Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
So what I'm reading is that most people picked Bulbasaur only because of the first two gyms, and not because of any quality inherit to the Pokémon. You could have just caught a Mankee. Or leveled up. Or believed in your Charmander more.

Bulbasaur is at least imaginative though. Ekans is just a snake. Also the typings in Gen I clearly has zero thought put into it.
Also, question: is the relationship between salamanders and fire common knowledge or what?

I picked Charizard. Though admittedly Blastoise's cannons are crazy awesome and I consider him the most American Pokémon. Also picked Charizard again in Y. He is the only that gets two different Mega forms, so that's basically Nintendo admitting he's the best even though Megavolutions or whatever are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

Shadow0 posted:

Ekans is just a snake.

It's also snake spelled backwards. And arbok is kobra. They got really lazy with those ones.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What did you evolve Eevee into? Explain why.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
fags

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

flareon because gently caress you

i also already had my blastoise and zapdos so it made sense to get a fire type

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

symbolic posted:

flareon because gently caress you

Your pokemon turned out lovely because you probably didn't raise them with love.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Your pokemon turned out lovely because you probably didn't raise them with love.
i loved them like they were my children, excuse you

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Either Bulbasaur or Charmander. I doubt I used any of them after getting psychic types.

I've never played anything beyond Red and Blue.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
I picked the one with the biggest tits and hardest dick

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

les fleurs du mall posted:

I picked the one with the biggest tits and hardest dick
i''m not a pokemon though

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
*child in school* Thats stupid we didnt come from apes evolution is bogus

*caterpie evolves into Metapod* now i get it

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i picked pikachu because you could only pick pikachu and the first gym was ground pokemoon #FML

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
there are only 151 pokemon

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

I doubt I used any of them after getting psychic types.

whjat the gently caress

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I made a full team of eevees of different evolutions, named after Power Rangers. Tommy, Jason, Kimberly, etc.

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Putty posted:

there are only 151 pokemon

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There are 152 pokemon. I count missingno.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
once i got an Alakazam i never used any starter pokemon, or any other pokemons at all. Psybeam kills everything in one hit, owned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RA8UwSTDZE

SvenRichter
Apr 5, 2015

Look at my face.
Only ever Pikachu

SvenRichter
Apr 5, 2015

Look at my face.

HJE-Cobra posted:

I made a full team of eevees of different evolutions, named after Power Rangers. Tommy, Jason, Kimberly, etc.

Wish I could build a full team of eeeveees if you know what I mean. :circlefap:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Attitude Indicator posted:

I didn't choose any of them, i've never played a pokemans game, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wow look at this idiot hey?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

SvenRichter posted:

Wish I could build a full team of eeeveees if you know what I mean. :circlefap:

do not have sex with pokemon

SvenRichter
Apr 5, 2015

Look at my face.

Putty posted:

eeeveee not eevee

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Hector Beerlioz posted:

also the water one, bc when given a choice, water was pretty much the best and coolest in every case

also probably used the water legendary bird but i can't remember

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Putty posted:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

dugtrio was absolutely, and by a large margin, the best pokemon

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Purple jinx isn't the real jinx

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
I picked bulbasaur and all my idiot friends got pokemon blue and picked squirtle. I got red because scyther is the superior pokemon in all gen 1 discussions and you could only get him in red without trading. Then I didn't go outside after school for like two days and severely outleveled them all and venusaur and other evolved pokemon trashed their garbage teams so hard it wasn't even funny. Then no one played pokemon with me ever again. That's my gay pokemon story thanks for listening.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

list some of your favorite Out of the Way Pokemon, such as:

snorlax
exeggutor
dugtrio
magneton
primeape
poliwrath
tentacruel
cloyster

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Harrower posted:

I picked bulbasaur and all my idiot friends got pokemon blue and picked squirtle. I got red because scyther is the superior pokemon in all gen 1 discussions and you could only get him in red without trading. Then I didn't go outside after school for like two days and severely outleveled them all and venusaur and other evolved pokemon trashed their garbage teams so hard it wasn't even funny. Then no one played pokemon with me ever again. That's my gay pokemon story thanks for listening.

The top of the mountain is a lonely place

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The new Porkiesmon games are pretty good imo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Improbable Lobster posted:

The new Porkiesmon games are pretty good imo

you don't need "new" pokemon games. there is a program that scrambles and randomizes all the old games, so all the pokemon/trainers/items/etc are in different spots and it becomes an entirely different game. if you are particularly adventurous you can scramble the pokemons stats, so that they learn different moves, have different elements, etc and are essentially different pokemon that you have to figure out on your own. that way guides and FAQs are useless and you have to play the game fresh:

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nomadologique posted:

list some of your favorite Out of the Way Pokemon, such as:

snorlax
exeggutor
dugtrio
magneton
primeape
poliwrath
tentacruel
cloyster
nidoking, always

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Bulbasaur and charmander were poo poo because they were both dual types (Charmander was part flying as Charizard). Squirtle remained pure and had less weaknesses as a result.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I liked throwing rocks at pokemon in the safari zone

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Rutibex posted:

you don't need "new" pokemon games. there is a program that scrambles and randomizes all the old games, so all the pokemon/trainers/items/etc are in different spots and it becomes an entirely different game. if you are particularly adventurous you can scramble the pokemons stats, so that they learn different moves, have different elements, etc and are essentially different pokemon that you have to figure out on your own. that way guides and FAQs are useless and you have to play the game fresh:

http://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Sorry but I'm not autistic

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i dont believe you

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

are you sure? it's a wide spectrum, and you are already playing pokemon games. what are your feelings about sonic?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Rutibex posted:

are you sure? it's a wide spectrum, and you are already playing pokemon games. what are your feelings about sonic?

SONICS ARMS ARENT SUPPOSED TO BE BLUE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bulbasaur because the first two gym leaders used rock and water

git gud scrub

e: pokemon gold I chose the fire one and powerleveled it, then FLamethrowered everything to death. everything

• Locked thread