Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
What the hell is the deal with this movie? Is it one of those movies like Eraserhead that everybody says is good as a prank?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
gently caress you to death in the neck.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i loved it when i was 14 and havent seen it since

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
the album owns and the movie is okay but it was better when I was a kid because there are tits

seeing roger waters do the wall live owned and also there were tits in hd and then my wife's tits irl when we got home

the wall owns

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

jackyl posted:

the album owns and the movie is okay but it was better when I was a kid because there are tits

seeing roger waters do the wall live owned and also there were tits in hd and then my wife's tits irl when we got home

the wall owns

I dont think its fair to give Pink Floyd credit for your wifes tits

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

a bay posted:

I dont think its fair to give Pink Floyd credit for your wifes tits

the point was hd tits courtesy of roger waters and then my wife's tits, so i got double tits

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Saw a 9 hour long concert with Rodger Waters. Played The Wall, Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and Piper At The Gates of Dawn. All in full, front to back. Had a whole orchestra with him too.

It was good

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Windows 98 posted:

Saw a 9 hour long concert with Rodger Waters. Played The Wall, Animals, Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, and Piper At The Gates of Dawn. All in full, front to back. Had a whole orchestra with him too.

It was good

no loving way that happened please post a link to the video because if it really did happen holy poo poo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
its a loving rock opera adapted into a feature movie presentation, it is what it is, man

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
the wall is alright but this is the best floyd song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhNCTH8pDs

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i dunno but apparently whenever my stoner friends watch it while tripping balls they have a good time

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
"All in all, you're just another prick in the hole."
I get it Rog.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

a bay posted:

What the hell is the deal with this movie? Is it one of those movies like Eraserhead that everybody says is good as a prank?

That one looks jewish

TEAYCHES posted:

i loved it when i was 14 and havent seen it since

And that ones a coon, who let all this riff-raff in to the room?

KennyLoggins posted:

there's one smoking a joint!

Champenema posted:

"All in all, you're just another prick in the hole."
I get it Rog.

and another with spots!

if I had my way, I'd have all of you shot

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Vin BioEthanol posted:

That one looks jewish

And that ones a coon, who let all this riff-raff in to the room?

there's one smoking a joint!

and another with spots!

if I had my way, I'd have all of you shot

are there any paranoids in the forums tonight? is there anybody here who worries about things? pathetic

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8kW0dFfVgU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

roger waters > everyone else in pink floyd

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

jackyl posted:

no loving way that happened please post a link to the video because if it really did happen holy poo poo

This is my concert shirt. And yes it was a real concert.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py3IIxSSy7g

They also released a giant inflatable pig like on the cover of Animals over the crowd. There it is on video.

Windows 98 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Sep 10, 2015

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

symbolic posted:

i dunno but apparently whenever my stoner friends watch it while tripping balls they have a good time

when me and my friends were in high school we went to Video Library and rented The Wall. Then we got really high so we could watch the wall :airquote: properly :airquote:

Turns out I rented a documentary about the vietnam war memorial and not the pink floyd movie. but since none of us had seen the pink floyd movie before, we didn't figure it out for like 45 minutes

Well that's my "The Wall" story, thanks for reading.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
man i listened to the wall so much when i was a teenager, and watched the movie a lot of times, the movie is in the long run a lot better than the album, it's got the tigers song and all the visual stuff that keeps the album from being boring loving progrock

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
If I dont smoke weed will I enjoy this movie

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

probably, but i would suggest drinking an entire bottle of cold war cough syrup

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Culturally it was made at a time when the racist Nation Front skinheads were all fashionable and far right movements were a real worry.

quote:

This town, is coming like a ghost town
All the clubs have been closed down
This place, is coming like a ghost town
Bands won't play no more
too much fighting on the dance floor

Do you remember the good old days
Before the ghost town?
We danced and sang,
And the music played inna de boomtown

Why must the youth fight against themselves?
Government leaving the youth on the shelf
This place, is coming like a ghost town
No job to be found in this country
Can't go on no more
The people getting angry

This is why the neo-nazi hammer fandom theme in The Wall.

It was directed by Alan Parker of The Commitments and Angel Heart fame.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

burnt this as 1st track on cdrs followed by rest of studio (not movie tracks) and named it track 00 for mp3 players when they came about

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 10, 2015

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Balls judge best judge

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
welcome my son

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I'm the little kid at the end sniffing the molotov cocktail and making an oozy face

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

KennyLoggins posted:

uhhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvChSZBKb6A

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

its better than watching milkdrop for 3 hours if you're taking acid alone in your bedroom

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
you could try and absorb a political statement on how hosed up war makes the world and personal relationships get screwed over and art is seen as dangerous to the point of introverts melting down in the face of straight edge society instead of htc but whatever

i, too, was all about the trippy visuals... when i saw it the first time as an 8 year old :smuggo:

edit: ^^^a pretentious highschooler me^^^

Dr. Dogballs Jr. fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 10, 2015

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shine on you crazy diamond is great for smoking weed

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Nick Mason knows how to tickle a taint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypp0iso_0rM

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
I posted this in the last thread about the wall but Tommy told the same story a decade earlier and got made into a film ten times better than the wall by a director with some actual imagination and for half the budget despite having a fuckton of rock stars and movie stars in it

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Comfortably Numb is such a great song that you can't say it's great song because everyone knows it but if too many people think about it at once great big cracks form in an African country and little milk colored demons start clambering out of them.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
OP is a worm.

mehmedbasic
Jul 6, 2015
At a philosophy class I took, the teacher actually brought in a case of wine and a TV set so we could see. Wine definitely improves the experience.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
at least once while you're in college you need to take a fat bong rip and kick back in front of a killer stereo and blast this at very high volume

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZKxnp75fFE

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

KennyLoggins posted:

this is fake because pink floyd broke up after The Final Cut

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
The wall is good but only with commentary on because they get high and say funny things about Irish bomb squads. Also Bob Geldof starring in the movie even though he hates pink floyd also makes it fun to watch

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

vera lynn is still the best song by about a million miles, but tigers is second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I thought The Wall was great when I was a teenager and I never listened to Animals but I picked that up recently and now I think Animals is great.

• Locked thread