Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

current baseball status: Joey bats owns forever

dat bat flip :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
prefect what's your alcoholic beverage of choice tonight?

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:swoon:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tanith posted:

prefect what's your alcoholic beverage of choice tonight?

i had what i think is called a "dirty black russian" (kahlua, vodka, coke), but that seems like people work too hard to think of a "clever" name

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

prefect posted:

i had what i think is called a "dirty black russian" (kahlua, vodka, coke), but that seems like people work too hard to think of a "clever" name

its not quite as bad as it seems. black russians are just vodka and kahlua, white russians have dairy and a historical reference.

do you like coffee and orange together?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tanith posted:

its not quite as bad as it seems. black russians are just vodka and kahlua, white russians have dairy and a historical reference.

do you like coffee and orange together?

i don't know if i do, but it's intriguing. i like coffee and i like orange

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

tori is currently crying into his beer

I died after the baseball game. I'm dead now.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Citizen Tayne posted:

thats prob for the best given that the penguins are 0 for 3

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Citizen Tayne posted:

:rip:

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
HEY TORI

HI

WHAT'S UP, BUDDY

Apr 7, 2003

bump_fn posted:

thats prob for the best given that the penguins are 0 for 3

I went to last night's game. My employer has a program where you volunteer to hand out programs / promotional items at the gate and get a free ticket. I handed out schedules for an hour and a half and got a free ticket and I got ripped off. Thanks Johnston.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

stay safe postghost

Apr 7, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

HEY TORI

HI

WHAT'S UP, BUDDY

Bought Pillars of Eternity, it's real good.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

prefect posted:

i don't know if i do, but it's intriguing. i like coffee and i like orange

put the zest of two oranges and some coffee beans (half a cup, maybe) together with a bottle of brandy or rum, wait like three days strain and enjoy. if you want something a bit sweeter you can just add a can of frozen orange juice concentrate.

it is good in the morning on cold days when you do not have accomplish anything.

Apr 7, 2003

Tanith posted:

put the zest of two oranges and some coffee beans (half a cup, maybe) together with a bottle of brandy or rum, wait like three days strain and enjoy. if you want something a bit sweeter you can just add a can of frozen orange juice concentrate.

it is good in the morning on cold days when you do not have accomplish anything.

From what I've read of your posts, you're used to not accomplishing anything.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tanith posted:

i've never tried anything like that before; will give it a shot :tipshat:

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Citizen Tayne posted:

From what I've read of your posts, you're used to not accomplishing anything.

it makes the few times I do all the sweeter

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

cjs: spent the past two days figuring out how to agileize my workflow to hopefully improve my job quality of life and also forcibly transition myself towards a role more aligned with my interests and it turns out some of this stuff is kinda harder than I expected! translating my nebulous ideas into actionable requirements or epics/user stories/issues/sub-tasks is not as easy as I imagined but it is pretty satisfying

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Bloody posted:

cjs: spent the past two days figuring out how to agileize my workflow to hopefully improve my job quality of life and also forcibly transition myself towards a role more aligned with my interests and it turns out some of this stuff is kinda harder than I expected! translating my nebulous ideas into actionable requirements or epics/user stories/issues/sub-tasks is not as easy as I imagined but it is pretty satisfying

corporate nerd

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its the fuckin dream. my workflow is extreme un-synergized and it is a major buzzkill

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
sports is the anime of people who pay for cable

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
cls: lentil soup is more like lentil stew, but it's good

next time i might add sausage or ground beef though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gently caress virgin atlantic's fuel surcharges on award flights

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Citizen Tayne posted:

Bought Pillars of Eternity, it's real good.
yeah, it's a good game

wasteland 2 released their director's cut yesterday, and age of decadence came out today, finally

it's a good time to be into rpgs

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

triple sulk posted:

gently caress virgin atlantic's fuel surcharges on award flights

lmao airlines are still tacking on fuel surcharges when oils been in the 40s for like a year with no end in sight

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

i tried out this chromecast and i can't really figure out what it does that my appletv doesn't already do. at least it was free :shrug:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tayter Swift posted:

lmao airlines are still tacking on fuel surcharges when oils been in the 40s for like a year with no end in sight

it's mostly the uk/international airlines. british air does the same thing. i wanna take a trip for a few days and i have a sizeable amount of chase points to burn, but my only option out of here based on chase's partners is virgin (british air isn't here any more, united's award flights are jokingly costly, and the others aren't relevant). so if i want to go premium economy so i can get a half decent seat for sleeping on the way there it's 27.5k miles plus $234, and a normal econ ticket back is 17.5k + $319, so it's still $550 for the round trip flight and at that point it's a little under half as much as it'd cost if i just did the round trip fully paid via virgin or delta. granted the first seat would be normal econ but i'd get full ff credit for it. oh and the 6:00 flight out of dtw is still ON a virgin plane because delta owns 49% of virgin and they do the codeshare and poo poo.

alternatively i can do some hacky bullshit to go back to philly or jfk first and leave from there on aa, and technically i'd be able to easily meet a status challenge cause of it, but it's a big hassle and i don't know if i'm in the mood for it. basically what i'm saying is gently caress this stupid airport and its lovely flight options.

loving mad about airlines

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

and now an aa fare shows up that's under 800 bux and it's one layover. jesus christ i hate airlines

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
wait the fuel surcharge is five hundred loving dollars for a round trip flight? I haven't flown since 2007 so I'm not terribly familiar but loving lmao

jet fuel is about $1.40 a gallon right now, the lowest it's been since the very darkest days of the recession. i did the math for work about three years ago and jets get about 50 passenger-miles to the gallon so I'll let you do the math on how much you're getting bilked

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i think it's a fake bullshit regulation or something that the uk airlines do to you. british air does it too like i said. also i swear these loving aa routes all dropped like $200-300 for the discount fare because i can go round trip from dtw -> phl -> lhr for less than $400 each way. meanwhile delta's cheapest fare is like $1275 round trip.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

triple sulk posted:

lmao @ the last two pages of the camgirl thread in en
meanwhile BFC disaster Knyteguy admitted to blowing his budget in spring on cocaine, and the missing $2000 from his august budget went to a gaming PC

I love BFC

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

all the while trying to play off the missing two grand as a YNAB bug or something

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
who the hell would post their budget specifics on an internet forum full of fundamentally broken sociopaths?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Space-Pope posted:

who the hell would post their budget specifics on an internet forum full of fundamentally broken sociopaths?

they posted it in the cat thread?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Space-Pope posted:

answered yer own question bruh

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

meanwhile BFC disaster Knyteguy admitted to blowing his budget in spring on cocaine, and the missing $2000 from his august budget went to a gaming PC

I love BFC

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

all the while trying to play off the missing two grand as a YNAB bug or something

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa really? i stopped following him 'cause it was kinda dull. lmaoly

i don't know what it is that compels such loving hopeless people to seek advice they aren't going to follow on BFC

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
basically if you post in bfc looking for budgeting advice you should probably be banned until you provide proof that you're getting therapy because that's what it seems most of them actually need

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

dude

same

except my beef isnt green? and isnt all ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's lovely lighting in the kitchen. i was hankering for some and i need to get a good recipe going

• Locked thread