Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

When the gently caress did communicable diseases become a thing.

When they added events in the alpha before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

hailthefish posted:

When they added events in the alpha before release.
Ahh, I didn't know it was amongst those.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

My favorite part of this image is that you combined your utility room and classroom. Class next to the generator!

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Looks like you are running some sort of North-Korean logging camp for zombie dissidents.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, I never thought about it, but I always do a straight square of capacitors around a generator. Do they only add bars if they are touching on one of the direct sides?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Wait, can prisoners actually chop trees down now?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

PantsFreeZone posted:

So, I never thought about it, but I always do a straight square of capacitors around a generator. Do they only add bars if they are touching on one of the direct sides?

No the straight square is the correct thing to do.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Do they plan on adding layers/floors, or is that above and beyond the engine?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Kulkasha posted:

Do they plan on adding layers/floors, or is that above and beyond the engine?
Pretty much the latter. It's a tile-based game; It can't really handle multiple layers.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Update on my north korean logging concentration camp

I've sort of standardized on a five part barracks it doesn't seem to give me much trouble

Top building is mostly cells made of wide hallways with doors on either end making up the "Cells", below that on the lest is the laundry room and some solitary cells, on the right is a holding tank with more solitary cells. They both feed through a choke point with a metal detector. Being in close proximity helps with getting them direct in to solitary. I leave a guard on duty in that chokepoint and he's pretty much busy all the time locking up dudes.

Below that is the yard which has two access points, on the one on the left shares a metal detector with the canteen. Bottom building is canteen/kitchen/power/water, self contained unit.

There seems to be an upper limit to the number of people you can train on wood workshop since the foreman is the only one that can teach classes and inmates tend to either die or leave before they make it through training.

I've decided anywhere that I have three or more metal detectors I'm putting in at least two solitary cells near by so that my guards don't have to spend so much time traveling.

I've put a bunch of showers in the hallway of my cell blocks, and prayer mats in the laundry room along with a telephone booth. Totally impractical in real life but works great in the game :getin:

Everything gets that marble tile stuff as it has a 'fast' walk speed and pretty much doubles the amount of ground your guards/janitors can cover which cuts down on how many units you have to pay daily upkeep on.

There are 150 dead bodies in this photo can you find them all??

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 15, 2015

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Pretty much the latter. It's a tile-based game; It can't really handle multiple layers.

Really messes with my plans for a Dark Knight Rises-style pit prison.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Black Griffon posted:

Really messes with my plans for a Dark Knight Rises-style pit prison.

Large prison with quadruple layered security wall?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Sure, that's what I'm planning for my new prison (turning off losing conditions just for the sake of the experiment, seeing as prisoner deaths will rack up fairly quickly), but it's just not the same.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
So I was setting up the Patrol Scheduler and I was hoping to have some guards patrol different areas at different times. For example I don't need guards patrolling the parole room 24/7 but I would like to have them patrolling the cell blocks constantly. However when I place one down it says 'Patrol Schedule 1 only'. Is there a way to have guards patrol across all different schedules?

Spasman
Nov 9, 2009

now i'm a jerk and everybody loves me
Should I worry about managing the cooks when I have multiple kitchens? Or do they actually split themselves as evenly as they can now?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

SkySteak posted:

So I was setting up the Patrol Scheduler and I was hoping to have some guards patrol different areas at different times. For example I don't need guards patrolling the parole room 24/7 but I would like to have them patrolling the cell blocks constantly. However when I place one down it says 'Patrol Schedule 1 only'. Is there a way to have guards patrol across all different schedules?
Move the timer so it's showing a time that isn't marked with a specific schedule color and then put the patrol down.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Coot posted:

Should I worry about managing the cooks when I have multiple kitchens? Or do they actually split themselves as evenly as they can now?

They will manage themselves. AFAIK you only need to worry about hiring enough cooks, having enough cookers/fridges and making sure the right kitchens/canteens are linked

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
I had this dude who was in my supermax permalockdown. poor fucker was always 25% starving. I watched my pigs run food into everyone EXCEPT him and started to assume this was some passive/aggressive behavior to cop killers or something. Anyway I got sick of him kicking off coz he was hungry so I did the old SIMS trick and walled him in till he died. The second I opened his tomb up a cop run in with a bowl of food before the corpse was even removed.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

My CCTV keeps telling me to add more monitors but I have three. About as many as the cameras.

Is this a bug or am I just stupid?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Have you connected the monitors to the cameras? One monitor can handle about 8 cameras, I think.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I have but I have a feeling I'm not doing it right. I connect them and then there's a blue slightly swirly line between them but it still says it's inactive.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

I have but I have a feeling I'm not doing it right. I connect them and then there's a blue slightly swirly line between them but it still says it's inactive.

Try connecting the other way. It matters which end you click first.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

It's a pretty dick move, but CCTV requires a closed circuit - connect from camera to monitor, and then from monitor to camera.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
No, it only has to be one way. But it has to be the right way.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

For real? The clicks I've wasted....

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Anyway, the connecting line should turn red if you did it right (assuming the game isn't paused).

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
If you want to save even more clicks, hold Shift so you don't have to re-select the monitor every time.

Works for food/laundry stuff, too.

Also ordering doctors/guards around.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nielsm posted:

Try connecting the other way. It matters which end you click first.

Can't believe they still haven't fixed this.

DeepQantas posted:

If you want to save even more clicks, hold Shift so you don't have to re-select the monitor every time.

You're a hero.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

DeepQantas posted:

What.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

DeepQantas posted:

No loving way

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
What are some of the best ways to kill your unwanted prisoners? The best method I've discovered so far is sealing them inside a room and letting them starve to death, but this process can take a while.

Are there more efficient ways to do this?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Muttonchips posted:

What are some of the best ways to kill your unwanted prisoners? The best method I've discovered so far is sealing them inside a room and letting them starve to death, but this process can take a while.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 28, 2015

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Muttonchips posted:

Assuming they are instigators/volatile or just plain unhappy all the time:

-Build a cell with a laundry machine in it, hook up power and water. Attach a valve to the water pipe. Wait for him to flip out and destroy the laundry machine, causing the water to spill out and electrocute him. Turn off Valve.
or
-Put them in lockdown/supermax cell, station at least 3 armed guards outside the cell with freefire on. Hope the first volley outright kills him when he kicks off.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I laughed way too hard at this ,thanks

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Muttonchips posted:

I don't understand the question? If they're troublemakers reclassify them as supermax and slap 'em with permanent lockdown, otherwise just wait until they parole out. Don't kill your prisoners that is bad wardening.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

CapnAndy posted:

I don't understand the question? If they're troublemakers reclassify them as supermax and slap 'em with permanent lockdown, otherwise just wait until they parole out. Don't kill your prisoners that is bad wardening.

it's like you didn't even take the correspondence course

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
I was looking for a less messy more practical solution, but these are awesome!

Away all Goats posted:

-Build a cell with a laundry machine in it, hook up power and water. Attach a valve to the water pipe. Wait for him to flip out and destroy the laundry machine, causing the water to spill out and electrocute him. Turn off Valve.
or
-Put them in lockdown/supermax cell, station at least 3 armed guards outside the cell with freefire on. Hope the first volley outright kills him when he kicks off.
These are great! Thanks!

CapnAndy posted:

Why would you do that? Put 2 troublemakers in 1x1 cells, right next to each other and wait until one of them starves. Bring in a fresh trouble maker and repeat. Put five of them next to each other and see if you can guess the order they'll die in. If you can't find any troublemakers, assign free time and nab the first one who gets into the yard. The last one also. This game really lets you flex your creative muscles.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Another option is to recruit them as informants then out them and watch them get shanked during shower time. Won't work if they're stoic obviously.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Laundry machines no longer cause electrocution as of like, a year ago. Chris admitted it was kind of a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
If you want to kill a prisoner, make him a CI and then just max out his snitch meter. Let nature take its course.

• Locked thread