Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Using the shovel to mine fibrous taint is also the way to get Tainted Shards, which are the way to get the best pre-ichor wands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger
Sep 21, 2007
On burrowed time...
Is there a way to get additional copies of the book you get from the instructor that shows where to mine? I'm playing with a couple of newish guys and its super handy but the quest doesn't seem to be repeatable, so there's one copy to go around. I'm op so if there's a spawn command that's fine too.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Badger posted:

Is there a way to get additional copies of the book you get from the instructor that shows where to mine? I'm playing with a couple of newish guys and its super handy but the quest doesn't seem to be repeatable, so there's one copy to go around. I'm op so if there's a spawn command that's fine too.

The bookcase in every dome should have a handful of extras, and every player should start with one. You could also always cheat in another one, AFAIK you don't need anything more special than /give

Edit: Also, I unlocked the ichorium pick last night, and WOW is this the lease satisfying way to mine possible. Whoever decided it shouldn't have a sound effect is a villian. On the plus side, I have hundreds of copper ore after a 10 minute trip now, so that's pretty neat. The ichorium wand is straight up fantastic though, no complaints on that end.

egg tats fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 22, 2015

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Badger posted:

Yeah you have to cheat extras in. The quest that gives it to you is supposed to be repeatable but it's broken.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

TheresaJayne posted:

The bug is that something was interacting with the fake player, could it be that thaumium ingots generate flux and TC was trying to give the fake player some flux or aspects?

I tend to lose my discoveries (the unlocked pages in book 1) and have to re-discover them often. So my guess is that's what happened, he lost the thaumium discovery and the next autocrafted thaumium ingot led to the crash as it tried to send the discovery message.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

senae posted:

The bookcase in every dome should have a handful of extras, and every player should start with one. You could also always cheat in another one, AFAIK you don't need anything more special than /give

Edit: Also, I unlocked the ichorium pick last night, and WOW is this the lease satisfying way to mine possible. Whoever decided it shouldn't have a sound effect is a villian. On the plus side, I have hundreds of copper ore after a 10 minute trip now, so that's pretty neat. The ichorium wand is straight up fantastic though, no complaints on that end.

Ichorium awakened pick is hilariously buggy when it's using the other mining modes. Sometimes you can inadvertently get an x-ray look of the underground when using line mode too quickly.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Sage Grimm posted:

Ichorium awakened pick is hilariously buggy when it's using the other mining modes. Sometimes you can inadvertently get an x-ray look of the underground when using line mode too quickly.

It desyncs super bad too. If you're standing next to someone who is using it in cube mode, you won't see the block updates and they'll appear to just walk through walls. It's poorly made in a lot of ways.

Badger
Sep 21, 2007
On burrowed time...

Taffer posted:

Yeah you have to cheat extras in. The quest that gives it to you is supposed to be repeatable but it's broken.

Thought so. I'll fire up an sp game to find the I'd. Might just make a creative strongbox full of em.
Very much enjoying the pack though. Being forced out of my normal tech reliant path to post scarcity has been great. And I'm loving making Rube Goldberg esque systems with botania.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Trying to use the laser mining drill was such a bad idea. I don't have even close to enough power for this thing and now I'm out of diamonds so I can't make the arcane bore to try it out. :smith:

Gendal
Aug 3, 2007
I keep having issues with I suspect the traveller's belt extra hot bar. Randomly while playing items in the hot bar start to disappear after a use, only to turn up in the inventory after I access another inventory like a chest. Sometimes after teleporting my worn gear will all disappear until I switch tabs between the crafting table icon and the diamond chest armor tab. Other times the hotbar inventory will be replicated in the bottom row of my inventory.

I have to log out and back in before it starts working again.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Gendal posted:

I keep having issues with I suspect the traveller's belt extra hot bar. Randomly while playing items in the hot bar start to disappear after a use, only to turn up in the inventory after I access another inventory like a chest. Sometimes after teleporting my worn gear will all disappear until I switch tabs between the crafting table icon and the diamond chest armor tab. Other times the hotbar inventory will be replicated in the bottom row of my inventory.

I have to log out and back in before it starts working again.

Most of the time when I have trouble with the belt, taking it off and putting it back on again fixed it :shrug:

MortuusLupus
May 7, 2007

WILL THIS NEVER END?
For me that seemed to mostly be a problem with inv tweaks' option to use the server to help sort. Frequently the client and server would disagree on where things were, and auto sorting my inventory or a chest would reset every time I grabbed something. You can disable that in the options menu you open from an inventory screen, it may fix what you are seeing.

Gendal
Aug 3, 2007

Magres posted:

Most of the time when I have trouble with the belt, taking it off and putting it back on again fixed it :shrug:
Tried that, no change unfortunately.

MortuusLupus posted:

For me that seemed to mostly be a problem with inv tweaks' option to use the server to help sort. Frequently the client and server would disagree on where things were, and auto sorting my inventory or a chest would reset every time I grabbed something. You can disable that in the options menu you open from an inventory screen, it may fix what you are seeing.
This however sounds very promising, despite me playing single player. I found a "Server Item Movement" option that I turned off, since I am only playing single player it shouldn't matter. Hopefully this will fix it, no errors yet but they usually don't pop up until I am teleporting about trying to setup different dawn machines (gently caress the ritual to create dawn offerings, ug, need so many of them)

Inv. Tweaks sounds awesome, I always want to use the custom sorting file with its little ASCII grid, but every time it never works because of some obscure interaction with other mods that require editing the xml tree file, and that's where I draw the line.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
On the topic of the thaumium ingots and ore discovery, isn't it just that the fake player is discovering thaumium? I mean, the fake player's ore discovery is separate from your own.

I imagine any autocrafting that results in the creation of an ingot will trigger this.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Surely someone has tried to make iron ingots via AE2 before now, though.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

McFrugal posted:

On the topic of the thaumium ingots and ore discovery, isn't it just that the fake player is discovering thaumium? I mean, the fake player's ore discovery is separate from your own.

I imagine any autocrafting that results in the creation of an ingot will trigger this.

That's correct.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Surely someone has tried to make iron ingots via AE2 before now, though.

Yeah but that's smelting and probably doesn't require a fake player.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The beacons in the tower... aren't beacons. poo poo. There goes my plan of stealing one for the gaia ritual! I guess I'll have to infuse after all.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

The beacons in the tower... aren't beacons. poo poo. There goes my plan of stealing one for the gaia ritual! I guess I'll have to infuse after all.

this threw me too for a bit :v:

there is a consolation prize though, fish all the gooey diamond centers out for 9 free diamonds

Carsius
May 7, 2013

I'd assume that they were placed there since an early blood magic quest requires a diamond

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Those fake beacons were one of my favorite things to find in Blightfall. Such a great fakeout, but you still get something really good.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Carsius posted:

I'd assume that they were placed there since an early blood magic quest requires a diamond

I'm like 90% sure the layout of the room is supposed to clue you in on how to configure a blood magic altar; it's one of the things that really isn't explained well at all but is absolutely required to progress.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
A real beacon somewhere would be nice though, so you could dodge infusion as a gate to nether stars and (sorta) necrotic bones.

Maybe in the secret portal area or something? Top of the flying city?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

A real beacon somewhere would be nice though, so you could dodge infusion as a gate to nether stars and (sorta) necrotic bones.

Maybe in the secret portal area or something? Top of the flying city?

There's some nether skulls hidden in places

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
So this is just a thought but I think ProjectE would be a worthwhile and balanced addition to this pack, it would really give some variety of focus and complement the way in which Blightfall encourages you to look into alternative mod methods and non-standard generation, really definitely would be good for sure, no problem. 30.5 Days feel free to credit me in the next update.

Magres posted:

There's some nether skulls hidden in places
I found two but gently caress me if I can remember where I found 'em.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
The nether skulls I found I found in some creepy cultist's house in the floating city. There was a redstone-activated secret trap door and everything.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Mzbundifund posted:

The nether skulls I found I found in some creepy cultist's house in the floating city. There was a redstone-activated secret trap door and everything.

If its the house I'm thinking of, I found that to be a subtle nod to the crimson cult and I was wondering if that was deliberate.

Too bad they dont have a secret lair somewhere to raid. :black101:

Carsius
May 7, 2013

So it turns out cleaning any non-dirt crusted taint with the purity focus is a very Bad Idea.

I've had to completely avoid attempting to clear forests or towns in fear of the massive amount of liquid Flux moving around causing the server to die a horrible, laggy death.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You can do it as long as you don't have too many ender overseers chunk loading parts of the game and set your view limit down to like 6 chunks. It's how I manage. I also do a pass through a forest and then run away for an hour because dawn totems take a crazy amount of time to break them down, but flux eventually just becomes a thin layer on the ground I can use the purity shovel to get rid of.

I've spawned some truly gigantic slimes.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Bring a shovel of the purifier with you, make sure it has repair 2 on it. Right click to zap away all flux goo and gas instantly, you might need to wait for some of it to fall down after zapping the first.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Turning giant jungle trees into giant cascading fountains of purple slime in one click IS pretty satisfying.

Didn't know that about the purity shovel; I'll have to carry one around with me next time I go on a clearing run.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
If you chunk load the area and let a dawn totem chew on it for a while, it'll clear the underground and non-tree areas first.

Then you can zoom by flying just above the ground and make one pass and it takes very little vis to actually convert all the trees into goo, you can do a massive area if you let the dawn totem clear up non-trees first.

Then just run away until the goo is a small layer on the ground and most slimes have been killed due to standing on pure land or whatever, and mop up with the shovel if you feel like it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

You sure it isn't the enormous amount of taint slimes that tend to spawn in cases like this that's bringing your instance to its knees instead of liquid movement? Tap and zap with the shovel of purity quickly, before it starts spreading. That's what I do with the larger trees because manually digging out the crusted taint is painful that high in the air (it isn't instant like it would be from the ground with the angel ring). I've been doing that in the Magic Forest biome myself.

Haven't dicked around with the Dawn Machine yet but that's probably what I'll use for the heavily forested areas well outside my home chunk.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
It's seriously a waste of time to stand there right clicking a goo fountain as it splashes on the ground, per tree. Just do a pass through and then go do something else for a while while the problem solves itself.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

If you catch a tree before it's fully enveloped you can use the free-flying logs as places to zap goo while it's still falling. Alternatively you zap, purify in a circle around the goo fountain, zap it again when enough has nearly hit the ground, repeat until it's finished. It's only a waste of time if you're just waiting.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Oooooor you've got a hasted thaumstatic harness and belt because omg why wouldn't you? If you haven't progressed at least that far, you shouldn't be clearing at all, you should be focused on teching up before you go on the offensive.

It's a waste of time because most of the goo vanishes if you leave and come back later (it gets converted into slimes then despawns), it doesn't matter how fast you right click the shovel, there's no need to do it much at all except for one quick pass over the ground at the very end.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 23, 2015

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)
I'm stilll running into wierdness with my AE essentia powered dawn machine.

Even when I confirm that it's disabled, and unpowered, the eyes continue to remain green.

While deactivated, it will continue to suck essentia out of my network, and stay at 31 in the buffer. If I disconnect the network, it stays at 31. (implying the machine is off).

And when I say suck, I've got import buffers keyed to each essentia on each port.

Bug? Glitch? I'd hate to go back to jars, which suck, but I can't have it keep emptying my essentia for nothing.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Uh... Why did one of the nodes I transferred into my singleplayer base decide it wanted to turn tainted? I don't think there's any taint underground nearby, but I have no idea why it switched.

Edit: And is there an easy way to purify it without having to use the focus?

Carsius fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 23, 2015

Gendal
Aug 3, 2007

Dalaram posted:

I'm stilll running into wierdness with my AE essentia powered dawn machine.

Even when I confirm that it's disabled, and unpowered, the eyes continue to remain green.

While deactivated, it will continue to suck essentia out of my network, and stay at 31 in the buffer. If I disconnect the network, it stays at 31. (implying the machine is off).

And when I say suck, I've got import buffers keyed to each essentia on each port.

Bug? Glitch? I'd hate to go back to jars, which suck, but I can't have it keep emptying my essentia for nothing.
I had the same issue, my Dawn machine drained 500+ ordo in less than two minutes. So instead I have a bunch of jars with pipes going into the dawn machine, and then export into the jars. The only thing that travels with the dawn machine is the jars and pipes, the AE export bus all stay home. Takes < 30 seconds to refill and cycle out a refilled dawn machine. Right now I run 3 dawn machines at once, with four soon if I can figure out my inventory issues.

No luck disabling Inventory Tweaks entirely, I still get the glitches with or without a belt as well, it just seems to exacerbate the issue. Teleporting around back and forth with between my base and the dawn machines seems to be what starts it most of the time. Once it starts happening I can't do much until I relog back in. Crazy frustrating, not sure if I can finish the game now.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Carsius posted:

Uh... Why did one of the nodes I transferred into my singleplayer base decide it wanted to turn tainted? I don't think there's any taint underground nearby, but I have no idea why it switched.

Edit: And is there an easy way to purify it without having to use the focus?

There is only 6 ways to deal with tainted nodes
1. punch it.
2. jar it.
3. energize it.
4. bop it
4. purity focus
5. dawn machine
6. use blood teleposer to get it away from your base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carsius
May 7, 2013

Well, since I have one, I added a second better tainted node to my room. There are purity flowers everywhere.

How does one unlock the purity focus?

• Locked thread