Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

:shittydog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I turn on disgaea 5 and the first thing I am greeted with is a barrage of tits and boobies.

Also the "collectable box" is a load of poo poo it's just regular cardboard!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--MeKE_OUNU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Disgaea guys have completely lost their minds.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

OOOOO-HO-HO-HO-HO

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

disgaea's tutorial was full of classic anime chit chat and i have to watch my skip dialog button finger for arthritis in my old age.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I really liked Disgaea the First way back in the day (when I had more time/patience) but not enough to grind into the high hundreds let alone the thousands / 9999. Should I even bother with 5?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

play the demo and decide.

i did and now i don't want it but mebbe you do.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't play disgaea but afaik grinding is unnecessary

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

p fukken gud

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

The Taint Reaper posted:

I turn on disgaea 5 and the first thing I am greeted with is a barrage of tits and boobies.

Also the "collectable box" is a load of poo poo it's just regular cardboard!

Purchase validated.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Red Magnus and Seraphina are the only characters that matter

Christo the gay demon is just Jade from Tales of the Abyss

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Literally the only cardboard box a video i watched in these threads thus far

cba all of your videos should be like this imo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/10/06/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-fob-insurance-now-for-sale/

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Chris Roberts now works for Konami

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New Law and Order game looking good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2GMPVXLGbk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsYRoHtLnL4

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Pretty sure Wet Hot American Summer is just moving to a new medium

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Motto posted:

I don't play disgaea but afaik grinding is unnecessary

Yeah the item world and post-game donjons are there for insane people who want to put 1000 hours into the game, they're not necessary.

To be honest I quite liked the look and gameplay of Disgaea but the story was incredibly terrible and tedious, and I was told they only get worse from there, so I have zero interest in playing any of the other entries.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i have a very high tolerance for bad plots and writing, and am enjoying disgaea 5. but i really have been starved for strategy rpgs this year, so it might be a case of any port in a storm

i quite enjoy it so far

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

banner saga was good but like all trpgs i played through like 25 missions and saw enough

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
yeah its easy to burn out on tac rpgs

fire emblem games are things that i love but can never beat because of burn out

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

program666 posted:

* people trying to be good conscious consumers *
Precision: what a bunch of dumb retards

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I haven't played it cuz I'm not spending more money on a bad game I did not like, not out of any sort of spite. I would rather spend money on things I do like

DLC is a fuzzy area these days, but what I was saying, is that the tone and writing of the Citadel DLC - which should be considered as essentially a separate game from ME3 that just uses the same engine, as it uses none of the same areas, but since it's "DLC" you're making the mistake of considering it to be "the same game" as ME3 - is very different to what people consider bad about ME3, and as such, you might enjoy it, and refusing to even check it out isn't retarded but it is denying yourself something you might like.

Is all. :shrug:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hubris.height posted:

yeah its easy to burn out on tac rpgs

fire emblem games are things that i love but can never beat because of burn out

I think disgaea, at least the first one, is easier to blast thru because it's closer to a traditional JRPG than a truly tactical RPG, what with the very low punishments for failure vs permanent unit death that's so common in other series. Disgaea also doesn't ever have you reach a point where your army is too poorly optimized to win, since you can go back and grind anytime and there's no downside (unlike X-com or w/e).

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
oh definitely. disgaea also has the appeal of being relatively short, you can blast through those games if you commit to it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/02/assassins-creed-marketing/

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
ME3 Citadel is good. Buy and play it to support the creation of good things.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I got Skulls of the Shogun in a Humble Bundle, aside from the relatively clunky interface (it was a simultaneous Xbox 360/Windows Phone/Windows release and you can tell that it was made to work on touchscreens) it's a pretty solid SRPG if you're hurting.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

another option for a tac rpg is chroma squad, which is coincidentally on sale this week.

It's pretty alright.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

That is way too many unfunny words written about unfunny poo poo-tier marketing.

Sleeveless posted:

I got Skulls of the Shogun in a Humble Bundle, aside from the relatively clunky interface (it was a simultaneous Xbox 360/Windows Phone/Windows release and you can tell that it was made to work on touchscreens) it's a pretty solid SRPG if you're hurting.

It was also a free release on PSN and I think it's on iOS now too. A million ways to play an enjoyable if light SRPG.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
so in summary, if you like disgaea games, it might be worth picking up. but if you just want a jrpgs, there's those suggestions that were posted.

i'll have to try chroma squad, i remember hearing about that but never looked into it

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

bloodychill posted:

That is way too many unfunny words written about unfunny poo poo-tier marketing.

teaboo-ism is the cancer of our age IMO

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

icantfindaname posted:

teaboo-ism is the cancer of our age IMO

nope I am sure it you. stop posting please.

the fact you tried to start a forum war with the internet critic's thread and the anime subforum is telling that you need to get a life.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 7, 2015

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Lurdiak posted:

I want chess 64 but with homestar runner characters.

Dammit, now I do, too.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Cyron posted:

nope I am sure it you. stop posting please.

the fact you tried to start a forum war with the internet critic's thread and the anime subforum is telling that you need to get a life.

:eyepop:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Remember the Final Fantasy V remake recently released on steam?

I'm just impressed that there's an image upscaling algorithm called WAIFU2X now.

bloodychill posted:

The end is alright, but it's mostly because Ubi took the site down so all those unfunny words are all we have left of the saddest AAA marketing stunt since the HOMEFRONT BALLOON PARTY

I’m baffled. There’s no reason for this to exist. It’s not going to help in the quest to raise awareness of a game that everyone already knows too much about, but it’s just about cheap and nasty enough to rub off on Syndicate like an overexcited aristocrat on his startled maidservant. The ugliness is contagious.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is there a site that has high res box art for Playstatin 1 games?

Something that is not Cover Project and more along the lines of Nintandbox but for Sony. Sony seems strangely absent from box art archives, I mean I've even found a site that has archives of the entire dreamcast library to make replica jewel cases out of.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Remember the Final Fantasy V remake recently released on steam?

It looks like a low-effort port of the Android version, just like all the other recent Final Fantasy steam ports.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's like Square-Enix has a long history of making questionable business choices, or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh sweet, Broken Age and Super Meat Boy are free for PS+ Vita now. two games i wanted to play but never wanted to give money to.

e: and the new soundtrack for SMB is loving AMAZING :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ekster posted:

It's like Square-Enix has a long history of making questionable business choices, or something.

Porting Final Fantasy games to every platform under the sun is probably pretty lucrative, but I have no clue why they pay those people to "modernize" the mobile version graphics instead of just porting existing ones

• Locked thread