Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Wait, I knew about the timeline thing but I don't remember the nicknames thing being related. Are you saying that there was some scene that implied Cisco was actually remembering these villains' names from being connected to the DC print universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Argue posted:

Wait, I knew about the timeline thing but I don't remember the nicknames thing being related. Are you saying that there was some scene that implied Cisco was actually remembering these villains' names from being connected to the DC print universe?

No, he remembers Flash's villains from the original timeline before Eobard sped everything up.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
But then how did those villains originally get their names, in the original timeline? :tinfoil:

It's a cool theory, but I don't think the show has actually suggested this. Cisco doesn't even come up with all the nicknames; folks like Pied Piper, Grodd, and Firestorm came with names ahead of time, and Caitlin was the one who named Peekaboo.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cisco getting villain names from memories of alternate realities is one of the dumber theories I've heard when it comes to these shows. That would be needlessly stupid. It reeks of the worst kind of reaching fan theories. I realize the writers on these shows aren't really above something dumb like that because we've all seen some of the other stuff they've done already, but I'd like to have hope that they were.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Yeah, I've gotta say that the only thing I remember them saying is that he can see other timelines, and have only shown so far his recollection of the day he was killed. Maybe that'll change this season, but I doubt it'll be something that shows him pulling names from another universe.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cisco finds the nicknames he comes up with so awesome he transmitted them across the multiverse into all the minds of every Cisco. One day, there will be a Interdimensional Council of Ricks Ciscos who will convene to agree, yes this is all really awesome :haw:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cisco only remembers the timeline he died in so far. We don't even know if he knew Barry in the first timeline.

Shut up nerds.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmaoooo i thought it was fake but its on the front page of comicbook.com

black off-center magneto mask oh dear

hoooooooly crap that should NOT have been photoshopped on

EDIT: I wasnt the only person who saw it:

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 3, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Hahaha. Oh man.

I know the Magneto joke which can be made here, but I'll leave it up to someone else to take the fall for it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That is literally the helmet from the recent Magneto solo book.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Be fair, he looks surprised and embarrassed.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao I like io9's reaction even more than the comicbook.com comments

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Maybe it will be like the first look at the atom suit which was originally ripped off from fallout, and ended up entirely different.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are clearly trolling the fanbase.

I mean, how's he supposed to drive in that

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Rhyno posted:

Cisco only remembers the timeline he died in so far. We don't even know if he knew Barry in the first timeline.

Shut up nerds.

I don't believe the nickname theory by any means, but Wells says something when he realizes that Cisco remembers being murdered that implies Cisco has powers in the original pre-Wells universe, too. So he probably knew Barry since that's how superheros roll.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 4, 2015

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004
I'm really hoping they rushed releasing this to preempt some on set shots of Diggle in his new gear and it will look much better in motion and with less photoshop.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

nooo Digneto whyyy

EDIT: My phone autocorrected that to Dignity which is sad because the show has none.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

What the fuckkkkkkkkk

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 4, 2015

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hey look it's Captain Lance, Green Arrow, and Lady Cop

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I mean if they literally make Diggle Magneto I am okay with that but I don't think Marvel or Fox will be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, is he Racer X?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
That helmet hole is pretty T shaped, maybe he's some kind of reverse Mr. Terrific.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whizbang posted:

That helmet hole is pretty T shaped, maybe he's some kind of reverse Mr. Terrific.

Mr. Traffic?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mr. Terrible

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Seriously what is with DC's hard-on for embargoes. No embargo means we COULD HAVE HAD GUARDIAN ON LIVE TV IN TYOOL 2015. Someone photoshop a Guardian helmet onto Diggle.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Babe Magnet posted:

Mr. Terrible

Is he the one that keeps moving Mr Horrible's chair?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Comic book characters should be put in comic book worlds like the Watchmen movie did. I can watch that movie and not feel like the costumed heroes are jarringly out of place or that the people in that world view costumed heroes as laughably stupid. Guardian's costume would actually be one of the easier ones to translate to Arrow's grimdark world, though

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Seriously what is with DC's hard-on for embargoes. No embargo means we COULD HAVE HAD GUARDIAN ON LIVE TV IN TYOOL 2015. Someone photoshop a Guardian helmet onto Diggle.

Nobody has said an embargo is the reason he's not Guardian.

He's not Guardian because he's not Guardian.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
I still really think it's too T shaped. What if the back of the helmet says Fair Play?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
New trailer posted on Amell's facebook.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

I didn't think S3 was that bad, but I am definitely on board for S4. That helmet is still dumb. I hope they replace it now that they know it's dumb - S4E5 Diggle - "How come none of you guys told me my helmet was dumb, I worked on it for like 3 hours" Everyone else....silence

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
That trailer definitely seems like a response to people wishing S3 was less drama/sad Arrow and more action, and I'm ok with that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh poo poo. Neal McDonough is in Arrow now? Now I'm hyped!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should have made it that he returns because he can't stand the civilian life with Felicity.

Throw that whole thing under the bus forever.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

mcswizzle posted:

I didn't think S3 was that bad, but I am definitely on board for S4. That helmet is still dumb. I hope they replace it now that they know it's dumb - S4E5 Diggle - "How come none of you guys told me my helmet was dumb, I worked on it for like 3 hours" Everyone else....silence

I'm glad it looks like all of Ollie's dumb decisions from S3 didn't get magically swept under the rug and there's serious trust issues

Also Thea in the Red Arrow outfit is hotter than I thought it'd be

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 4, 2015

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Some of that looked kinda dumb, most of it looked hella cool.

You can see most effects shots aren't finished though. Gunfire being the most obvious thing.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

Constantine spotted at 43 seconds :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Aphrodite posted:

They should have made it that he returns because he can't stand the civilian life with Felicity.

Throw that whole thing under the bus forever.

A big part of their fan bases loves Oliver and Felicity together. They would never do it, even if it would be hilarious.

• Locked thread