Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'M UNDYNE AND I'M PILING ON THE SMOOCHES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
tbqh kissing undyne is a terrifying prospect

that rampant enthusiasm and those huge teeth strikes me as a catastrophe waiting to happen

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Does Blooky say anything in the post game if you stole his name in the naming screen?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

I just watched the true ending again, this time via Voidburger recorded stream. Like the fifth time, but I teared up again anyway. I'm such a wiener. :shobon:

What kind of loving monster would choose not to comfort and forgive him, is what I want to know right now.

I did not :twisted:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i can't find any obvious holes in the logic here regarding gaster and the core, but i'm also really tired

any thoughts?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been playing this and it's one of the most charming games with a fun combat system I've played in a good while. I'm doing pacifist for first run and with some of the stuff I've read, I dunno if I want to do Genocide or can stomach it, rather. Especially if it means killing sans.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Tollymain posted:

i can't find any obvious holes in the logic here regarding gaster and the core, but i'm also really tired

any thoughts?

Everything relating to Gaster is vague enough to gin up a dozen plausible-sounding theories on the nature of his experiments and his disappearance. I doubt there's ever going to be a true and definite answer.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I'm not a great artist, but I feel like this art crossover needed to be made.

http://imgur.com/H8ZchdC (I can't seem to grab the direct link on the imgur mobile app)

.. The idea is there at least?

Lysdexique
Sep 12, 2010

Let me give you some advice, little buddy.

SynthOrange posted:

NGAHHH!!!!NGAHHH!!!!NGAHHH!!!!NGAHHH!!!!

Yo thas one hot hotsmilie

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
i just started the super pacifist route and uh that event with papyrus and undyne's house was spectacular, it's exactly how i go to the bathroom also

i kinda like these blokes, shame that my dealings with a demonic world-eater thing will probably end terribly for them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

(X)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Why is Toriel not the teacher that doesn't even make sense it is like the most obvious thing in the world.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

oh my goooood :3:

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Why is Toriel not the teacher that doesn't even make sense it is like the most obvious thing in the world.

It would make sense, but it'd also put a blockade on the shipping fleet. Ain't nothing stopping them now!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
please no more of that

that's the pinnacle of fanart

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Asgore is the principal, the school is known only as "School" :tem:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 6, 2015

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

ConanThe3rd posted:

And when they graduate that, if they want a higher education, they can go to the new "High School"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Tem hav 2 pay 4... PUBLIK SCOOL!!!1 :tem:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Serenade posted:

And when they graduate that, if they want a higher education, they can go to the new "High School"

# We all love deer Principal Asgore...
But-we-all-totaly-agree-that-he-shouldn't-be-naming-stuff #

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

ConanThe3rd posted:

He can't make a single public speech because he keeps getting boo'd offstage by Toriel

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

dasmause posted:

He can't make a single public speech because he keeps getting boo'd offstage by Toriel

The incident with Human High (also named by Asgore) weighs heavy on him. On the bright side Asriel will get out of the hospital soon.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dasmause posted:

Nah, that's Blook doing that.

"oh, i'm sorry, i got excited, i didn't mean to ruin your speech. oh no, you're leaving the stage. oh nooooooo..."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Kitfox88 posted:

Every time I see those stupid loving fake names for him I bust out laughing. Goddammit. :tem:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I always love that Hots Coldman is one of the names give to him.

Wonder if it possible to do a true pacifism ending if you only kill Jerry?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

ConanThe3rd posted:

But how do we reconcile Principal Asgore with student Toriel?

My solution is to make everybody except Frisk/Monster Kid/other actual children part of the staff. Sans could be a super-chill science teacher, Papyrus and Undyne would be an overenthusiastic gym teacher duo, Toriel could teach English, and Alphys would be a janitor and/or shop class teacher who builds weird poo poo out of trash. And then that one bear who really loves politics would teach social studies/civics.

Or maybe instead of the principal Asgore is the captain of the school football team, the Football Team.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 6, 2015

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When I first encountered Heats Flamesman, I thought that the game did something like give him a random fire-themed name that's different for every person playing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Why isn't Undyne wearing that delinquent jacket.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Why did I do this? What a fail.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Why isn't Undyne wearing that delinquent jacket.

Because she's all about LAW and ORDER delivered in the most HOT BLOODED way possible.

She totally has a long badass jacket that she wears outside of school. That's a given.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

The only true bad end.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Oh man I never realized how many David Ryder names are perfect for that character.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Pakled posted:

When I first encountered Heats Flamesman, I thought that the game did something like give him a random fire-themed name that's different for every person playing.

I was expecting his name to come up in a second round of Mettaton's trivia. I figured the first one with Alpyhs helping you was sort of a "hey, starting paying attention, you'll be quizzed again later, and without help."

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Luneshot posted:

Oh man I never realized how many David Ryder names are perfect for that character.

That's the MST3K running gag, right?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

So apparently Temmie can kill you in one hit if you deny her the item she raises the price for

That's interesting

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Beautiful. :tem:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

the original hot hotbaby

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

dasmause posted:

So apparently Temmie can kill you in one hit if you deny her the item she raises the price for

That's interesting

Did you just hear that, or did you see it happen? Because I've denied her price raises and nothing happened, she just got all pouty and went back to the default price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

YggiDee posted:

Did you just hear that, or did you see it happen? Because I've denied her price raises and nothing happened, she just got all pouty and went back to the default price.

I just read it on reddit, didn't test
Not immediately, but after you get a "You will regret this." message, next Temmie encounter can kill you

• Locked thread