Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
That Björk robot sex video was kinda cool back in the nineties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bible
May 8, 2010

From my cold dead hands...

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Clochette posted:

They made a documentary about men who own RealDolls

They're exactly as you suspect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCkULUnVH0

so do they store uneaten pizza under their beds?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Clochette posted:

They made a documentary about men who own RealDolls

They're exactly as you suspect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCkULUnVH0

it is actually really loving depressing.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'm going to start making robot prostitutes I'm gonna be rich

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

so do they store uneaten pizza under their beds?

I feel like the hick might but that's just the impression I got from his interview

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

"Robot ethicist Kathleen Richardson"

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
so can someone tell me the gist of why a sexbot or whatever is bad because I am not going to read that doughy lady's article

Hometown Slime Queen fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 16, 2015

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

so can someone tell me the gist of why a sexbot or whatever is bad because I am not going to read that fat lady's article

something about harmful relationships, yadda yadda yadda she doesnt want anyone to have naughty robo fun.

my thing is - if theres a market for it, its gonna get built though

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

so can someone tell me the gist of why a sexbot or whatever is bad because I am not going to read that doughy lady's article

something something misogyny something something

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

you already know the answer to that question

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMquhqX8tLU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Guaranteed there is more dildos sold than sex toys for men every year.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

"We think that the creation of such robots will contribute to detrimental relationships between men and women, adults and children, men and men and women and women,"

And my time reading SA while they read Tumblr has taught me that she's missing 5,000,000 more gender combinations that might be damaged by robot lovin'.

quote:

"There have been campaign groups actively voicing opposition to killer robots but I foresee the time soon when humans are lobbying against robot companions or at least shouting 'not in my backyard'," he said.

NO MORE MUTANTS ROBOTS!

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 16, 2015

Kiryen
Feb 25, 2015

Bro Dad posted:

what kind of bullshit job is "robot ethicist"

It's "I was too stupid to be an engineer and design robots so I created a bullshit social science field to pretend I'm actually educated."

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RaceBannon posted:

something about harmful relationships, yadda yadda yadda she doesnt want anyone to have naughty robo fun.

my thing is - if theres a market for it, its gonna get built though

I'd find it more likely if stuff like the Occulus Rift and the half moon controllers evolve into easy fine remote control of a robot like this (rather than hilarious AI claims) so people can effectively gently caress someone with a robotic body. It seems like that's a closer reality than AI. Plus then it could placate people like this by saying it's for "couples that are separated by distance" while really being all about internet hookers.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Men can also enjoy penetration though :confused:

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

McDowell posted:

i can confirm

KongMu
May 8, 2005

War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.
Sex Robot Toy.

:nws: probaby :nms: if clowns or puppets scare you (they do!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqmlUUYEOKA

Also the comments are good and useful

"its cool and all"

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

McDowell posted:

I don't think you know what the word "men" means.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!

Prorat posted:

Who says men aren't sword fighting with the dildos they bought?

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Secks Cauldron posted:

They do make good light sabers when your parents are too poor to buy you the real toys. Not sure why my parents had one in their closet when they don't even care about movies.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Secks Cauldron posted:

If you don't use the barrel of a loaded gun you're not a real man

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Cantaloupe posted:

This sounds a lot better than sticking my dick in a toaster

That depends on the toaster.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMoeDM8POZk

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Orange Sunshine posted:

oh goody they're the robots now i don't have to watch that loving thing thanks

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'd find it more likely if stuff like the Occulus Rift and the half moon controllers evolve into easy fine remote control of a robot like this (rather than hilarious AI claims) so people can effectively gently caress someone with a robotic body. It seems like that's a closer reality than AI. Plus then it could placate people like this by saying it's for "couples that are separated by distance" while really being all about internet hookers.

xbox live had a bunch of live arcade "long distance relationship" games where you could adjust the controller vibration

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Orange Sunshine posted:

Just an FYI that those are (female) humans pretending (acting) to be robots, not actually robots

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
no that's okay; they're the robots and that's the end of battlefart gaylactic acid

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Omelette du Fromage posted:

Just an FYI that those are (female) humans pretending (acting) to be robots, not actually robots

What? Are you implying that there's an error in the historical documents?

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
sex robots for men should be legal but should also come equipped w exploding dye packs to identify nasty gross lonely men to laugh and throw rocks at

thanks ~Salmiakki~

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I fully encourage super "realistic" fuckbots be developed so the MRA creeps/rapists will stop being so creepy and rapey (like that will ever happen) and leave everyone else alone and maybe shut the gently caress up.

I also love how the same people think it'll be a huge blow to women that they'll no longer have access to MRAs. Oh no!

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Orange Sunshine posted:

So do you prefer Flatboard or Manwich?

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
Someone should write a science fiction story set in the future when sex robots are common.

The story would be from the perspective of a "sex robot technician," which is basically a low status, low paying position in society that entails basically servicing these "sex robots" by cleaning them of the human semen they collect. You see, the real owners don't like to do that themselves because it breaks their fantasy, so they outsource the work.

Or maybe this would be a subplot and origin story in a space opera, and this was the job the unlikely hero of the story used to have before his mighty adventures.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

starry skies above posted:

Someone should write a science fiction story set in the future when sex robots are common.

The story would be from the perspective of a "sex robot technician," which is basically a low status, low paying position in society that entails basically servicing these "sex robots" by cleaning them of the human semen they collect. You see, the real owners don't like to do that themselves because it breaks their fantasy, so they outsource the work.

Or maybe this would be a subplot and origin story in a space opera, and this was the job the unlikely hero of the story used to have before his mighty adventures.

brb stealing the idea for ur jizzmopper space opera

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Yes I do.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

With the replaceable parts or enough money, why not both?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

starry skies above posted:

Why not have the sex robot do that poo poo itself? What's the point of making it semi-intelligent and semi-autonomous if it can't clean itself? It's not like the sex portion is any hard work that a vacuum cleaner could do.

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Don't like thing, thing should be illegal.

-A ethicist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Young Freud posted:

Why not have the sex robot do that poo poo itself? What's the point of making it semi-intelligent and semi-autonomous if it can't clean itself? It's not like the sex portion is any hard work that a vacuum cleaner could do.

It's make work dude. Sure, you could assign all the work duties to automation, but the economy is going to contract bad enough when all the sex workers are replaced by sex bots. If you don't have paying jobs cleaning the sex bots then nobody can afford the sex bots.

• Locked thread