Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Goetta posted:

They sort of have to get Ferrari engines don't they? Although I hear Honda will be the best engine Any Day Now.

Ferrari will be in a similar position as to Merc, so they will be unlikely to provide engines to Redbulls main team. There only realistic option is Honda - its going to be a fun fight at the back of the grid next year.

I can see Redbull selling the teams after this, question is who buys them. Ferrari for Toro Rosso would be an obvious one, but Redbull really is an odd one, given the teams size etc they have massive overheads.

ukle fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

tupacalypse posted:

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/121191-mercedes-rejects-red-bull-engine-deal

Interesting. Any thoughts on what the fizzy drink team will do?

Crawl and beg Ferrari or Honda for scraps, or quit the sport in a huff. Comedy: pay Cosworth or someone else to make engines for them

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Get Volkswagen in so that there's an engine even shittier than Honda.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Or Toyota or BMW

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad that Red Bull are getting hosed over.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
They can't get VW, BMW etc in for next year - they can't build a new engine in 6 months.

There only options are Ferrari or Honda and only 1 of them would consider offering them engines to the main team, so its either Honda or they sorry to Renault.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
They can rebadge that PURE engine that was being developed, I'm sure that would end very well.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
How many times has someone at Red Bull threatened to quit everything because forcing them into Hondas should surely do the trick

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
I'm sure Mercedes have made this decision on a completely business-based set of factors, but......I wonder if just a little bit of the decision was down to the fact that Red Bull have acted like petulant poo-babies towards teams like Mercedes?

willcrouch
Jul 2, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

I'm sure Mercedes have made this decision on a completely business-based set of factors, but......I wonder if just a little bit of the decision was down to the fact that Red Bull have acted like petulant poo-babies towards teams like Mercedes?

The Autosport article said part of it was that they never wanted to bitched at like they are bitching at Renault. And I know Toto et al probably just hate them for being bitches every step of the way.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Alain Post posted:

I'm glad that Red Bull are getting hosed over.

I agree with our resident 4-time WDC

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Arrivabene has said they'd be happy to provide engines, so what's the problem?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There is no problem. Ferrari's provided them with engines in the past.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Are Toro Rosso keeping Renault engines though?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
No.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Looking up which teams had engine contracts for next season I was reminded that Baku has a GP next year and the track looks like this

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why are you posting poo poo Formula E circuits in the F1 thread?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Why are you posting poo poo Formula E circuits in the F1 thread?

Honestly I thought Formula E has raced there, and had to check. Instead it was just flashbacks to the nightmare when this was brought up a year ago.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The 2016 "Formula 1" "European" Grand Prix

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Obviously not the current topic, but I'm sure Haas can pass off Grosjean as either a wacky French Canadian or even maybe a New Orleans-ian from the French Quarter. It can be done, I'm sure.

If all else fails he can regrow his hair and they market him as Sideshow Bob

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

aequalis posted:

Obviously not the current topic, but I'm sure Haas can pass off Grosjean as either a wacky French Canadian or even maybe a New Orleans-ian from the French Quarter. It can be done, I'm sure.
Combine both into one promo pic of him eating jambalaya with a side of poutine and they're golden.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

tupacalypse posted:

There's always this: http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/report-cosworth-eyeing-return-to-f1-with-affordable-v6-engine-092714

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Mclaren should buy red bull, gut it, return newey to his proper home, and make it a B team for Vandourne and Button.

KMag makes a triumphant return alongside Alonso at the A-squad. Paint the car orange and white. Job done

edit: Or buy force india and rename it "Jordan-Honda"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I hope every team apart from Scuderia Ferrari goes bust and we can have a 24 car grid of Scuderia Ferrari F1 cars.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Literally every season this props up.... and no team actually wants to buy their product.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

track day bro! posted:

I hope every team apart from Scuderia Ferrari goes bust and we can have a 24 car grid of Scuderia Ferrari F1 cars.

Massively agreed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It was called A1GP. It didn't last.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

MattD1zzl3 posted:

edit: Or buy force india and rename it "Jordan-Mugen Honda"

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

tupacalypse posted:

Attempt to introduce an American manufacturer....... :lol:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Kimi will still be poo poo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

:jerry:

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Hope in one hand and poo poo in the other, dumbfucks. Grosjean will still come good, for real.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Think there will be some serious pressure from Bernie on Ferrari or Mercedes to give RB engines. I know ya'll hate them but Redbull are practically propping the sport up at the moment with how much they invest in 2 teams and the junior programs.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's been two years since Red Bull won four championships in a row, and they're talking about picking up the ball and going home. gently caress them.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The plot thickens. Suck it fizzy drinks company

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120704

VvV Uhh.... sorry i guess? Im thrilled becuase i expected merc to pick them up, and they already supply a lot of the field. vVv

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Sep 8, 2015

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Man, you really do suck.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

MattD1zzl3 posted:

VvV Uhh.... sorry i guess? Im thrilled becuase i expected merc to pick them up, and they already supply a lot of the field. vVv

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Nice Post!!!!!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

geeves posted:

Attempt to introduce an American manufacturer....... :lol:
Imagine a Chrysler F1 engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Didn't Chrysler own Lambo at least part of the time they had their F1 engine?

• Locked thread