Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will leave Survivor's Series as WWE Champion?
This poll is closed.
Roman Reigns 46 20.54%
Dean Ambrose 15 6.70%
Kevin Owens 19 8.48%
Sheamus 50 22.32%
The Gobbledygooker :tastykake: 94 41.96%
Total: 224 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
are the wwe handing out these cesaro section signs?

also, appreciated the njpw match start in cesaro/reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Another Person posted:

When I went to Raw in Brooklyn it was either fans handing them out or well-disguised employees.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Rovert is just jealous that charlotte gets to take pictures and travel with becky lynch

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

zakharov posted:

Marks getting worked ITT

yeah check out this mark https://twitter.com/EFliehr/status/666499681137131521

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
they are really doing a fantastic job of freshening reigns and making him look legitimately strong in the ring right now

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Another Person posted:

I think they did once or twice but when they were in Brooklyn a fan printed a thousand of them

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Also just finished raw, and that end segment was wretched in a lot of ways lol

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

rovert posted:

Glad you've followed my lead. I don't understand how anyone could like her on any level. Especially when Becky and Sasha aren't being used.

Charlotte was so wooden and had to take a massive pause as she forgot her line.

The same exact thing has happened to Roman Reigns and Randy Orton in the last few months, not to mention countless other wrestlers. Maybe the problem is giving wrestlers overly long scripted promos.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

then Roman oorahs and wins?

I like the cut of this idea.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

oldpainless posted:

I like the cut of this idea.

I think it'd be even better though if he does that before the other guy looks cool so that only Roman looks cool and strong.

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

zakharov posted:

Rovert the more you post like this the more I like Charlotte HTH

He's secretly been trying to illicit this response in everyone. He's Charlotte's biggest fan

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think it'd be even better though if he does that before the other guy looks cool so that only Roman looks cool and strong.

This is why he had all those matches with the Big Show

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DynamiteKidd posted:

This is why he had all those matches with the Big Show

I'm sure big show/roman will be one of those pairings like big show/cena and big show/Brock where they have a program every few months and big show wins 0% of the time

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
So is everyone convinced that Roman is winning? I'm have a hunch they'll put it on Del Rio but I don't have a good reason why.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

keevo posted:

So is everyone convinced that Roman is winning? I'm have a hunch they'll put it on Del Rio but I don't have a good reason why.

If I were a betting man I'd bet on win followed 30 seconds later by a cash in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

keevo posted:

They need something big at SS and a turn and/or Roman winning the title is gonna get more people talking than Del Rio winning. Besides, he's on a reduced schedule, if they wanted a world champ who worked less shows, Brock would be champ.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
I'd bet money on either dean or roman turning, probably dean

edit: and to clarify, still having him lose somehow because WWE

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

keevo posted:

If they give him the strap now, they don't have to worry about crowd reaction to him during the Rumble.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
If there's no turn, and Reigns wins, a Reigns vs Cesaro (newly backed by the Authority) title match at RR would be great. I fully expect a turn, though.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

StarkRavingMad posted:

If they give him the strap now, they don't have to worry about crowd reaction to him during the Rumble.

I'm about to make myself look foolish but I don't think he'd get booed if he won the Rumble this time around

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
where's the rumble at this year anyways?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
People still really like that Cesaro fella so if Roman won there'd be a million cries that Cesaro didn't.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

ParanoidInc posted:

where's the rumble at this year anyways?

Orlando. Wait, the Full Sail crowd will probably be there...oh no

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

They need something big at SS and a turn and/or Roman winning the title is gonna get more people talking than Del Rio winning. Besides, he's on a reduced schedule, if they wanted a world champ who worked less shows, Brock would be champ.

I doubt ADR's winning it, but there's a huge difference between a guy who wrestles every week on tv and Brock's schedule

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Thauros posted:

I doubt ADR's winning it, but there's a huge difference between a guy who wrestles every week on tv and Brock's schedule

Fair enough but they probably want the title on house shows right now

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Muddy Burphy posted:

The main event segment was awful. I didn't know it was possible to be so unconvincing about being sad about your brother being dead.

She cried on Table for 3 when Reid was brought up so that part was definitely real, but it sucks rear end that they decided that they had to feed her lines for what was clearly going to be an emotional promo

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

zakharov posted:

Orlando. Wait, the Full Sail crowd will probably be there...oh no

The full sail crowd is a small fraction of the arena

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zakharov posted:

I'm about to make myself look foolish but I don't think he'd get booed if he won the Rumble this time around

I don't think it would be anywhere near last year's trainwreck, especially since there's no one active that the crowd is really super hot for and will perceive Roman as "taking their spot." It just might fall flat, or a smarky crowd (I think it's in Orlando so Full Sail crowd will be somewhat in effect) might poo poo on it a little. Seems simpler to me to give him the title as part of the tournament, where he's been coming off decently so far, and not have to worry about it -- concentrate the Rumble on putting up a strong Wrestlemania opponent for him instead.

But it's WWE Creative and Vince's last minute insanity, so you never really know.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Padje posted:

He was cheered. I'm sure someone there was booing, but I couldn't hear it.

Reigns was booed throughout the entire finishing sequence starting from the last Superman punch and then as soon as he got the pin the crowd mics were cut and you couldn't hear cheering or booing.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I watched the highlights on YouTube.

Was the whole match really just Cesaro doing amazing poo poo, then Roman oorahs and wins?

Roman did all of Roman's moves and won inbetween Cesaro doing all of his moves, and a couple of new things because he's a cool dude, and losing.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

I watched the highlights on YouTube.

Was the whole match really just Cesaro doing amazing poo poo, then Roman oorahs and wins?

Yes.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

zakharov posted:

If I were a betting man I'd bet on win followed 30 seconds later by a cash in.

I see what you did there

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sooo Roman wins against Del Rio who then interferes during the final.

zakharov posted:

Eh they will if DB comes back.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Horrible but unsurprising

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
He'll come back to announce he will not be in the Rumble this year and he wants Roman to kick the rear end of whoever wins it.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

This from Uproxx

quote:

According to our sources, it was actually Charlotte herself who initially brought up the idea of using Reid in the promo. Pro wrestlers sometimes have a way of dealing with tragedy by turning it into fiction, where it can draw out real emotions and add fire to their performance. Charlotte was visibly shaken up for nearly the entire segment, if you need confirmation on how badly the death of her brother still hurts her.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015/11/charlotte-paige-reid-flair-contract-signing/

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

soapgish posted:

It honestly feels like the best incentive, something personal, that isn't Kaitlin crying because AJ and Big E pulled a high school movie prank

This really owned though

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

The worst part of the Roman/Cesaro match was when Roman had Cesaro in the corner and tried to execute a sort of 10-count clothesline-punch thing, but he was so gassed/lazy/bad at wrestling that it immediately became him just weakly draping his arm over Cesaro's shoulder a little.

All aboard the inevitably awful Ambrose heel-turn title run.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

I hope that's true because it makes all the outrage hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

How the hell is Roman going to work two matches in one night with the cardio of a 90 year old with emphysema? He's going to be dead in the second match

• Locked thread