Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

Take yourself out of this post and what you're left with is that you're voting him because you find him annoying.

Bullshit it has nothing to do with the fact that the vote is on me, it just so happens that it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
Are you saying you think he is town BTW? All you are doing is discrediting other voters. Who do you think is scum TNL

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay well I'm not seeing it, sorry.

Sodomeow posted:

Are you saying you think he is town BTW? All you are doing is discrediting other voters. Who do you think is scum TNL

I don't know if he's town or not but I know the votes on him are bad, hence why I'm asking if someone has a better reason for voting him than some dumb third-vote meta that hasn't been used in a serious game for five years.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay well I'm not seeing it, sorry.

I don't know if he's town or not but I know the votes on him are bad, hence why I'm asking if someone has a better reason for voting him than some dumb third-vote meta that hasn't been used in a serious game for five years.

Pretty sure someone used Third Vote rule in the slack mafia game that just ended that you were in. Also third vote rule is tried and true and rules

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Third vote is a dumb IRC joke that I can't believe anyone puts real stock into.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
  • Venom Soag posted:

btw im not saying that whatevrt sodomow did is bullshit im saying you dont get to play questions and accusations act dodgy and then say o but dont question me i am a snowflake

like thats a great screen for scum or going to gently caress town over so either way theyve got to go
    This, and the posts form Venom Soag following it, appear to me like a insincere attempt to keep pushing an arbitrary vote, rather than any kind of real Scumhunting.
  • Venom Soag posted:

think sodomeow is up to no good seems shady and like hes trying to joke post all casial like a pro but also trying to throw suspicion on anyone doing the same thing
    ##vote sodomeow
    The original vote on Sodomeow was pretty terrible, and the bad tunneling afterward is unreasonable.
  • Venom Soag posted:

an im not contributing followed by a mea culpa hooley dooley

##vote 100yearsoFattitude
    Venom Soag threw an opportunistic 3rdvote on a D1 bandwagon of 100Yrs. He followed that up with similarly insincere seeking of traction for that bandwagon before jumping off without further comment, now is voting along with 100Yrs like he never really felt suspicious.

Venom Soag's moves in this game have consistently struck me as Scum Mind opportunism. I would also vote TNL. I am also suspicious that The Betrayer is also Scum and they are all cross-bussing, but that's a meta view. Keep it in mind.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

As to who I think is scum, the four players leading the vote charts are all players I'm unfamiliar with and I generally don't like to vote new/unfamiliar players if I have no knowledge of how they play. So I'm sticking with The Betrayer until he posts more.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
TNL get some scum reads in buddy it's double plurality today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sodemeow is JakeP, opinion?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Sodemeow is JakeP, opinion?

I don't think he's scummy and finding out he's JakeP doesn't change that opinion.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Were the battle lineups submitted? In previous soldiers games the battle participants and location were announced far ahead of the lynch deadline.

It would be useful information in deciding who to lynch because those going to battle should be off the table for lynching unless Pmom is sending in a suicide squad to be slaughtered.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Were the battle lineups submitted? In previous soldiers games the battle participants and location were announced far ahead of the lynch deadline.

It would be useful information in deciding who to lynch because those going to battle should be off the table for lynching unless Pmom is sending in a suicide squad to be slaughtered.

The signup thread says battle orders are due an hour before the deadline so it's possible PMom hasn't gotten to it yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

busb posted:

RULE: Deadlines & Battle Times
Hangings will be resolved and flipped at the same time for both threads, so there is no penalty for reaching a consensus early. Battle orders and battlefield location are due from the thread Kings 1 hour before the deadline time. Battle resolution will occur approx 24 hours after that. The attacking king chooses the battleground.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I thought sodomeow was an auspol poster ironically getting mad at people for being australian

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote taste he usually way more active as town

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lumpen posted:

• This, and the posts form Venom Soag following it, appear to me like a insincere attempt to keep pushing an arbitrary vote, rather than any kind of real Scumhunting.

• The original vote on Sodomeow was pretty terrible, and the bad tunneling afterward is unreasonable.

• Venom Soag threw an opportunistic 3rdvote on a D1 bandwagon of 100Yrs. He followed that up with similarly insincere seeking of traction for that bandwagon before jumping off without further comment, now is voting along with 100Yrs like he never really felt suspicious.

Venom Soag's moves in this game have consistently struck me as Scum Mind opportunism. I would also vote TNL. I am also suspicious that The Betrayer is also Scum and they are all cross-bussing, but that's a meta view. Keep it in mind.

Venom's vote on 100 seems functionally identical to the vote on 100 he voted Sodo for.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Power of Pecota posted:

Venom's vote on 100 seems functionally identical to the vote on 100 he voted Sodo for.

like I said, he decided to call me scum before actually making a case on me because my name had been thrown around, and he felt it would be a safe vote that could gain traction in the future. A completely scum way of making votes/cases

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can we no lynch?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

Can we no lynch?

no :mad:

Lumpen posted:

I haven't decided yet, I'm gonna go vote (:ussr:) and look at it when I get back~

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol imagine voting

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it's nice of you to join us in this game that you are definitely playing and participating in

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's d1 and you all wouldn't listen anyway

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

try us, you might be surprised

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's d1 and you all wouldn't listen anyway

If you have something to say I'd like to hear it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why would reading his battle stats help you decide his alignment? Even the scum players are going to have skills and stats. I don't think that should hold any importance in alignment.

Fair question. It gave me an idea about Punt's flavour/character which makes me think he's less likely to be scum.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

Fair question. It gave me an idea about Punt's flavour/character which makes me think he's less likely to be scum.

Can you explain this? I mean if this was legit a mass claim would solve the game right? (I don't think it is but I want to hear you explain it)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tnl pop and mags are all scum

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Sodomeow posted:

Can you explain this? I mean if this was legit a mass claim would solve the game right? (I don't think it is but I want to hear you explain it)

It's likely that scum have been given fake flavour to make it not solvable.

But imagine for the sake of example that I were a filthy Greek. If someone breadcrumbed Achilles, I probably wouldn't vote them D1.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Tremendous Taste posted:

Tnl pop and mags are all scum

I could see this

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

It's likely that scum have been given fake flavour to make it not solvable.

But imagine for the sake of example that I were a filthy Greek. If someone breadcrumbed Achilles, I probably wouldn't vote them D1.

That's silly though, Achilles could easily be some scums fake claim, it is careless to clear anyone based on flavor, even if they claim Zeus.

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
also I don't know poo poo about the lore or about ancient mythologoy or whatever this is based around

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Betrayer's been posting in another game but not this one.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Sodomeow posted:

Bullshit it has nothing to do with the fact that the vote is on me, it just so happens that it is

more bullshit from the liar theres a shock im just pushing your buttons and you think an omgus is legit scumhunting on your part

lumpen your either scum or delusional too mate if your talking about any kind of real scumhunting day one how about you do something other than being a pompous white knight arsehole

tremendoustaste saying theres no point to posting day one is crap too

all a sack of muppets take you to the river and drown you in a sack i reckon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd like one of the two dunks to be S31 today, so if we could get something like 5-6 votes on them that'd be nice.

I think I'm looking at a team of Amoeba/Lumpen/Imgay/Pecota/Bifaux/Tithin, you have a few hours to talk me out of it.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote S31

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015
go throw a boomerang with your kangaroo venom

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd like one of the two dunks to be S31 today, so if we could get something like 5-6 votes on them that'd be nice.

I think I'm looking at a team of Amoeba/Lumpen/Imgay/Pecota/Bifaux/Tithin, you have a few hours to talk me out of it.

mate I cannot stress enough that you are missing out if you dont take me im the dogs bollocks in combat

##vote s31

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

also people voting for me when half the thread is mia dont know poo poo about mafia

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that sounds like a real shrimp on the barbie, venom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodomeow
Sep 26, 2015

Venom Soag posted:

also people voting for me when half the thread is mia dont know poo poo about mafia

rather lynch a scummy player than a lurker

• Locked thread