Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/10/elon-musk-if-you-dont-make-it-at-tesla-you-go-work-at-apple-im-not-kidding/

Elon Musk posted:

If you don’t make it at Tesla, you go work at Apple. I’m not kidding.

lol. shots fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bunch of tesla idiots were in my local bar one night they had that whole "reasonably smart but not nearly as much as they think they are" vibe like google people do

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

bunch of tesla idiots were in my local bar one night they had that whole "reasonably smart but not nearly as much as they think they are" vibe like tech people do

ftfy

though in fairness, it's entirely valid without anything preceding "people"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
FTA, just for cremnob

quote:

The sick burns continued when Musk was asked if he took Apple seriously as a competitor in the automotive market. "Did you ever take a look at the Apple Watch?" he laughed... "No, seriously: it’s good that Apple is moving and investing in this direction," he added. "But cars are very complex compared to phones or smart watches. You can’t just go to a supplier like Foxconn and say: 'Build me a car.'"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
hey, guess which company has a bunch of tech nerd millionaires that buy overpriced electric vehicles working in it...

quote:

@elonmusk: Yo, I don't hate Apple. It's a great company with a lot of talented people. I love their products and I'm glad they're doing an EV.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

infernal machines posted:

FTA, just for cremnob

i'm the commenter who immediately pointed out that this is what tesla went to lotus and said "build me a car" for their first car.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i'm not actually that commenter but he said what i was thinking like he was in my brain or something

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
why would u go to ltosu of all people

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
has anyone said elan musk yet

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Tesla coil-your-rear end-around-a-dude's-dick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tesla is the nerdiest fuckin name

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Stux posted:

why would u go to ltosu of all people

because they do design and build for hire at a small scale

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

echinopsis posted:

tesla is the nerdiest fuckin name

lol teh oatmael

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
huh

oatmeal sucks

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

quote:

The sick burns continued when Musk was asked if he took Apple seriously as a competitor in the automotive market. "Did you ever take a look at the Apple Watch?" he laughed, as if the seamless stainless steel construction and hand-crafted leather bands of Apple's latest i-thing were nothing to him.

oh my god who writes like this

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

elon apologists

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mido posted:

oh my god who writes like this

yeah, i had to edit that from my quote

reads like some 50 shades fanfic

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
drive-by ban cremnob

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
lol, let me know when tesla figures out how to make a car whose tail lights align with those on the trunk

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
don't worry, the apple car probably wouldn't have any sort of design quality either, tim doesn't care about that sort of thing

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think my midlife crisis car will be a cayman, maybe this years model before they go to turbo 4s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I want first edition supercharged mr2 as my mid life crises mobile

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

code:
PEEK cremnob;
POKE marissa

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

lmaooooooooooo tesla stock down 10% cause consumer reports pulled its recommendation cause the car was garbage

http://www.consumerreports.org/cars/tesla-reliability-doesnt-match-its-high-performance

tesla is 1990s apple. and they're hosed if apple's car comes from 2015 apple

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
“A minor amount of play developed in the differential gears. Tesla replaced the entire drive system. Remarkable service!”

gonna be pretty funny in 2 years when its out of warranty and this costs like 20k

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Those automatically retractable door handles are a signature element of Tesla vehicles, but when they don’t work they effectively lock drivers out. (We had this problem with our Model S P85D.)

lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it sure is a good thing apple is snapping up the people that made such an amazing product

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
do the door handles not have a manual open failover or whatever? Like a twisty pole in the bottom or some poo poo?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Lol that software can brick your car. The future sucks.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

The future sucks.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Smythe posted:

do the door handles not have a manual open failover or whatever? Like a twisty pole in the bottom or some poo poo?

i'll give you 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count...

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
theres a hole you can stick a paperclip into and it pops open

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

Stymie posted:

it sure is a good thing apple is snapping up the people that made such an amazing product

Apparently Apple snapped the people who didn't meet Tesla's standards so...

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrwxEX8qOxA

ahahhashaha holy poo poo

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

it sees the oncoming lexus GX as competing luxury car brand and tries to destroy it

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
boop boop boop BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP...whoa...

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

arent you explicitly only supposed to use it on the highway

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

arent you explicitly only supposed to use it on the highway

well, that is a highway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

French Canadian posted:

boop boop boop BOOP BOOP BOOP BOOP...whoa...

it's like a helicopter, there's the "oh poo poo" alarm, the "poo poo's hosed alarm", and there is no third alarm because you're already dead

• Locked thread