Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Ralith posted:

Arrange the memories to trickle back in in a slow, controlled manner

This should make it possible for us to deal with them safely, and give Lowell lots of opportunities for fun little shorts!

This is clearly the best option. I like the storytelling possibilities, and the rest of you should too!

Remember, deleting memories means we forget details. How the battle was going, fabiyan's sacrifice.

Can you really abandon Fabiyan like that? Would ohone?

Nope. Knowledge is a burden. Grappling with it, well, my opinion on reducing insanity has been very changed recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

poor life choice posted:

Tzeentch pulls his mask off, revealing Bill Belichick.
Bill Belichick pulls his mask of, revealing Limosa.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Not that kinda football, bud :colbert:

Oh, you mean one of those curious colonial adaptations of rugby? How quaint.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Not that kinda football, bud :colbert:
So, what, like piles of Dregs getting drunk and smahing up the place?

No, wait, I know what LowellDND should do to represent the treatment;
Get drunk and play Blood Bowl.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Ralith posted:

Arrange the memories to trickle back in in a slow, controlled manner

This should make it possible for us to deal with them safely, and give Lowell lots of opportunities for fun little shorts!
This seems like a good idea to me.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Volmarias posted:

Our memory is an endless loop of touchbacks, slowly raising our insanity with each tackle.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1733 Enjoy <3

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Ghostwoods posted:

Oh, you mean one of those curious colonial adaptations of rugby? How quaint.

:britain:

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
We should have kept our insanity and projected it into some insane affection like a British Dandy or Ohone Irwin-Deamon Hunter.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Discussion from chat:

I'm not saying we're Phyrexia, but we're literally Phyrexia.

http://archive.wizards.com/Magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/stf/137
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Elesh_Norn
http://www.phyrexia.com/continuity/Yawgmoth.shtml

Also, Church of the Broken God:

http://www.scp-wiki.net/church-of-the-broken-god-hub

Loel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 9, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Bonemonkey has started reading our thread! And out of the kindness of his heart, he has made sketches of the Beast.

So, thoughts, impressions?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
2! Asymetrical axe blade!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

dog kisser posted:

2! Asymetrical axe blade!

And Bonemonkey also said we are free to mix and match :D So feel free to play legos.

Current post vote

remember it all
nyaa
tran
paragon

remember, but filtered somehow
jt jag
randompaul
grognan
ark
ralith
outrail
paradigm
sheep-dodger

forget
rockopolis
van sandman
poor life choice

no surgery
lord cyra

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Combine lego kits, attach all together.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

For some reason I always imagined the beast to be asteroid shaped :v:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Xun posted:

For some reason I always imagined the beast to be asteroid shaped :v:

It contains a few, sure :v:

Now Im kind of picturing it as a comet, leaving a trail of debris wherever it goes >_>

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Mines, Lowell, not debris.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Ah, yes. The protagonists. :pwn:

LowellDND posted:

Bonemonkey has started reading our thread! And out of the kindness of his heart, he has made sketches of the Beast.

3 is closest to how I envisioned it initially, 6 is more like how I thought it would look after we trimmed some of the unnecessary fat. Let's keep cutting. :getin:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Waci posted:

Combine lego kits, attach all together.

This. A Space Hulk is literally many ships smashed and fused together. We could even appear to be going backwards because our engines might be on one side, but the 'prow' might be the rear end-end of another ship.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

This. A Space Hulk is literally many ships smashed and fused together. We could even appear to be going backwards because our engines might be on one side, but the 'prow' might be the rear end-end of another ship.

Established canon is 'vaguely hammerhead shaped', but we can do anything within those constraints (and that bone monkey wants to draw) :D

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

LowellDND posted:

Established canon is 'vaguely hammerhead shaped', but we can do anything within those constraints (and that bone monkey wants to draw) :D

Ah yes, that was from too long ago. Then I'd go with #6 because it has a sick spike on it that we could use to ram suckas. :black101:

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

feel free to play with them in paint or something if you guys wanna.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
are we talking old Beast or new Beast? I thought we rebuild and remodeled the whole thing?

Also 6 looks wicked.

Originally I pictured the Beast as a great lumpy potato with engines sticking out of one end.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

The interior has been completely rearranged due to the Magos war, but the exterior is still roughly hammerhead shaped. We may retrofit the exterior on Mars.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Those are some lovely sketches. They're all delicious. In my mind, the Beast looks a bit like Gormenghast castle.

I think filtered memory is probably a decent idea, so long as Limosa can pull it off.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Arkanomen posted:

are we talking old Beast or new Beast? I thought we rebuild and remodeled the whole thing?

Also 6 looks wicked.

Originally I pictured the Beast as a great lumpy potato with engines sticking out of one end.

This is old beast.

Ghostwoods posted:

Those are some lovely sketches. They're all delicious. In my mind, the Beast looks a bit like Gormenghast castle.

I think filtered memory is probably a decent idea, so long as Limosa can pull it off.

the detail stage will add a lot of gormenghast stuff. This is just the shape stage.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Looking at pics of Gormenghast, it reminds me of WFRPG 1st edition:

There is some small Asian influence (Ching Shih etc), but I dunno how much it would influence architecture.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
So we're going with a curved, Bird-of-Prey look. I'm sure it wasn't Planned like that.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I magine the beast look like a garage dump of gabage bags stacking on each other.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I'd like to change my vote to remember, but filtered. Let's remove all emotional signifiers from our memories, but keep the overall record intact.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Waci posted:

Mines, Lowell, not debris.
If the enemy goes at high enough speeds those two are basically the same :v:

Re: the beast, I like the cathedrals on 4 but the overall design and spikiness of 6, so a combination of those?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

sheep-dodger posted:

If the enemy goes at high enough speeds those two are basically the same :v:

Re: the beast, I like the cathedrals on 4 but the overall design and spikiness of 6, so a combination of those?

It's a spacehulk, we could just literally mash them together!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

poor life choice posted:

Ah, yes. The protagonists. :pwn:

3 is closest to how I envisioned it initially, 6 is more like how I thought it would look after we trimmed some of the unnecessary fat. Let's keep cutting. :getin:
Same.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

LowellDND posted:

I like the general shape of two and the obviously bolted on gaudy mega-structures of 4.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 9, 2015

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
I like 3 and 6.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Now that I can view the pic on a monitor, I would say 5 fit well with my mental image.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Per the suggestion I tried to smush them all together. I got something that was generally recognizable as a ship but the pieces didn't quite fit together all that well. Can someone else give combining the ships a go?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

3 is what I thought of.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
5 is the closest to my image as well, just because it's the most bulky and haphazard, though I think its engines are more spread out than the canonical ones are meant to be, considering they're a discrete part of the ship that can be isolated? I feel like the scale's way off on some of the others; a ship with multiple cubic-kilometer cargo bays shouldn't have a single cathedral hall appear so relatively large on them.

Ralith fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 9, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mine combined 3 and 6, lots of small buildings and weird spikes. Although the off center head of 2 appeals to me.

(Death of the author I don't want to be final say on the art)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I like the look of 2- although I always imagined the 'hammerhead' part of the ship to be a literal ship of its own- as if two battleships had T-boned each other, causing an ensuing pileup of starships behind it