Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote exakt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Rarity posted:

How come we still have a second kill then?

No clue.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Rarity posted:

Why would anyone think this? Everyone would expect you to vig PMom, surely?

I was clear about the fact that I was not going to vig PMom.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

I Roleblocked ljtrigirl with a 1-shot Roleblock item "boards and nails and instructions for using them" that I received N2.

So I can confirm that ljtrigirl did not kill anyone last night. That means the "stabbed" flavor must be from something other than ljtrigirl's harpoons.

Bahahaha. So, Lumpen thought I was going to shoot him.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

QuoProQuid posted:

Could you explain your logic here? Why would you try to murder Lumpen or myself during the night, given that your most clear read seems to be on PMom?

Dude. Seriously? Because PMom is scum and they probably have the bus driver, especially if you believe TMM is scum. Lumpen was the other person I've thought was scum since D1.

I shot you because your case on me and then "oh wait, she's claimed something" was hella fake, and you've been pretty sketchy all game.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
TMM visited keane last night. He was the only one. That is what using the coin on keane told me.

Also, I give out the boards. I gave it to QPQ n1, but I chose kashuno n2, which is why I thought the hammer was the pick up for it. This makes me confused.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Oh, also I've returned from the frigid northland to the sweltering southlands, and thus have a computer and other such things. I will do a reread tomorrow night after work. For now

##vote TMM

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

Dude. Seriously? Because PMom is scum and they probably have the bus driver, especially if you believe TMM is scum.

The very last thing that happened yesterday was me taunting you over your not being able to vig me last night!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

Bahahaha. So, Lumpen thought I was going to shoot him.
Yep. I don't think you're Scum, but I felt you were likely to end up killing a Townie, probably me, or your shot would get busdriven. So I blocked you. If you targeted QPQ I'm glad I stopped it because I strongly feel QPQ is Town as well.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mithross posted:

TMM visited keane last night. He was the only one. That is what using the coin on keane told me.
That's good enough for me. That would suggest TMM also stabbed TNL.
##vote TMM

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote
##vote tmm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm the cop. The tiger statue from my posted description is the item. The tiger changes from a sleeping tiger to a roaring tiger in the presence of evil.

I copped ljtrigirl on N1 as town because she is new and was swinging around, Samfu on N2 as town because he was the second vote and with merk flipping town I wanted to make sure we didn't let scum off the hook and tried to cop Keane because of the ghost thing on N3

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mithross posted:

My role works the same, although I give out the hammers.

Mithross posted:

Also, I give out the boards. I gave it to QPQ n1, but I chose kashuno n2, which is why I thought the hammer was the pick up for it. This makes me confused.
This confuses me too, because the description I got for the roleblock said nothing about hammers. It said boards and nails and instructions for how to use them and specified it was a 1-shot roleblock, and that matches QPQ's testimony too, right?

Ljtrigirl, can you shed some light? Was that what you got when you picked up Kashuno's dropped "hammer"?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Mithross posted:

The hammer said it coupled with boards and nails to make a roleblock.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

I'm the cop. The tiger statue from my posted description is the item. The tiger changes from a sleeping tiger to a roaring tiger in the presence of evil.

I copped ljtrigirl on N1 as town because she is new and was swinging around, Samfu on N2 as town because he was the second vote and with merk flipping town I wanted to make sure we didn't let scum off the hook and tried to cop Keane because of the ghost thing on N3

I call bullshit.

Let me find the post. I was pissed at you at one point on D2 because you said something about me maybe being scum and I'd given you my N1 spear.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

This confuses me too, because the description I got for the roleblock said nothing about hammers. It said boards and nails and instructions for how to use them and specified it was a 1-shot roleblock, and that matches QPQ's testimony too, right?

Ljtrigirl, can you shed some light? Was that what you got when you picked up Kashuno's dropped "hammer"?

It said if you put a hammer with some boards, you get a roleblock at night. That's why I said something about finding the other part or not being able to use it or something.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Alright, after a bit of re-reading, I'm not seeing too much on Lumpen. There's a few minor pings and I'm not sure I like his focus on Diqnol. There might be something there, but I don't know his meta so I can't use that to make a call. Right now, I'm pretty neutral on him and I'll just have to pay attention to his actions through the day. Lumpen, aside from Diqnol, who else do you think we should be looking at today and why? I don't want a diary for the why, just a short simple sentence will do for now. Might be a good target for the day.

As for PMom, I can sort of see merks case against PMom, but I don't think I'm quite sold on it yet. Again, my problem with PMom is I never had any clue what he is doing, so I always end up suspicious of him and never know if my read on him is paranoia or an actual scum read. However, I think he is probably a good target to examine today. And since you also seem focused on one person, aside from ljtrigril, who else do you think we should be looking at PMom?

Moving on to ljtrigirl, I'm getting a little confused by her lately. I was leaning pretty well town for her during D1, but right now she seems weirdly focused on PMom, although she also has other suspects in Meinberg, merk and maybe Lumpen? I'm not sure about Lumpen because she said he wasn't on her list in the dream, but she'd still vote him just after the others in her list. So I'm not sure what to make of that contradiction. I still think I'm leaning town, but it's not such a big lean anymore. However, I will say that I do like that she is making calls and swinging all over the place as it certainly produces some good content. I guess it's a possible target, but it'd be pretty far down my list right now.

It seems like the merk/diqnol dispute is still going on a bit, but it doesn't look like it's going to dominate the day. I was leaning towards diqnol as scum yesterday but he was a lot better as the deadline approached so he's back to neutral for me. Even with my suspicion rising a bit on her, I'm a little curious about QPQ jumping on ljtrigirl. He makes some decent points, but I'm not sure I agree with all of them so it's something I'm going to be watching. I'd like to see what Kashuno has to say about QPQ given the masonry with Rarity.

Here. No way a cop with an N1 green on me says I dropped down in their reads.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
yeah what lj said

##vote TMM

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ljtrigirl posted:

Here. No way a cop with an N1 green on me says I dropped down in their reads.

Yeah, I just found that post on my phone and was about to quote it :v: . That's not consistent with a N1 town on you.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm not going to switch to TMM yet.

Lumpen- Why do you think QPQ is towny?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure what to think of the QPQ moving to and fro on Samfu. It could be scumbuddy covering for scumbuddy again, but it seems too obvious and therefore I'm more inclined to lean town for Samfu, but for now I'll put him in the 4th spot on my list.

Someone with a town cop result on Samfu, allegedly.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Like, come on. I've been fake cleared probably close to three times as often as I've been real cleared. I know what I real clear looks like.

That being said, I don't know that I want to immediately lynch him because it immediately moves us into night with no more discussion time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I cast some shade her way because I wanted to see if anyone would try to build a bad case on her. If you keep reading i call all the cases against her bullshit.

I never voted her and I never would have voted for her. If she had been in any danger I would have claimed at that point.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Two more on TMM, and it's night, so if people could hold off for a bit, I'd appreciate it.

I really want to understand why people are reading QPQ as town because that's a read I don't get at all.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

TMMadman posted:

Yeah I cast some shade her way because I wanted to see if anyone would try to build a bad case on her. If you keep reading i call all the cases against her bullshit.

I never voted her and I never would have voted for her. If she had been in any danger I would have claimed at that point.

Plenty of people have built bad cases on me. I was LL for a while on D2. And you didn't really defend me at all or try to push any of them the next day.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Also calling bullshit on TMM. Just did a reread and he was pushing Hal D1 and QPQ on D2 and D3. If he had the ability to investigate and was Town he would have checked them. his claimed targets don't add up.

Scum caught, let's wrap this up.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

Also calling bullshit on TMM. Just did a reread and he was pushing Hal D1 and QPQ on D2 and D3. If he had the ability to investigate and was Town he would have checked them. his claimed targets don't add up.

Scum caught, let's wrap this up.

Why do you think QPQ is town?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

Why do you think QPQ is town?
Why do you think he isn't?

Assuming TMM flips Scum, their D3 interactions strongly imply QPQ is likely Town. He also just claimed it was him who passed me a Roleblock N2, and a I can't see any reason a Scum would pass a Roleblock off to a Townie. I think he has been posting sincerely and Ive had a Town read on him since D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ljtrigirl posted:

Plenty of people have built bad cases on me. I was LL for a while on D2. And you didn't really defend me at all or try to push any of them the next day.

Nope. Nope nope nope.

You had 4 votes on you during D2 and all of them were early. You were never in danger of being lynched. The 4 votes were diqnol, QPQ, PMom and FV. The only one I haven't really expressed suspicion about is FV.

I told you all I don't play this game the way others play. I try to use my investigations in a way that would help town, so I often go after targets that I'm not talking about in the thread.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

That was a pretty fast grab there SamV. You better be on the up and up.

Btw, this is my cop breadcrumb. I was going to cop SSV on N1, but when I saw the double vote on D1 I figured he was either a town double voter or the pearl was the cause. I probably still should have copped him, but wanted to check the new person on the off chance of newbie scum since she would likely get a couple of leeway days just from being new to the site.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

ljtrigirl posted:

It said if you put a hammer with some boards, you get a roleblock at night. That's why I said something about finding the other part or not being able to use it or something.
Well, that is kind of inexplicable, because I got just boards and nails, no mention of a hammer or anything missing, I was explicitly told it was a 1-Shot Roleblock, and you were indeed blocked.

QPQ, what information did you have? Anything about needing another part?

Mithross, can you clarify? If there were multiple parts needed and you gave them to different people N1 and N2? You gave boards to QPQ N1 and then claimed on D3 that "I give out hammers"?

Something doesn't seem right in these claims somewhere.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ljtrigirl, you said on D3 that you gave TMM a harpoon N1. Can you explain why you would choose to hand TMM a vig over every other person in the thread at that time?

I don't remember you saying he was Town, or agreeing with his reads, and he doesn't seem like a particularly wise choice at all (especially if he now flips Scum). Just curious about your train of thought.

And wondering about Diqnol's different-flavor-maybe speargun now that he flipped Survivor... Is there even a busdriver?

How much time are you trying to buy TMM, ljtrigirl? Why are you loudly calling bullshit but hesitant to vote him?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

Btw, this is my cop breadcrumb. I was going to cop SSV on N1, but when I saw the double vote on D1 I figured he was either a town double voter or the pearl was the cause. I probably still should have copped him, but wanted to check the new person on the off chance of newbie scum since she would likely get a couple of leeway days just from being new to the site.

THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY A COP BREADCRUMB HOW ARE YOU SO TERRIBLE AT THIS

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY A COP BREADCRUMB HOW ARE YOU SO TERRIBLE AT THIS

What do you expect me to put a :cop: smilie after it or something?

I spent a lot of time in my 20s around cops between a couple of jobs and they liked to use the phrase 'on the up and up'. It's probably just a local thing but it stuck in my mind so I used it.

The last time I was a cop my breadcrumb was a joke about fishing just for the halibut.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
So here's a track of all the claims we've had regarding items

Diqnol: Received harpoon on N1 (unconfirmed but breadcrumbed but never dropped)
Trigirl: Gave TM a harpoon on N1 and Kash a harpoon on N2 (unconfirmed)
Mithross: Gave board/nails to QPQ on N1 and hammer to Kash on N2 (confirmed by QPQ/in thread)
QPQ: Passed board/nails on (specifically to Lumpen?) on N2
Lumpen: Received board/nails on N2 and used (without hammer?) on trigirl on N3 (confirmed by trigirl)
Trigirl: Blocked on N3 (confirmed by Lumpen)
TM: Bullshit cop claim (unconfirmed)
Mithross: Tracked TM to Keane on N3 with the coin (unconfirmed)

So in regards to this roleblock thing I'd say there's only two possibilities that suit Occam's Razor: either Scumpen receives the board/nails, doesn't realise they need a hammer and lets the scum RB block trigirl while he claims or trigirl is bullshitting the need for the items to combine. Therefore, here are my questions:

1. QPQ, when you received the board/nails did they say they needed another item?
2. Mithross, full claim please.
3. Whoever originally had the coin should consider claiming as well
4. TM, why are you bad at setting up fake claims?

I have 2 votes ready for TM as soon as these are answered (ok, I'm not too fussed about number 4 :v:)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

What do you expect me to put a :cop: smilie after it or something?

I spent a lot of time in my 20s around cops between a couple of jobs and they liked to use the phrase 'on the up and up'. It's probably just a local thing but it stuck in my mind so I used it.

The last time I was a cop my breadcrumb was a joke about fishing just for the halibut.

The whole point of a breadcrumb is OTHER PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT IS. Like, if you're actually being legit then you've pretty much lost this game for town cause of this. There is no way that claim is going to get you out of a lynch. Considering what I can do with the pearl, I doubt there even is a cop in this game.

Relating to this, I'm pretty much convinced TM is the SK cause I imagine the scum team would have already been thinking about and setting up their claims

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I agree that TMM's claim should be totally dismissed and he should be immediately lynched, there's no way he's a Cop and his claimed targets make no sense at all. There's nothing more obvious than a Watcher who unambiguously sees one visitor to the nightkill. Keene's dead, only TMM visited, case closed. Nothing else can explain it that I can think of.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You've never played in a game with a ninja?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

Why do you think he isn't?

Assuming TMM flips Scum, their D3 interactions strongly imply QPQ is likely Town. He also just claimed it was him who passed me a Roleblock N2, and a I can't see any reason a Scum would pass a Roleblock off to a Townie. I think he has been posting sincerely and Ive had a Town read on him since D1.

a) His case on me and then "Oops. I forgot her claim" seemed super fake.
b) He's been super present, but I have a hard time remembering any real stances he's taken.

He just feels like he's flitting in and out, constantly around but only putting out enough real content to not get lynched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Lumpen posted:

Ljtrigirl, you said on D3 that you gave TMM a harpoon N1. Can you explain why you would choose to hand TMM a vig over every other person in the thread at that time?

I don't remember you saying he was Town, or agreeing with his reads, and he doesn't seem like a particularly wise choice at all (especially if he now flips Scum). Just curious about your train of thought.

And wondering about Diqnol's different-flavor-maybe speargun now that he flipped Survivor... Is there even a busdriver?

How much time are you trying to buy TMM, ljtrigirl? Why are you loudly calling bullshit but hesitant to vote him?

I mean, he was my top town read on D1. I said that several times.

I actually almost gave it to Rarity, but I was afraid she'd shoot me.

• Locked thread