Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Tezzor posted:

today in classic internet argument styles: "lol if you think (true statement)"

One day I will live up to your standards of shitposting.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

crabcakes66 posted:

One day I will live up to your standards of shitposting.

Lol if you think fire hot

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Dapper Dan posted:

nah, i am just talking about people who are ambivalent and will happily ignore everything until poo poo breaks. you know, donald trump voters.

people who rah rah rah for bernie sanders are equally guilty of not giving a poo poo about starving people they'll never meet, and just like donald trump voters they drink from a bottomless well of self-righteousness.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

nomadologique posted:

people who rah rah rah for bernie sanders are equally guilty of not giving a poo poo about starving people they'll never meet, and just like donald trump voters they drink from a bottomless well of self-righteousness.

uh, bernie is like explicitly about helping the lower classes and fixing wealth inequality as one of his primary goals. I dunno where people get the impression that white people claiming to think income inequality is the most important issue are all secretly mras who just want a platform to decry feminism or whatever but plenty of us are people who grew up poor enough to know that you're better off rich than poor among any race, gender, or creed and legitimately feel like modern identity politics that are almost always pushed by wealthy children of wealthy parents are a modern day wedge strategy.

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

nomadologique posted:

people who rah rah rah for bernie sanders are equally guilty of not giving a poo poo about starving people they'll never meet, and just like donald trump rubes they drink from a bottomless well of self-righteousness.

true. nobody gives a poo poo about the poor on other continents. the people whose water we poison to make our shiny new phones we replace every year.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
dual power is the only answer

you have to build the infrastructure within the society you live in

worker coops and credit unions, housing coops and land trusts and machiatto coffee shops and poo poo so you dont need a revolution

what happens instead is when the old society collapses into a depression you already have these sustainable eco systems and people will go "hmm these weird hippies arent starving have access to goods and durable commodities, money, jobs, electricity and i dont. why?'" and you go

come on in comrade, let me tell you about the International Workers of the World.

that comrade? Anarchist Spain

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Poetic Justice posted:

they are called dead end jobs for a reason.

DnD Goons: Yeah, we should pay the dude flipping my burgers the same amount as an EMT
Everyone else that has an understanding of the world and economy: :rolleyes:

someone has to do them until the robot overlords grind us down for hydrogen fuel

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

uh in a lot of workplaces it's the hardest workers that get ignored and the ones that do nothing but a bit of token work each day in between facebook sessions that get promoted

(because the useless people are sociable and work their way up the ladder while the people who are good at their job are quiet, reserved and will take whatever poo poo they get)

http://www.epi.org/publication/unde...nd-key-findings

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Why do these jobs exist if they can't pay a sufficient wage for someone to live on? if we're just subsidizing makework let's direct it to a more useful end than pumping out fast food

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

Why do these jobs exist if they can't pay a sufficient wage for someone to live on? if we're just subsidizing makework let's direct it to a more useful end than pumping out fast food

because capitalism creates lovely jobs

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

every job a service, an entire nation of tanning salons, fast-casual restaurants and uber drivers.. the dream....

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

uh, bernie is like explicitly about helping the lower classes and fixing wealth inequality as one of his primary goals. I dunno where people get the impression that white people claiming to think income inequality is the most important issue are all secretly mras who just want a platform to decry feminism or whatever but plenty of us are people who grew up poor enough to know that you're better off rich than poor among any race, gender, or creed and legitimately feel like modern identity politics that are almost always pushed by wealthy children of wealthy parents are a modern day wedge strategy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do5zrdTb-yI

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

The Whole Internet posted:

because capitalism civilization creates lovely jobs

fixed because lol if you think Porta-Potty Scrubber and Assembly Line Drone suddenly become food for the soul in a communist utopia

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
They could be made to be, you know, less awful.

momerath
Nov 15, 2014

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
lol if you think goons shitpost

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

just lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

hey guys wanna hear a joke? turns out college educations, on aggregate, actually dont help you much at all

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2015/9/the-education-myth.html

lmao i cant wait for our horrifying dystopian future

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

what's that word in the url that starts with an "o"?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

seems like a pretty empirical opinion to me

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Ronwayne posted:

But, but, self sustaining, self constructing, entropy immune robot army.

"robot army" sounds dumb but that's where we're going -- and it will be used to stomp organics who are pissed about losing their jobs to the robot workforce

our future is just like the Terminator franchise but replace Skynet with old white billionaires

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

people in my industry (media) think they're safe because they have creative jobs that are hard to automate with an algorithim -- but Google already has programs that can put together basic news articles.

i am hosed. we are all hosed.

*gif of a robot foot crushing a human skull in a field of bones

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Lol just lol if you actually think theres going to be a revolution or violence or that the "injustices" in this country are going to have serious consequences any time soon. If they were you wouldn't be posting here about it.

We have inconvenience in this country, not injustice. The worst unfairnesses we have are trivial compared to what the vast majority of the world puts up with not to mention whats happened historically. Social justice is an internet hobby for people that want to "care" without effort and use terms like racist or misogynist or income unequality to fill in for the reasoning they dont know how to engage in. Either that or for ignoramuses with masters degrees in fake subjects to pretend YouTube is legitimate academic publishing because they are too dumb to major in something useful

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kiryen posted:

Lol just lol if you actually think theres going to be a revolution or violence or that the "injustices" in this country are going to have serious consequences any time soon. If they were you wouldn't be posting here about it.

We have inconvenience in this country, not injustice. The worst unfairnesses we have are trivial compared to what the vast majority of the world puts up with not to mention whats happened historically. Social justice is an internet hobby for people that want to "care" without effort and use terms like racist or misogynist or income unequality to fill in for the reasoning they dont know how to engage in. Either that or for ignoramuses with masters degrees in fake subjects to pretend YouTube is legitimate academic publishing because they are too dumb to major in something useful

you are a retard and i hope you die

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Kiryen posted:

That's what we're talking about itt -- when the "inconvenience" as you call it of a huge loving wealth gap will start being seen as actual injustice, causing people to riot

i have no idea what you're going on about with your rant against SJWs or whatever. i just know your fedora must be luxurious.

in other words:

Frog Act posted:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Just because there's more starving children in Africa doesn't mean that you shouldn't kill, dismember and eat the rich.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

The bell curve strikes again

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

InterFaced posted:

Just because there's more starving children in Africa doesn't mean that you shouldn't kill, dismember and eat the rich.

i feel like i empty quote everything interfaced says

that's because interface is a goddamn genius and you goon fucks should listen to him

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I love you too misanthrope and I love your gifs.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

InterFaced posted:

I love you too misanthrope and I love your gifs.

:hfive:

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

A misanthrope posted:

That's what we're talking about itt -- when the "inconvenience" as you call it of a huge loving wealth gap will start being seen as actual injustice, causing people to riot

i have no idea what you're going on about with your rant against SJWs or whatever. i just know your fedora must be luxurious.

in other words:
It's not going to happen in your lifetime.

Which is why you're on the internet making comments about fedoras. If it were really likely you'd have more important problems.

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Frog Act posted:

Wait long enough and fulfillment of your wish is inevitable.

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
Which wealthy people would make the world a better place if they were gone? Post your fav 🎯

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Kiryen posted:

Which is why you're on the internet making comments about fedoras. If it were really likely you'd have more important problems.

lmao making predictions at whats going to happen in the next half century and accusing others of being unable to engage in reason

just lmao maybe pick up a history book, loving Idiot

geez louise

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The answer to the title is never, but it will make a bunch of idiots get themselves killed by the police which is funny

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Court is immaculate

But the fields are full of weeds.

The barns are empty

But the rulers are finely dressed,

Swords by their sides,

Gorged with food and drink,

Owning too much wealth.

This is called glorious theft.

This is far away from the Way.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Kiryen posted:

your gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Booblord Zagats posted:

The answer to the title is never, but it will make a bunch of idiots get themselves killed by the police which is funny

The answer is never, but only because people think they are "doing something" and "making change" if they stand out in a street with a sign until their nuts freeze while rich people laugh at them. They also think if they chant stuff marching down the street it'll change the world, haha. It worked once in the 60s and people have been trying ever since.

Countries that deny the right to protest haven't figured out the "allow it and ignore it" approach blows off all the steam for absolutely no result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exnaY0l4XsM&spfreload=10

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 9, 2015

• Locked thread