Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

PipeRifle posted:

a wool coat in a winter climate is usually fine. I had a nice one from Macy's in chicago and I didn't feel extra terrible or more dumb than usual

e: like this but more charcoal

yea, just get above-knee length heavy wool coat. countries around alps make really good ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cjs: everyone is suddenly running around panicked and babbling in french so i'm entirely not sure what's going on here but based on the french i know it sounds like someone sent the wrong document to the wrong company and leaked something major

:rip:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

theyre surrendering to inevitable

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

cls: found a mystery SD card, lets see whats on it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

time to refresh secfuck thread?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

spankmeister posted:

you've been owned

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
sandbox sandbox sandbox!!!

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
just flip the little switch on the sd card and you'll be fine

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Gus Hobbleton posted:

sandbox sandbox sandbox!!!

no

don't :c00lbutt:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

i practice safe secfuckups and always use a condom

it's old dashcam footage

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Wear a coat with lots of pockets

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?
cjs: "change some major things at the last minute i don't care if this delays release"

"okay i'm not sure how long it will take"

weekend email "we posted record low profits this quarter for not meeting commitments to customers"

okie doke.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

http://www.landsend.com/products/mens-university-coat/id_272712

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

keyboard vomit posted:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

PipeRifle posted:

My main concern is that it's a state job

aren't you in sacramento?

doesn't eegah live in sacramento?

doesn't eegah also work for the state?

find and pet tater

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

SO DEMANDING posted:

aren't you in sacramento?

doesn't eegah live in sacramento?

doesn't eegah also work for the state?

find and pet tater

Everything is the state, Sacramento is the capitol and it's the most capitol capitol that I ever lived in. Like I lived in Lansing Michigan and there were some gov't buildings but like, everyone in Sacramento either works for the state or knows someone who does

This is a state university so it's different than a state office (which is actually pretty good, I looked at their HR policies and it doesn't seem like as much of a hassle to have salary negotiations.)

It's actually a coincidence in this case, because it's UC Davis (which is in nearby Davis, CA) but they have an "extension" office in Sac where they do some admin stuff and have classrooms for continuing education and places for people to proctor exams for online courses, that kind of thing. So a state job in the capitol but only by chance

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

PipeRifle posted:

Everything is the state, Sacramento is the capitol and it's the most capitol capitol that I ever lived in. Like I lived in Lansing Michigan and there were some gov't buildings but like, everyone in Sacramento either works for the state or knows someone who does

This is a state university so it's different than a state office (which is actually pretty good, I looked at their HR policies and it doesn't seem like as much of a hassle to have salary negotiations.)

It's actually a coincidence in this case, because it's UC Davis (which is in nearby Davis, CA) but they have an "extension" office in Sac where they do some admin stuff and have classrooms for continuing education and places for people to proctor exams for online courses, that kind of thing. So a state job in the capitol but only by chance

hello i'm from the internet, can i pet your cat and/or dog

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I'm an artsy fart hipster so I wear a field jacket

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

duTrieux. posted:

oh, cool, it did accept the change but erroneously gave me a error rather than a confirmation.

corporate infrastructure is garbage.

I had to change my password recently and I used one with a special character in it. the system rejected it because of the special character. so I used a different one but the one with the special character had already been accepted for everything except my AD login. :negative:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

http://www.brooklynindustries.com/men_new/mercury-jacket

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol faux fur

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-USA-Military-Extreme-Cold-Weather-N-3B-Snorkel-Parka-w-Hood-Size-L-Large-/171959637633
i have one just like this except i melted the fake fur at the peak a little bit
2warm2toasty

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

parkas are the only kind of coat you should wear if you are north of pittsburgh

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I just found a flight suit in my exact size at a thrift store

I'm probably not going to use it for a costume

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I think youre potato is undercooked lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh and I almost almost bought a Solaris varsity jacket, good thing I was with a woman

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

PipeRifle posted:

Yeah and I was proactive, I sent them a thank-you note after the in-person interview and included my references, with colleagues and my most previous manager. They were like "this is cool but HR needs info for all your supervisors" so I sent them the emails I could find and their LinkedIn profiles and they were like "yeah we really need phone numbers so we can call, HR makes us ask these specific questions and we have to verify who they are over the phone"

So it's definitely like, confirmation/follow-up and not like they're going to ask them if I'm a cool dude. More like "did this guy actually work here" which I feel like is pretty much the last step. Plus the tone was like "we want to hire this guy" and then HR says they "have" to do these steps before they can go forward.

that's loving bizarre and strikes me as incredibly impractical. i'm at my third employer ever, and i know that the supervisor from my first job is retired and the supervisor from my second job has long since moved the gently caress on. how the gently caress would that work?

why the gently caress should they need to talk to your supervisors directly anyway? they should be calling their counterparts at your previous employers and having them confirm based on documentation/records.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

PipeRifle posted:

hmm. you should still find and pet tater

Solus M.D. posted:

hello i'm from the internet, can i pet your cat and/or dog

yes exactly

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

parkas are the only kind of coat you should wear if you are north of pittsburgh

i'm not going to hide my fabulous body underneath a coat that makes me look like the stay-puft marshmallow man

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Light but warm, cut off at the waist

Also not black

PipeRifle
Oct 4, 2004

we have catte

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

that's loving bizarre and strikes me as incredibly impractical. i'm at my third employer ever, and i know that the supervisor from my first job is retired and the supervisor from my second job has long since moved the gently caress on. how the gently caress would that work?

why the gently caress should they need to talk to your supervisors directly anyway? they should be calling their counterparts at your previous employers and having them confirm based on documentation/records.

Yeah like, I got one dude's office number and I called and they were like "we can't give you his desk number but we can connect directly if you call back, he's out for the day though" so I gave the new guys that switchboard number and said go for it. I'm not gonna hound a dude at a new job, remind him I worked for him 7-8 years ago, and ask if he has a personal number so someone else can call and chat with him about that.

Maybe it's all just good-faith poo poo like I didn't really have any info on my resume or my references sheet and I didn't have to fill out an application where you list your supervisor and their contact info. Maybe they just wanted to see that I put some effort into confirming who they were but yeah, you'd think that they either do it or they outsource that kind of data collection, not ask the applicant to track down proof that they worked somewhere

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i keep sneezing and it freaks my partly deaf dog out :(

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm not going to hide my fabulous body underneath a coat that makes me look like the stay-puft marshmallow man

you're already doing that with your sweaters according to ylls!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Cat Face Joe posted:

rekt

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Stacked sleeves

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

keyboard vomit posted:

Light but warm, cut off at the waist

yes I want a winter coat that sprays my midriff with arctic air whenever I lean back slightly

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

theflyingexecutive posted:

yes I want a winter coat that sprays my midriff with arctic air whenever I lean back slightly

is this a real post

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm so hot it counteracts the winter cold

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

according to ylls my clearly red sweater is pink and given the other outfits in the thread I'm thinking they maybe they can't see that well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

keyboard vomit posted:

I'm so hot it counteracts the winter cold

same

• Locked thread