Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
:lol: TAM never disappoints. https://twitter.com/MeganOlivi/status/653406786230222848

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Of course

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Bluedeanie posted:

If there's one thing history has taught us, it is being beaten down soundly and repeatedly by the same person or people will definitely cause an Irishman to shut up.

it shames jme since im mostly of irish descent that I really dont know much of the history. What are you referring to if you dont mind me asking?

I know duffy has a long way to go before he is knockinbg on a title shot, but the guy has had consistently good fights and like I commented his accuracy is phenomenal. I like some of the new breed of fighters we're seeing with the UFC.

Still miss jones.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Meowbot posted:

the punch that dropped him didnt look like a nything at all, was it the bod shots or the head kick before it that caused him to wilt from that punch? It looked like such a glancing blow I dont know how it did any damage.

I love watching joe duffy throw strikes, he has really good accuracy. I hope he fights conor one day and shuts him the gently caress up (I like conor but it would own if an irish man beat him).

I see you have never been punched really hard in the body. Also go back and look at the punch again. It hits the sternum so perfectly and cleanly it's closer to surgery than punching. You can tell when someone is hurt by a bodyshot because there's a split second between the punch being delivered and the brain responding to the agony.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Meowbot posted:

it shames jme since im mostly of irish descent that I really dont know much of the history. What are you referring to if you dont mind me asking?

I know duffy has a long way to go before he is knockinbg on a title shot, but the guy has had consistently good fights and like I commented his accuracy is phenomenal. I like some of the new breed of fighters we're seeing with the UFC.

Still miss jones.

In the context of Ireland itself, the English mostly.

In the context of Americans of Irish descent, basically just everything about Boston in general.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Marching Powder posted:

I see you have never been punched really hard in the body. Also go back and look at the punch again. It hits the sternum so perfectly and cleanly it's closer to surgery than punching. You can tell when someone is hurt by a bodyshot because there's a split second between the punch being delivered and the brain responding to the agony.

That and that his brain was already half off and he was probably mentally done from the head kick which rocked him.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

That livershot from duffy was sick.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Platonic ideal bros exist and fight in the UFC.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I hope TAM scoops up Chet Mango & they make him join and choose between if he likes being religious or extremely homoerotic and to only focus on one. I mean this is assuming we got to the bottom of of hes actually a lady on twitter or whatever that was.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

did you miss their last 100000000 title fights

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bundt Cake posted:

they were all pretty entertaining tbh. has TAM had an unenjoyable title fight? Maybe the first Faber vs Barao interim title match. but that is 1/1000. all the others were worth watching. good return imo.

In the ongoing saga of Dillashaw vs Faber, TJ said on Ariel's show this morning he's banned from returning to Team Alpha Male's gym. It makes sense if TJ really was using most of the younger/inexperienced students to beat up on, but yeah they are setting the stage up for Dillashaw to fight Faber next summer if he gets by Cruz. RIP Assuncao, the man who never mattered.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bundt Cake posted:

lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I hope TAM scoops up Chet Mango & they make him join and choose between if he likes being religious or extremely homoerotic and to only focus on one. I mean this is assuming we got to the bottom of of hes actually a lady on twitter or whatever that was.

hahah

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ronda wrote an article

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/vict...6-1227566600899

quote:

AUGUST of 2008, in Beijing, China I was doing everything I could to break the arm of a woman I barely knew from Algeria.

Being an experienced judoka herself, she knew that there was nothing she could do to stop me and tapped me on the leg to signal she gave up.

I won the match en route to my Olympic bronze medal in judo.

I was the first woman from my country to win an Olympic medal in the sport.

Many people called me an American hero that day.

February of 2013 in a sold-out arena in California I was doing everything I could to

break the arm of another woman I barely knew named Liz Carmouche.

An experienced fighter herself, she knew there was nothing she could to stop me and tapped my leg to admit defeat.

I was the first woman to win a UFC title.

Many called me a barbarian that day.

I am a fighter.

But I am not a violent person.

I don’t enjoy hurting people.

If anyone gets hurt, it is not the aim of my actions — in fact I prefer winning with no one getting hurt.

But injuries are part of my business, just like carpal tunnel is for people who type all day to make a living.

For some reason I was born to a mother who was a judo world champion.

For some reason I lost my father to suicide at eight years old.

I had so much bottled up grief and anger and self-loathing and for some reason I found an outlet that saved me.

Fighting.

To me fighting is not an exhibition of brutality or a glorification of violence.

Fighting is a metaphor for life.

Everyone you meet every day is fighting for something, but life gets complicated and what you’re fighting for sometimes isn’t very clear.

But an actual fight is black and white, a relief from all the grays in the not so literal ones we’re all engaged in.

When was the last time something rough touched your skin?

When was the last time you even had to endure an uncomfortable temperature?

When was the last time you were in a real high-pressure situation?

We live in a time of soft fabrics, air conditioning and participation trophies.

We all have a need to feel a little uncomfortable to convince ourselves we’re awake.

An instinctual need to pinch ourselves as proof we aren’t dreaming.

That pinch could be in the form of sitting down and watching a fight, gasping and cringing and jumping and shouting and feeling your heart race for the fighter you for some reason chose to identify with.

Fighting provides vicarious glory for the fan.

When in the UFC Octagon I’m not thinking about hurting the person standing in front of me.

I’m problem solving.

What could they possibly be thinking?

What do they know about me?

What do they think would work on me based on what they know?

How are they trying to solve me? What some call a blood sport, I call a high stakes game of wits.

Of all the things in the world I have to worry about in the past and future, the only thing on my mind during a fight is that exact moment and the problem I’m trying to solve.

It’s an escape and an outlet for the artist.

It’s not a brawl.

It’s not gore and brutality.

It’s an art.

It’s an opportunity for courage.

It’s an exercise of overcoming.

And I’d appreciate it if you wouldn’t judge me for it.

MMA's greatest ambassador by a mile.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Lid posted:

Ronda wrote an article

:mad: GENKI SUDO :mad:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I'd die for Genki v Ronda in metamoris

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I forgive you all for forgetting our lord and saviour in MMA, Matthew John Serra.

Chain_of_Dogs
Aug 24, 2015

Lid posted:

Ronda wrote an article

I'm not a huge Ronda fan, but that's a really great quote. Props to her.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

I'm not a huge Ronda fan, but that's a really great quote. Props to her.

ronda seems like the kind of universally liked fighter unless that sandy hook comment digs itself deep inside you skull, otherwise she's loving great in just about every way.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Speaking of which, Travis Browne just confirmed on the MMA Hour that he and Ronda are dating. So he can be added to the 'not even the best grappler in your relationship' burn list.

Also, Ronda's mom has some fun, cryptic tweets:

DrAnnMaria @DrAnnMaria
If all of your friends and family think someone is a douchebag, he's not misunderstood, he (or she) is a douchebag #adviceFromMom

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

red19fire posted:

DrAnnMaria @DrAnnMaria
If all of your friends and family think someone is a douchebag, he's not misunderstood, he (or she) is a douchebag #adviceFromMom

:lol: that owns

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

-Atom- posted:

ronda seems like the kind of universally liked fighter unless that sandy hook comment digs itself deep inside you skull, otherwise she's loving great in just about every way.
you've made hundreds of "sandy hook comments" and no one here even has a reason to like you to begin with

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I like that -Atom- makes everyone else's posts look just that little bit better than they actually are by their mere existence.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

red19fire posted:

Speaking of which, Travis Browne just confirmed on the MMA Hour that he and Ronda are dating. So he can be added to the 'not even the best grappler in your relationship' burn list.

DrAnnMaria @DrAnnMaria

Ronda's mom is cool.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
For real I wanna see Rousey vs her mom at Metamoris. That would own

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

red19fire posted:

DrAnnMaria @DrAnnMaria

nothing cryptic about that

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

1st AD posted:

For real I wanna see Rousey vs her mom at Metamoris. That would own
RR's first opponent ever capable of disrupting her psychologically.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ronda's mom could go 0-50 against all opposition but she'd probably still whoop Ronda's rear end like it was nothing. Moms are tough.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
More MMA Hour notes:
-TJ now seems fine with fighting Faber after getting banned from TAM
-TJ still went to the Benavidez/Olivi wedding
-TJ says moving this camp to CO was on him, not because of "recruiting"
-Bang was really snarky to Ariel about not being on the show last week, and seriously Ariel needs to get a grain of self-awareness because he has roughly 1000x more "beefs" with fighters than all other MMA journalists combined. When you have one person throwing bombs for 80 minutes (Faber), the other side should get a response the following show, even if it's you're 300th show and you want to feel like a cool guy by having a bunch of legends insult you. Which goes back to the self-awareness thing.
-Hendricks blames the weight cut on venison, which he ate a lot because thought would be better for his weight than chicken and fish. :psyduck:
-Hendricks has no illusions about being competitive at middleweight unless he gets a lot better.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ariel is the worst, seriously he is joyless and thin skinned and I enjoy it when he gets owned by Rampage or when Bobby Green rolls with like 10 people in a Skype interview and just takes over his segment.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Hendricks is the reason someone like Mike Dolce has gainful employment, because he is too dumb to figure out calorie counting or how to prepare the appropriate meals for losing weight.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

1st AD posted:

Hendricks is the reason someone like Mike Dolce has gainful employment, because he is too dumb to figure out calorie counting or how to prepare the appropriate meals for losing weight.
I assume he was buying deer meet directly from hunters or something and there's no caloric info the way there would be at a grocery store. Naturally, this should make someone want to take the step of doing ~90 seconds of research online about the differences between deer and chicken, but fighters do not always have the strongest intellects.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ditch posted:

-Hendricks blames the weight cut on venison, which he ate a lot because thought would be better for his weight than chicken and fish. :psyduck:
-Hendricks has no illusions about being competitive at middleweight unless he gets a lot better.

Depending on the cut of chicken and preperation of both meats, venison is actually leaner than chicken per ounce in terms of calories and total fat content. It is slightly higher in saturated fat and notably worse in cholesterol and those things probably have a pretty negative effect on weight loss, but I could see a doofus casually googling himself to the same conclusion.

E: the numbers cited are for venison that's been ground and pan-seered vs the ever-specific "chicken meat," which is very likely something high-calorie like skin-on thighs. I'm sure if you get specific and look at properly prepared chicken breast you get even more lean and there's just no comparison, and I refuse to believe venison is better for weight management than fish without even looking.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 12, 2015

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He also mentioned having deer 3x a day and was probably having big cuts of it.

Also, Browne said he and Ronda aren't dating or boyfriend/girlfriend, but they're together, and she's his woman and he's her man. Uhhhhh...

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

:stonk:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the story is that hendricks' camp were worried he was too big during his camp/cut and got him a phone consultation with a nutritionist and the guy was like "whoa man don't just starve yourself, you need to eat to survive" and hendricks held up his ear horn and said "what's that sonny? you say i need to eat?" and started eating even more

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

-Atom- posted:

between Sandy Hook and the Fallon Fox comments its a pretty easy fruit for the "yell at famous people" wing of Social Justice to pick on.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

red19fire posted:

DrAnnMaria @DrAnnMaria

Correction: He confirmed that "she is his woman and he is her man" because "dating is for children".

Ronda's mom owns.

Edit: Ditch beat me to it, sorry Ditch.

Luchadork fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 12, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Ditch posted:

He also mentioned having deer 3x a day and was probably having big cuts of it.

Also, Browne said he and Ronda aren't dating or boyfriend/girlfriend, but they're together, and she's his woman and he's her man. Uhhhhh...

Can't wait till Ronda is "injured in camp" and Browne mysteriously gets cut from the UFC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

The thing about deer is that it doesn't exactly have succulent cuts of loin or anything.

It's a pretty lean animal. Most of the meat gets made into sausage or ground meat and in both of those cases they will add pork fat to make it not taste bland/dry.

If you don't put in any fat it's probably close to being as lean as chicken breasts. If you have the processor make sausage out of it, he's going to add a lot of pork fat and now you are eating essentially pork sausage and you won't make weight.

• Locked thread