Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Astros have so many good, young players, plus dudes in the pipeline. AL West looks like it's going to be a pretty insane division next year though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Astros were the better team for four games but that's what poo poo bounces and ~*manufacturing runs*~ gets you I guess

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
i didn't think the royals would win the alds and i was seriously worried about a sweep until they came back in game 2. glad i was wrong. hope i'm also wrong about the jays winning it all.

go royals! :toot:

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
gg royals, i fear the cubs playing on turf for the first time in most of their careers so eliminate the canadian scourge and we can have a jolly central division late october romp ok

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did Fox Sports fake sportscenter just say we'll find out tomorrow who will face the Royals in the ALCS?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Astros, you knocked out the Yankees though, and for that you have everyone's thanks.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

I hope the Blue Jays sweep the Royals and win by an average of like 4 dingers per game

Me too, but I would rather have gone up against the Astros.

Somewhere there's a train full of "Texas Wants It More" and "Houston Wants It More" shirts headed for a landfill, an incinerator, or Africa as foreign aid.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Astros have so many good, young players, plus dudes in the pipeline. AL West looks like it's going to be a pretty insane division next year though.

Not really, they have two or three position players worth a gently caress. Rasmus won't be back so there's another hole. Keuchel will regress and Kazmir is gonna be worthless if he comes back. They're gonna learn the hard way why you can't waste chances

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

illcendiary posted:

Astros were the better team for four games but that's what poo poo bounces and ~*manufacturing runs*~ gets you I guess

but don't runs wins you gamez?~^*?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

bewbies posted:

dont be that guy man

the astros are really drat fun to watch and will have the best middle infield in history: hot take

I'm still mad about Volquez breaking Springer's wrist

R.D. Mangles posted:

I really hope they don't cheap out in free agency. Singleton is proof that these guys don't always work out

jeffersonlives was right

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

Neodoomium posted:

Astros, you knocked out the Yankees though, and for that you have everyone's thanks.

The biggest sacrifice we will construct a statue.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
Both Morales (after HR) and Moose (after win) did the throat slash thing that the Astros Game 4 pitcher (supposedly) did right before the Royals scored 5 runs.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't think they're going to be any better next year than they were this year, probably worse.

But yes, the whole "World Series 2017" thing still is potentially on the horizon.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ChiliMac posted:

The biggest sacrifice we will construct a statue.

Whomever eliminates the Yankees every year absolutely deserves a trophy and a ring.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

bearic posted:

Both Morales (after HR) and Moose (after win) did the throat slash thing that the Astros Game 4 pitcher (supposedly) did right before the Royals scored 5 runs.

McCullers didn't throat slash so I guess good job being the bigger man guys

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Go cubs, I guess

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

bearic posted:

I apparently am not as tuned into imagined slights the Royals have endured as I thought I was, I have no clue what this is about.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big surprise the Royals are very sensitive to tiny and possibly imagined slights

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
:toot:

Jays are gonna hit so many loving dingers

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

bearic posted:

Yeah they were talking about this in interviews a couple days ago, they said seeing that and then a expletive filled pep talk by Moustakas fired them up for that inning.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Being a Houston sports team fan nowadays sucks.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

I'm still mad about Volquez breaking Springer's wrist

dude it was an accident

also we match up very poorly versus the Jays :(

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

Yeah they were talking about this in interviews a couple days ago, they said seeing that and then a expletive filled pep talk by Moustakas fired them up for that inning.

Nice so now I have this and the Spurs 2013 meltdown to add to my "grown men get riled up at perceived slight causing a stupid comeback" collection

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
So Ventura/Volquez/Cueto/....Duffy? in the ALCS?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I apparently am not as tuned into imagined slights the Royals have endured as I thought I was, I have no clue what this is about.

Some folks thought McCullers did a throat slash to the Royals but nope

https://twitter.com/LMcCullers43/status/653710546131271680

quote:

Obviously I didn't do that, everyone needs to chill... Wasn't even looking that way, wasn't directed to them at all.

quote:

@LMcCullers43 did you actually signal to the Royals bench a throat slash?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

The Rockets made the WCF and have improved since then, we still have something

And poo poo, the Astros made the loving playoffs. They weren't supposed to be here. Yeah they blew it when it was all but sewn up, but I'm going to at least try to enjoy what they accomplished even if I'm super sad right now

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

dude it was an accident

also we match up very poorly versus the Jays :(

It's been awhile but if I'm remembering right he wasn't the first Astro Volquez threw at

Plus it's a team that throws at people in game 3 of a series they were in the process of being swept in to cede the best record in the AL so forgive me if I don't give the benefit of the doubt

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Intruder posted:

Big surprise the Royals are very sensitive to tiny and possibly imagined slights

It's almost worth it to see them get to the WS to watch what happens when 4/5 of their starting rotation can't just plunk dudes and get away with it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MrMidnight posted:

Hey there's always footba-no...uh...Rockets are pretty good...till they get to the playoffs...uh...I think our soccer team is pretty legit?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
And we did eliminate the Yankees as someone pointed out. Gonna clutch that fact to my breast in the long cold offseason.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Intruder posted:

The Rockets made the WCF and have improved since then, we still have something

And poo poo, the Astros made the loving playoffs. They weren't supposed to be here. Yeah they blew it when it was all but sewn up, but I'm going to at least try to enjoy what they accomplished even if I'm super sad right now

I'm gonna console myself by reading a bunch of posts by super-sensitive Rockets fans on Clutchfans

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

rebel1608 posted:

And we did eliminate the Yankees as someone pointed out. Gonna clutch that fact to my breast in the long cold offseason.

You did it!

:hfive:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hey there's always footba-no...uh...Rockets are pretty good...till they get to the playoffs...uh...I think our soccer team is pretty legit?

...we made the conference finals

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Well played, Astros.

Bring on the Blue Jays.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Actually the Dynamo are one of the bottom teams in MLS this year so nope :sigh:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

It's been awhile but if I'm remembering right he wasn't the first Astro Volquez threw at

Plus it's a team that throws at people in game 3 of a series they were in the process of being swept in to cede the best record in the AL so forgive me if I don't give the benefit of the doubt

i do not think you are remembering well, it was a 1 run game with a runner on base when he hit him and he even called springer to apologize

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

For reference, here's what the Royals apparently think is a "throat slash"

https://vine.co/v/eEWtHnaX2bU

I don't know what the gently caress it is but it ain't that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Neodoomium posted:

It's almost worth it to see them get to the WS to watch what happens when 4/5 of their starting rotation can't just plunk dudes and get away with it

I'd like to think Ventura has settled down since early in the season when he was absolutely a little bastard about everything, but I might be forgetting something. Volquez has pretty consistently been a jerk all year although I think Intruder is probably...or at least possibly wrong in this instance.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So who do I root for now? The Royals again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

For reference, here's what the Royals apparently think is a "throat slash"

https://vine.co/v/eEWtHnaX2bU

I don't know what the gently caress it is but it ain't that

lol

Mustache Ride posted:

So who do I root for now? The Royals again?

Blue Jays, or possibly the Mets

• Locked thread