Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

anybody around?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU5LMG3WFBw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

We've been talking in the discussion thread about how games aren't super active lately and while I have been a fairly inactive player this game I'm ready to fight for what is right now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I kind of want to lynch BottleKnight

##vote Opop :holy:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm around!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm fine with Opop, even if it takes out BK. I have a lot of suspicion of BK, his claim bothers me (seems rough to have two roles like that in the game), his lack of attention to the game at times bothers me (he totally missed that I was cleared by two different cops? He didn't notice that Ecco had the exact same role as him?) and his reads have been pretty weak most of the game and most of them are propped up with him saying things like "I'm positive" and "totally sure" to make them sound more compelling.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (2): MMM Whatchya Say, Birdstrike
Hal Incandenza (1): BottleKnight, BottleKnight, BottleKnight
MMM Whatchya Say (0): BottleKnight, BottleKnight

Not Voting (4): Alehkhs, Hal Incandenza, Opopanax, Podima

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 hours, 48 minutes.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

[b]##vote Opop[/b}

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

OOOPS ##vote Opop

It's the weird claim confusion AND the fact that he's been avoiding reads a lot and mostly just showing up to shrug off cases and little else

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

anybody around?

I'm here.

Not sure how I feel about the Opop vote.

If BK is a buddyguard, will Opop even be lynched this day?

Possibly 2 dead today, with one getting killed overnight seems pretty crazy. Currently only 4 to lynch - if neither Opop or BK are scum, won't this screw us good? :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

I'm here.

Possibly 2 dead today, with one getting killed overnight seems pretty crazy. Currently only 4 to lynch - if neither Opop or BK are scum, won't this screw us good? :(

It will be one or the other, not both

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Hal Incandenza posted:

It will be one or the other, not both

So, BK then.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Alehkhs posted:

So, BK then.

If he's telling the truth, and not misrepresenting his screwy power to appear townie.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

If he's telling the truth, and not misrepresenting his screwy power to appear townie.

Yeah I have my doubts

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah I have my doubts

If it works like BK described and the buddy power are really random like Amoeba said then there would be a chance it would take 4 lynches to get 2 scum. That seems too unbalanced.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

I'm here.

If, again, you believe BK to be telling the truth and you even think there is a chance that Opop is scum you almost have to get BK out of the way now because otherwise there literally will be nothing you can do in LYLO. In essence it is LYLO already in that situation.

But again, that seems so unbalanced I can't buy it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Let me think about this for a second. ##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Oh it must have just been to the thread in general

I just went back and looked at this and LutR said that right after I posted when the day very first started and you hadn't even showed up. Very odd that you would think she was talking to you. You didn't even show up in the thread for a long time and many posts after it was said.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmmmmmmm why do people have to keep saying things that make no loving sense

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

And nothing else that needs saying.

Being the newbie, I don't really know how claiming is supposed to work. Is this something I'm right to be suspicious of?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

Being the newbie, I don't really know how claiming is supposed to work. Is this something I'm right to be suspicious of?

ehhhhhhhh it's not a good look but there are things that once you claim them they lose a lot of effectiveness (like, say, 1-shot BP :smith: )

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (2): MMM Whatchya Say, Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say

Not Voting (4): Alehkhs, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Podima

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 1 minute.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Only an hour to go! Would vote Opop>BK>MMM at this point

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Did opop claim buddy guard at all before ecco's weird gambit?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Bk claimed buddyguard opop claimed buddy cop

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Let me think about this for a second. ##unvote

5000 seconds later...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

We've been talking in the discussion thread about how games aren't super active lately and while I have been a fairly inactive player this game I'm ready to fight for what is right now.

Keep fighting that fight MMM

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's what I mean. Those two might be a good scum gambit. I don't have time to reread ATM, phone posting, but was bk defending LUTR last vote? I seem to recall as such

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah going to vote opop. If bk is telling the truth and is a vt buddy guard then this was a rough setup anyways.

##vote opop

Also mmm please stop acting scummy as gently caress

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That is -1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

That's what I mean. Those two might be a good scum gambit. I don't have time to reread ATM, phone posting, but was bk defending LUTR last vote? I seem to recall as such

Yes, quite a bit actually. Fought to get me and then someone else killed instead

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
With the knowledge of buddyguards in game from day 1 thanks to ecco's thing (still have no idea why they did that) it would be a pretty slick scum gambit, and i'd like to find out one way or another tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is a lively bunch!

I suspect if we actually get the last vote then we will kill Opop and hopefully he does flip scum and isn't being setup by BK. If Opop is town BK is almost definitely scum and I would guess that MMM is the other scum but I'm not as sure on him.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (3): MMM Whatchya Say, Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say, Podima

Not Voting (3): Alehkhs, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Well, I don't really like where this is going, but the deadline is here, and despite my suspicion that they're just confused as hell, Opop has been useless in their own defense. Let's see how that buddycop claim plays out :(

##vote Opopanax

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 4

Opopanax (4): MMM Whatchya Say, Birdstrike, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say, Podima, Alehkhs

Not Voting (2): MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 minutes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opopanax, ???-aligned ???, ???....

BottleKnight, Town-aligned Vanilla, BuddyGuard has taken the fall Day 4.

It is now Night 4.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Birdstrike, Town-aligned Doctor, Pen Pal, has been killed Night 4.

It is now Day 5.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Alehkhs, Hal Incandenza, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Podima

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 24th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Well, there goes my Buddy Cop contact.

Chaoslord, you got any results for last night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Alehkhs posted:

Well, there goes my Buddy Cop contact.

Chaoslord, you got any results for last night?

Yeah chaos died a while ago

• Locked thread