Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

carry on then posted:

lol if u don't live in the heart of the most populous city in your country

if Massachusetts is considered a country of its own then I'm in the butthole of it

neutral milf hotel fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus M.D.
Oct 17, 2007

what did i just post?

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

That sucks. I've been seeing a girl who is also my hookup but now my real gf is back so that's not happening anymore. She's ageed to still hook me up though

so you were cheating on your gf?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

I have a soft spot for angel share and village (Angel is pricey but really good and the main restaurant has dirt cheap pitchers and amazing food)

I always liked death & co. over by tompkins park

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Solus M.D. posted:

I think he was doing an echi...

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

computer parts posted:

man, i just wrote a goodbye letter

oh well, i haven't had liquor since i got majorly hosed up at the beginning of the semester anyway

hope it was cathartic

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Solus M.D. posted:

nah we've been long distance for like a year and a half so we just had a semi open thing. way better than being all stersed out all the time.all parties were aware of the situation.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

BeOSPOS posted:

I think he was doing an echi...

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector
are there any berlin yosposers who can compare that miserable experience to NYC or SF? I am considering relocating.

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Tanith posted:

are there any berlin yosposers who can compare that miserable experience to NYC or SF? I am considering relocating.

it's good

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

my krautability's pretty eingerostet at this point, but this is good to know.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Glans Dillzig posted:

are u getting the Hitler youth haircut
what

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BeOSPOS posted:

doing an echi...

lol

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tanith posted:

5 a shot and 5 a beer? gently caress NYC, I'm drinking alone in the glow of my LCD again.

no, for both, which is a great price in a borough where cocktails start at $14

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

theflyingexecutive posted:

I was worried that NYCs collective head was too far up its own butt

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

atomicthumbs posted:

c Ark tks: slekpt on couch in photho lab for 4 hrds making 5.5 hrs of sleep in last 60 hrs. matted 25 prints, hung 7 framed printst, 2 left over, 9 framedi prrints to repair/remount

KIll meee

the artist formerly known as prints

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wtf

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tanith posted:

I was worried that NYCs collective head was too far up its own butt

lomarf you don't have to worry about that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

cls: got blackout drunk last night, vomited between subway cars, vomited in my friends' bathroom, worried I vomited all over their living room, did not. went to a party and was talking to a girl who was a tommy hilfiger model and additionally a sophomore in high school and I spent a good amount of time trying to convince her to learn Python while drinking Evan Williams straight from the bottle, which I guess also means I furnished a minor with alcohol.

so I'm taking the breakup well

Your life is a wreck.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i think the more important issue is tommy hilfiger's pedophiliac ad campaigns

i haven't seen any since i bought a copy of details in like 1995 for an interview with trent reznor but apparently he's still at it

Graff
May 10, 2012

I spent a good amount of time trying to convince her to learn Python

shameful

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i used to go to this place in nola that had a shot of jameson and a high life for $3 (molly's in the marigny)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i used to go to this place in nola that had a shot of jameson and a high life for $3 (molly's in the marigny)

the philly special is that but jim beam and pbr

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

I think the people that bought the house next door just bought it to flip it.

I haven't seen them in like two weeks, and then the dude rolls up in a brand new 5 series followed by a Menards delivery truck. I don't think a guy that drives a $60000 car buys a $90000 house to live in. I could be wrong tho.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

CrazyLittle posted:

the artist formerly known as prints

holy poo poo i made this joke like a week ago to my friend

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

Your life is a wreck.

glad ur back tori

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
saturday night motherfuckers

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

keyboard vomit posted:

I have no other clean clothes and didn't have time to do laundry yesterday

lol if you dont keep an emergency set in the car.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Citizen Tayne posted:

Your life is a wreck.

so is mine and u don't see me bragging

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Elder Postsman posted:

I think the people that bought the house next door just bought it to flip it.

I haven't seen them in like two weeks, and then the dude rolls up in a brand new 5 series followed by a Menards delivery truck. I don't think a guy that drives a $60000 car buys a $90000 house to live in. I could be wrong tho.

I freaking love menards

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

several bars in my hometown of Erie pa have quarters night, during which you can buy a beer for a quarter. at one bar, it's 10 cents. also like nola there are no open container laws

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I freaking love menards

yeah same. i go there like once a week at least

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
save big money at mernards

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

several bars in my hometown of Erie pa have quarters night, during which you can buy a beer for a quarter. at one bar, it's 10 cents. also like nola there are no open container laws

i knew of quarters but holy moly which bar had dime-nights??

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Glucksmann himself wrote, in the wake of 9/11, a remarkable book, still untranslated, called “Dostoevsky in Manhattan,” in which he insisted that modern terrorism, including Islamic terrorism, is nihilist before it is religious and even before it is political. He attached its motives to the terrorism of the century before—to the violence, which Dostoevsky and Conrad dramatized so well, which redounds not to a political end but with a wild vengeance and the existential message, “I kill, therefore I am.” Certainly, the communiqué in French from ISIS, taking responsibility for the mass murders—the blind assaults on the stadium, the rock concert, the cafés, none of them exactly haunts of the wealthy—had, for all its apparent political logic, a deeper ring of unleashed rage and blood madness, down to the ancient fury at the existence of Paris as a place of pleasure. “Targeting the capital of prostitution and obscenity . . . Paris shook under their feet, and its streets were tight upon them,” the group boasted. “The result of these attacks,” the statement said, “was the death of no less than 100 Crusaders.” People sitting on the terrace of a Cambodian restaurant—Crusaders, indeed.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
New Yorkers learned after 9/11 that one of the most dangerous consequences of terrorism is the autoimmunity that sets in, as the organism, instead of turning upon the evil invader, turns on itself. There seems a consensus in France this morning, like that here after our own assault, in favor of mass detentions and arrests—a logic that is easy to criticize at a distance, but will have overwhelming support in a country that just saw more than a hundred killed in a single night. “Islamic fundamentalism must be annihilated, radical mosques must be closed, and radical imams expelled,” Marine Le Pen wrote on her Twitter feed this morning, then went on, “We must strip of their citizenship terrorists holding French nationality, and expel them from our land.” It is a message that, in its implacable certainties, will seem appealing to frightened people. The aim of terrorism is to terrorize. It is hard not to see farther catastrophes rising from this one.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
But there is also a will in France, familiar to New Yorkers, not to be annihilated, not to be turned by terrorism into a citizenry that can no longer recognize itself. New Yorkers learned that you can live your lives or your fears, and that it is always wiser to live your lives. Bernard Schalscha, writing this morning in the journal La Règle du Jeu (on whose editorial advisory board I sit), asked his countrymen to “wish for an immense ‘Not In Our Name’ by tens of thousands of Muslim men and women,” and “arrive at a gigantic élan of solidarity . . . that the French and immigrants share the same fight for democracy.” Schalscha asked readers to “show our fraternal humanity, prove that our values our universal and that some small group can’t divide them. . . . And soon, as quickly as possible, we must smile and drink our glasses on the terraces of our bistros, to prove that there will be no submission. To prove that we love life and that we will defend it in staying strong, serenely strong. Stronger than the lunatics who dream only of death.” It was a good French wish, hard to sustain on a hard Paris morning.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Necc0 posted:

i knew of quarters but holy moly which bar had dime-nights??

cornerstone

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i met a new yorker in portland who'd moved all the way across the country to get away from the terror

dude was crazy as a shithouse rat and in front of the fred meyer in the pearl* demonstrated how to fold a 10$(?) bill so you could see the twin towers or somesuch

*overly specific anecdotes are kind of my thing, don't copy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I made shortbread cookies

gonna dip em in chocolate when theyre fully cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

syscall girl posted:

i met a new yorker in portland who'd moved all the way across the country to get away from the terror

dude was crazy as a shithouse rat and in front of the fred meyer in the pearl* demonstrated how to fold a 10$(?) bill so you could see the twin towers or somesuch

*overly specific anecdotes are kind of my thing, don't copy

i dunno nothing interesting ever happened to me in the pearl, so if something had, i'd probably remember it

• Locked thread