Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
This story wasn't sad at all. It ended up very :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm gonna express an opinion here that I don't think I've seen yet in this thread, so it might be kinda unorthodox, so bare with me: Jensen is great.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think my favourite line from Jensen was while leaving Uhra for the first time:

quote:

I need to say goodbye. Just give me 15 minutes with the girls... 15 for her, 15 for her, 15 for her... just 45 minutes with the girls!
That's loving great.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
One minor thing you could do is to show off what happens if you gently caress up the second part of the bossfight and end off killing off Mack by accident.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Just a heads up, I fixed the Cut Commentary, so that video should be working now. Thanks for your patience!

AnotherGamer posted:

One minor thing you could do is to show off what happens if you gently caress up the second part of the bossfight and end off killing off Mack by accident.

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure he just flops over in his usual KO animation and you get a Game Over like normal. I can't say I've ever done it though, so I'll double check and see.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV: The curve is odd in that the early bosses are bastards and the enemies are jokes, then the enemies start to be a bigger threat and the bosses get a bit easier, then by endgame everything is kind of an rear end in a top hat with a few cases of weak bosses or weak enemies. In general though, this game does a very good job of no boss feeling too much like any other. Each one, easy or hard, has a gimmick to it that helps it stand out. Random encounters also start including near mini-boss level enemies at times, to keep you on your toes. You cannot just blow through this game by mashing basic attacks and your biggest spells every fight.

That said, if you properly use all your skills and abilities, it will make everything relatively painless.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Sep 11, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Still looking like an interesting game that I would have enjoyed playing back when I had time for long RPGs.

Let me ask, you mentioned the difficulty curve where bosses get easier and random encounters get harder, but does the game stay interesting with that setup?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Sgt Thud posted:

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure he just flops over in his usual KO animation and you get a Game Over like normal. I can't say I've ever done it though, so I'll double check and see.

That's basically it but the party members also comment on it: normally it wouldn't be a big deal but this is LO and we have a minimum sadness quota to fulfill.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

I must say I rushed through this game and neglected to get a lot of the skills/equipment throughout and I think it really stops holding your hand completely in the middle of the 3rd disk onwards, where it just gives you a huge middle finger if you weren't used to proper tactics for every random encounter you come across, which felt really annoying and made it a slog. Never got to finish the game because of that, so I really do hope you finish it so I can vicariously experience the game again all the way through - and actually finish it this time. :negative:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
On the other hand this was one of the only non-lego games I got 1000/1000 on :P

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Could they do a LEGO Lost Odyssey? For added challenge do a non-VA'd LEGO game.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Ok so I have 3 more episodes recorded, but one of my commentators computers completely kicked the bucket. In the interest of not running out of backlog completely, I'm going to delay the next few updates slightly to try and buy time for him to fix his situation. Also I've added the failure scenes for the Obsidian Miasma fight to the beginning of the next video, I'd forgotten entirely that they programmed unique dialogue for those. Thanks for your patience guys, I'll see about throwing some extra Dreams in just to help bridge the gaps.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Guess I'm bumping this thread to ask if the LP curse has claimed it? Hope not, I was enjoying it so far.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Nope, got things worked out, I'll get updates running again soon! The curse has made it's best efforts though!

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
HAHA, I LIVE! I've fixed most of the issues that caused all the delays, but then my dreams recording got lost somehow, so I need to redo that. I'll double up on dream posts or something to catch us back up to schedule there.

In the mean time, a long video for today's update! There's a nice sword! Underwear! Tanks!!!

Episode 11: Super Mega Death Switzerland - Youtube(Uncut) | ]Polsy(Uncut)

Musical Selections
March of War
Crisis and Warning

vvvv: Thanks, must have copied the wrong link there. Fixed now.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 1, 2015

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Your uncut Youtube link leads to the 10th episode.

Also, welcome back.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Of all the ways that conflict could have ended, that scene was not one I expected.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
They went to all that trouble to upgrade and clone Shieldfried, but then uh.. That happened.

Do the Shieldfried Corps reappear?

e: these characters are still super cool and it's a sin this game didn't get more recognition

also the tank's Full Charge Cannon reminds me of Ring of Red.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Oct 1, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Glad to have this back. Jensen remains great, and Kaim has gotten much better. Great stuff all around.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 2, 2015

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I think my favourite thing about Kaim is he has an interesting growth. He starts off jaded as an immortal who has outlived his family and therefore stopped caring, then finds out "Hang on, my family is still alive and in a new generation" and spends the rest of the game with renewed vigour, mentally preparing himself and his friends (and grandkids) to kick the poo poo out of the guy who tore their family apart in the first place.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Because I'm a dumbass, I forgot to actually splice the failures for the end of disc 1 boss into the last video. So here they are as a separate video! poo poo's sad, yo.

Crimson Forest Boss Failures: Youtube | Polsy

Next normal update should be sometime around Wednesday. Thanks again for watching!

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Nthing the love for Kaim's growth as a character. I find it interesting that his newfound ability to connect is connected to his ability to remember. He wasn't there before and seem'd to just go through the steps as if lost in a cloud of fog. Now he seems to have a clarity of purpose and a sense of self. I'd compare him to a alzheimer patient but he's a bit too high-functioning to make the comparison stick. Wonder if Seth will have a similar progression in the future?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Meadowhill posted:

Nthing the love for Kaim's growth as a character. I find it interesting that his newfound ability to connect is connected to his ability to remember. He wasn't there before and seem'd to just go through the steps as if lost in a cloud of fog. Now he seems to have a clarity of purpose and a sense of self. I'd compare him to a alzheimer patient but he's a bit too high-functioning to make the comparison stick. Wonder if Seth will have a similar progression in the future?

He'd be an anti-alzheimer patient, because people don't improve if they have alzheimers. It literally eats the brain.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry for the delay, got caught up in commission work, and paid work takes priority. But anyway, update time! We're gonna get some transportation! There's goblins! Sidequests! Non-Canon Loan Shark Characterization!

Episode 12: Praise be to Kelolon - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

I haven't had time to go back and re-record all the dreams yet, so I'll just be putting the transcripts up for now. I'll get videos up for the all 2 of you who watched them later.

The Upstreamers: Transcript
and while it's not the next in order, it's more plot relevant than other dreams so
Seth's Dream Part 1: Transcript

vvvvvvv: I don't know how I keep doing that. Whatever, fixed.

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Oct 15, 2015

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
The Uncut youtube links ep 11. Just a heads up

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

...Tolty, are you voiced by Gregg Berger. Because you really, really sound like Gregg Berger.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Interesting episode. I guess Kaim just provided the basic explanation for the immortality then. The game probably will get to why they traveled to this planet, at some point. I bet it has something to do with magic energy though.

Also, I love Cooke imitating her new mentor and kicking Jensen in the butt right after seeing Seth knee him on the boat.

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

AweStriker posted:

...Tolty, are you voiced by Gregg Berger. Because you really, really sound like Gregg Berger.

I think you got it. I little poking around reveals Berger to be credited as "Barkeep" in Lost Odyssey. I'd say that's probably Tolty.

Da_Higg
Oct 15, 2012
The Kelolon Heart is even worse if you read the item description "A still beating heart of a Keleoln" :stonk:

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
New update! Time for spooky house! It's got mirrors! A 5 minute random battle! "Puzzles"!

Episode 13: Blue Skadoo - Youtube(Uncut) | Polsy(Uncut)

I still haven't had time to go back and re-record all the dreams yet, so I'll just continue putting the transcripts up for now. Sorry for the wait for those who liked the in-game footage of these.
This dream was triggered by being stuck in a cage for several minutes because of General Kakanas.

They Live in Shells: Transcript

Musical Selections
Witches Mansion
Kaette Kuru, Kitto (Vocal Version)
Space Distortion

Sgt Thud fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 25, 2015

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
WELP.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

20.7 million people can't be wrong: Puberty IS weird

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I hate that autoplay stuff. Why is that even there?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It's useful when you're watching a playlist, and even if there's not a playlist it's usually smart enough to figure out the next video in a series.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kaim and Sarah and the kids get a happy family reunion

:unsmith:

quote:

:laffo:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The family that slays together, stays together. :unsmith:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I forgot to comment on the episode after watching it. It was very heartfelt.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I hate how much this game makes me cry so much! It's like stupidly well written and UGH. I'm such a cry baby.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Sgt Thud posted:

This dream was triggered by being stuck in a cage for several minutes because of General Kakanas.

They Live in Shells: Transcript

This is Drakengard weapon-story level of brutal, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012
Sorry about the continued delays, I'll have an update ready to go in the next few days. This one gave me a bear of a time getting the audio edited for several reasons. Also I work a lovely retail job and it's getting to be the holiday hell.

• Locked thread