Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Alaois posted:

Please hire Lane Kiffin, Maryland

Maryland is in the Big Ten now, they'll probably hire Chan Gailey or bring Glenn Mason out of retirement. Hell, Tim Brewster just didn't have the right situation in Minnesota, I'm sure he learned from his mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Alaois posted:

Please hire Lane Kiffin, Maryland

No, don't.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Maryland will hire some MAC coach to come and do what Purdue is doing now. That's what I hope anyway.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Maryland is in the Big Ten now, they'll probably hire Chan Gailey or bring Glenn Mason out of retirement. Hell, Tim Brewster just didn't have the right situation in Minnesota, I'm sure he learned from his mistakes.

I can think of a name of somebody with Big Ten experience that is available.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I would be so happy.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

The Maryland administration does not give a poo poo about football and neither does their fanbase. I doubt they make anything more than a decent/par hire.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Ungratek posted:

The Maryland administration does not give a poo poo about football and neither does their fanbase. I doubt they make anything more than a decent/par hire.

It's a shame considering their ever-expanding wardrobe of unis.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Maryland fires edsall

You know, I was fully prepared to feel guardedly positive overall with the way Diaco is coaching UConn and to give him until the end of next year to get to 6 wins, but this has me conflicted.

Randy, come back!

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Thoguh posted:

I can think of a name of somebody with Big Ten experience that is available.

Is that faith-healer J Leman behind the Zooker???

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Democrazy posted:

You know, I was fully prepared to feel guardedly positive overall with the way Diaco is coaching UConn and to give him until the end of next year to get to 6 wins, but this has me conflicted.

Randy, come back!

Expectations for your program must be very low if you want Edsall back instead of like trying for something better.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Ungratek posted:

and yet they pulled the trigger faster than Miami.

gently caress Miami.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Expectations for your program must be very low if you want Edsall back instead of like trying for something better.

It's UConn so...

And honestly looking at what's happened there since he left I get it.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

He's not a great coach, but he may get us to 6 or 7 wins most years, and for a smaller team in a dead-end conference in a dying football region, that's pretty good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dattserberg posted:

Is that faith-healer J Leman behind the Zooker???

I'm almost positive it is

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Faith Healer J Leman is literally a sideline reporter on the Big Ten Network, and I just keep waiting for him to ask if the training staff has pointed snake's at a running back's ligaments or something.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Some reporters talked to the coaches of teams that Texas has played this year, and boy did they talk some poo poo about Mack Brown

quote:

"In two years, Charlie could not have f----- that place up," a coach tells The Inside Read. "It was already f---- up before."

The latter was clear by the time Brown's 16-year tenure at Texas had puttered to mediocrity when he left at the end of the 2013 season. The Longhorns were never the same after their loss to Alabama in the 2009 national championship game and declined with every additional year Brown was allowed to stay.

"Mack knew the s--- going on, he just didn't want to own up to it," another coach says. "He knows what he left."

And that's a Texas-sized mess for Strong, at least in the eyes of coaches. In cleaning it up with his disciplined, blue-collar approach, he dismissed nearly a dozen players in his first season in Austin.

That's why many coaches still can't believe Strong was able to will the Longhorns to a 6–7 record last season that included a loss to Arkansas in the Texas Bowl. "(University of Texas) kids have always been entitled," another coach says. "They've been given everything. They're usually four- and five-star recruits that don't feel like they have to work. They just thought they could show up."

Also, no Longhorns getting drafted next year, which sounds about right.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Oh please in like 2 years time let there be an article where coaches trash the end of Beamer's career for being the fuckup he let it become. Oh please oh please oh please.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

Some reporters talked to the coaches of teams that Texas has played this year, and boy did they talk some poo poo about Mack Brown

Also, no Longhorns getting drafted next year, which sounds about right.

All of this sounds kind of silly and petty as gently caress.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Maryland will hire some MAC coach to come and do what Purdue is doing now. That's what I hope anyway.

Give a ton of money to a MAC coach with one good season as HC and watch him have the worst record through 28 games of any coach in over a hundred years of football at a basketball school?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mayodreams posted:

Give a ton of money to a MAC coach with one good season as HC and watch him have the worst record through 28 games of any coach in over a hundred years of football at a basketball school?

I agree with this, Maryland should hire Turner Gill.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
I can't wait for new Maryland HC Brady Hoke

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I read an article (it was more of a slideshow) this morning about Top 10 Rushing QBs by QBR because I thought Dobbs might be on it, but look who I found instead:

http://247sports.com/Gallery/400548...dseyjpg-3916948

quote:

7) Jeff Driskel | Louisiana Tech | 12.6 RUN EPA
2015 rushing stats: 44 carries, 197 yards (4.5 avg), 5 TDs

The rest of the list is pretty uneventful.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You guys, the CIVIL CONFLICT is this week!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Henchman of Santa posted:

You guys, the CIVIL CONFLICT is this week!

Quite possibly UCF's best shot at not going winless this season.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I read an article (it was more of a slideshow) this morning about Top 10 Rushing QBs by QBR because I thought Dobbs might be on it, but look who I found instead:

http://247sports.com/Gallery/400548...dseyjpg-3916948

The rest of the list is pretty uneventful.

Jeff Driskel legit is awesome at LTU which is the funniest outcome of the entire Muschamp Florida saga

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Notre Dame's going to lose to Navy.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

John Rawl Tahd posted:

Insha'Allah.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

John Rawl Tahd posted:

My boss is going to this game and is a HUGE Notre Dame fan. It would be hilarious if this happened.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

John Rawl Tahd posted:

Not likely considering how well ND handled GT.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Alaois posted:

Jeff Driskel legit is awesome at LTU which is the funniest outcome of the entire Muschamp Florida saga

every QB who left muschamp led florida is pretty good now

he was so awful

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's former third stringer put up big numbers at LTU last year, so it may just be a super easy place to play QB

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Fluffdaddy posted:

All of this sounds kind of silly and petty as gently caress.

Well the whole thing about caring which group of teenagers wins a game is silly, and getting mad at anyone over it is kind of petty. But Mack Brown did in fact allow a cancerous culture to develop in this program, to the point that even blue-chip recruits were seemingly ruined beyond repair. Many of those former coveted recruits who got dismissed or quit were playing terribly before Strong got here and have not landed at other programs. Good players can rob, rape, and punch their way through life and still get picked up by someone. Bad players who don't try and are toxic to morale get left alone. I mean there was more than just poor evaluation going on. We could not have had that many straight up busts.

On Twitter, Rod Babers reacted the article by noting that coaches who criticize Mack still feel the need to do so anonymously. Quandre Diggs (who was there for Mack's last 3 years and Strong's first, and whose attitude always stood out from the crowd) responded "a lot of it is the truth big bro don't be oblivious.. the place was a mess."

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Oct 9, 2015

LSC
Apr 17, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

My boss is a HUGE Notre Dame fan.

I've been fortunate enough to never be a direct report to an ND fan/alum. You have my condolences.

Pakled posted:

Not likely considering how well ND handled GT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AayQiOhYqac

Thoguh posted:

Insha'Allah.

A former roommate and I say this in reference to Notre Dame related things constantly.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It has come to my attention that there was once a Death Metal Bevo who stood in at the OU game when regular Bevo was indisposed. Why are we going Bevo-less when we could have this evil motherfucker on our side?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thermos H Christ posted:

It has come to my attention that there was once a Death Metal Bevo who stood in at the OU game when regular Bevo was indisposed. Why are we going Bevo-less when we could have this evil motherfucker on our side?

That thing probably killed the real Bevo

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Thermos H Christ posted:

Immortan Joe is bevo

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

mayodreams posted:

Yeah basically. I don't have a lot of respect for UMD so I'd prefer to see them just continue to flail miserably while the UA president dumps money at their awful uniforms.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

every QB who left muschamp led florida is pretty good now

he was so awful

I would be really intrigued to see Driskel in McElwains offense. He has terrible decision making but it seems this offense is build for that (when you have a RS Freshman at the helm)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Driskel made some bad choices last year but he also played like he was in front of a firing squad. poo poo like him just pulling his arm back against Mizzou and sending the ball flying backwards, along with a ton of other horrible plays, speaks a bit to the kind of attitude Muschamp had towards the offense. Not only did he shackle them in hopes of having his defense win games, but that whole "constantly exploding, impatient, furious ape" persona didn't exactly help their confidence. They were bad because he was bad. In fact, they were considerably deeper on the line and a few skill positions last year iirc.

McElwain might go 12-0 with last year's Florida squad. They were competitive in every game but Bama and Mizzou, and with Mizzou it was a complete psychological meltdown on the offense's side, probably caused by the coach that openly hated them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MourningView posted:

Iowa's former third stringer put up big numbers at LTU last year, so it may just be a super easy place to play QB

C-USA is football under NFL Blitz rules so I'd hope a QB could play well there.

• Locked thread