Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will dethrone ZSB First for Titles?
Miami
GT
UNC
NCSU
BC
FSU
Clemson
EA Sports
NO ONE
View Results

• Locked thread
Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Nope, it's still pretty awful. I likely won't have better internet for a month. If you want to try we can, but the only time it ever works ok is usually around this time of day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

gently caress this stupid rear end team.

You can sim my game.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Then uhh I guess I'll play that NCSU squad and advance us along in the next day or two. Sorry Dio, hopefully by time we start the new file you'll be back up and running.

I've edited most of the rosters for the most obvious players, but I'm sorta waiting to see how the start of the season goes in case I missed anything obvious.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I start my new job on Tuesday so hopefully after the first paycheck I can be rolling again

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Then uhh I guess I'll play that NCSU squad and advance us along in the next day or two. Sorry Dio, hopefully by time we start the new file you'll be back up and running.

I've edited most of the rosters for the most obvious players, but I'm sorta waiting to see how the start of the season goes in case I missed anything obvious.

In other words you're putting off a new league until you can get your annual smash in on Miami :(

You have literally nothing to prove in this league at this point lol. Sometimes I wonder why you still bother to play this game?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

In other words you're putting off a new league until you can get your annual smash in on Miami :(

You have literally nothing to prove in this league at this point lol. Sometimes I wonder why you still bother to play this game?

Uhh Pride I guess?

Mostly I wanted to play everyone and cement my utter dominance, but if everyone is gonna be checked out until the new one goes up then I suppose I'll hustle along with it. This is just the first year of this game in 7 years of it coming out that I've truly peaked and I've been enjoying it I guess. I really just wanted to play everyone with my team I suppose.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 26, 2015

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

We can duke it out next advance if you'd like? It'll likely be an embarrassment to Miami's, but I'm down to throw my controller a few times.

E: You've got to know that your team is this uber because I'm in a position to challenge you. The last time we played was comical.

John Brown fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Aug 26, 2015

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.
I'd like to play out this season. While this year's team is not what it was last season I still think it's my best chance to take the ACC in a while and I'll be sad to lose that when we revert to irl rosters.

It's hard to follow sports while overseas but I have a feeling UNC is not the powerhouse of UNC and even with the JB taking over Pitt, we still have GT and FSU to contend with. Not to mention irl VT is basically exactly how Z plays.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'm on AP until the restart.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm torn on which team I'll go with only because I'll have a much better chance of sticking it to Z with Da U. The idea of building a program excites me, but Pitt will need at least 4 seasons to catch up to VT.

My biggest flaw with Miami was not recruiting ATH QBs until I had no coach XP.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

So some insight into how the rosters for a reboot looks after we wrap up this season.

VT has a monster defense, but not much depth, and no offensive starter higher than an 88 (most are in the 79-85 range).

Pitt has the best offensive starter players in the league (Conner, Voytik, Boyd), but the rest of the surrounding cast is p whatever, and the defense isn't better than a B. Scoring points shouldn't be too hard, but stopping folks may take a year or two.

UNC is loaded on offense (deep and well rated), but the defense irl is shaky as gently caress so there aren't many standouts there.

FSU is a p stacked team, but mostly in terms of depth they have young decently rated guys that will be monsters in a year or two.

NCSU has the best RB pair in the ACC, and a decent defense. Brissett is a strong QB.

Miami again has some good skill talent, but their defense is p mediocre outside of the Corner & LB spots. Prb has the best QB for growth potential since he's almost 90 ovr and a sophomore.

Louisville has some strong balance of highly rated players on offense and defense, but a lot of that talent is Juniors or Seniors so they won't last long without some recruiting effort.

Clemson has a thin defense, but has some of the best offensive players (QB, WR) in the rosters.

GT has the best QB, and some good offensive depth, but like IRL it's really gonna be incumbent on the player to maximize an otherwise middling roster. They aren't bad, but they aren't top tier by their ratings.

Wake, Syracuse, UVA, Duke all have a couple really good players and the rest is like whoa not very good. Duke prb the best off among the bunch of them with a few All ACC caliber defenders at safety and LB.

Everyone has a decent QB, VT has the worst starting QB @ 86 ovr while most of the other teams have an 89+ QB. My biggest gripe is Operation Sports sets up their rosters built to the madden scale where an average player is in the 70s, most decent starters are in the low to mid 80s and anyone 90 or above is an absolute stud. So I've been trying to balance and raise it out since recruiting will rapidly ruin the depth of players on the roster if I don't. Also trying to manage to avoid the Oline depth complaint by getting everyone to have a line that's got young players starting in the 70s at least. The flip side is I suppose games might be more "inline" with irl results in that you won't murder anyone unless you're genuinely way more talented and struggle otherwise, but somehow that isn't as much fun being frustrated at your imaginary players every other play.

Also we advanced.
VT @ Miami
NCSU vs GT

I have officiating starting tomorrow evening so I don't expect to be able to play till the weekend JB, as for Dio & Cletus I kinda will leave that up to them although it sounds like Dio might be taking another AP game. Which is rough given I think having played your squad last night you would have had a chance to compete for a title this season minus this lack of internet.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Cletus, if you're willing to try, I am as well. We can at least see how bad it is

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I can put the roster I've edited onto my EA locker and you guys can download it to look at it if there is interest.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can put the roster I've edited onto my EA locker and you guys can download it to look at it if there is interest.

I trust your judgement. You know much more about college football than I, and as long as you've shown awareness to the INJ and STA ratings then I'm good to go.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
GT over NC State, 35-31.

Only GT's 2nd real "upset" win in the dynasty, I think my only other user game win was against someone who played as Virginia for a couple of weeks at best way early on when I first joined.

Had a huge lead at one point, think 35-17, but Dio fought back hard. I was just trying to control the clock - which I know is something we've all been saying is a bad idea, but I don't exactly have a team you can trust to not make a turnover.

GG Dio!

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Looks like my net is stable enough to play games at the right time of day, but GT thoroughly whooped me. Gg

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Looks like my net is stable enough to play games at the right time of day, but GT thoroughly whooped me. Gg

Now I feel bad we didn't even try to play. Sorry man.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

It's cool, I honestly didn't expect it to work so well w Cletus. We only had some lag during one drive but otherwise it was good. Next season, bruh bruh

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

It's cool, I honestly didn't expect it to work so well w Cletus. We only had some lag during one drive but otherwise it was good. Next season, bruh bruh

Seems like NCSU is my permanent cross division rival in reality given the # of times the game scheduled us together.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I believe we have played every season since Kancho left us

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Z, do you want to beat me Saturday morning?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Z, do you want to beat me Saturday morning?

That sounds appropriate. Like 10 or 11 CT?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

That sounds appropriate. Like 10 or 11 CT?

Let's make it 11am. I'm not completely sure where I'll be in the morning.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Ready when you are.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Advanced.

VT downs Miami as the clock expires 48-41. This game is my new #1 ESPN Instant Classic. Got the ball back with 2 seconds left, ran an option play that my QB took 75 yards for the game winning TD. Stats were practically even in terms of total yardage. Hokies led 27-20 at the half, but JB answered every score. I scored with ~50 seconds left in the game and he managed to drive down the field and tie it with the 2 seconds left. Was closer than JB predicted for sure.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

VT voodoo magic per usual.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

VT voodoo magic per usual.

Only explanation I can muster. MAAAAGGGIIICCCC

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FYI I've given up on recruiting.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Sly, when do you want to play? I work from home all the time now so let me know what works for you. (daytime games for me are easier wife-wise, and I'd usually know ahead of time if a work obligation would keep me from taking a break)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

So umm...Clemson is unplayable.

If everyone has to take a sim against them while that evens the tables, it's kinda a killer for me. Our uncharted territory yielded unknown results. Despite having a real depth chart, it will only bunch up players for any play. On the opening kickoff on my 5th attempt when I kicked it they had no team on the field.

This sorta inclines me to start the new dynasty and kill this one as it appears to be slowly dying on it's own. IMPRESSIONS. I can also live with an everyone takes a sim approach, it seems to have done that through the first few weeks.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm fine w the new season

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
This dynasty is clinging to life off the will of Z alone. Put it out of it's misery and lets restart.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Let's get on with the inevitable.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I shall kill it and set us up fresh and clean again for a new era of "maybe we won't break it this time" football. Tomorrow or Tuesday.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
I think you're getting scared of #2 GT and bailing fast now.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

cletus42o posted:

I think you're getting scared of #2 GT and bailing fast now.

I a'int scared of poo poo son. I run train on this dynasty y'all are sick of losing to me.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Thumb is healed but now I have a cornea infection and can't see. Just put me on AP both leagues until I post otherwise.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
My thumb is healed but now I have a cornea infection. Just put me on AP in both leagues until I post otherwise.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Sooo, while I'm about to create the new dynasty, I want to keep this around just in case. So I'm gonna throw the commish powers to Dio or Cletus just hold onto it so it doesn't get killed. PLEASE JUST HUMOR ME.

e: Invites were sent. No permanent cross division rivals, coach level can only be set to 20, but I allowed for people to take current coaches so perhaps that will alleviate any future quit and return situations.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm never going to quit any league again. Indefinite AP from here on out. Also, think I'm going to make my own coach in fear of Pitt's not being lvl 20.

E: What is the coach progression set to? Slow, normal, or fast?

• Locked thread