Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

but for how much because i'm still a poor child

edit: oh i just looked and thats wayyy beyond me haha i only have like 60 gold right now

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

but for how much because i'm still a poor child

edit: oh i just looked and thats wayyy beyond me haha i only have like 60 gold right now

You would be surprised how much certain things sell for that you will come across even at earlier levels. Always check. My highest level character is in the lower 40s and I have almost 7000 gold now which I accumulated without doing any farming.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

hmm, okay. i'm at level 33 right now and i've saved a ton of stuff. when you say sell i assume you mean the trade broker? is crafting necessary at all or should i just sell my materials if i have no interest?

Cardboard Box fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Aug 13, 2015

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

hmm, okay. i'm at level 33 right now and i've saved a ton of stuff. when you say sell i assume you mean the trade broker? is crafting necessary at all or should i just sell my materials if i have no interest?

I am the wrong person to ask about crafting's relevance since I have no characters that are level capped and I have not dabbed into it much. However, I do know that nearly all of the mats that I have acquired thus far could be reacquired rather easily if I just dedicate my time to gather them. In other words, you are likely safe selling just about anything that you have come across. Also, yes I meant the trade broker.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

wow i really wish i had used my three elite status days to teleport around to every town so i could get the faster mount :doh:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Cardboard Box posted:

wow i really wish i had used my three elite status days to teleport around to every town so i could get the faster mount :doh:

oh is that a thing..? whelp.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah i didn't know about it until after when i was reading random stuff about the game. the default mount is sooo agonizingly slow too, it feels barely faster than walking

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've decided to give this game a second chance after not playing it since launch. Is there a Goon presence on the PvE servers, or should I stop being a dumb babby and roll on Tyrannas?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i play on tempest reach because i have a few friends who are there but goon presence seems almost exclusively on tyrannas.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
i play on highwatch cuz i got tired of pvp server stuff like always having to switch channel when I just want to relax and level (which was all of the time cuz I am new to the game)

also i like watching netflix on my 2nd monitor while playing which isn't very good for a pvp environment where you gotta have your head on a swivel.

Nighteyedie
May 30, 2011
Applied to the goon guild as Xanzia

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
Is the person who accepts guild applications on vacation? Applied like a week ago and still no word.

Outback Snakehole
Nov 10, 2012

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

Is the person who accepts guild applications on vacation? Applied like a week ago and still no word.

Did you apply to NFA? Our leader is on almost every night.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Casual Annie posted:

Did you apply to NFA? Our leader is on almost every night.

It's not the Dragongod Knightkings on Mount Tyranus? Has the guild changed since the OP was written? I only started playing a week ago, read the first page and then skipped ahead.

Edit: I see it now. I'll apply to that one.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 16, 2015

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
DGKK is defunct because everyone left. Apply to NFA if you need a guild with goons.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I applied but I was not accepted is there some secret pass phrase. I told them I was dumb and I needed help and that the horses appreciated their aid

Akoogly Eyes
Apr 27, 2010

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes
I started playing this game just today and used one of the promotional codes that gave me 3 days of elite access. Aside from the lizard mount, what useful things should I pick up during these 3 days?

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Akoogly Eyes posted:

I started playing this game just today and used one of the promotional codes that gave me 3 days of elite access. Aside from the lizard mount, what useful things should I pick up during these 3 days?
Teleport everywhere and get the free mount. Use the two free elite gift packages on cooldown (24 hour), use bonus gold on cooldown (10 minutes), stacks up to 6 times. Cooldowns are per server/realm. If you are leveling, use custom save locations at quest hubs for even faster traveling.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
yeah definitely use the gold every 10 minutes, until you can't stack any more.

Also not sure if this is a recommended server thing or what, since I know I didn't get it when I tried playing on tyrannis, but when I rerolled on a new server that was recommended, at certain levels I got some free packages that had 24 hour 100% play-time boosts (so it didn't go down when you weren't online)

Perhaps some event was going on when I happened to decide to reroll on a different server, or recommended servers give you free poo poo.

floydpepper
Nov 7, 2004

"It Don't Make You A Bad Person"

Akoogly Eyes posted:

Is there a way to do this with a steam account?

E: Never mind, I think I got it.

E2: Got the free 3 days and got the mount. I'd also like to know what else I should do before the three days are up.

floydpepper fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 18, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

I applied but I was not accepted is there some secret pass phrase. I told them I was dumb and I needed help and that the horses appreciated their aid

Gee, I dunno, maybe there's something in the OP about it..?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

KaneTW posted:

Gee, I dunno, maybe there's something in the OP about it..?

As far as I can tell, all that the OP says about NFA is that a bunch of goons are in it, but it isn't actually a goon guild; Logically I would assume that there is no requirement for someone to note in their application that they are a goon, since the guild itself is not a goon guild.

So, perhaps there is actually nothing in the OP about it..?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Need to put DGKK somewhere in the application.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Leveling a priest from 60-65 is utterly painful....

What class would you recommend as a next one to kill things REALLY fast and being efficient as solo. I can do both ranged and melee.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Schrodingers cat posted:

Leveling a priest from 60-65 is utterly painful....

What class would you recommend as a next one to kill things REALLY fast and being efficient as solo. I can do both ranged and melee.

Gunner: there's absolutely nothing else that compares. There's effectively no limit to the number of non elite monsters you can solo at a time, all the way up to 65.

For melee you'd want to do slayer or zerker, but after gunner you'll be ruined for any other dps class so beware.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Blorknorg posted:

Gunner: there's absolutely nothing else that compares. There's effectively no limit to the number of non elite monsters you can solo at a time, all the way up to 65.

For melee you'd want to do slayer or zerker, but after gunner you'll be ruined for any other dps class so beware.

Gunner sounds perfect then :p I gathered a bunch of drops no one wanted for plate all the way up to 58 too so they`ll finally be useful. Thanks!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Seems they've officially announced Brawler now, though no date yet.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Anatharon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdL8YpnNTk

Neat. Seems the trailer came out two months ago, but it's new to me.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Anatharon posted:

for western countries? or just the announcement i already saw?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

They talk about it in the September developer letter http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/september-2015-producer-letter

quote:

"Next up, we will be getting a new class: the Brawler - a melee tank that uses her fists. The brawler will be a human female class that starts at level 1. Her primary weapon will be her powerfists – powered gauntlets to help her dish the damage and attract all the danger nearby. Coming along with the brawler will be a new set of top gear, which will combine PvE and PvP sets into a unified set of gear for players to use. There will be a lot more information on the Brawler in the coming months, so be on the lookout!"
So basically November at the absolute soonest, but probably later. "Coming months" and all.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Priest is finally 65. Got a brooch and I`m ready to hate myself healing BRNM for a while.

Started a lowbie gunner already and it`s ridiculous. I know it`s not fair to compare low levels and all but pulling 7+ mobs at a time without ever feeling threatened is amazing.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I'm thinking of giving this a try just to play another action MMO. Thinking of trying out the gunner or lancer. Anyone want to give me a BuddyUp code?

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003

Orabilis posted:

I'm thinking of giving this a try just to play another action MMO. Thinking of trying out the gunner or lancer. Anyone want to give me a BuddyUp code?

BuddyUp Code: Ehrlyss#0691

(if noobdy's got you already)

Edit: Also Lancer is probably a bad choice as your first character. You're better learning the game a bit before you jump into it, though sadly Gunner won't teach you the game very well as you bend it over and destroy it.

Blorknorg fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 15, 2015

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
Yeah gunner is OP. Fun though.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

Orabilis posted:

Just FYI people buddyup codes only work if you are on the same server.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Thanks TERA for breaking support for Windows XP, I hope the subsidy checks from Microsoft are big :shrug:

*uninstalls*

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

Thanks TERA for breaking support for Windows XP, I hope the subsidy checks from Microsoft are big :shrug:

*uninstalls*

It's not like it's been out of production since 2008 and out of extended support for over a year now or anything.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Nope it's not like that at all, I had software that worked and then the publisher chose to make it stop working :shrug:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
As they should, because of the reasons given above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

*uninstalls*

Why are you still using a 16 year old operating system and expecting modern software to work with it?

Maybe you'd have some better luck with OS/2 Warp.

• Locked thread