Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
All the cars ran on those bumper car electric cables instead of gasoline because there were no fossil fuels in the alternate universe where dinosaurs never went extinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Gotta go fast - Super Morio

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
If it was the future then why didn't everyone just ride Teslas?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
we need to close the devolution ray gap between america and the koopa kingdom

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
then what powered the elericity

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Oh my god JC, a bomb! -- Super Maurice O'Brothers

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It wasn't the future it was the present in a different place at a different time because a Mario movie these days would star Ron Jeremy but it was made in the 80s but it should still star Ron Jeremy.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

u ever notice how mario is a plumber but u never see any dookie where's the dookie mario

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I'll rip your head off and poo poo down your neck -- Maury Bruvva

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

*mario plunges a toilet and a shell comes out* mamma mia

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

super mario 3 boss idea for when the game is redone: flushed paper towel

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
fossil fuels arent from dinosaurs you turdlord. coal is from plant matter from mostly the carboniferous and oil and gas are mostly from myriad marine organisms from probably even pre-cambrian times but certainly all the phanerozoic eras and beyond

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hey, listen! -- Marty O. Bathers

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Look at all dat JUICE! -- Amor Ieoh

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

concerned mom posted:

fossil fuels arent from dinosaurs you turdlord. coal is from plant matter from mostly the carboniferous and oil and gas are mostly from myriad marine organisms from probably even pre-cambrian times but certainly all the phanerozoic eras and beyond

Well there wouldn't be those either because it's implied the alternate universe wasn't settled until the end of the dinosaur times..

Over There posted:

Nuclear power.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
if you think about it that moon on saturn or whatever with the vast deep oceans, if it has life and possibly tectonic movement, it would have so much oil you'd end up with there will be blood in space

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Still waiting for the sequal

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I was an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee -- Merry O'Rutthers

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Still waiting for the Squall

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If Koopa took over the mushroom kingdom via a violent military coup (as seen at the start if the movie) and became dictator for life then why are there those huge VOTE FOR KOOPA posters in the background all through the movie?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If Koopa took over the mushroom kingdom via a violent military coup (as seen at the start if the movie) and became dictator for life then why are there those huge VOTE FOR KOOPA posters in the background all through the movie?

Like many real life dictators, I suspect he gets 101% of the vote.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

concerned mom posted:

if you think about it that moon on saturn or whatever with the vast deep oceans, if it has life and possibly tectonic movement, it would have so much oil you'd end up with there will be blood in space

you dont need life if your going to saturn for hydro carbons. Titan has literal lakes of propane on the surface

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015

Over There posted:

You just have to trap a Koopa Troopa in between two blocks. The rest is magic.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

you dont need life if your going to saturn for hydro carbons. Titan has literal lakes of propane on the surface

HankHillcryingtearsofjoy.gif

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield? -- Mary Hose

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"It's a me, Mario" -Soundic Hedge

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

"I'mma gonna win" - super mario brothers from the mario arty

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

interesting fact about this flick: the small head guys from super mario brtohers hosed hard and swift and fast shooting ropes into cloacas of each other and gave bird to dana carvey in master of disguise

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A reminder that Bob Hoskins hated making that film more than anything in his life:

Bob Hoskins posted:

The worst thing I ever did? Super Mario Brothers. It was a fuckin' nightmare. The whole experience was a nightmare. It had a husband-and-wife team directing, whose arrogance had been mistaken for talent. After so many weeks their own agent told them to get off the set! Fuckin' nightmare. Fuckin' idiots.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I've been misquoted

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
"I'm stealing the peaches" -King Bowow

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I still haven't figured out why they had Princess Daisy in the film instead of Princess Peach.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I still haven't figured out why they had Princess Daisy in the film instead of Princess Peach.

Copyright issues.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im p. sure that the squeal that lives in marioland only goes by leon. please get your mario lore stragiht

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

quakster posted:

im p. sure that the squeal that lives in marioland only goes by leon. please get your mario lore stragiht

what happened to ur av

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

The movie is based in the Super Mario Land universe which explains the pyramids and

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The only Super Mario Bros film I acknowledge is スーパー マリオ ブラザーズ ピーチ姫救出大作戦! (Sūpā Mario Burazāzu Pīchi-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!) which was released in 1986 in GLORIOUS NIPPON and the baka gaijin live action movie is dead to me. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpRYwNviSus

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

super mario should be celebrated as a cultural icon to show just how high a lowly italiano can grow

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I was very young and I got a luigi figurine from the movie and it was only when I grew up that I realised I had owned a John Leguizamo action figure.

Edit:vv wowza.

Joust fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Oct 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Joust posted:

I was very young and I got a luigi figurine for the movie and it was only when I grew up that I realised I had owned a John Leguizamo action figure.

Well at least it wasn't a Fisher Stevens action figure

• Locked thread