Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

lorn Wayne posted:

Repost this image in every Taint Reaper thread to receive 1000 years of spiritual protection for your taint against unwanted reapings.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

gently caress the ROW posted:

interseting words from a somethingawful moderator

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost
how many, and how much do you retards give to patreon?

This is the Kickstarter thread all over again.

Idiots giving money to bigger idiots who are better at swindling

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Hogge Wild posted:

10k a month

otoh -no joke- teh artist cuts his hand when tumblr tells him to

ya can't post this without some kinda goddamn picture

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

how many, and how much do you retards give to patreon?

This is the Kickstarter thread all over again.

Idiots giving money to bigger idiots who are better at swindling

we'll find out, sooner or later :mrgw:

I'm sure milo is on the case

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
tons of pages of bullshit and all i understand for sure is that a lot of unemployed people just got even more unemployed

and some guy with mild internet fame will go to jail soon? sounds good

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

10k a month

otoh -no joke- teh artist cuts his hand when tumblr tells him to

10k a month isn't much, after paying taxes and splitting amongst multiple people omg it's like the people who care about this poo poo are literally children with no understanding of the world

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

ashgromnies posted:

10k a month isn't much, after paying taxes and splitting amongst multiple people omg it's like the people who care about this poo poo are literally children with no understanding of the world

:siren: ARE YOU INSINUATING THAT SOMEONE IS CARING ABOUT SOMETHING IN A SOMETHINGAWFUL FORUMS THREAD :siren:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

cram me sideways posted:

ya can't post this without some kinda goddamn picture

he drew a fat character not fat enough and tumblrinas started screaming at him. then he got butthurt and shitfaced and stabbed himself

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

ashgromnies posted:

That or they're fellow creatives that are bitter they haven't been able to parlay their worthless art degrees into careers and are raging against Patreon superstars for doing it the "wrong" way and not deserving their success

The worst epsode of The F-Plus is the one on Patreon because like 90% of the episode is the woman with the voice of a teenage boy having a meltdown about how unfair it is that people who make internet comics with millions of readers get to make minimum wage off of it while she can't support herself off of her crappy blobby cartoon animals

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ashgromnies posted:

how many people does it take to make a web comic

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Parallax Scroll posted:

how many people does it take to make a web comic

with this kind of quality I'm thinking a studio of at least 50 people

gibb3h
Jul 15, 2014

Sleeveless posted:

That or they're fellow creatives that are bitter they haven't been able to parlay their worthless art degrees into careers and are raging against Patreon superstars for doing it the "wrong" way and not deserving their success

The worst epsode of The F-Plus is the one on Patreon because like 90% of the episode is the woman with the voice of a teenage boy having a meltdown about how unfair it is that people who make internet comics with millions of readers get to make minimum wage off of it while she can't support herself off of her crappy blobby cartoon animals

Web comic artist spotted.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
that questionable content guy was making his lovely comic for years before patreon was a thing I sincerely doubt he's broken minimum wage for hours invested / money returned.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
why do you think that making that poo poo comic takes a lot of time

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

wtf is pateron

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

ThePriceIsRight posted:

wtf is pateron

an anagram of Paterno, makes u think especially with all the cp allegations levelled at the site :tinfoil:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

Can you take screenshots and post here taint cause im just not getting it. Afaik patreon is just a platform to set up consistent donations to people who do stuff like make webcomics or program or get driven from their homes, what exactly is being exposed? I think iv'e seen patreons before where only the donors get access to the content being produced, did the hackers find a bunch of cp groups or something?
no one has clarified this yet, where are the hardcore gamergaters that have all the 4chan screencaps to show me what this thread is about. I still don't see how hacking patreon has resulted in anything other than billing addresses of people being exposed.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
i could go for a bonfire of the vanities right now

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The webcomics and accusations of pedophilia aside, I'm concerned about the op's casual anti-gypsy racism.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
whats this thread about

*checks taint*

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Moola posted:

whats this thread about

*checks taint*

nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Psalms 126:5

They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
hay guys

https://www.patreon.com/fluffle_puff?ty=h

this is a patreon for a guy that makes flash animations of a retarded my little pony with extremely long hair

that's really it.

$1,093 a month.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Hogge Wild posted:

ohh II corinthians 12:20

For I fear, lest, when I come. I shall not find you such as I would

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

itt: a bunch of nazis found a pedophile or two and expect people to forget they're nazis

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
im really glad i limit all of my net traffick to forums.somethingawful.com and mulattos.xhamster.com

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

papa_november posted:

itt: a bunch of nazis found a pedophile or two and expect people to forget they're nazis
If someone's a nazi they're well into their 80's at this point.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

psalms is a long rear end book

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

There are some new nazis. It's like a 20 yr old Beatlemaniac; they may not have been there at the time when it mattered, but they still do all the same stuff.

has anyone brought up that the #1 patreon account is someone who mostly draws sexy disney characters

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

my grandpa fought the nazis and he only died this year. there must be some nazi youth bouncing around somewhere

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wulfolme posted:

There are some new nazis. It's like a 20 yr old Beatlemaniac; they may not have been there at the time when it mattered, but they still do all the same stuff.

But being a nazi isn't a crime unless you destroy property or do something that falls under the US Hate Crime laws.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

Being a nazi isn't a crime unless you destroy property or do something that falls under the US Hate Crime laws.

why are we even discussing this i don't see how it's even relevant i thought we were making throwaway jokes but now youre taking this seriously or something cut it out

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wulfolme posted:

why are we even discussing this i don't see how it's even relevant i thought we were making throwaway jokes but now youre taking this seriously or something cut it out

I am stating facts, nothing more

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

But being a nazi isn't a crime unless you destroy property or do something that falls under the US Hate Crime laws.

the government can't do anything. the rest of us can hate you and call you an rear end in a top hat

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the government can't do anything. the rest of us can hate you and call you an rear end in a top hat

Such bravery. Brings tears to mein eyes.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

The Taint Reaper posted:

Such bravery. Brings tears to mein eyes.

the nazis were monsters

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the joke is that poo poo doesn't have eyes nor is it capable of crying

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I can only assume the hack released private messages between the buyers and the artists, or maybe the artists were posting clean sparkly images yet using some kind of keywords to alert pedos to come to them?

Pedo illuminati?

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

gleebster posted:

The webcomics and accusations of pedophilia aside, I'm concerned about the op's casual anti-gypsy racism.

Good point, it's like op doesn't take the gypo menace seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
Nap Ghost

rock rock posted:

Good point, it's like op doesn't take the gypo menace seriously.

gypos aren't a thing in the US

• Locked thread