Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Bruno Senna, loving peoples track woes once again, I love this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
lol that Mexican hat Lewis was wearing he won it by beating one of the F1 Latin America reporters at Bingo, just saw the piece.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Seriously gently caress McLaren, a whole season nearly done and they are still having poo poo like this. Button to miss qualifying.

Perez loving his 5 minutes of fame.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Seriously gently caress McLaren, a whole season nearly done and they are still having poo poo like this. Button to miss qualifying.

it's not like it matters, he was going to start from the back anyway.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Good luck Perez. :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is the year Ron Dennis' karma had been saving itself for.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
With a 50-place penalty, I'm surprised he isn't starting from the back and a lap behind.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
This crowd is the best, the circuit is packed, everyone is having a great time. This is a great scene for F1.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why the gently caress shouldn't customer engines subsidise the hideously high cost of engine development. The piss and biscuits teams are free to gently caress off and develop their own.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Seriously even if they have the outright fastest car next year (unlikely) there'd be a strong possibility they'd lose the championship due to reliability.

Also gently caress following the hometown hero, didn't we give commercial rights to the FOM to stop this?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Congratulations on 100 races of being poo poo Kimi.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Didn't he at one point hold the record for most consecutive non DNFs?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

1500quidporsche posted:

Seriously even if they have the outright fastest car next year (unlikely) there'd be a strong possibility they'd lose the championship due to reliability.

so a return to form

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
So is this track good or poo poo? Looks flat.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dubs posted:

so a return to form

more or less yeah.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Track is both good and poo poo, also it wants to murder the drivers and is holding a special grudge against bottas.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
LOL Croft equated Alonso with the Manors.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The straight is so long its loving with the DRS which should make the race good. As soon as it closes some cars see some snap oversteer.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Good names for turns: Ascari, Senna, Vettel, Mansell, Claire.

Rubbish names for turns: Verstappen, Hamilton, Maldonado, Ricciardo, Bottas.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I dread to think what a Maldonado turn would look like

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
re: engine bollocks. If the FIA are so determined to cap the engines at 12m/year, how about they pay the extra out of the slush fund they throw at the top teams every year?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

frankenbeans posted:

re: engine bollocks. If the FIA are so determined to cap the engines at 12m/year, how about they pay the extra out of the slush fund they throw at the top teams every year?

FIA and logic, lmao.

Also they don't want to cap them at 12m, they want everyone to reject it so they can come back with a better but still poo poo offer and convince everybody it's reasonable.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That tight bit thru the stadium looks like a bottleneck.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

frankenbeans posted:

As a man who works in insurance this wouldn't work and it'd raise the price even more.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nsaP posted:

That tight bit thru the stadium looks like a bottleneck.

I'm expecting atleast 2 red flags in the race because of that section and :siren:Mansell Corner:siren:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I now name thee "evil manor" now all the likeable people have quit

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This track.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The engine is bad. I hope this helps.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
12 mill is 'lol go racin without engines then retards' money

unless they want manufs to supply more teams to recoup

teams like redbull oh i get it

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Thanks Ants posted:

FIA and logic, lmao.

Also they don't want to cap them at 12m, they want everyone to reject it so they can come back with a better but still poo poo offer and convince everybody it's reasonable.

1500quidporsche posted:

As a man who works in insurance this wouldn't work and it'd raise the price even more.

Both true. :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I see we are joined by people who didn't watch free practice. I suggest you catch up on them before the race as they were more entertaining than 90% of the season. We had many many slides, 360s, cars hitting walls and Rosberg narrowly missing going face first into a wall only to have his brakes catch on fire like he was in a cartoon.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
12 million doesn't seem that expensive when you consider how much money F1 earns in a year, it's about what football teams pay to one of their top players in a year for instance.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Bernie just needs to stop being such a cheap leprechaun

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Claire didn't look too happy having Jean Todt beside her.

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
Kimi is bad and poo poo, surprising nobody

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I get the impression that if crofty was unemployed than he would have no friends, and that he's always the designated driver but doesn't mind really, no really, it's totally cool.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Track seems bad and poo poo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nsaP posted:

Track seems bad and poo poo

It was better in FP1 and 2. I get the feeling the race is going to be like the first Sochi race.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Track is awesome and cool because it's hard to drive on and is forcing them to earn their money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It was, now its rubbered up and is boring.

• Locked thread