Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
From the ESPN article on Auburn's quarterback change.

"Gus Malzahn" posted:

Sean White is a guy that has got a lot of reps. He's responded very well in practice, very well in scrimmages, and I just feel like he needs a shot right now. We've got a lot of confidence in him right now.

"ESPN" posted:

Malzahn also said wide receivers Jonathan Wallace and Jason Smith could get some reps at quarterback this week. Wallace was a starter at quarterback for Auburn in 2012, and Smith played the position all last year in junior college.

Starting White, but may also try some WR's at QB. That sounds like a lot of confidence. Good news for State though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

UConn, when they declared a "Civil Conflict" with UCF, but didn't bother to tell them and the whole school reacted with general confusion

This a very sad sentence

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Everyone remember that time UConn beat Notre Dame in South Bend?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gus' only way forward now is sneaking onto UGA's campus and planting some weed and a gun on a Georgia DB.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
HATIN rear end SPURRIER ON FIRE THIS WEEK http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2015/9/22/9371105/hatin-rear end-spurrier-eats-some-twizzlers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Democrazy posted:

Hey Mizzou fans, you can feel better about struggling against UConn now, they're a Power 5 opponent! :smug:

The real slap in the face is reserved for Fiesta Bowl-winning program UCF, and if they can get their poo poo together, Houston.

ESPN better add those schools to the dumb All Time Power 5 Stats they like to throw out during games.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Duckaerobics posted:

Starting White, but may also try some WR's at QB. That sounds like a lot of confidence. Good news for State though.

Both (Smith and Wallace) were high school QBs and Jason Smith played QB at JuCo as well so it's not exactly as it seems. I still don't have high hopes though.

e: derp the article said as much but you ignored it, my mistake

bacon flaps fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 22, 2015

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Eh, the year Ohio State is playing Cincinnati (2019), they're also playing TCU so it doesn't really affect the P5 requirement. In fact, Ohio State already meets the requirements through 2024 with Oklahoma, TCU, Oregon, Notre Dame, Texas and Boston College (and Army, apparently...)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

George O'Leary's undefeated in court, though.

holy poo poo :thurman:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Civil Conflict was the dumbest possible name you could possibly have picked too.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Man that section on USC at the end seems downright personal and mean. I approve.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

quote:

I call USC "Gawker West" because they had their year ruined by a gimpy old Hogan.

:laffo: you weren't kidding

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
OU has had 5 straight home 11 am kickoffs :(

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

UConn is trying to create a fake rivalry with UCF I believe.

The Race to the Bottom

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Duckaerobics posted:

From the ESPN article on Auburn's quarterback change.

Those two WR's getting snaps are both converted QBs, who are almost assuredly going to be practicing the Wildcat package. If White goes out there Saturday night and self-immolates, Gus'll put Johnson back out there before either of those two guys.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Korranus posted:

The Race to the Bottom

Remember when UCF was good that one year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MindlessHavok posted:

Bortles Beat the poo poo out of Baylor in a BCS Bowl, never4get

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hatin rear end Spurrier posted:

Congrats on scoring fifty in Athens, UGA. Bout time someone other than me did it.

:perfect:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MindlessHavok posted:

I was there when they beat us at home in 2000. it was a nightmare.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Well also Daunte Cullpepper

Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Fluffdaddy posted:

I was there when they beat us at home in 2000. it was a nightmare.
Geez, weren't they in the middle of their bizarre MAC stint in 2000?

E: Wait no that didn't start until 2002. They were just kinda... there before that, I guess.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Hatin' rear end Spurrier posted:

Texas out there losing to bears so bad even Werner Herzog wouldn't watch it.

Clever as poo poo right there HAS.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UCF also beat lovely 2010 Georgia in the Liberty Bowl and should've beaten the '99 Dawgs too.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Wylie posted:

Those two WR's getting snaps are both converted QBs, who are almost assuredly going to be practicing the Wildcat package. If White goes out there Saturday night and self-immolates, Gus'll put Johnson back out there before either of those two guys.

I was mostly making fun of the typical coach speak. He has a lot of confidence in White, but also says he's going to try pretty much every option at QB. It is reassuring to hear that we won't go wildcat over Johnson if it comes to that though.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Mike_V posted:

It's going to be cool when Mizzou's defense holds all their SEC opponents except Georgia to under 20 points and they take the East again somehow and everyone will get really mad

This keeps happening because Missouri keeps getting weak SEC West slates relative to the teams they are fighting for the division. Missouri doesn't play Bama or LSU and Georgia has to play both of those, so if Georgia doesn't win both of those games then Missouri has extra cushion in that division race.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Duckaerobics posted:

I was mostly making fun of the typical coach speak. He has a lot of confidence in White, but also says he's going to try pretty much every option at QB. It is reassuring to hear that we won't go wildcat over Johnson if it comes to that though.

It's not necessarily a lack of confidence, the freshman QB Tyler Queen just had Tommy John surgery so there's only 2 true QBs on scholarship in playing condition.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Lasagna Pilot posted:

This keeps happening because Missouri keeps getting weak SEC West slates relative to the teams they are fighting for the division. Missouri doesn't play Bama or LSU and Georgia has to play both of those, so if Georgia doesn't win both of those games then Missouri has extra cushion in that division race.

While I get what you're saying and more or less agree the SEC flowchart has been "The SEC is strong, best in the country" to "The SEC West is ludicrous, nothing else can compare" to "The SEC West has some of the best teams"

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Wait! UGA is playing Southern this weekend?

loving shameful.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

quote:

I call USC VIVID Entertainment because they're in LA and I only see them on my TV late at night getting pounded.

drat HAS

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Lasagna Pilot posted:

They've had laughably bad OOC schedules, too. They also played Georgia without Gurley last year. Missouri has done some impressive things since joining the SEC, but they've had more than their share of luck as well.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

That Works posted:

While I get what you're saying and more or less agree the SEC flowchart has been "The SEC is strong, best in the country" to "The SEC West is ludicrous, nothing else can compare" to "The SEC West has some of the best teams"

I think the Sec West is still the best division, the question is whether the top of the division is championship level right now because we have questions about LSU & Bama at QB; the teams with good QB play are Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Texas A&M at least played Arizona State to give us a little bit of a measuring stick for them outside of the self-fulling prophecy of the preseason SEC West hype.

I haven't written off the Pac 12 South yet.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV in the bottom 5

We coming for you Kansas!!!!!!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I think the Sec West is still the best division, the question is whether the top of the division is championship level right now because we have questions about LSU & Bama at QB; the teams with good QB play are Ole Miss and Texas A&M. Texas A&M at least played Arizona State to give us a little bit of a measuring stick for them outside of the self-fulling prophecy of the preseason SEC West hype.

I haven't written off the Pac 12 South yet.

I feel like every expected contender in CFB this year has questions. I haven't watched anyone that looks like they are clearly going to the playoffs yet.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Big Ten East is the best division.

More top two teams than any other conference.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
Last year even the hard core Purdue bloggers started souring on the program. Most of the summer on one site was spent talking about basketball which speaks volumes. Travis, the guy at Hammer and Rails, has been chugging the athletic department's cock because he was a small timer and they gave him press creds while the the guys at Boiled Sports got a cease and desist for being rightly critical.

My parents have been season ticket holders for over 10 years now, and even they are giving up after last Saturday. The fan base is giving up, and its not like we have powerful football tradition or anything. The Tiller years created excitement and a lot of football fans who have seen the bottom fall out and there is no end in sight. Hazell has the worst record through 27 games than any other coach in Purdue history, which I'll state again, is less than stellar.

Frankly, I think that AD needs to be fired since he has done nothing but hamper football and men's basketball while improving everything else. Hazell had better fire Shoop sooner rather than later because being loyal to that jackass is going to cost him his job too.

Problem is finding someone to deal with a despondent fanbase that cares more about basketball in a highly academic school. I don't even care and I'm rooting for my other school wholeheartedly now.

WILDCATS, BITCH.

Edit: Boiled Sports has a lot of posts this week about how depressing and terrible things are now. This one in particular: http://boiledsports.com/darrell-hazell/by-the-numbers-second-verse-same-as-the-first.html

mayodreams fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 23, 2015

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Quandary posted:

OU has had 5 straight home 11 am kickoffs :(

Prime Time kickoffs are reserved for SEC teams only sorry.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

mayodreams posted:

Frankly, I think that AD needs to be fired since he has done nothing but hamper football and men's basketball while improving everything else. Hazell had better fire Shoop sooner rather than later because being loyal to that jackass is going to cost him his job too.

My favorite part of Hazell's press conference before the VT game was when he acted like he had a leg up on VT because John Shoop, former UNC OC, had seen Bud Foster's D before in games. He conveniently forgot that Shoop was 1-5 against VT and averaged 15ppg against Foster.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

My favorite part of Hazell's press conference before the VT game was when he acted like he had a leg up on VT because John Shoop, former UNC OC, had seen Bud Foster's D before in games. He conveniently forgot that Shoop was 1-5 against VT and averaged 15ppg against Foster.

John Fuckin' Shoop

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Is it weird that I kind of hope Mizzou loses out with the exception of an inexplicable win over Georgia which directly leads to them losing the SEC East just so D.N. Nation can spend another year festering in his hatred for Mizzou?

Cause that poo poo would be hilarious.

too bad we all know Mizzou is going 3-9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Regardless of what he does at OC Hazell should probably be fired unless they dramatically turn things around. Like I get that things weren't very good when he took over but it's year 4. He's had plenty of time to try to rebuild, and I'm not really sure what he's done to deserve the benefit of the doubt. It's not like he was a can't miss coaching prospect. HE was a dude who had one good year in the MAC, which is a profile that seems to have lead to an awful lot of failed major conference coaching hires. Winning one conference games in three seasons is absurd. If you can't at least get the team to bowl eligible by year three or four in the Big Ten you need to go, especially in the recent Big Ten.

• Locked thread