Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Tim Kennedy is cool

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
The NSAC has begun their court-ordered re-hearing of Wanderlei Silva.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

Anyone got a gif of Romero sparking him out?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gjbq5_1zK...2BUFC%2B178.gif

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I've only ever heard of the flag being taken down at the end of the day at government buildings and schools. Like seriously what insane person ritualistically takes down a flag everyday. I can only imagine what Kennedy thinks of those little wooden stick flags people put in their lawn for the fourth.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Silva's re-hearing sounds like it will be rescheduled. The lawyer from the Nevada AG's office came up with new documents and didn't give Silva's lawyers some kind of required 10 day notice before the meeting.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I know gun laws vary everywhere but isn't a giant drum magazine like that illegal to have?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Trast posted:

I know gun laws vary everywhere but isn't a giant drum magazine like that illegal to have?

T Ken still regularly does special forces training

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Trast posted:

Not in Texas.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Seltzer posted:

I've only ever heard of the flag being taken down at the end of the day at government buildings and schools. Like seriously what insane person ritualistically takes down a flag everyday. I can only imagine what Kennedy thinks of those little wooden stick flags people put in their lawn for the fourth.

everybody above a certain age, like anyone who was alive during the kennedy assasination and earlier. you would be shocked how much people used to care about and value things

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Northjayhawk posted:

Silva's re-hearing sounds like it will be rescheduled. The lawyer from the Nevada AG's office came up with new documents and didn't give Silva's lawyers some kind of required 10 day notice before the meeting.

like what? new pics of Wanderlei snorting powdered horse semen?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

coconono posted:

like what? new pics of Wanderlei snorting powdered horse semen?

An affidavit from someone at the UFC

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Apparently a Teamsters Union rep is speaking on behalf of Nick Diaz against the NSAC

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Culinary Union rep: "unfair treatment of fighters by NSAC will drive MMA and boxing away from Nevada."

Am I dead? Did I die?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

-Atom- posted:

T Ken still regularly does special forces training

With none of the weapons in that picture. Kennedy is just a kook. They don't take their guns home, he just thinks he needs that poo poo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm proud to live in a country where a man who hoards guns to guard against and oppressive and overbearing government can feel no shame or irony as he browbeats his neighbors for not conforming to the governments exacting standards for flag etiquette.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

america STUPID

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Caio Magalhaes is apologizing, grovelling, begging for mercy, and letting the NSAC know he lost money on his fight. I imagine he'll be lightly punished.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

Seltzer posted:

Well, when the person doing that with the flag spends their entire day on the porch in a rocking chair it's actually not that inconvenient of a chore.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

maffew buildings posted:

With none of the weapons in that picture. Kennedy is just a kook. They don't take their guns home, he just thinks he needs that poo poo

When you have certain classifications you're afforded the right to larger magazines and the like that isn't available to the general public

But really it could just be Texas gonna Texas kind of thing, but that's how it operates in California

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
huh, things tense at NSAC I guess

quote:

@jeremybotter 51 seconds ago

Just a side note: there is actually heavy security at today’s meeting. Three armed guards outside the door. Afraid of MMA Fans?

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm proud to live in a country where a man who hoards guns to guard against and oppressive and overbearing government can feel no shame or irony as he browbeats his neighbors for not conforming to the governments exacting standards for flag etiquette.

God Bless the USA

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

When you have certain classifications you're afforded the right to larger magazines and the like that isn't available to the general public

But really it could just be Texas gonna Texas kind of thing, but that's how it operates in California

California also has a bunch of retarded/restrictive gun laws and shouldn't be used as a basis for comparison.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Tezcatlipoca posted:

California also has a bunch of retarded/restrictive gun laws and shouldn't be used as a basis for comparison.

yeah, there are a lot of states with no limitations on magazine size

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Magalhaes suspended 6 months and ordered to do 40 hours community service, teaching BJJ

NSAC now moving on to Rousimar Palhares

edit: Palhares is representing himself on skype without legal counsel. :lol:

Northjayhawk fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 29, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Northjayhawk posted:

Magalhaes suspended 6 months and ordered to do 40 hours community service, teaching BJJ

gently caress is there a stream of this

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Tezcatlipoca posted:

yeah but Tim Kennedy still rules though

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

1st AD posted:

gently caress is there a stream of this

Sadly no.

https://twitter.com/jeremybotter
Is live twitting it.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Northjayhawk posted:

Oh sweet jesus, thinking about this is making me cringe more than every episode of Peep Show and Curb Your Enthusiasm combined.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Northjayhawk posted:

not having a lawyer is probably the smartest thing you can do when it comes to dealing with the NSAC

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
I'm not sure because twitter is unclear, but his "defense" seems to be that he had difficulty understanding or following the ref's directions.

Unless the ref is very unclear, that does not seem like a valid defense at all.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Northjayhawk posted:

I'm not sure because twitter is unclear, but his "defense" seems to be that he had difficulty understanding or following the ref's directions.

It might be a valid defense for someone who had never fought MMA before, or who had never grappled before, or who had never before been disciplined for not following the ref's instructions.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

-Atom- posted:

not having a lawyer is probably the smartest thing you can do when it comes to dealing with the NSAC

Yeah they seem to see having an actual defence team as being disrespectful to NSAC.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Looks like this is just going to come down to how contrite he is in front of the NSAC. Palhares was basically put on notice to not do what he ended up doing right before the fight.

quote:

@jeremybotter 2 minutes ago

Bennett contacted Mazzagatti before the Palhares fight to make sure he gave him specific pre-fight instructions.

@jeremybotter 1 minute ago

Mazzagatti says Bennett was extremely concerned about Palhares holding submissions too long.

@jeremybotter 1 minute ago

Mazzagatti spent extra time in the locker room verbally and physically explaining the rules to Palhares.

quote:

‏@jeremybotter 1 minute ago

Mazzagatti says Palhares clearly held the submission beyond the point where he called off the fight.

@jeremybotter 25 seconds ago

He also says Palhares “absolutely did not” follow his pre-fight instructions.

@jeremybotter 22 seconds ago

Mazzagatti says it was “absolutely unsportsmanlike conduct."

Northjayhawk fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 29, 2015

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Except for that whole Nick Diaz thing.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Mazzagatti , a great broken clock.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Northjayhawk posted:

Didn't Mazzagati say they even had the instructions in the locker explicitly translated for Palhares so there wouldn't be any misunderstanding?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
uhhh... wow. He's basically blaming the ref for not properly stopping the fight. Handling questions from the NSAC badly.

quote:

@jeremybotter 36 seconds ago

Oh God. Palhares needs a lawyer. This is brutal.

edit:

quote:

@Jason_Floyd 1 minute ago

This is why you do not have your manager represent you at a commission hearing. Hire an attorney

Unless you go in intending to admit to everything, cry, and beg for mercy. Then not having a lawyer could work out. This dipshit is trying to unapologetically fight the charges on his own.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
More:

quote:

@jeremybotter 42 seconds ago

Lundvall getting FIRED UP. She’s pretty much yelling.

@jeremybotter 19 seconds ago

“It didn’t matter what your opponent did, you were going to hold it.” This is getting ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

quote:

@jeremybotter 57s57 seconds ago

Palhares says he thought Shields was kneeing him, not tapping out. This guy needs a lawyer in the worst way.

He also earlier said he didn't know who was smacking him on the back, which is retarded, no one else is in the cage other than the ref.

edit:

quote:

@Jason_Floyd 57 seconds ago

This is not going well for Rousimar Palhares. I am predicting a lengthy suspension

• Locked thread