Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

Skunkrocker posted:

1. I'll check it out.
2. Kinda looks like
3. Well the idea was the guy was selling the gun to the gangsta and he was used to holding it a certain way, and he takes it away from him and shows him how to hold it right, scolding him because the recoil will injure him in the process. I don't remember the exact scene, but it kind of goes like this:

"Alright, here you go. Try this out. *gangsta holds it sideways* GIVE ME THAT! You loving idiot. Hold it like this. You hold it like that you'll break your loving wrist!"

Or something to that effect.

Try going through these
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GangstaStyle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

ladron posted:

My once a year or so quest for this one:

Brian Dennehy, or someone like that is a small-town cop. He pulls over this couple in an older car. The man says he did the maintenance on the car himself. The cop makes the couple get out, and makes the boy find grease from under the car (the line I remember is "I thought you kept this car cherry, boy"). The cop then rapes the girl, using the grease the guy got from under the car, and tells the guy if he turns around and the gun is pointed at him, he (the cop) will kill them both. If it's not, he'll let them go. He puts the gun on the hood or roof or the car, but the guy never turns around.
Later, the couple confronts this cop at a diner or something.

Jesus, I saw that once many years ago, like in 1990 or so, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Brian Dennehy, but aside from that and what you describe I have no help to offer.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Phanatic posted:

Jesus, I saw that once many years ago, like in 1990 or so, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't Brian Dennehy, but aside from that and what you describe I have no help to offer.

thanks anyhow, at least I have confirmation it exists

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
This one is really vague. I remember reading a review for a horror or thriller that premiered at a festival. This would have been around 2004-2008. I meant to keep track of its release but totally forgot about it.

What I can remember of the plot was a mother and her three sons who go to a house and keep a woman--or a woman and her children--hostage. One of the kidnapper sons was a known teen actor around that time(someone like Kyle Gallner) I think.

Super vague, but that's all I can remember and I figured I'd ask before it slips my mind again.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

This one is really vague. I remember reading a review for a horror or thriller that premiered at a festival. This would have been around 2004-2008. I meant to keep track of its release but totally forgot about it.

What I can remember of the plot was a mother and her three sons who go to a house and keep a woman--or a woman and her children--hostage. One of the kidnapper sons was a known teen actor around that time(someone like Kyle Gallner) I think.

Super vague, but that's all I can remember and I figured I'd ask before it slips my mind again.
Sounds like The Girl Next Door

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 29, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Alternatively An American Crime, same story, released the same year.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Alternatively An American Crime, same story, released the same year.
That's actually the one I was thinking of but forgot the title and convinced myself I was thinking of the girl next door

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 29, 2015

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Thanks, you guys are awesome. It looks like it might be An American Crime.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Full credit to donquixotic, I only remembered it when I saw the trailer for Girl Next Door and though "wait a minute I saw this movie but it wasn't this movie".

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
One I saw decades ago. It's a period piece, think 'The Duellists' kind of look.

There's a guy in a stagecoach playing Russian roulette and a scene where a guy is thrown headfirst into a tube that may be a well or an oubliette type thing with a rope around his feet.

Sorry to be so vague but it's been a very long time!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

monkeytennis posted:

One I saw decades ago. It's a period piece, think 'The Duellists' kind of look.

There's a guy in a stagecoach playing Russian roulette and a scene where a guy is thrown headfirst into a tube that may be a well or an oubliette type thing with a rope around his feet.

Sorry to be so vague but it's been a very long time!

Period horror piece The Skull has a sequence where a man is forced into a carriage, taken out, and then forced to play Russian roulette.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Co-worker just started telling me about this movie he couldn't remmeber. First 5-10 minutes had nothing to do with the rest of the film. Office setting, elderly workers start taking over and it becomes like a pirate ship.

Sounds weird and awesome and I have to know.

EDIT: Nevermind! Monty Python and the Meaning of Life. I knew it sounded familiar, but I always come in at the middle of that movie (machine that goes 'beep', sex-ed class, irishman who has 26 kids, etc)

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

This is a long-shot, but I'm basically looking for a movie about a group of maybe 6 or so friends having dinner at a restaurant and just talking. Yupp, that about sums up the plot. I'm guessing it was released sometime between 2000-2008.

Final Call fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Oct 2, 2015

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

General Venereal posted:

This is a long-shot, but I'm basically looking for a movie about a group of maybe 6 or so friends having dinner at a restaurant and just talking. Yupp, that about sums up the plot. I'm guessing it was released sometime between 2000-2008.

Probably not it, but it makes me think of Joss Whedon's "much ado about nothing"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094064/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_3

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

nitrogen posted:

Probably not it, but it makes me think of Joss Whedon's "much ado about nothing"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2094064/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_3

That's not quite it, but given the sparse details I had to offer - thanks! :)

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

General Venereal posted:

I assume since you didn't mention cooking it's not Big Night? Although looking that's 1996.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

General Venereal posted:

Melvin Goes to Dinner? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melvin_Goes_to_Dinner

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

General Venereal posted:

Don's Plum?

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

THIS! Thank you so much!

CountryFriedSnake
Feb 25, 2006
Good afternoon, obviously I'm at a loss trying to remember a movie and I'm at a loss after using IMDB and such.

I think I saw it streamed on BG or some such this past winter. It was set in Europe though I'm not sure if it was a foreign film. I think maybe it was set in Sweden or Norway. There were mountains, woods, and campsites and a ferry.

Anyways, a group of students or maybe they were young journalists are investigating something along the lines of a yeti or some such beast. There's a Jon Voight-looking guy that's not a part of the group and is either feeding or hunting the beasts. He's got a Land Rover of sorts with massive lights and an RV I think.

I don't think it was a FF film but I'm sure the students had video cameras.

Devil's Pass was as close as I came in using the Google but that wasn't it.

Cheers

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

CountryFriedSnake posted:

Good afternoon, obviously I'm at a loss trying to remember a movie and I'm at a loss after using IMDB and such.

I think I saw it streamed on BG or some such this past winter. It was set in Europe though I'm not sure if it was a foreign film. I think maybe it was set in Sweden or Norway. There were mountains, woods, and campsites and a ferry.

Anyways, a group of students or maybe they were young journalists are investigating something along the lines of a yeti or some such beast. There's a Jon Voight-looking guy that's not a part of the group and is either feeding or hunting the beasts. He's got a Land Rover of sorts with massive lights and an RV I think.

I don't think it was a FF film but I'm sure the students had video cameras.

Devil's Pass was as close as I came in using the Google but that wasn't it.

Cheers

Probably Troll Hunter.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Definitely.

CountryFriedSnake
Feb 25, 2006

Holy crap, morestuff, that's it! Thank you!

Although now that I look at it, Otto Jespersen looks less like Jon Voight and more like Warren Ellis.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Comedy from the 90s. Alien comes to Earth, he looks weird but he takes a pill to look like a human. Climax of the film has an army guy that was chasing them take a different pill and then turn into another alien, where the rest of the military thinks he's the original alien and goes off to dissect him.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

computer parts posted:

Comedy from the 90s. Alien comes to Earth, he looks weird but he takes a pill to look like a human. Climax of the film has an army guy that was chasing them take a different pill and then turn into another alien, where the rest of the military thinks he's the original alien and goes off to dissect him.

My Favorite Martian has an ending like that.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Yeah, that's it. I kinda thought Christopher Lloyd was the alien but I was mixing in memories of other movies of the era so I wasn't sure.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
On old movie from the late 70s or early 80s. It has three old men who rob a bank, I remember a specific scene where they are sitting around a table with the guns they are going to use and a big pile of bullets, trying to figure out which bullets go with which guns. After the robbery, one of the old men dies and the remaining one is very sad an lonely.

Sorry for being so vague.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Going In Style http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079219

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
some movie about a gravedigger and his mentally challenged compatriot who only says mya? and at the end the protagonist says mya?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Relin posted:

some movie about a gravedigger and his mentally challenged compatriot who only says mya? and at the end the protagonist says mya?

Cemetery Man (aka Dellamorte Dellamore). Great loving movie.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

That's it! I couldn't find it because I thought Burgess Meredith was in it.

Duke Jeffrie
Apr 29, 2010

A movie where there was some kind of club or business that revolved around making clients fantasies come true. It had a seedy strip club vibe, and I specifically remember one fantasy included men wanting to experience sex as a woman. I think there were robots involved in making the fantasies a reality. Based on the robots I suppose it might have been a sci-fi film? No idea if this was just one scene or integral to the plot. Probably late 1990s or early 2000s. I believe I saw it on some kind of rental, possibly VHS. No idea if it was a theatrical release or direct-to-video. I may or may not be misremembering details.

This is such a bizarre memory in my head, I'd love to solve this mystery!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Duke Jeffrie posted:

A movie where there was some kind of club or business that revolved around making clients fantasies come true. It had a seedy strip club vibe, and I specifically remember one fantasy included men wanting to experience sex as a woman. I think there were robots involved in making the fantasies a reality. Based on the robots I suppose it might have been a sci-fi film? No idea if this was just one scene or integral to the plot. Probably late 1990s or early 2000s. I believe I saw it on some kind of rental, possibly VHS. No idea if it was a theatrical release or direct-to-video. I may or may not be misremembering details.

This is such a bizarre memory in my head, I'd love to solve this mystery!

The man experiencing sex as a woman thing is straight out of Strange Days. Not much else is though.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
There's a similar scene in Minority Report I think?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
A movie where half man and half bat creatures are flying around in a cave; I think it came out in the 60s.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

All I know from this movie is that it's a horror movie where a fat guy gets stuck in a manhole, and then when they pull him up his lower half is just guts and blood hanging out. I'd appreciate any help finding it.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

doodlebugs posted:

A movie where half man and half bat creatures are flying around in a cave; I think it came out in the 60s.

How about The Bat People? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071198

Or might be the creatures at the end of At The Earth's Core http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074157/

Duke Jeffrie
Apr 29, 2010

Slugworth posted:

The man experiencing sex as a woman thing is straight out of Strange Days. Not much else is though.

That is quite possibly it, thanks! My brain is probably mashing various memories together for the other details.

Pete Jones
Apr 19, 2013
I'm doubting anyone will know, but on the off chance can anyone tell me the episode of cops where 2 guys are getting arrested for having a bunch of weed and when the cop slams the police car door one of them looks directly at the cam and says, "not my fault I'm 420 friendly!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

doodlebugs posted:

Sir Nose posted:

How about The Bat People? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071198

Or might be the creatures at the end of At The Earth's Core http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074157/

Or maybe Gargoyals (1972 TV movie)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068622/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEeGIxYnBcc