Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Piers Morgan losing his mind over the Arse not getting Klopp is mighty tasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

sassassin posted:

Klopp's Kop Flop?

Klopp's Kop Top?

I look forward to the Sun telling us all about the German turning up the heat when Spurs hit the showers after the next game.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

blue footed boobie posted:

I'm still blown away that klopp actually agreed to manage Liverpool

Why?

Is he supposed to sit and wait for a big club forever?

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

excuse me lady posted:

Liverpool have got a better array of forwards than anyone in the league except city so if klopp can get them firing they should be alright. At least be entertaining to watch if they can't defend either

wrong thread

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

brocked posted:

wrong thread

Sturridge Benteke Ings Origi. City have Aguero, sure, but who else would you take over a fit Sturridge in this league?

We have a lot of garbageman players but strikers is not it.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

The Big Taff Man posted:

Why?

Is he supposed to sit and wait for a big club forever?

I think it's because Klopp won't end up ay Bayern and ephex doesn't like Klopp.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ninpo is a good hearted passionate lad who loves the Manchester reds (and hell, who doesnt) but at no point has he slagged off Klopp, he's slated Liverpools squad, their academy, and their scouting system tho as well as saying Liverpool wont finish 4th.

Dont be so keen to slate poor gentle Ninpo

I am also on the Ninpo train.

If I remember correctly, Klopp was my first choice to replace Ferguson after he left (although this was before he got sussed by the Bundesliga), and he's a good lad who is by far and away the best Liverpool could have brought in to replace Rodgers.

At the same time, he's not a magical football elf who can make a team that's About As Good As Tottenham and has significant structural problems into world-beaters, certainly not in the short-term, and not without the Americans being willing to throw more money at the problem. My worry for him is that he'll fall into the same trap as a few of the previous Liverpool managers (perhaps even including Brendan) where the fans will be quite reasonable in principle about the idea that they're not going to make the top four, but then on matchdays they still expect Anfield to be a fortress and to win every game save maybe against Chelsea and City. Even if Klopp does sensible things and makes good investments, the gloss is going to fade very quickly on him if he's getting turned over at home by Alan Pardew.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

We gave Rodgers almost 4 years, he was the second longest tenured manager after Wengy, and in the end he was sacked for relegation form over like 10 months. Come on FLJ.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at the man utd fans being upset at liverpool getting klopp

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Jose posted:

You scared me there for a second

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I hope it's just internet hype from a generation predisposed to "feels", but I am worried that even if Klopp's ideas suit England, it's still going to take a while for the ideas to lock in and produce results and I don't know if the honeymoon phase past long enough to see it through? Rodgers got a lot of support his first season from matchgoing fans due to Hodgson being a PR disaster and the football looking prettier than it had in years, but times are different now and Hicks and Gillett are becoming distant memories. Expectations are scarily high.

How long does the usual "new manager bump" last?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
I hope klopp is cool and funny in interviews

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope he makes Jose and vg melt down all the time ftw thank u

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Jose posted:

I aint ascared :colbert:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I hope he makes Jose and vg melt down all the time ftw thank u

Chelsea will be Klopp's 3rd league game in charge so we'll find that one out soon enough (assuming Jose doesn't get sacked before then lol)

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We gave Rodgers almost 4 years, he was the second longest tenured manager after Wengy, and in the end he was sacked for relegation form over like 10 months. Come on FLJ.

That was four years that involved a title run and a return to European football, though. He's been riding that wave of goodwill for ~18 months and has been sacked sitting one point behind Spurs and level with Southampton. Describing that as "relegation form" is a bit of a stretch.

Don't get me wrong, I think if he wasn't going to go now, he would have gone sooner rather than later, but let's not pretend that the Kop is going to fistpump their way through consistent 6th-place finishes and draws against West Brom.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its true, liverpool probably will give klopp longer than moyes got

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

FullLeatherJacket posted:

That was four years that involved a title run and a return to European football, though. He's been riding that wave of goodwill for ~18 months and has been sacked sitting one point behind Spurs and level with Southampton. Describing that as "relegation form" is a bit of a stretch.

Don't get me wrong, I think if he wasn't going to go now, he would have gone sooner rather than later, but let's not pretend that the Kop is going to fistpump their way through consistent 6th-place finishes and draws against West Brom.

I'm talking about combining the start of this season with the end of the last one, which was when things really started getting poo poo. That's like 4 wins over 20 games, and we can't even beat Norwich at home any more, in the past Norwich was the happiest match day ever man there was no tension at all, that's not top 6 form, and we didn't sack him because he lost at Stamford Bridge.

Finishing 6th is fine when you're getting better and you seem to have some purpose, when you're not actively melting down on and off the pitch.

Us Liverpool fans have a lot of problems, but a lack of blind faith in our managers is not one of them lmao.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Nothing wrong with not beating Norwich at home, Sir Alex Neil has only lost one away game ever

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Man, Suarez losing his god drat mind whenever we played Norwich was the best (sorry BSE)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Blue Star Error posted:

Nothing wrong with not beating Norwich at home, Sir Alex Neil has only lost one away game ever

And Neil can blame that one on Steven Whittaker

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Man, Suarez losing his god drat mind whenever we played Norwich was the best (sorry BSE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dLiLDV6dPY

Man was an animal

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Us Liverpool fans have a lot of problems, but a lack of blind faith in our managers is not one of them lmao.

Actually, I still retain a particular fondness for the Houllier "606" years

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

I watched all of this and now I'm crying I'm glad he's dead. loving ridiculous.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
I like how by the end he's just clowning around and doing 360 no scopes

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Genuinely miss watching this guy. Brendan would still be there if he'd hung around another season.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Luís owns.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

corpuscollossus posted:

Genuinely miss watching this guy.

You can still watch him!

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Klopp isn't going to suddenly make us amazing- we don't have the squad to do that as yet. What Klopp does bring is an actual plan of how he wants his team to play which is both effective and exciting.

I just want to enjoy watching us play again :unsmith:

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

Lol I honestly feel like crying a bit when I think of how good he was for us.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can't wait to find out which Liverpool players respond best to insane amounts of drugs. I've put a cheeky tenner on Jose Enrique making a return to the starting lineup before xmas.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

sassassin posted:

Can't wait to find out which Liverpool players respond best to insane amounts of drugs. I've put a cheeky tenner on Jose Enrique making a return to the starting lineup before xmas.

He'll come back and finally fit in this shirt

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Still B.A.E posted:

Lol I honestly feel like crying a bit when I think of how good he was for us.

Every one of those goals were fantastic. Easily the most gifted player I've ever seen at Liverpool.

He hated Norwich then he died. RIP Luis.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Every single shot in that video is the kind of thing that comes off ~20% of the time even if you're the best striker in the world, except against Norwich they all nestled sweetly into the corner ffs

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Starsnostars posted:

He'll come back and finally fit in this shirt

I now remember Jay Spearing. Gonna have nightmares tonight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Every single shot in that video is the kind of thing that comes off ~20% of the time even if you're the best striker in the world, except against Norwich they all nestled sweetly into the corner ffs

at least the best goal he scored wasn't against your team

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jose posted:

at least the best goal he scored wasn't against your team

What goal was that?

The Norwich goal where he flicks it over the defenders head then volleys it in was one of my favourites.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the over the shoulder goal against newcastle

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
suarez didn't even score his best goal, kuyt did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heskie