Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cakefool posted:

Ah that reminds me, the totem of hatred and anguish multipla is misbehaving, occasionally hard to get into first and second, other times it's fine, third and higher is always okay. Oil was changed recently, clutch engages 1/2 - 2/3 down and doesn't slip, what is that likely to be and how do I fix it? My wife loves this car.

First thing i'd check would be slift linkages/cables and more specifically the ends. Either bushes or little baby ball joints, you may find they're worn and are failing to align the mech properly to engage the gears. If all that checks out, probably something on the internal selector mech inside the gearbox. Synchros is possible, but unlikely if it's only occasional.

My gearbox is loving awful and i paid £1,400 to have it overhauled. It had dropped 5th, but other than that it's now worse than it was before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The owner of the company I am interviewing with in 20 minutes wanted to meet at a place in between us since it's Friday and I had a 3hr drive home from work today. I show up and there is some event going on with limos and dudes in monkey suits everywhere. Meanwhile my grungy rear end is in a safety green t-shirt and work boots. I feel so out of place.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

I can't believe you guys let yourself get trolled by a couple of English soccer fans again...the literal lowest form of humanity on Earth.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

I buy my tyres from Oponeo or somewhere, and get my local National Tyres to fit them.

I've previously bought tyres online a few times and fitted them myself (I used to work as a tyre fitter) or had friends fit them.

For the little i've saved, it's not worth the extra hassle. There's a place near me that for the tyres on my car they were £8 cheaper each online delivered. By the time you buy them, take them somewhere and pay £5+ (if needed) to have them fitted and balanced it's easier to just drive straight somewhere and get them to do it.

ATS is easy because it's in the area i usually work in. If i have a chance i'll go to my preferred place in Wembley.

Contis on the back have done 45k and still have 3mm left. I'll give them another month or so and change them. Michelins on the front cost me £260 all-in fitted at ATS.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

MrChips posted:

I can't believe you guys let yourself get trolled by a couple of English soccer fans again...the literal lowest form of humanity on Earth.

We don't have "soccer" in England. You meant to say "Football Hooligans".

If you would like to learn more, watch Rise Of The Footsoldier. It's very good.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

MrChips posted:

I think you're giving TSA agents a whole lot of undue credit here.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Mooseykins posted:

We don't have "soccer" in England. You meant to say "Football Hooligans".

If you would like to learn more, watch Rise Of The Footsoldier. It's very good.

No, I distinctly said soccer fans...as in, people who enjoy watching soccer. And I use the term people loosely in this case.

kastein posted:

I think you're giving TSA agents a whole lot of undue credit here.

Soccer fans, especially English ones, are way dumber (and far more inbred) than any TSA agent I've ever encountered.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Mooseykins posted:

I've previously bought tyres online a few times and fitted them myself (I used to work as a tyre fitter) or had friends fit them.

For the little i've saved, it's not worth the extra hassle. There's a place near me that for the tyres on my car they were £8 cheaper each online delivered. By the time you buy them, take them somewhere and pay £5+ (if needed) to have them fitted and balanced it's easier to just drive straight somewhere and get them to do it.

Heh, I did my high school work experience fitting tyres at ATS, I learnt most of my first swear words there.

Last set of tyres for the E46 came from black circles, delivered to a local place and fitted for about £45 total less than the same place could quote me, plus a billion club card points cheered the wife up. They treated me fine as well.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mooseykins posted:

Well, I tend to do it this way because I'm either after specific tyres they don't have, and/or it gives me the opportunity to refurb the wheels.

It's not really any less convenient for me, and if saves a tenner, well, it buys me dinner, so eh.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Cakefool posted:

Heh, I did my high school work experience fitting tyres at ATS, I learnt most of my first swear words there.

Last set of tyres for the E46 came from black circles, delivered to a local place and fitted for about £45 total less than the same place could quote me, plus a billion club card points cheered the wife up. They treated me fine as well.

The one in Harlow has a car park big enough for a fleet or artics, and has 2 fitting bays, and i think 3 lifts. But it's always a ghost town. Last time i went in they claimed they were busy. My van was the only (customer) vehicle on site.

We used to refer to it as Industrial English!

I don't think i ever used Black Circles, always found cheaper on eBay, a seller called Ears Motorsport was cheaper than anywhere else for the Contis for my old Golf, and they came out ahead with fitting. Last set i put on my car i got online as i was having the wheels refurb'd so tyre fitting was free, and it ensured my wheels wouldn't be damaged.

InitialDave posted:

Well, I tend to do it this way because I'm either after specific tyres they don't have, and/or it gives me the opportunity to refurb the wheels.

It's not really any less convenient for me, and if saves a tenner, well, it buys me dinner, so eh.

In the case where it was about £12 cheaper for convenience with work it was easier for me to just pay the extra and get it done. I could usually swing it so when a customer's car needed tyres i'd just check their wheels in the boot, take my car and get mine and theirs done together, during the work day.

With the van, it's on the road so much that i'll pay the little extra for the tyres just because i can't lose a few hours loving around with that or have a pair of tyres sat in the back until i'm free. It's so expensive to run that it's just a drop in the bucket.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 11, 2015

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

beam trolling, otter trolling, side-by-side trolling, outrigger trolling, stern trolling...

I could get behind some otter trolling :gay:

Or in front of, if need be.

I'm converting some VHS for a friend - found an episode of the Price is Right where the showcase prize was an '85 Biturbo. Of course the contestant loses, although it could be argued she won by losing.

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

Goober Peas posted:

I'm converting some VHS for a friend - found an episode of the Price is Right where the showcase prize was an '85 Biturbo. Of course the contestant loses, although it could be argued she won by losing.

I would love to see this.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

driguy posted:

I would love to see this.

I'll throw a clip on the Youtubes in a bit. I'll have to find the clip where Golden Road was played for a Ferrari 308. Contestant was painfully oblivious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD4OSrY2bIM

edit: Ferrari as promised. Note Barker didn't host the 80s Syndicated version (not that anyone cares).

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 11, 2015

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Mooseykins posted:

ATS is easy because it's in the area i usually work in. If i have a chance i'll go to my preferred place in Wembley.

Contis on the back have done 45k and still have 3mm left. I'll give them another month or so and change them. Michelins on the front cost me £260 all-in fitted at ATS.

I like blackcircles where you can order online and get them sent straight to a local fitter and book the appointment all in one go and then just rock up at the correct time./day.

They were much cheaper than the quotes i got from the 2 tyre places i used to drive past on the way to the office, and could get them in sooner, and the guy in the little tiny indie place I chose for fitting was great. I'm going there next time.

MrChips posted:

No, I distinctly said soccer fans...as in, people who enjoy watching soccer. And I use the term people loosely in this case.

Soccer fans, especially English ones, are way dumber (and far more inbred) than any TSA agent I've ever encountered.

You missed the point. We don't have 'soccer'. 'soccer' is a stupid american word that we don't use. Its 'football'.

I suspect that there are just as many dumb and inbred american football fans in the US as dumb and inbred football fans over here. Probably more since you have 4x the population!

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

Goober Peas posted:

I'll throw a clip on the Youtubes in a bit. I'll have to find the clip where Golden Road was played for a Ferrari 308. Contestant was painfully oblivious.

edit: Ferrari as promised. Note Barker didn't host the 80s Syndicated version (not that anyone cares).

I just watched that. Too loving funny.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Everyone knows that it's pronounced Ing-Urrr-Laaahnd when in reference to the whole tribal numpties kicking a pigskin silliness.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Wow, so I guess all non-union jobs pay like dog poo poo, huh? He almost had a heart attack when I told him how much money I wanted, even though it was still less than what I made as an apprentice... I'm gonna be poor forever aren't I?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Wow, so I guess all non-union jobs pay like dog poo poo, huh? He almost had a heart attack when I told him how much money I wanted, even though it was still less than what I made as an apprentice... I'm gonna be poor forever aren't I?

With an attitude like yours...

:colbert:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

Good thing he lost because he probably wouldn't have been able to afford the taxes :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Goober Peas posted:

With an attitude like yours...

:colbert:

I am just a depressed train wreck. I would go back to school but I seriously love what I do and can't imagine myself doing anything else. I honestly didn't think $24/hr with benefits is that much money considering I was making $28/hr with full benefits as an apprentice with way less responsibilities. I am just glad I am home for the weekend. I just wanna down some shots and spoon my girl forever.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
124 posts of..... WTF?

Tomarse posted:

You missed the point. We don't have 'soccer'. 'soccer' is a stupid american word that we don't use. Its 'football'.

I suspect that there are just as many dumb and inbred american football fans in the US as dumb and inbred football fans over here. Probably more since you have 4x the population!

It's soccer. Football is either Rugby League or AFL.

As for dumb soccer fans..... actually it seesm the USA's fanbase is pretty good. The Australian fanbase on the other hand..... yeah we got a few retards in there.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If anyone wants a glimpse into the world of English soccer fans just read Among The Thugs by Bill Buford.

Truly the shittiest sports fan base on the entire planet.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
this thread continues to deliver

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My roomie plays rec rugby and all his teammates are insufferable. Except the one British dude.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

leica posted:

If anyone wants a glimpse into the world of English soccer fans just read Among The Thugs by Bill Buford.

No, that's hockey.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Are you still crying about money?

Gawd.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah rear end in a top hat I took a 50% paycut what else would I be bitching about?

If STR can write 9 pages about delivering pizzas everyday and you guys can talk about smoking squirrel poo poo everyday, I can talk about whatever I want too. In this Misc. Chat Thread.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Tomarse posted:

I like blackcircles where you can order online and get them sent straight to a local fitter and book the appointment all in one go and then just rock up at the correct time./day.

They were much cheaper than the quotes i got from the 2 tyre places i used to drive past on the way to the office, and could get them in sooner, and the guy in the little tiny indie place I chose for fitting was great. I'm going there next time.

...You do realize that "soccer" is originally an "english" term for the sport, "right"?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

MustardFacial posted:

No, that's hockey.

In this neck of the woods, that'd be giants and raiders fan.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Tomarse posted:

Unlike English soccer fans, American football fans don't need to be locked up in cages in the stands like zoo animals.

corn in the fridge posted:

this thread continues to deliver

I'm sorry you don't understand what's going on here. Just a sec, lemme translate this to your native language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cD1Nd302k

MrChips fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 12, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

On the bright side I am saving $260/mo by not smoking weed.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrChips posted:

American football fans don't need to be locked up in cages in the stands like zoo animals.
No, we can put them in with the rest of the population when the revolution comes.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yeah rear end in a top hat I took a 50% paycut what else would I be bitching about?

If STR can write 9 pages about delivering pizzas everyday and you guys can talk about smoking squirrel poo poo everyday, I can talk about whatever I want too. In this Misc. Chat Thread.

You're adorable. :angel:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MrChips posted:

Unlike English soccer fans, American football fans don't need to be locked up in cages in the stands like zoo animals.

I'm sorry you don't understand what's going on here. Just a sec, lemme translate this to your native language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3cD1Nd302k

I dunno dude, Philly had jail cells in their old stadium.

Basically all sports fans suck.

As an aside, apparently this engine block has Wiseco pistons in it. That coupled with the aftermarket cams has me wondering if this head is also built. I should start a thread at some point, if I took enough drat pictures.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Well i dunno, mix it up a bit, maybe bitch about the weather once in a while. Bit of variety never hurt anyone.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I live in New England. The weather is always bullshit. In other news my grandma turns 86 tomorrow, no wonder she weighs like 75lbs.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

leica posted:

Nooope, my guess would be Indian cricket fans.

Altho the South American soccer fans are hardcore. Team lose? Shoot them.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
While you fuckers have been busy jerking each other off with trolling, this poo poo has been happening.

First, pig in the new smoker

Secondly, I have gas!

First welds with .030 solid wire and 25/75 mix.

I'm blowing holes in 22 gauge metal, I have my heat turned all the way down and running fairly low wire speed, I think I may try .023 wire and see if that fixes it. I figure I can practice on much smaller than normal. I am moving my gun pretty quick too, so it may need some more practice.

And I mowed the lawn.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BrokenKnucklez posted:

While you fuckers have been busy jerking each other off with trolling, this poo poo has been happening.

First, pig in the new smoker

That'll do, pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

I dunno dude, Philly had jail cells in their old stadium.

There's a difference between having a couple of jail cells in a stadium, and the entire seating area being effectively a giant jail cell. Or in the case of Hillsbourough, a giant barbecue pit.

• Locked thread