Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Testekill posted:

This is a good way to gently caress up your ankle.

Today I learned that Eva Marie can't do a baseball slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I feel like Eva's finisher is one of those "good in theory, terrible in execution" moves. Maybe make it a running DDT instead?

Testekill posted:

It could be worse, it could be whatever the gently caress this is.

http://i.imgur.com/WsAypTS.gifv

EIDT: I name it the "I'm going to give you a facebuster, actually gently caress you it's leg sweep time"

I think...I THINK I figured out what he was trying to do. He's trying to swing his leg front to back to help him spin backwards to do the slam. Except his foot caught on the mat and hosed him up.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Testekill posted:

It could be worse, it could be whatever the gently caress this is.

http://i.imgur.com/WsAypTS.gifv

EIDT: I name it the "I'm going to give you a facebuster, actually gently caress you it's leg sweep time"

He calls it the "Oh poo poo Skull Crushing Finale is Miz's finisher, better improvise here"

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew

Flameingblack posted:

even bring back AJ for a match

KO told us she is not coming back, thou Asuka could murder Lita in the backstage if you want. Why does everyone want Asuka to move up and not for divas to come down? If NXT gives more time for matches, wouldn't it be better to have a main roster diva to come down? Asuka v Cameron on Raw would not have been as fun as it was on NXT. Also a person needs to speend 5000 to 10000 hours on something to master it acording to a John Green video I watched. I do not think Eva Maria has the time in to give quality matches yet.

Also, no love for Fandango? A gimick I never understood why they would bother with and then be upset it gets over. Did they want a dancing fool that the crowd would boo? When the stupid dances gets over, why not feed him to heels?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Aja Kong wrestled in WWF in the mid-90s against Madusa, she was in that Joshi Survivor Series match in '95. Also, not enough people watch NXT to know or care who anyone on that roster is, outside of smark PPV audiences, so it would probably get a big fat non-reaction, not enough time to build a real match, and a confused reaction to the ending. Also also, NXT is developmental and loses money already, there's no reason to bring in experienced outsiders to lose to your experienced insider.
Is that why everyone keeps chanting "WE WANT SASHA" at events

No Luck Needed posted:

KO told us she is not coming back, thou Asuka could murder Lita in the backstage if you want. Why does everyone want Asuka to move up and not for divas to come down? If NXT gives more time for matches, wouldn't it be better to have a main roster diva to come down? Asuka v Cameron on Raw would not have been as fun as it was on NXT. Also a person needs to speend 5000 to 10000 hours on something to master it acording to a John Green video I watched. I do not think Eva Maria has the time in to give quality matches yet.
It really just depends largely on what city you're in. Any after-wrestlemania crowd is going to know who Asuka is. Kharma was over forever without even really wrestling a proper match, too. People KNOW who these are, and they WANT to like Divas like AJ or Sasha or Paige, but the Divas are just a total afterthought and most of them are either really bad at working with what they've got, or it's all just Bellas politicking that they can't get past.

Bringing in Aja to NXT would be more of a dream match that they could use to help build hype around another event on the card, they don't NEED to have an Asuka/Aja Kong match but it would certainly be fun to see. It's fairly clear that NXT is edging more towards its own brand as some sort of super-indy over being proper developmental.

quote:

Also, no love for Fandango? A gimick I never understood why they would bother with and then be upset it gets over. Did they want a dancing fool that the crowd would boo? When the stupid dances gets over, why not feed him to heels?
It was Vince's pet project at first, presumably because he just learned about Dancing with the Stars after seeing Jericho on it or something. Then when the fans started "Fandango'ing" ironically at RAW after Wrestlemania, Vince and Dunn probably had no idea why it was over and kept feeding those god-awful lines to commentary and didn't do Fandango any favors either by putting him in awful feuds and it just killed all his heat.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 9, 2015

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bring back Dirty Curty.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Testekill posted:

There are some people on the indies who use similar things as a minor move. Except they do it well. It's really not a finisher, though.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Marley was just way too short to ever have that move work. Somebody should have noticed this. I think at this point, they've given up on Eva being better and they just want Total Divas footage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Testekill posted:

she can't even fall right

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If the other lady was standing and she basically did a running Mic Check that would be cool.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Eva has some physical ability, but I'm not sure how that move made it into a real match. You really trust her to know when to stop, reverse her momentum, take her opponent with her and still fall right? That's a failure on her trainers and the agent.

Throwing moves at her won't mean anything if she never learns how to work the match properly. They seem to be figuring that out with Reigns.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Give her the GTS

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

projecthalaxy posted:

If the other lady was standing and she basically did a running Mic Check that would be cool.

Shelton Benjamin pretty much ran into Paydirt most of the time.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Alexa found her "Izzy" I think.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DM Punk posted:

Dude knows a nice butt when he sees it

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

DM Punk posted:

Please don't post selfies.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Please don't post selfies.

technically the kid isn't taking his own pic, so its not a selfie.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DM Punk posted:

technically the kid isn't taking his own pic, so its not a selfie.

It's basically a selfie, just not of yourself. I call it an "otherie"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:smith:

Also the Full Sail crowd chanting WHAT WAS THAT at Eva was the best Full Sail crowd chant ever.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

DM Punk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDvL65PM-Mo

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Testekill posted:

Dude knows a nice butt when he sees it

Well then maybe he should look at it instead of the camera.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Had high hopes for the UK tryouts at the tapings today and tomorrow. But I've asked around and will continue to do so but on the male side all I know is nobody of note has one.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Aja Kong wrestled in WWF in the mid-90s against Madusa, she was in that Joshi Survivor Series match in '95. Also, not enough people watch NXT to know or care who anyone on that roster is, outside of smark PPV audiences, so it would probably get a big fat non-reaction, not enough time to build a real match, and a confused reaction to the ending. Also also, NXT is developmental and loses money already, there's no reason to bring in experienced outsiders to lose to your experienced insider.

Aja was supposed to replace Bull as Madusa's monster opponent. The Raw after the SS match she faced tiny Chapparita Asari and beat her so bad Vince had a fit and sent Aja packing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Had high hopes for the UK tryouts at the tapings today and tomorrow. But I've asked around and will continue to do so but on the male side all I know is nobody of note has one.

I assumed the big bearded dude was Damo but I think he's shorter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Aja was supposed to replace Bull as Madusa's monster opponent. The Raw after the SS match she faced tiny Chapparita Asari and beat her so bad Vince had a fit and sent Aja packing.

Vince should have read the goddamn lyrics :mad:

♪ God made the devil, just for fun. But when he wanted the real thing, he made Aja Kong! ♪

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Aja Kong will always make me think of Broken Pixels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX0Ak9fmX8w

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

DM Punk posted:

Ahahaha this kid rules

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nikki Storm, Big Damo, Tommy End, Toni Storm and Nina Samuels were all at the tryouts yesterday and probably again today.

PWInsider:

quote:

With the advent and popularity of the WWE Breaking Ground reality series on the WWE Network, we've received a lot of questions about the legitimacy of the series. The majority of the series is pretty much day to day operations of the WWE NXT program and there's been very little, if any manipulation for drama's sense. That said, there were some minor differences in what was presented to what the day to day operations in NXT. In the second episode, WWE executive Canyon Ceman was shown informing a talent they were being let go. Usually in NXT, if someone is being let go, Head Coach Matt Bloom would be the one who delivers that news. Ceman was there as part of the series.

Also, while William Regal was shown heading up a promo class, most of the time it is Ryan Katz who heads up those classes. Katz is a former XPW and Wrestling Society X performer and producer who was brought on board with the advent of the Performance Center and worked closely with Dusty Rhodes before his passing.

The series showed Sara Del Rey training female talents, which led to questions as to whether she is still training as the narrative out there has been that she was moved into a producer's capacity as something of a liaison between developmental and the main roster. While she is performing those responsibilities, she is still training talents regularly.

Former TNA star Sarah "Sarita" Stock is also now working full-time as a trainer at the Performance Center, having started several weeks ago.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I like Tommy End a lot but I am skeptical that WWE would sign a dude who's been public about being a Satanist for a long time. Even if that's toned down into 'generic heavy metal guy' in NXT, it's been out there on social media for years. PG era or not, that's just something I doubt WWE would want to have to engage with from a PR perspective.

Plus his striking would make the rest of the roster look even more horrible than they already do.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For sure. His Art of Wrestling was a trip he's definitely differently wired. His upbringing was pretty unique.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
It feels like it's been weirdly quiet on big signings. Do they think their upper card is filled up or something?

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Probably a lot of the bigger contracts last into the new year.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Ceman's bedside manner with the Devin Taylor firing seemed really gross. Is he basically the new version of mid-2000's Johnny Ace?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

I like Tommy End a lot but I am skeptical that WWE would sign a dude who's been public about being a Satanist for a long time. Even if that's toned down into 'generic heavy metal guy' in NXT, it's been out there on social media for years. PG era or not, that's just something I doubt WWE would want to have to engage with from a PR perspective.

They might not want to take any chances, but realistically all he has to say is he was protecting the gimmick. It's no different than Kana wearing Nazi stuff.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Norwegian Rudo posted:

They might not want to take any chances, but realistically all he has to say is he was protecting the gimmick. It's no different than Kana wearing Nazi stuff.
It's very different than Kana wearing zombie nazi gear, since she's not a zombie nazi in real life and never claimed to be a doing anything except playing a character.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I think it's high time we had a satanist face. He's just a good guy taking the left-hand path.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
So all the interactions between wrestlers are real, then? That conversation between Breeze and Jordan seemed kinda weird.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Why wasn't Enzo featured during that Carmella and Big Cass thing smh

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Holland Oats posted:

So all the interactions between wrestlers are real, then? That conversation between Breeze and Jordan seemed kinda weird.

It seemed like they are friends and were just roasting each other, maybe playing it up for the cameras a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Tommy End is awesome

Muddy Burphy posted:

Ceman's bedside manner with the Devin Taylor firing seemed really gross. Is he basically the new version of mid-2000's Johnny Ace?

everything I've seen Ceman on he's been a big friggin nerd

• Locked thread