Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kalli posted:

Peyton does have a dead baby arm and it's clear when watching games what he is extremely physically limited, and playing behind a lovely offensive line.

He's just also one of the better quarterbacks ever, so is still able to succeed because he still has some fantastic weapons and can figure out what you're doing better then you can.

The Raiders have also struggled against anything at shirt or medium distance this year. Even with a noodle arm Manning is going to drop 300+ on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

shiksa posted:

welp, rip Russell Wilson, hopefully you get to bang ciara in a hottub filled with nanobubbles before sunday.

grab bawls-my bawls-and stick em in your mouth.

yeah wrong thread.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Derek Carr is the best in the division according to PFF :v:

More proof that PFF is garbage

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Do I grab Rawls again, or start Antonio Gates

Get em boys

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Do I grab Rawls again, or start Antonio Gates

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium > The Football Funhouse* › Shut the gently caress up about your stupid fantasy team, no one cares

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

nerve posted:

Get em boys

I'm outed. You'll never take me alive :suicide:

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

yeah wrong thread.

Just gonna requote myself so you can all stop cumming in your pants about a fantasy post poo poo.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ross Angeles posted:

More proof that PFF is garbage

The Grantland podcast lavished praise on Rivers for a bit on Wednesday.

Because the Chargers are so injured and they don't have anyone else who can, Rivers has to go up, point out the MIC and blitzers, then set all the line protections, then do any audibles on every play.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

NC-17 posted:

Why would it be a surprise that the five guys who worked under Belichick sucked? Most NFL coaches do!

In any given year there are maybe 10 NFL coaches who are passable to good. Everyone else is just on their way to being fired in a season or two.

There's a third category: Marvin Lewis (excepting him riding the 2015 Andrew "Red Rifle" Dalton Pain Train)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Brady's personal trainer is the next Kevin Trudeau.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2015/10/09/tom-brady-alex-guerrero-neurosafe/

quote:

According to the FTC, Alex Guerrero faked being a doctor and claimed his products could cure cancer and concussions.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

The Grantland podcast lavished praise on Rivers for a bit on Wednesday.

Because the Chargers are so injured and they don't have anyone else who can, Rivers has to go up, point out the MIC and blitzers, then set all the line protections, then do any audibles on every play.

I have noticed him pointing out the Mike a lot more than normal this season so far

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

NC-17 posted:

So which player - not on your own team - would you most like to see win a Super Bowl?

I'm gonna say Calvin Johnson.

Fred Jackson. But that means the Seahawks go to the Super Bowl again and I don't know if I could handle that.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Kalli posted:

Because most of the great coaches historically have trees where many or at least any weren't blackrot.

Though Coughlin, also from the Parcells side of things, also seems to have a pretty dire list of former coordinators.

Yeah whatever happened to that Bill Belichick guy anyways?

e: I might of misread what you meant. Oh well.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 9, 2015

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NC-17 posted:

So which player - not on your own team - would you most like to see win a Super Bowl?

Steve Smith

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Tom Brady :unsmigghh:

Nov 6, 2002

Ya'll should read that long rear end BostonMagazine.com article, cause :holymoley: this loving guy is crazy and is bringing Brady and the TB12 brand along for the ride.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Eli Manning cause that poo poo don't get old, beating Brady required with an Eli bullshit drive.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Alex Guerrero has always sounded completely ridiculous, even in the positive pieces about his relationship with Brady.

My wild unfounded guess is that he has some value as a personal trainer, given how ridiculously well preserved Brady has been, but also likes making money selling placebos to dumb people.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Ross Angeles posted:

Yeah, he was backing up Jake Locker on the Titans lol

:thejoke:

Nov 6, 2002

sean10mm posted:

Alex Guerrero has always sounded completely ridiculous, even in the positive pieces about his relationship with Brady.

My wild unfounded guess is that he has some value as a personal trainer, given how ridiculously well preserved Brady has been, but also likes making money selling placebos to dumb people.

Quackwatch has a bit on him.

quote:

Be Wary of Health-Related Infomercials, 10/9/2009

A show called "Today's Health" features the fast-talking "Dr. Alex Guerrero" (an acupuncturist, not a medical doctor) who asserts that "all disease is in the blood and over-acidification of the blood and tissues is the primary contributor to disease and sickness." According to Guerrero: (a) soil depletion has caused our diets to be nutrient deficient, which creates a huge nutritional deficiency in our diet; (b) yeasts, fungus, molds, bacteria, and viruses need an acidic environment to thrive and grow. Modern daily diets and lifestyles are conducive to such proliferation and growth; (c) Supreme Greens with MSM™ is a powerful formulation of organically grown grasses and vegetables, sprouted grains, blood purifying and immune enhancing herbs, and antioxidants; (d) fatigue, foggy thinking, acne, diabetes, and many other diseases are signs that the body is too acidic; and (e) the nourishment given to the body needs to have a minimum resonating frequency of 70 Megahertz.

Typical American diets rarely resonate above 50 Megahertz, most supplements have a standard frequency of only 5-10 Megahertz, but Supreme Greens "resonates at an astonishing 250 Megahertz."Guerrero also claims to have conducted a five-year study which found that 192 out of 200 people with cancer and various other diseases, all of whom were diagnosed as terminal, survived because they took his product. After a "caller" to the program states that Supreme Greens caused her to shed 81 pounds in 8 months, Guerrero explains that weight loss occurs because the body no longer needs to have a layer of fat to protect itself against the effects of acidic body fluid. Web sites promoting the product also claim that a serving is equivalent to approximately two pounds of fresh vegetables, which is certainly not true. It contains some if the nutrients, but the pills do not contain the dietary fiber that accounts for much of the benefit obtained by eating vegetables. Like Barefoot, Guerrero recommends frequent testing of one's saliva to see whether the body is too acidic. However, saliva testing has no practical value in evaluating general health status.

Guerrero's claims are about as far-fetched as any I have ever encountered. The body's pH is kept within a narrow pH range by powerful biochemical mechanisms. It is not influenced by diet and does not go out-of-whack when people get sick. Nor do nutrients and body cells "resonate" as Guerrero describes. There is no logical reason to believe that taking Supreme Greens will cure any disease or cause people lose weight. Nor do I believe his claim that 192 out of 200 his "terminally ill patients" with a wide variety of disease are alive today because they took Supreme Greens. Claims as blatant as these violate federal and state laws against false advertising as well as the marketing of unapproved and misbranded drugs.

:stare:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jake Locker was close to the platonic ideal of the superficially plausible tease that will never, ever amount to anything in a million years.

Ken Whisenhunt is Not a Good Coach, but give him credit for looking at Locker and promptly going LOLNO after years of him alternating good and bad games with breaking body parts on minimal contact.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Whisenhunt did not make that decision Ruston Webster did

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Russell is just emulating Brady in his association with sleezy hucksters

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Metapod posted:

Whisenhunt did not make that decision Ruston Webster did

i thought jake locker made that decision by retiring at 26. unless the secret puppetmaster scheme for last year was always to start zach "football ashton kutcher" mettenberger.

e: wait im confused, locker was put on ir after "being benched" like two months previously. was he always hurt last year, or did he step on a banana peel at practice?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

NC-17 posted:

As someone with a degree in both medicine and physics, this hurts my head and my soul.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

As someone with a degree in both medicine and physics, this hurts my head and my soul.

Sounds like you need some Supreme Greens. It's fantastic for soul pains.

Nov 6, 2002

shiksa posted:

i thought jake locker made that decision by retiring at 26. unless the secret puppetmaster scheme for last year was always to start zach "football ashton kutcher" mettenberger.

e: wait im confused, locker was put on ir after "being benched" like two months previously. was he always hurt last year, or did he step on a banana peel at practice?

They decided he needed surgery on his left shoulder for a third time.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
wisenhunt is a very bad coach that would have been relegated back to coordinator positions had kurt warner not bailed his rear end out

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

NC-17 posted:

Tom Brady takes supreme greens for his mega hurts

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's impressive to go Even Further Crazy that the normal Blood pH weirdos

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

NC-17 posted:

Here's Tom with the weather.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBO-CGTMq4U

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
DeMarcus Ware is cool and good and I want him to win a ring :3:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
how big of you to want a Denver Bronco to get a ring!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

NC-17 posted:

This guy is brilliant holy poo poo

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

This guy is brilliant holy poo poo

Any as brilliant as any huckster that shills audiophile equipment.

Sometimes I wish I was evil enough to do something like that, but...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Burger Trench posted:

You mean this guy?

I missed this thread for a few days but has anyone said that this guy looks like a white Jameis yet?

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

WHOOPS posted:

how big of you to want a Denver Bronco to get a ring!

thx I agree!

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
How's Seattle's dline? I'm pretty sure the Bengals are gonna go run crazy on Sunday. Andy Dalton is playing great but he's still not Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

NC-17 posted:

A couple of possible choices:

Philip Rivers: Just to see Ross happy, and to see if he can fit all his kids on the victory podium

Tyrann Mathieu/Patrick Peterson: Both to see Arizona win a Super Bowl, and for the LSU connection.

• Locked thread