Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm going golfing with some friends in a bit, nothing too serious just a quick 9, it is a fun way to get outside and have some sporting fun and also drink before 10am.

II know us goons are a very diverse group, so I was wondering if any of you pros had some secret protips that I might not know about. Right now my "strat" as the "gamers" call it is mostly "hit the ball towards the hole" but always looking for more advice.

Let's talk golf !!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If you get drunk enough you won't worry too much about finding a tree to pee behind. Pro tip.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

The Sphinxster posted:

If you get drunk enough you won't worry too much about finding a tree to pee behind. Pro tip.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/golf/make-it-stop-a-golf-club-that-holds-your-pee/

I said this was a thread for PROtips you fukkin noob :rolleyes:

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

pick up ball and put it in your pocket (you'll have to have a pocket for this to work) then just sit back and drink and when your group works up 2 the putting green you can place it into the hole using your hands (you'll have to have hands for this part)(also for the first part)

Digital Fingers fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 24, 2015

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Drive for show.
Putt for dough.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

if you rent a golf cart make sure you also make the horn sounds with your mouth every time you hit the horn.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Golf is stupid and lame but drinking is cool and good so I don't know what to think. Day drinking is the tits though so I guess I approve.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Anyone would use that still has some modesty. Not drunk enough = not playing the game, son.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hit one of your unsuspecting friends in the back with your 4 iron as hard as you can when they're taking a shot. Really fucks with their concentration and you'll probably win by a lot.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you stupid rear end in a top hat

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
i enjoy alcoholic beverages.

alcoholic beverages come in a variety of types such as beer, vodka and whiskey.

money can be used to purchase such alcoholic beverages.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

make sure your drink has a little umbrella in it so you don't get sunburned

Moltke
May 13, 2009
Make sure the golf course doesn't let women and jews join

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
golf is pretty dumb but i like the drinking
and i wouldnt have found out how good cigars are without golf

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Digital Fingers posted:

if you rent a golf cart make sure you also make the horn sounds with your mouth every time you hit the horn.

Digital Fingers posted:

make sure your drink has a little umbrella in it so you don't get sunburned

See, these are the kind of pro tips that I am talking about, thank you!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dad gay. so what posted:

you stupid rear end in a top hat

Would you like to come golfing with us?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Make sure to leave some cash in the 9th and 18th hole. This is how you tip the landscaping staff.

Jackfruited Stormtrooper
Feb 15, 2007

master of his domain
indignantly steal a golf cart for your grueling 9 hole session also if you come across any cart girls just ram them and steal their carta as well (it's both filled with and powered by booze)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Just all us Bros out here playing with our pitching wedges but where are all the catching wedges???? :wiggle:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

white chris rock posted:

indignantly steal a golf cart for your grueling 9 hole session also if you come across any cart girls just ram them and steal their carta as well (it's both filled with and powered by booze)

i think you are confusing golf with the hit video game "sid meier's pirates!"

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
when the drink girl comes around be sure to ask her if she comes here often, they love it

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

I want to get one of those and try it out in midtown Manhattan.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
come on frisbee gang, lets lob some discs at these ball lovers

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

mr.capps posted:

come on frisbee gang, lets lob some discs at these ball lovers

yeah throw a disc at a bunch of drunk guys armed with metal clubs, I'm sure it'll go well 4 u

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Freestyle disc golf assault is probably the most harmless crime

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

yeah throw a disc at a bunch of drunk guys armed with metal clubs, I'm sure it'll go well 4 u

You don't want to see why they call me "Oddjob"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

rabble rabble posted:

when the drink girl comes around be sure to ask her if she comes here often, they love it

Ask them of they want to see your bird.......ie

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

mr.capps posted:

You don't want to see why they call me "Oddjob"

because you're banned from the Goldeneye tournament during retro game nights?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

I'm going golfing with some friends in a bit, nothing too serious just a quick 9, it is a fun way to get outside and have some sporting fun and also drink before 10am.

II know us goons are a very diverse group, so I was wondering if any of you pros had some secret protips that I might not know about. Right now my "strat" as the "gamers" call it is mostly "hit the ball towards the hole" but always looking for more advice.

Let's talk golf !!!!!!

If you suck at golf you need to shorten your swing so your left arm is parallel with the ground at the end of your backswing.

Golf owns and is good because you can get super drunk and hit on the cart girl. I dare anyone in this thread to name one better thing than golf.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Dave_Indeed posted:

I dare anyone in this thread to name one better thing than golf.

drunk posting on something awful?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Being drunk and not giving a poo poo about anything?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I only hit par twice but a drank the poo poo out of that pint of whiskey, good game overall I'd say

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Nooner posted:

I only hit par twice but a drank the poo poo out of that pint of whiskey, good game overall I'd say

ooh la dee daa with your golf and your fine aged whiskey and caviar, come back when you're drinking dirty vodka at a demolition derby scrub :smug:

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Dave_Indeed posted:

I dare anyone in this thread to name one better thing than golf.

not wasting increasingly scarce natural resources on land that does nothing? just spitballing here

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Horniest Manticore posted:

not wasting increasingly scarce natural resources on land that does nothing? just spitballing here

On the other hand golf is fun and good.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Have you driven through this loving country?

Do you know just how much "gently caress nothing" there is in it?

I agree it's opulent, but there is still plenty of loving land for anyone to develop and build upon.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
which is more wasteful, golf or nascar?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Good loving question!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Grass is a naturally renewing resource, fossil fuels are not :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Nooner posted:

Grass is a naturally renewing resource, fossil fuels are not :smuggo:

and how do you think they keep the grass that short? a bunch of guys with scissors? :smugdroid:

• Locked thread