Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
I thought the rating was for how implody you were for daemons and how far out your not-soul extends, but you were immune no matter what rating?
Depends on what version LowellDND rolls with, same for the Fellowship.

Man, you explain much more thoroughly than I do, but you're kinda missing the bit where channeling the Warp through a Machine buffer is a Daemon Engine and it's what the Dark Mechanicus does. We'd be a special archetype in BC for it, Idolitrex Magos of Forge Polix.

If we do go Psyker totally get the Lady Gaga spars, they rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I wish we could tap into WAAAGH!! instead...

Replace body part with Orks Artifacts.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Arkanomen inadvertently reminded me that we can't become a psyker without extensive surgery. Ohone has an implanted null field generator in her head.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
^^: Should be simple enough to install an on/off toggle to the side of our skull.

Nyaa posted:

I wish we could tap into WAAAGH!! instead...

Replace body part with Orks Artifacts.

That would only allow us to tap into a waaagh that would only work if there were a large number of orks/people that firmly believed in what we were doing....

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Outrail posted:

That would only allow us to tap into a waaagh that would only work if there were a large number of orks/people that firmly believed in what we were doing....
... We did make a bunch of dreg believes in our husband...

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nyaa posted:

... We did make a bunch of dreg believes in our husband...

That was what I was getting at. They're already calming the warp, imagine if they could power something.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Holy crap, what if we can create our own version of the Shadow in the Warp? Only instead of blanking it out, it totally calms it around the ship?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
Abrogates are already doing it. Problem is the abrogates are an abomination of a cult, and so are all the other options we can think of that work similarly.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
I'm telling you guys: Peace Gun. It'll totally work.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Tran posted:

Abrogates are already doing it. Problem is the abrogates are an abomination of a cult, and so are all the other options we can think of that work similarly.

Put them in matrix style sleep/dream pods. Saves space so we can maximize efficiency. Could probably make them aware of it and they'd still be cool. Maybe partially servitorized skulls would be more efficient?

Doesn't make it better but... Eh.

Does the warp exist in areas without sentient life? This is actually an important question.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Outrail posted:

Does the warp exist in areas without sentient life? This is actually an important question.
How would we know?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lot of good discussion here :allears: :3: I've got one more assignment Im doing tomorrow morning, and then we can get this going :D

Also! Because of all of our Grey Knight training, Im giving you One Free Willpower Advance!

edit: Interestingly, that makes it our highest stat :D

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 30, 2015

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

The other possibility, 180 from the psyker thing.
I think we could do more to get in touch with our goddess, Athena. Since we have a connection and appear to be something like her right hand or champion, I think we should pick up Cog Whisperer: Athena. It makes sense, considering we have a direct line to her in our head, and she occasionally helps out. Its cheap for what it does(300), the free +10 in our dealings with her includes social interactions, and the fate-point power will be pretty crucial in fixing her up later(assuming golgotha survives).

Taking that a step further, it could be appropriate to ask lowell for permission to take Pure Faith as an elite advance(in athena, as an extension of the Omnissiah, and thus the emperor). Along with cog whisperer, it would be a really nice way to solidify that bond as her champion into something potent, and I mean besides being a talking head. notable powers: the ability to spend a fate point to not gain insanity/corruption from an encounter. If anything, I see ohone's mental issues being a problem in the future, and also a good motivation to drive her closer to her goddess.

Not aligning ourselves as a totally indespensible captain of a sacred ark mechanicus before heading to mars at all. No siree. Just something to thing on.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

LowellDND posted:

Also! Because of all of our Grey Knight training, Im giving you One Free Willpower Advance!

edit: Interestingly, that makes it our highest stat :D
:D Well, it's be a shame to let that munificence go to waste, we have to take something that will use that!
Be a Psyker.
and then

TheParadigm posted:

I think we could do more to get in touch with our goddess, Athena. Since we have a connection and appear to be something like her right hand or champion, I think we should pick up Cog Whisperer: Athena. It makes sense, considering we have a direct line to her in our head, and she occasionally helps out. Its cheap for what it does(300), the free +10 in our dealings with her includes social interactions, and the fate-point power will be pretty crucial in fixing her up later(assuming golgotha survives).

Taking that a step further, it could be appropriate to ask lowell for permission to take Pure Faith as an elite advance(in athena, as an extension of the Omnissiah, and thus the emperor). Along with cog whisperer, it would be a really nice way to solidify that bond as her champion into something potent, and I mean besides being a talking head. notable powers: the ability to spend a fate point to not gain insanity/corruption from an encounter. If anything, I see ohone's mental issues being a problem in the future, and also a good motivation to drive her closer to her goddess.

Not aligning ourselves as a totally indespensible captain of a sacred ark mechanicus before heading to mars at all. No siree. Just something to thing on.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

TheParadigm posted:

I'd advocate this

Unrelated- is Athena actually an Ark Mechanicus?, I mean the Imperium already has those where as Athena seems far superior- like a Star Destroyer piloted by quantum SkyNet or something

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

No, Athena is not an Ark. The Ark Mechanicus is a designation given to ships and fleets created by the early cult of Mars to find lost technology. The Arks were created to FIND something like Athena, as their entire reason for existing was to locate an intact STC.

Coincidentally, this means that if they hear the message we'll have every one still functional returning to Golgotha to take part in the battles.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I have to admit that I'm kind of worried that Cog Whisperer means we're going to start trying to neg on Athena or other skeezy, Dark Mechanicus PUA techniques.

And if we have True Faith in anyone, it should be ourselves. We've already built a cult and made a Saint, so what does that make us?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Rockopolis posted:

And if we have True Faith in anyone, it should be ourselves. We've already built a cult and made a Saint, so what does that make us?

That was pretty much the angle i was going for, but you put it way simpler than was thinking at the time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Ok, so we ask CS to create a probe that has no organics or machine spirit, just a video recorder with sound. Then we throw it into the warp and pick it up later. If the warp goes quiet as it moves away from us we can conclude that the warp is powered by sentient souls (or their facsimile),and that the way forward is to erase all life from the Galaxy.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Let's not go full Necron.
On that note, I'm expecting the Necrons to pop up on Mars.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Assuming you can even recover the probe, why bother with the camera pict-caster?

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 30, 2015

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rockopolis posted:

Assuming you can even recover the probe, why bother with the camera pict-caster? Where it's going, you won't need eyes to see.

(don't we have a smiley for Event Horizon?)

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Perfect, thanks!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Just plowed through this, don't suppose we know enough forbidden lore that next time we get a super generic "join us for everything you could ever want" offer from the warp we could possibly go "No, and frankly if I ever did decide something was worth inevitably getting turned into a tortured pawn for I'd sooner start eating human flesh and ordering everything in sets of 11."
Honestly I think there were times where if Malal came a-knocking Ohone would've taken the offer in a heartbeat processing cycle though not so much at this particular moment.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

reignonyourparade posted:

Just plowed through this, don't suppose we know enough forbidden lore that next time we get a super generic "join us for everything you could ever want" offer from the warp we could possibly go "No, and frankly if I ever did decide something was worth inevitably getting turned into a tortured pawn for I'd sooner start eating human flesh and ordering everything in sets of 11."
Honestly I think there were times where if Malal came a-knocking Ohone would've taken the offer in a heartbeat processing cycle though not so much at this particular moment.

You realize that Malal keeps it 100 and I would be 1000% on board with becoming a Demon Prince of Malal.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Does Malal exist? Malal would be the first to assure you he doesn't. Ergo Malal has no daemon princes, because he'd have to be real to make them.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Malal is the chaos god of Chaos-fighting-itself, Necoho is supposed to be the Chaos god of atheism.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tran posted:

Does Malal exist? Malal would be the first to assure you he doesn't. Ergo Malal has no daemon princes, because he'd have to be real to make them.

:)

Does Kozilek exist?

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

Skellybones posted:

Malal is the chaos god of Chaos-fighting-itself, Necoho is supposed to be the Chaos god of atheism.

Yeah, I forgot the distinction between various also-ran old chaos gods.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tran posted:

We were told to list any kind of gear we might want to get from the Malleus stronghold, so big list of daemon hunting gear:

Dark Heresy - Inquisitor's Handbook
  • Hexagramatic Wards - Resistance to psyker powers and allows armor to block demonic claws.
  • Sanctified Weapons - For anything that we can't get relics, we want this. Not as good, but still hurts chaos stuff.
  • Psycannon Bolts - Special ammo for our chest bolter that does extreme damage to psykers and demons.
  • Calixian Black Grimoire - A general "Heresy and You" inquisitor's manual.

Dark Heresy - Daemon Hunter
  • Heavy Incinerators - To replace our flamers. Better versions that also burn away sorcery & demons.
  • Grimoire of True Names - Helps us research specific demons so we can better kill them.
  • Malleus Armor Warding - Inflicts minor damage on demons striking our armor.
  • Melanchromic Organ - A space marine cybernetic that greatly improves toughness. We already have black carapace, so...
  • Personal Teleporter - Because walking is for plebs.
  • Psyk-Out Grenades - Fills the area with a cloud of dust that does awful things to psykers.
  • Other Space Marine Augments, same book.
  • Larraman's Organ - Extra Heart, protects against blood loss
  • Catalepsean Node - Ignore the effects of sleep-deprivation
  • Omophagea - Eat brains, steal their secrets.
  • Sus-an Membrane - Enter suspended animation at will.
  • Neuroglottis - Improved scent/taste memory. Can detect poisons and track like a bloodhound.
  • Betcher's Gland - Can spit acid.

Rogue Trader - Faith & Coin
  • Ashen Skull - More protection against psyker/demon mind control.
  • Catechisms of Saint Drusus - Our cult is based in part on Drusian's teachings. Useful inspiration tool.
  • Drusine Incense - The smoke forces demons to materialize, weakening their defenses.

If I forgot anything, point it out.

Edit: ↓↓↓ Added additional space marine augments by request. All others reproduce effects our own augments already give.

Sure.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

K, OP of links updated. Tran, at some point I want to steal you for updating the gear/stat mods.

Next up, getting the vote count.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

more training

Random Paul
Waci
hollylolly
bb rod
paradigm
plc
wentley
deadmeat5150
paragon
maxhush
sniper
sheep
dog kisser
xun
ralith
toughy

Train neo Krieg
Tran

mars
sullat

-

psyker
the paradigm
van sandman
tran
ser spook
randbom paul
rockopolis

tech psyker
morand
nyaa

not psyker
lct
rahul
kinetica
maxhus
sniper
sheep
dog kisser
xun
ark
hex
ralith
there bias two
oasx
holly
waci
toughy
ghostwoods

be a blank
rockopolis

not blank
waci

saint
nyaa

-

swing to using infamy/audacity
the paradigm
plc
van sandman
kinetica

-

Big list today :D Got some errands, but Ill brainstorm a training montage.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwuYX3fZZc

Except we're both of them.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

LowellDND posted:

K, OP of links updated. Tran, at some point I want to steal you for updating the gear/stat mods.

A Null Rod from Into the Storm would be handy to carry around. exotic weapon, though.

If any sort of psykery or tech-psykery happens to happen, a psychic hood and psy focus together are a must for casual, safe use of it.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Everyone, Saint is an option, change your vote now!

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Ohone is no saint.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ohone is robo saint of Athena.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Derangement: Split Personalities (Ivan Drago, Rocky Balboa)

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010

Nyaa posted:

Ohone is robo saint of Athena.

Nah, leave the Saint stuff to husbando. We are many things, but saint is not among them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Well, we did start a cult dedicated to worshipping us, kinda. The whole "The Iron Maiden" thing but that's not a cult so much but rather something heading towards a holy abhuman sect. Besides, if we get saint then the Emperor himself knows and approved of what we are doing and I'm not sure if he would. Approved of Fabiyan though so who knows.