Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 7

imgay (3): Pinterest Mom, King Burgundy, Captain Foo

Not Voting (2): imgay, Quidnose

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 10th, 2015 at 10 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days.

It didn’t take the group very long to accuse imgay of being a culprit in this mystery. He had been odd and quiet throughout the week, which didn’t sit well with the remaining occupants. He didn’t offer much defense when they accosted him in the main lobby, but when a hand grabbed some hair and pulled, it just jerked his head back. “I’m James Jenkins,” he said, “At least I got to see one magic trick.” The rest of the group pushed him out the door and locked it behind them.

imgay (James Jenkins, Hotel Guest), town aligned vanilla, was unmasked on D7

You have 24 hours to submit any night actions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The group had now spent a full week in the hotel trying to solve the mystery of who killed an annoying talking puppy. The annoying bangs, thumps, squeaks and creaks were, of course, present in the night, but by now nobody thought twice about them. Although tonight, those sounds were occasionally overpowered by thunderous rainstorm. There were only a few people left and they all wondered just what was going to happen tonight. When the morning finally arrived the group quickly noticed that Captain Foo didn’t come out for breakfast, which was unusual since he was usually the first one there. When they opened his room they found his identity but he was nowhere to be found.

Captain Foo (Scooby Doo, Mystery Inc), town aligned tracker, was kidnapped on N7.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 8

Not Voting (3): King Burgundy, Pinterest Mom, Quidnose

With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 10th, 2015 at 10:10 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rofl.

Quid, if you seriously NK'd your own teammate, you are the best.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Whichever one of you is scum. You've totally earned this victory. Tell me who to vote for.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh no. This isn't Truman Show mafia is it?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Guys, c'mon, the suspense is killing me here.

Either Quid killed his own teammate on a scum team of only 3, or Pin is a second godfather in a game with two cops. Either is kinda amazing. Just fess up, the victory is yours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh no I have to choose

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh no I have to choose

Choose to tell me the truth about your town or scumness? :)

EIther way, town or scum, you know I'm not scum thanks to the previous night's two kills. I was responsible for Hiip. Scum killed Pizza. There was apparently only 1 scum left?

I'm 3p and can win with either of you. :shrug:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

When you visited me, you turned me into a scum usurper.

So I offed my godfather as the NK.

You unfortunately offed my scum team member the same time.

I hope you'll make the right choice here and vote for your bro, KB, because I didn't NK you last night.

I would have done this in the mason doc but I figured that doing it publicly was more honorable. I could lie about it right now and try to convince you but I figured after all you did getting some LYLO and hoping for the best was the way to go~

##vote Pmom Do the right thing, KB. Choose the dark side~

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That is amazing.

##vote Pin

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
There were only three people left and they knew one of them was the culprit. Surprisingly, Quidnose confessed to being the guilty party and that a connection with Mystical Marcus had been made when they met in the night. The two made a deal to share the profits of the ruby and run off into the sunset together. They quickly overpowered the last remaining member of the Mystery Inc, Pinterest Mom, and threw him into the cellar with the rest of the gang. Unfortunately, they weren’t able to solve this case and the bad guys got away, but at least nobody got hurt. Well, except for Scrappy, but nobody cared about him. An angry Tommunist and Tremendous Taste released the kids from the cellar the next day. As they walked away, Tommunist said, “We would have solved the case if it weren’t for those meddling kids!”

Pinterest Mom (Shaggy Rodgers, Mystery Inc), town aligned Loudmouth/1xBP, was unmasked on D8.

Several days later, the Magician and his Assistant were on a sandy beach enjoying icy drinks.

King Burgundy (Mystical Marcus, Hotel Guest), 3P aligned Survivor, found the ruby and survived to the end of the game fulfilling his win condition!

Quidnose (Pauline Porter, Hotel Guest), scum aligned JOAT (Usurper), has won the game for the scum team!

edit -
MOD DOC!
SCUM DOC!
3P MASON DOC
DEAD DOC

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 9, 2015

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I feel pleased with myself, I think~

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Really well played, Quid. Congratulations!

Great game, Madman!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Congrats Quid, you did awesome.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for playing everyone. I had fun modding it and I was laughing most of the time while reading along.

The ruby made Grandicap hated, but also made him Vengeful which was part of the delay after his hammer. He had instructions on how to pass to the ruby with his vengeful kill, but I moved the ruby to the person who hammered him because that is how it would be passed after that point. I waited as long as I could for Grandi, but I had to move the game forward. If I had known that he might not have wifi for several days, I would have just extended the deadline by 24 hours.

There was one other hidden event in that if Scooby (Foo) ever visited Shaggy (PMom), they would have become confirmed masons, but that pretty much got blown out the water when Tommunist outed PMom.

Also, Tommunist and Taste were basically decoys. The flavor cop only got results of Mystery Inc, Hotel Guest, Hilltop Resident and Taste was a naive cop.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I think that is my first 3p win.

Man, the low information modding from TMM really threw me for a loop. I wasn't sure what the heck was happening half the time. :)

It's a good thing I wasn't town since I was wrong about every single scum read I had except Gamer.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

I think that is my first 3p win.

Man, the low information modding from TMM really threw me for a loop. I wasn't sure what the heck was happening half the time. :)

It's a good thing I wasn't town since I was wrong about every single scum read I had except Gamer.

Well, you succeeded on your kills against both PMom and Hiip. It's just PMom had a 1xBP that you hit and then Hiip doctored himself.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Well, you succeeded on your kills against both PMom and Hiip. It's just PMom had a 1xBP that you hit and then Hiip doctored himself.

Yup, I can see what happened now. It was just odd not getting failure messages. :)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

The second day at the Hotel started with some lively discussion as several people bandied about the names of various suspects. The group had started to settle on Grandicap when Tommunist suddenly revealed some startling information and stunned everyone into silence. When they started talking again, the group decided that they hated Grandicap and he was part of the mystery. He had been spending a lot of his time in his room, so the group broke down his door and found him sitting quietly in a room dominated by a painting of a previous magic act, The Great Gregor. Right under, broken yellow plaster revealed that someone hammered a hole in the wall but if anything was hidden there it’s gone now. Grandicap didn’t resist or even flinch when a hand grabbed his hair, but before it could pull Grandicap said, “Don’t bother, I’m Betty Bridges and I was just here to see the magic show.” The group pushed her out the front door and locked the door behind them.

Hey KB, I told you were the ruby went after Grandi got lynched.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Yup, I can see what happened now. It was just odd not getting failure messages. :)

Because you didn't fail. :)

You left your room and visited your target successfully.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hey KB, I told you were the ruby went after Grandi got lynched.

Oh jesus. I'm an idiot.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Oh jesus. I'm an idiot.

You don't know how many times I laughed at you bringing that up in the mason doc and didn't see it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

You don't know how many times I laughed at you bringing that up in the mason doc and didn't see it.

Like, if I had read it once, ok, easy to miss. I read that SO many times.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Like, if I had read it once, ok, easy to miss. I read that SO many times.

I know it had to be driving you nuts until you found it.

Also, the game could have gone differently at two points, the first is when KB sent an action to Search Quid and then only like a minute later wanted to change his target to Foo. He sent his action in pretty quickly and I was actually a bit torn because my natural instinct would be to allow the change, but I also wanted the hidden Usurper event to trigger. So in the end, I came down on the side of "Consider your action carefully, because once it's sent/locked in there's no changing it."

This came into effect again on N4 when Gamer quickly locked in RBing garth and then shortly before the deadline, he appeared to want to change it to RB Foo. Since the precedent had already been set, it was an easy call. But if I had allowed the change, Foo would have been RBed, but Garth would have jailed Quid and prevented him from killing Kash.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
PMom for town MVP imo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
QUIDNOSE :argh:

Great work winning it for scum though! I was silently rooting for you to die after you killed me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Game was bonkers, GJ, tmm

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sorry everyone. I knew I was going on a trip, but I expected wifi and the ability to post at least a little. There was not so I was unable to do things. The funniest thing is that I probably would have just given the ruby to KB and not used it's unmask based on the game state, so whatevs.

Thanks for the game TMM.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I'd like to think I did p drat good but drat this was a lurky game.

Good work taking it the rest of the way, Quid. :tipshat:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
town was atrocious

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

JakeP posted:

town was atrocious

as town, mega agreedo

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

town was atrocious

Well you didn't help by fake claiming cop. Although watching people flip out over there being 3 cops was hilarious.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

oh yes someone tell me what the possible point of fakeclaiming cop as town is

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gg

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Well played Quidnose. Night killing your own in a three-man scum group is a ballsy maneuver.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also I was really hoping that the last night would have Quid and KB target each other. I wanted to write a fight scene between two ghosts while Shaggy and Scooby watched in amusement.

Plus it would have meant that town won without actually catching a single scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Also I was really hoping that the last night would have Quid and KB target each other. I wanted to write a fight scene between two ghosts while Shaggy and Scooby watched in amusement.

this would have been ultra-good

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I thought about targeting him. The funny thing was that because I still thought Foo was scum, that was the reason I targeted him instead. I figured I'd kill the scum, Foo. And Foo would kill the town, Quid. Since he wouldn't want to risk killing Pin. And it would just be me and Pin left and game would be over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

thanks for the game !

• Locked thread