Did you get the Secured Credstick from your mission computer? If you did, I don't see how you could fail to find Alice. The indicators lead you right to it.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Uh oh, I just got the Tastes Like Chicken achievement. :catstare:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Whenever I Mindwipe the last enemy remaining it auto-ends combat and goes real time. Then Mindwipe wears off and it goes turn based again, but the enemy goes first and gets a free shot in. It's pretty annoying.

So don't use Mindwipe when there's only one enemy left.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Captain Oblivious posted:

Did you get the Secured Credstick from your mission computer? If you did, I don't see how you could fail to find Alice. The indicators lead you right to it.

Nope, that's what I needed to do. Thanks. I'm a dwarf with 6 magic and 6 essence with 10 in both willpower and spell casting. Are there any cyberware enhancements worth getting? I see there is one that reduces intelligence by 1 but adds 1 to willpower. Anything worth getting?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Adrenal Contractor. Everything else costs >0 Essence and is probably not worth it. I'm not even sure I get the point of Pain Editor.

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Tried pain editor.i think it's either bugged or I'm not understanding it as it seems to have actually reduced my stats. I'll forget about it this game, and next time play as someone for whom magic and essence are insignificant. What sort of character build can use tons of augments without consequence? There's got to be a good way through the game with a character with zero magical abilities/reliance, right?

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Hmmmm, can't even find that adrenal thing in the list of options...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

BadAstronaut posted:

Tried pain editor.i think it's either bugged or I'm not understanding it as it seems to have actually reduced my stats. I'll forget about it this game, and next time play as someone for whom magic and essence are insignificant. What sort of character build can use tons of augments without consequence? There's got to be a good way through the game with a character with zero magical abilities/reliance, right?

Remember that in Dragonfall, Cyberware cannot push you past your racial stat caps. So if you're already capped on Willpower, the Pain Editor literally does jack poo poo except reduce your Intelligence.

Only in Hong Kong, with sufficient points in Cyberware Affinity, can cyberware raise your stats past a cap.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I think the Grenade Chuckin' Arm is probably the best new feature in the game.

Solid Jake posted:

Pistols Report:

Pistols suck something fierce right up until you get the Ruger Thunderbolt pistol and the Chain Shot ability, after which they become Fun and Good.

I completely disagree. Like someone else pointed out The Bloody End is available pretty early and has really solid damage, especially with double tap. The starting pistol feels particularly weak but then again virtually everything does. The Savalette Guardian is also a really strong early choice because it gives you burst that remains viable until you actually have access to the Thunderbolt.

fennesz fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 31, 2015

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

BadAstronaut posted:

Hmmmm, can't even find that adrenal thing in the list of options...

You need to do missions for the telephone people (schokkenweiter???). They send you an email once it's available.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Schockwellenreiter, or "Shockwave Riders".

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

fennesz posted:

I think the Grenade Chuckin' Arm is probably the best new feature in the game.
That poo poo plus reflex trigger basically make my whip cyberwarrior invulnerable, its great. I still don't have my dermal skin or either leg option kitted out yet and when I do, its going to be i]great[/i]. Actually, on that note it really bothers me that the legs come individually. Those kind of need to work in tandem. If one leg is a massive hydraulic jack and the other is normal, you're not actually going to run better because you're pretty much hopping around on one leg. Double everything about the leg mods (cost, benefit, etc) and make them come as a packaged set, imo. Or at least some of them, I guess, depending on the mod.
:goonsay:

BadAstronaut
Sep 15, 2004

Is there a bug with getting into the sewers after the Alice quest is over? I've collected the team and got Dante and I'm right at the sewers with the yellow quest marker over the entrance but can't interact with it...

Edit: there are off screen enemies you need to kill, so wander around until no longer in combat once you've beaten them all and you can enter the sewers.

BadAstronaut fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 31, 2015

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I'm kind of surprised how much the Academic etiquette gets used in Hong Kong after barely using it at all in DMS and DF

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I'm not even sure I get the point of Pain Editor.

Trading a point of INT for a point of WIL can make sense for mages and adepts, since the point of WIL will be worth more karma than the point of INT.

The Pain Editor also allows a non-Dwarf Adept to get access to Qi Casting 10 and Martial Defense II, although only when combined with 6 cyber affinity, so that's very much an edge case.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Khizan posted:

You need Pistols specifically, not just ranged combat.

Not to use it, to acquire it.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Also the ending I got was Raymond sacrifices himself, but defeat the queen and Maximum Law lived. So guess I didn't get the best ending

Best ending:
1. Keep talking to Crafty until you got both of her mails.
2. Keep talking to Is0bel post-DeckCon until she tells you of the boy who tricked the Nameless King.
3. Keep talking with Duncan until you are reminded of the phrase you used to break up a fight between him and Raymond.
4. At your last stop in Heoi, use that same phrase to break up the argument between Duncan and Raymond.
5. Once you beat Qian Yu the second time and Raymond enters, tell her you earned an audience.
6. Give her a counter-offer: Her own life.
7. Threaten her to let the other Yama Kings in otherwise.
8. Tell her you know about the Nameless King.
9. When she asks to take her slaves with her, tell her she gets jack poo poo.
10. You just punked a cosmic horror.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Magni posted:

Best ending:
2. Keep talking to Is0bel post-DeckCon until she tells you of the boy who tricked the Nameless King.
3. Keep talking with Duncan until you are reminded of the phrase you used to break up a fight between him and Raymond.
4. At your last stop in Heoi, use that same phrase to break up the argument between Duncan and Raymond.
5. Once you beat Qian Yu the second time and Raymond enters, tell her you earned an audience.

That's pretty cool. During my run I just did:
6. Open fire and kill her on the first turn only being able to use half my team before she goes down.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

neongrey posted:

Not to use it, to acquire it.

When I acquired it the skill check was on my pistols skill specifically and the text was all about disabling the pistol in a fashion that lets you remove it from the lock and reassemble it.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Magni posted:

Best ending:

That's how I did it as well, yeah. And it was pretty cool realizing that Qian Yu, as powerful and evil and such as she was, was still not willing to sacrifice her life for the sake of a shot at getting her own personal little fiefdom; in video games, enemies who are willing to sacrifice everything to see their ambitions through are a great deal more common. It was bizarrely refreshing to see an all-powerful evil cosmic entity who was afraid to die.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Magni posted:

Best ending:

Ah see I talked to everyone constantly and got the Nameless King story but I think I forgot to use that specific dialogue tree between Duncan and Raymond I think I ended up saying something else, I even got the story about the Nameless one and the trick.

Ah well.

I think my next game I'm going full on Cyber Warrior with big gently caress off axe or go for the mono filament whip.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 31, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
New beta patch now lets you buy grenade launchers in the hub town.

Both the regular one and the 6 ammo one from DF.

Think I'm going outfit Duncan and Gobbet with some grenade lobbin goodness :getin:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Please Auntie, I just want to buy some legs. Spare some nuyen?

e: ^^^^ Where are those patch notes?

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 31, 2015

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

Please Auntie, I just want to buy some legs. Spare some nuyen?

e: ^^^^ Where are those patch notes?

You can find them on the steam forums - along with instructions on how to install the beta patch.

No idea with the GoG version.

Man, I'm going to load EVERYBODY with grenade launchers. I'll use the basic one, cuz it does more damage and I'll have the auto-loader. I'll give a 6 ammo one to Duncan and Gobbet (nice that you can have multiple copies of the same item now). And I'll take Is0bel along because of the obvious.

This is gonna be awesome.

mauman fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 31, 2015

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Beta patch notes:

New Features, Improvements
Added trigger to check for Game difficulty
Added first time Jack into Matrix help popup
Added first time Hacking Blocker IC help popup
Updated Help slides to improve understanding of new Matrix Features
Core/Engine Bug Fixes
Rebalanced some Physical Adept spells
Resolved edge case issue that could cause save files from loading properly under specific conditions
Resolved issue that caused “last actor” triggers to lose reference upon save and load
Resolved issue that caused Drones to be loaned incorrectly
Resolved issue that caused Magnet Arm ability to activate incorrectly
Resolved issue that caused mission objective toasts to not appear if Karma screen was open
Resolved issue that caused some Cyberweapon abilities to have incorrect cooldown
Resolved issue that could lead to incorrect UI behaviour if Karma screen is opened with other UI active
Resolved issue that prevented Screen Labels from displaying in specific cases
Content Bug Fixes
Added Grenade Launchers to Heoi weapons shops
Rebalanced Prosperity Tower Matrix
Resolved issue that caused incorrect behavior after double crossing allies in the Whistleblower mission
Resolved issue that caused incorrect behavior in the Uninvited Guests mission
Resolved issue that caused incorrect hostile behavior in The Extraction mission
Resolved issue that caused merchant in the City of Death mission to sell you the clothes off his back
Resolved issue that caused Non-Lethal abilities to be counted as Lethal in Uninvited Guests mission
Resolved issue that caused Rat King’s body to disappear after death
Resolved issue that caused skill check to fail incorrectly in the City of Death mission
Resolved issue that could cause a mission objective in Assist mission to not complete under specific cases
Resolved issue that could cause incorrect camera behavior in the City of Death mission
Resolved issue that could cause incorrect endgame payout in some cases
Resolved issue that could cause players to be unable to summon an environmental spirit in the Bad Qi mission
Resolved issue that could cause some NPCs dialogue to not trigger
Resolved issue that could cause some NPCs to be staged incorrectly in Heoi in some cases
Resolved issue that could cause The Extraction mission to be starting in a bad state
Resolved issue that could lead to confusion in the Bad Qi mission
Resolved issue that could lead to incorrect behavior when loaning Drones to Racter
Resolved issue that could lead to incorrect hostile behavior in Prosperity Tower mission
Resolved issue that could prevent an NPC encounter in The Dig mission
Resolved issue that could trigger incorrect series of events in Deckcon 2056 mission
Resolved issue that prevented Is0bel’s grenade launcher from lighting people on fire if upgraded
Resolved issue that prevented Is0bel’s grenade launcher from stripping armor if upgraded
Resolved issue that prevented Optional Paydata from Deckcon 2056 from being sold
Resolved issue that prevented Pocket Clams from being used
Resolved minor animation issues
Minor grammar and typo fixes
Minor UI improvements and bug fixes

REPORTING BUGS
Before reporting a bug please read the known issues section of this post, if you are unable to find a bug listed that matches what you are experiencing then leave a comment in this thread. Include as many details about the bug including the steps you took to produce this bug.

Known Issues
Swapping Drones from one weapon slot to another while in freemove causes Drone to become unavailable

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

They still haven't fixed the whip to not add Strength? Huh.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Resolved issue that caused merchant in the City of Death mission to sell you the clothes off his back

lame

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Have to admit this made me laugh my rear end off first time I played that level.

Moment of humor in an otherwise bleak time.

Subjunctive posted:

They still haven't fixed the whip to not add Strength? Huh.

Thought they fixed this with one of the first patches.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

:(

I thought that was a feature.

Hey on the last mission before you go into the city, is Kindly not suppose to be there at her bar? Cause she's not for me.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved
The hell are Pocket Clams?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
Trying to polish off Dragonfall, having trouble keeping the Main Terminal alive in the face of all the guys from two different factions who are co-operating for no aforementioned reason.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I wish there was less forced combat with innocent private security guys in these games. I'm having to roleplay as being mid-complete mental breakdown every time, and its limiting my conversation choices with teammates.

I laughed when Paul got ventilated.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm thinking my next run through except for Gaichu , i'll choose the burn it all to the ground approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sassassin posted:

I wish there was less forced combat with innocent private security guys in these games. I'm having to roleplay as being mid-complete mental breakdown every time, and its limiting my conversation choices with teammates.

I laughed when Paul got ventilated.

Hey man, when you sign up with private security in the Shadowrun-verse, you're basically agreeing to be the megacorps' lapdog, and obedient servant to the status quo. As far as I'm concerned, their deaths are just.

Cyberpunk's all about class warfare, and they're the standing army of capital. Enemy soldiers must die.

• Locked thread