Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
also, the door thing might be played out, but here's the only tip u need to know for a good college (and therefore, life) experience:

go out and make friends and hang out with them and get decent grades. maintain these friendships by being social and personable.

ok that just set you up for life, don't gently caress it up!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

rabble rabble posted:

are there even any college freshman on here anymore?> I thought we all just sorta progressed to nearing 30 something burnouts and alcoholics

Someone did the math in the Questions/Suggestions forum and apparently new membership signups are down like 80% from 2 years ago.

So yes.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

rabble rabble posted:

are there even any college freshman on here anymore?> I thought we all just sorta progressed to nearing 30 something burnouts and alcoholics
18 and life

ExplosionFactory
Oct 4, 2007
Depression is real. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Haha.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also from what i can tell most new people congregate in the Games subforum, even moreso the Let's Play subforum since that's basically the only reason anyone joins here anymore anyways

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

how long until blogging is a major?

i fully expect to see mfa programs in blogging any day now, if there aren't any already

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone did the math in the Questions/Suggestions forum and apparently new membership signups are down like 80% from 2 years ago.

So yes.

A lot of those are freaks buying parachute/alt accounts; which are the lifeblood of our dying gay forum.

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

If like me you suck at the whole networking thing and aren't bound for grad school, learn a technical computer-y skill or learn how to write really well (assuming that neither thing is already essential to your major) so you'll be hireable by someone other than Starbucks when you graduate. Nearly everyone with a bachelor's degree can claim with some validity to have strong research skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, so learn something on your own time that will make you stand from Joe Sociology B.A.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oh Hell No posted:

If like me you suck at the whole networking thing and aren't bound for grad school, learn a technical computer-y skill or learn how to write really well (assuming that neither thing is already essential to your major) so you'll be hireable by someone other than Starbucks when you graduate. Nearly everyone with a bachelor's degree can claim with some validity to have strong research skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, so learn something on your own time that will make you stand from Joe Sociology B.A.
...there's opportunities for me? the only thing i can do pretty well in life is write.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So yes.

What a shock, we banned Aatrek and no longer appeal to children.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Urinate in your garbage can and empty weekly then you dont have to waste time walking to the bathroom to piss. Thats what i did anyway other than the stale urine reek it was the best decision i ever made,

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Urinate in your garbage can and empty weekly then you dont have to waste time walking to the bathroom to piss. Thats what i did anyway other than the stale urine reek it was the best decision i ever made,

post more tips on how to not get laid

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

A hammer. A plunger.

Put these things in your butt and bring them to college. You'll need them, and if they're in your butt they'll always be ready to impress your new roommates and friends.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Chew tobacco and leave the spit cups around. You can dump them out the window whenever they pile up. If you chew wintergreen or peppermint you dont need air fresheners cause the open spit cups will fill the air with minty freshness.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

Chew tobacco and leave the spit cups around. You can dump them out the window whenever they pile up. If you chew wintergreen or peppermint you dont need air fresheners cause the open spit cups will fill the air with minty freshness.
i didn't realize i wandered into the White Trash thread

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm going to college so that I can touch fish and turtles and wildlife professionally

Thanks for the tips

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm going to college so that I can touch fish and turtles and wildlife professionally

Thanks for the tips

Make sure to major in Gender & Sexuality Studies

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i graduated years ago and hate anyone younger than me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

Make sure to major in Gender & Sexuality Studies

Okay but it had better help me touch animals professionally

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Okay but it had better help me touch animals professionally

it'll teach you to refer to said animals by their preferred pronouns :wink:

SD-455
May 15, 2009

by Lowtax
If you see some chick lugging a mattress around campus, ask her out. She does anal

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
At a party it's common for guys to make out for attention but they're not that gay overall.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
they'll try to play dead, so spray downed bodies as you pass

don't let the cops box you in

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

failing? tell your prof. your dad has cancer

if you can produce tears its a bonus

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

as portrayed in the hit film Dead Man on Campus, if your roommate commits suicide the school will pass you even if youre failing!*

*disclaimer: this is actually probably bullshit

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

A misanthrope posted:

as portrayed in the hit film Dead Man on Campus, if your roommate commits suicide the school will pass you even if youre failing!*

*disclaimer: this is actually probably bullshit

Can confirm, my cousin did not get a pass after his roomie hung himself. Just a fat rear end check and all the time off from school he wanted.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

also emotional scars but really who cares about those

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
yeah my uni fails all white males regardless of how they actually do so that we can experience institutional oppression

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

Can confirm, my cousin did not get a pass after his roomie hung himself. Just a fat rear end check and all the time off from school he wanted.

hey i'd take it

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the real mega tip is to walk into the room of other people who have their door open

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

A misanthrope posted:

failing? tell your prof. your dads have cancer

if you can produce tears its a bonus

fixed for the liberal arts student

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

spacemang_spliff posted:

fixed for the liberal arts student

better be rear end cancer or it doesn't count

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I will remind them today

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

try gay sex at least ten times with hot twinks before you decide its not for you

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
make up some bullshit excuse so you dont have to live in a dorm because youll make friends in class/at parties if you're not socially stunted

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

College pro tip, Steal toilet paper for your dorm from all over campus, you are paying tuition to use that toilet paper, why does it mater if you use it in the art building or in your own room?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

nah live in a dorm for at least a year. its an important experience in understanding why hell is other people

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
here is an advice: don't do drugs, kids

TwoFire
Sep 11, 2001

by Ralp
suck dicks - you'll get money AND free meals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002