Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

WHAT IS GOING ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Are we getting more???

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i hope it's steve

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

and on the third day he rose.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Never Forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

argondamn posted:

and on the third day he rose.

An doth he said "Happy Painting, God Bless."

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
also holy poo poo 175k people were watching that as it ended.

what's the most twitch has ever had on at once, i'm not 14 so i don't really watch people play dota or whatever.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

axeil posted:

also holy poo poo 175k people were watching that as it ended.

what's the most twitch has ever had on at once, i'm not 14 so i don't really watch people play dota or whatever.

the highest i can find on google is about 133K so that might have been the biggest twitch stream ever

god i really hope steve ross comes back and makes another joy of painting series with all this popularity, it'd be so excellent

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Twitter has been blowing up with#thankyoubob #keepbob #happytrees #believe ; and he is trending worldwide

This was honestly probably one the best things I've witnessed.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

ThePutty posted:

the highest i can find on google is about 133K so that might have been the biggest twitch stream ever

god i really hope steve ross comes back and makes another joy of painting series with all this popularity, it'd be so excellent

EVO 2k15 peaked at 222k viewers on twitch and I'm pretty sure it wasn't even the largest ever.

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer
Not sure if this has been posted, but a nice "intermission" song while we wait for the countdown.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

dota/lol has like well over 500k when their majors happen so ya this isn't even that close

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

BlazingSun posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, but a nice "intermission" song while we wait for the countdown.

Normally I'd say something snarky about this video being posted earlier on this page. And I guess I just did. But I feel kinda bad about it.

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer

FredMSloniker posted:

Normally I'd say something snarky about this video being posted earlier on this page. And I guess I just did. But I feel kinda bad about it.

Whoops! I forgot to refresh.

Didn't mean to make a mistake. Just a happy accident.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
gently caress ambien, Bob Ross is the best sleeping medication available. Pull him up while in bed and he lulls you to sleep thinking happy thoughts

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
My kids and I tried season 20, episode 1. poo poo is not s easy s that loving wizard makes it seem.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 7, 2015

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

The Dregs posted:

My kids and I tried season 20, episode 1. poo poo is not s easy s that loving wizard makes it seem.

I hope yours is the 4th one, if not lol your kid is better than you. Kill urself.

Just kidding, if one of them did that 4th one, get them a full painting setup stat.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

gotta recoup the money from all those donated paintings somehow :10bux:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Dregs posted:

It's because he'd practice the poo poo out of what he was going to do before taping the show, and the show clearly uses some match cuts to make everything seem like one instant take.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

The Dregs posted:

You using oils or acrylics? Im guessing acrylics with the kids which makes this technique incredibly difficult. Good work btw, practice makes perfect and god bless.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Nope. Oils, but lovely ones. Yeah, mine is the fourth. two of the kids said, "gently caress it", and started painting in monsters. First time ever doing any kind of painting for any of us, but I do draw a lot.

My daughter named hers "Attack on Smudgeberry Mountain"

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

they look better with monsters flying around in them.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
Yeah, what this really needs is pterosaurs.

mind the walrus posted:

It's because he'd practice the poo poo out of what he was going to do before taping the show, and the show clearly uses some match cuts to make everything seem like one instant take.
Eh, he had practice doing hundreds of landscape paintings. He knew how to make a little cloud, a happy little tree, all the usual things he'd do. I don't think there was any reason for him to practice each and every painting repeatedly.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

In two days, the countdown will end...

AND ANDY KAUFMAN WILL PREMIERE HIS NEW PAINTING SHOW!!!!!

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

mike12345 posted:

In two days, the countdown will end...

AND ANDY KAUFMAN WILL PREMIERE HIS NEW PAINTING SHOW!!!!!

bob ross as executive producer on tupac's new painting show out of palestine

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Bob Ross 2: Painted With Blood

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Dregs posted:

Those are pretty drat good for a first try. Keep at it, you can do it. :3:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Dregs posted:

I dunno those don't look too bad. Obviously it isn't gonna turn out perfect every time but it doesn't look hideous. Keep practicing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

axeil posted:

I dunno those don't look too bad. Obviously it isn't gonna turn out perfect every time but it doesn't look hideous. Keep practicing.

:agreed: For a first try at the Bob Ross style, I think those turned out pretty nice. :) I need to give it a try myself one of these days.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Yeah..each of those colors mixed and those ways of loading, holding , and applying the brush have to be done just so. It looks like he's just slapping things on t random, but the dude is actually being very precise. My wife got impatient and tried to do her own thing with the colors I mixed, and hers ended up looking like bad watercolor. She's ll the way on the right. I made smaller mistakes, and mine ended up looking like something you'd buy for the frame in a thrift shop. I was trying to follow the directions exactly, too.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

mind the walrus posted:

Pretty sure he taped several episodes in a single day. No rehearsals or editing he's just painted those exact paintings hundreds of times in malls and poo poo (i think he had a roadshow)

His real practice is painting several paintings of nature poo poo every single day for several decades and selling a lot of them.

In one episode he mentioned when he started that he just got a huge canvas and filled the entire canvas with different mountains stacked on each other. Then figure out which ones worked or didn't work and scrape all the oil paint off and start over again

Khorne
May 1, 2002

coolskillrex remix posted:

Pretty sure he taped several episodes in a single day. No rehearsals or editing he's just painted those exact paintings hundreds of times in malls and poo poo (i think he had a roadshow)

His real practice is painting several paintings of nature poo poo every single day for several decades and selling a lot of them.

In one episode he mentioned when he started that he just got a huge canvas and filled the entire canvas with different mountains stacked on each other. Then figure out which ones worked or didn't work and scrape all the oil paint off and start over again
The truth is in the middle. He'd paint a first version quickly, and then he'd paint the one you see on tv, and then he'd paint a third version very slowly for his photobooks or whatever he had back in the day.

He really did do multiple episodes in a day, and the painting really was a single painting in the episodes. He did use the first painting as a reference, like he'd look over at it, and I'm sure they cut that out. But yeah, he really could churn these out in under an hour.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

http://kotaku.com/bob-ross-will-now-be-a-weekly-show-on-twitch-1741445228

Joy of Painting will air forever on Twitch. Every Monday from 3:00 PM to 9:30 PM PST they will rerun a season. Then every year on his birthday, they will air everything at once as a marathon, just like they just finished doing.

:unsmith:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

FPzero posted:

Joy of Painting will air forever on Twitch. Every Monday from 3:00 PM to 9:30 PM PST they will rerun a season. Then every year on his birthday, they will air everything at once as a marathon, just like they just finished doing.

That's fantastic.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?

FPzero posted:

We won! I'm so excited for this; keep your Monday Night Football. We have Monday Night Foothills.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

FPzero posted:

I guess Bob Ross hates those of us stuck in Europe.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

FPzero posted:

#ThankYouBobRoss

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Murphy Brownback posted:

I guess Bob Ross hates those of us stuck in Europe.

huh poo poo

• Locked thread