Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Eh, just have it impact the ground in a big explosion of dirt like every movie before CGI did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
A gun that blows up fighter jets in a single shot doesnt need to scratch a man because Star Wars.
Yes, i can easily get behind this logic.

quote:

h, just have it impact the ground in a big explosion of dirt like every movie before CGI did.
Better solution hands down.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010
Oh boy. I'm just so tired of all these Star Wars.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

If jj abrahams does well with this war movie maybe he'll get the chance to reboot saving private ryan!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
jar jar abrams

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Serious post: jjbrams Howard the Duck

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The guns on an X-Wing are approximatly 15ft. long high powered laser cannons used to vaporize enemy fighters, as shown 5 seconds before same gun hits a trooper in the chest and causes him to stumble backwards and fall over with his upper body fully intact.

I prefer to think the storm trooper was just absolutely liquified inside his armor

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone mentioned that the stormtrooper in the fancy gold armour and cape is played by a woman? Because I'm pretty sure that is making certain people piss themselves in furious anger.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
hopefully we get to see stormtroopers being very effective soldiers, tactical and precise and overwhelming because its kind of annoying that everyone thinks they're dumb lummoxes

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Lodin posted:

Has anyone mentioned that the stormtrooper in the fancy gold armour and cape is played by a woman? Because I'm pretty sure that is making certain people piss themselves in furious anger.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
hopefully we get to see a Stormtrooper shoot Chubaka in his furry dick

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

lol racist sexist nerds

:allears:

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009
Has anybody worked out why the black stormtrooper man is always running around looking sweaty and scared?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
wouldnt a laser gun or hatever fired in an atmosphere create like aa huge explosion all around it as the air is vaporized by the plasma sorta like a lightning bolt. i dunno im not a space scientist

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

ultrabindu posted:

Has anybody worked out why the black stormtrooper man is always running around looking sweaty and scared?

or why he was raised from birth to be a storms trooper but he is all chunky and out of shape

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, he stole a TIE and crashed in the desert. And I don't think you can actually fly those without the breathing stuff on the pilot uniform but it might have been changed in the new models.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a starwar betamax posted:

or why he was raised from birth to be a storms trooper but he is all chunky and out of shape

He's actually pretty fit, he just has a weirdly thick face

Also he's black and that is white genocide

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I just saw an X-Wing do a strafing run on some stormtroopers.

I cant decide if this was the dumbest or coolest thing Star Wars ever had.
Tie Fighters and X-Wings duking it out in atmoshperic environment is pretty much causing parts of my brain to shut down, which on the other hand might come in handy during the movie...

You think TIEs and X-Wings can't operate in an atmosphere?

Pff.

good.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
gwendoline christie is a loving babe

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
all the battle scenes in game of thrones do that cutaway from the action thing because all of the budget was spent trying to make jon snow look tall

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I cant decide if this was the dumbest or coolest thing Star Wars ever had.
Tie Fighters and X-Wings duking it out in atmoshperic environment is pretty much causing parts of my brain to shut down, which on the other hand might come in handy during the movie...

but the video games had this!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah did you even play Rogue Squadron bro?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gopd drat i'm lusting for some female bad guy on black good guy sex

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

gently caress nerds hell yes

Moltke
May 13, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Jek Tono Porkins was the resident expert on strafing in red squadron, and brought this skill to bear during the battle of yavin by running interference strafing turbolaser towers to distract from the trench runners. His hubris in his belief as an expert strafer is ultimately how he was killed when he flew to close to an exploding turbolaser tower and was struck by debris, destroying him.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I didnt see any trade talks or legislative negotiations in that trailer!

Pass.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I am a star wars fan boy what of it little bitches? Come at me

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
furthermore there is no noise in space and this has been known for a very long time

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
further furthermore how is rylo ken able to recover vaders iconic helmet despite the fact that the second death stars destruction surely destroyed the forest moon Endor upon which Vader's body was cremated

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Toadvine posted:

further furthermore how is rylo ken able to recover vaders iconic helmet despite the fact that the second death stars destruction surely destroyed the forest moon Endor upon which Vader's body was cremated

Death Star fuel cant melt Vader Face Masks.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
THe director who is directing this movie with his directing has never made a single outstanding film. At best his movies are slightly entertaining

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Zzulu posted:

THe director who is directing this movie with his directing has never made a single outstanding film. At best his movies are slightly entertaining

star wars has never been an outstanding film series

empire strikes back has iconic imagery and a compelling plot, but I dont think I would call it outstanding and its far and away the best in the series

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They need to complete the Ewok film trilogy at some point. Wilford Brimley is probably past his expiration date but the world could use more Wicket and Teek imo.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Same with George Lucas

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The world needs Ewoks vs Predator imho.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

someone needs to stop taking fashion hints from vidya games

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The world needs Ewoks vs Predator imho.

coming from the guy bitching about x-wing blast effectiveness vs. stormtrooper armor, this is problematic and very non canon of you

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Toadvine posted:

coming from the guy bitching about x-wing blast effectiveness vs. stormtrooper armor, this is problematic and very non canon of you

In a world that deems X-wing cannons being only slightly lethal vs infantry totally fine, this concept is close to perfect.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
The x-wing laser hits the ground in front of the stormtrooper, and rubble strikes him/her knocking him/her over. You can tell because the x-wing's left (pilot's perspective) canon shoots before the right canon, and the explosion from the right canon is clearly visible several feet in front of the stormtrooper. The left canon explosion would have to be even further from the trooper, with the blast obscured by the white armor.

:goonsay:

Moltke fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Oct 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

yo if you drop a lightsaber would it just cut holes into everything and fall out of the bottom of the ship, or if its on a planet would it just sink into the planet's core?

• Locked thread