Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fav thing?
This poll is closed.
stabbing dean ambrose 18 12.50%
throwing poop on nxt 31 21.53%
nazis 47 32.64%
shut up 48 33.33%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DynamiteKidd posted:

The biggest rear end in a top hat in wrestling history

belonged to Cheex

God bless Cheex he was the most memorable thing to come out of TNA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm legitimately sorry to have to be Scott Keith-esque about Sting here by the way. I'm sure some of you guys feel about Sting how I feel about Taker. I can respect that. TBH there are lots of things I'm upset about non-wrestling related and even then, in terms of wrestling talents. personal poo poo and being a dumbass aside, Seth Rollins is probably the #2 guy I think deserves success (who hasn't gotten enough of it yet) behind Dean Ambrose (not counting NXT guys). He is SO loving good, and the idea of him losing a world title to Sting in 2015 to me personally is just...eeeeeurgh.

I know this is a bit back and all but I was a mark for WCW and I don't want the Sting champ in 2015. Hell I watched his TNA run and well... just no. There is ONE way I could enjoy a Stinger reign and that is he gets screwed out of it at the next PPV. HHH comes in for his inevitable next champ belt shot and cheats his way to victory as normal. Maybe toss in that ginger bastard for a 5 second victory to turn in the case which HHH immediately pedigrees and bam a win. HHH is WWE champ. YES THAT WILL SUCK AND I REMEMBER ALL HIS OLD PROMOS. Sting somehow gets a shot and goes the distance and overcomes the odds and alla that noise to win it at the next ppv or down the road and queue the tickertape. Toss in Cena helping out cuz Cena is a good guy and all. CENA becomes Sting's buddy and those two are the big title holders and eventually, with friendship in mind, a double title match is proposed. Towards the end the Authority, skulking and bitter, throw in the stip of loser is retired. Cena and Sting both get serious but Sting is ok with it as "best buds and he's had a good run". Flair also comes out as a supporter of both and is in both their corners and will make sure the match goes honest. Play it up until the night of the PPV when match is fairly even and Sting looks strong and pulls out all the stops. Authority comes out and looks threatening but is held off by the faces. At the 11th hour Sting is just about to win when Flair creeps up behind and does one of his best dirty blows, then Cena AA's the Stinger and theres the next win. He hugs Flair and then hugs HHH as they celebrate and Sting exits his in ring career in the most fitting way possible. Afterwards we get Authority heel Cena, the corporate champ. He can be pretty much as has been for a decade and embrace all the boos. He plays a face to the kids but the adults see past it. Pretty much Cena as usual but with enough of a change to make him tolerable. That makes many fans and, more importantly, Vince happy. Stinger could show up after as a rebel manager for some other new face and the occasional battery.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I liked Raw. I like where they are going with Rollins having to defend both titles at NOC. I'd be okay with Sting beating a banged up Rollins that just defended his US Title against Cena in a tough match.

Anyway... I thought they were going to go a totally different direction with the Divas Beat The Clock thing. I thought they were going to have one of the Team Bella members just lay down for whoever they thought was the weakest link of Team PCB and essentially pick the opponent for NOC. Oh well... Charlotte winning makes me think they are more serious about Nikki finally losing the title.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gonz posted:

Bayley is Female Cena, in that when she's called up to the main roster, she's gonna go gangbusters with all the merch sales.

They'd have to not treat her like a joke/push her first

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

KungFu Grip posted:

She neeeeeds to find her TITS first!!

gently caress off Kevin Dunn, never leave NXT Bayley.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KungFu Grip posted:

She has to WANT it more, come on this is basic

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oct MSG Network house show

Brock/Show
Seth/Cena
Sheamus/Orton
Dolph/Rusev
Owens/Jericho
New Day/Dudleys

Henry, Stardust, Team Bella also advertised

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
No Bo :(

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

It's hard to wrestle when you're dead.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Oh my god I'm so glad I didn't buy that ticket now

I guess a squash is a squash but I bet this is going to go much longer and be all CAN BROCK LESNAR SUPLEX THE BIG SHOW instead of Bo doing a funny promo and then getting murdered in 30 seconds

Owens/Jericho could be good though

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

I guess a squash is a squash but I bet this is going to go much longer and be all CAN BROCK LESNAR SUPLEX THE BIG SHOW instead of Bo doing a funny promo and then getting murdered in 30 seconds

have you seen their match at royal rumble 2014?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

have you seen their match at royal rumble 2014?

Faces don't use weapons

Unless you mean the weapon of Dick Kick

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Faces don't use weapons

Unless you mean the weapon of Dick Kick

the dick kick isn't a weapon it's undertakers new finisher

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

apparently this guy was diagnosed with stomach cancer last month, so there's a chance he might not serve a day in prison.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I was thinking that myself, so I did some additional reading (by which I mean I checked his wiki page); evidently he had surgery that removed all apparent cancer so theoretically he should be fine

EDIT: there's still a chance he might not serve a day in prison since there's no hard evidence against him, though

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I seriously can't think of a less interesting opponent for Lesnar on the roster than Big Show. We've already even seen it since his return, someone new please.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thauros posted:

I seriously can't think of a less interesting opponent for Lesnar on the roster than Big Show. We've already even seen it since his return, someone new please.

House shows are kinda bad if you want this stuff. Rosters are split for two tours, people are usually paired against who they're feuding with, then you have people they do mostly nothing with (Henry, now Stardust) or people who won't do anything other than house shows because gently caress Creative (Jericho, Batista if he ever does come back), and then if you're Brock you get the scraps

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Brock Lesnar tossing a 500lbs man around is extremely cool and I'd gladly watch that at a house show.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
FWIW they go pretty balls to the wall for the MSG shows, and everyone is expected to be on the top of their game for these. Even though they're not televised it's still one of the most important shows of the year for them.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xenoletum posted:

FWIW they go pretty balls to the wall for the MSG shows, and everyone is expected to be on the top of their game for these. Even though they're not televised it's still one of the most important shows of the year for them.

And this one's on the Network.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

House shows are kinda bad if you want this stuff. Rosters are split for two tours, people are usually paired against who they're feuding with, then you have people they do mostly nothing with (Henry, now Stardust) or people who won't do anything other than house shows because gently caress Creative (Jericho, Batista if he ever does come back), and then if you're Brock you get the scraps

This is a house show with Brock loving Lesnar that's being broadcast on the network. I'm not expecting him to face a top level dude, but someone at least fresh that would provide for a fun squash match like they did in Tokyo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They weren't going to have New Day again, and Bo's on the other house show

Which yes, is still a house show

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 2, 2015

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm bored with the repetitive Brock vs Some Old-Timer feuds. They should be using Brock to put over guys like Owens, Cesaro and Rollins. It annoyed me they booked Rollins to go into his match with Brock seemingly with no plan to beat him despite him being pushed as The Architect or whatever. They could've had Seth use all sorts of classic heel schtick to try and beat The Beast only for Brock to beat Seth down anyway only be felled by an Undertaker dick-kick.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
What happened to the rumor of Jericho/Liger?

Not looking to Orton/Sheamus best of 2 thousand series or Ziggler/Rusev. Really excited to see New Day live and watch Brock toss around a 500 pounder!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Seams posted:

I'm bored with the repetitive Brock vs Some Old-Timer feuds. They should be using Brock to put over guys like Owens, Cesaro and Rollins. It annoyed me they booked Rollins to go into his match with Brock seemingly with no plan to beat him despite him being pushed as The Architect or whatever. They could've had Seth use all sorts of classic heel schtick to try and beat The Beast only for Brock to beat Seth down anyway only be felled by an Undertaker dick-kick.

pretty sure WWE thinks that having Owens, Cesaro, or Rollins defeat Brock would kill Brock's heat on the spot

honestly, they might be right

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

So if Seth/Cena is being advertised on the MSG website as a US title match, doesn't that rather spoil NOC?

E: on second thoughts, probably ought to spoiler that. Dont go on the MSG website if you want a NOC spoiler I guess!

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Sep 2, 2015

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Skarsnik posted:

So if Seth/Cena is being advertised on the MSG website as a US title match, doesn't that rather spoil NOC?

E: on second thoughts, probably ought to spoiler that. Dont go on the MSG website if you want a NOC spoiler I guess!

It's not a spoiler

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

St Evan Echoes posted:

It's not a spoiler

No I guess not, though the idea of Cena getting another rematch if he loses at NOC is a bit silly

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

Skarsnik posted:

No I guess not, though the idea of Cena getting another rematch if he loses at NOC is a bit silly

Cena is the perpetual no. 1 contender for any belt of his choosing so it's not a big deal.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Cena's promo was pretty good I like how they have managed to screw Rollins over within the "rules"

Also I feel sorry for team "millions a dollas" because the Dudleys and New day totally overshadow them, have to chip in and say I love how Bubba "covers" devons pins in their matches.

I know he's been doing it for a while but its such a small thing to do and it makes them look like a proper team

I didn't think they would make a Paige v Sasha match boring.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!

VoLaTiLe posted:

I didn't think they would make a Paige v Sasha match boring.

That is powerful given the fact the match was less than a minute long.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
The one thing I hate is if active wrestlers are in the Champion's faction. Like why the hell does Alicia support Nikki? Brie I guess I can understand, I mean Nikki does wish she was absorbed in the womb.

She should want that title as badly as everyone else. It annoys me less with the authority because I can at least rationalise "They want to get in good with the owners so they get opportunities down the road."

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES
I think it's kinda silly that the new Wyatt's name rhymes with "Roman". It's gonna be a clusterfuck when you get matches like Roman vs. Rowan vs. Bronzed Roman

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

PicklesMcGillicuddy posted:

I think it's kinda silly that the new Wyatt's name rhymes with "Roman". It's gonna be a clusterfuck when you get matches like Roman vs. Rowan vs. Bronzed Roman

Just wait til they sign the Bro-Mans.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

Oct MSG Network house show

Brock/Show
Seth/Cena
Sheamus/Orton
Dolph/Rusev
Owens/Jericho
New Day/Dudleys

Henry, Stardust, Team Bella also advertised

WWE Same Old poo poo XXXVII

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Xenoletum posted:

I went to the last one and it was better than almost every PPV this year and last. Going to this one too and even if that's the actual final card (spoilers: it isn't) I'm excited.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The last one had H*** H**** Appreciation Night, which is real funny in retrospect. You aren't topping that until it comes out that Brock Lesnar shoots homeless people for sport in his wilderness estate

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

St Evan Echoes posted:

The last one had H*** H**** Appreciation Night, which is real funny in retrospect. You aren't topping that until it comes out that Brock Lesnar shoots homeless people for sport in his wilderness estate

He's already on the record with some gay-hatin' comments so I guess they don't care.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Hulk Hogan: not a fan of the blizz pizz
Brock Lesnar: not a fan of the gizz pizz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The jizz biz

• Locked thread