Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine having the intention to buy literally anything during this sale.

Just imagine.

i literally can't imagine that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Loiosh posted:

Basically if it's flagged as stolen or not to the UEE. If it's flagged as stolen and you get scanned, they'll attack (supposedly) to try to kill you and recover the ship. And yes, that will happen, not so much bribing (Rebel Galaxy style), but more about getting a clean registration and all that. It'll cost, but the option will be there.

But you can outrun them with your level 3 thrusters and escape using the nearest jump point or simply lower your ships signature and hide from them. You can also hire some Pirates to take care of them, who can be paid with UEC or foods grown on your ship/fuel/raw mining mats/salvage mats/medical supplies/slaves/anything you can imagine.

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Eonwe posted:

i literally can't imagine that

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Loiosh, do you realize that you have literally put more thought and effort into how posting about how this game is supposed to work than Christ Roberts has himself?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

In that case how can the ship be stolen? Either it's flyable or it's not.

That's why you bring replacements along with you (hopefully in the ship you used for the hijacking), like one of them Drake ships. You actually saw something like this happen in the Gamescom demo. The avionics CPU got destroyed during the live demo. Chris asks the team if they had the replacement system in yet (nope!), so they couldn't fly the Ret back to the base.

It's one of those CIG things that makes their demos delightful for me as a game dev fan. poo poo happens on stage.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

Basically if it's flagged as stolen or not to the UEE. If it's flagged as stolen and you get scanned, they'll attack (supposedly) to try to kill you and recover the ship. And yes, that will happen, not so much bribing (Rebel Galaxy style), but more about getting a clean registration and all that. It'll cost, but the option will be there.

who's "they"

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

DreadLlama posted:

Loiosh, do you realize that you have literally put more thought and effort into how posting about how this game is supposed to work than Christ Roberts has himself?

I don't think this is much of a stretch either :smith: just imagine Roberts wildly gesticulating while he talks about bullshit. "Oh yes it will work like that" when asked while flinging his hands every which way around the camera screen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

OTOH if you lose a Javelin and they only make one a week (or whatever) then it could be months before your $2500 monument to idiocy is returned.

What the hell does this even mean? Won't you be able to to buy any ship at any time provided you have the ingame cash? If so then what's the loving point of having insurance if it might take months to replace your ship? If not then looooooooooooooooooool.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Madcosby posted:

who's "they"

Space cops

Also I'm 100% sure if there's any type of way to steal something goons will steal ships just to destroy them rather than wanting to fly them around.

That's why part of me wants the game to come out. So goons can ruin it like they ruin every mmo they set their sights on.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Xaerael posted:

Quit stealing my future jokes, jerk. I was saving that one for when it all came crashing down.

Lurk the Star Citizen thread for jokes to borrow, lol today and post tomorrow.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

G0RF posted:

In my day ships were three for a quarter, shaped like triangles, and shot one pixel pewpews and when you died, you died and we loved it!

beware

i live

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I have some incredible concept jokes to make in two weeks

Just workin' on the BDJE

buy insurance now in case your sides split in two weeks

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

DreadLlama posted:

It's untrue. That guy, for all his flaws, is a thoughtful dude who loves games. One of the reasons I enjoy his talks so much is listening to him talk about the games he's playing. During one of the earlier Gamescom interviews they asked Chris his thoughts on the FPS work and he spoke, at length, about the issues he has with Battlefield 3's balance along with his thoughts on CoD and such.

For all his flaws, he's a gamer and that's cool. Most of the management I've run into (EA being particularly bad about this) don't game. I think I mentioned earlier that when Andrew Wilson took over at EA, the first thing he did is take their entire senior management team + SVPs and make them go install their games on their PCs. Then each of them had to spend a day down on the tech support floor listening to customer calls so they'd get an appreciation for what the customers were seeing.

Because they were not gamers and had little experience dealing with their own products. Here if you want to read more on it: http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/how-electronic-arts-stopped-being-the-worst-company-in-america/

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Maldoror posted:

beware

i live

Run, coward.

Total Carnage! I love it!

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Madcosby posted:

who's "they"

UEE-affiliated players with mercenary missions and the NPCs, supposedly.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're not. If you lose your ship you're going to respawn in a medical bay. If the medical bay is on a planet then you get to figure out how to get to your hangar in order to either get another ship from there, or to wait until your reimbursement arrives. Alternatively you can do odd jobs from ship to ship while you try to fly home.

That sound autistic as gently caress

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

23 minutes to go.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

neonbregna posted:

That sound autistic as gently caress

It's one of the things I suspect will not survive contact with the enemy (players). Originally, back in 2013 they were discussing letting you pick different spawn points (hangar locations) where you had existing ships, or being able to spawn with a friend/fellow org member directly into their ship.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Stream has started - there's a clock!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Wait so.... because Bootcha got his money out (smart move), they're saying that he can't be a legit investor, because all these whales are lining up to give Croberts literally hundreds of thousands themselves.

Makes sense to me!

I'm going to hate-watch the live stream, simply because I want to see how much of a bumbling gently caress up it is again

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Sappo569 posted:

I'm going to hate-watch the live stream, simply because I want to see how much of a bumbling gently caress up it is again

Why break a perfect record?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Berious posted:

Stream has started - there's a clock!

It'll start late.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine having the intention to buy literally anything during this sale.

Just imagine.

I can't, because I'm bad at imagining. I'm gonna have to actually buy something during this sale so I know how it feels.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Loiosh posted:

It'll start late.

Star Citizen: It'll start late.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I love how Redditors lurk this thread and repost things they read here. Would that redditor have posted "the $200,000 figure is bogus" if it wasn't first posted here?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

What the hell does this even mean? Won't you be able to to buy any ship at any time provided you have the ingame cash? If so then what's the loving point of having insurance if it might take months to replace your ship? If not then looooooooooooooooooool.

It's the economy. Ships supposedly won't be generated out of thin air, they require resources for the manufacturers. Same with everything else. You can buy a ship with in-game cash, but not every ship will be universally available. Rarity is one of the things CIG uses to justify the price points. It's dumb, but it's what they do.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

*cracks knuckles*

I think its time for CIGBenLesnick to login to the twitch chat....

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol Derek is gonna be live-tweeting of course.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Who was posing as Sandi last time?

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

Loiosh posted:

It's untrue. That guy, for all his flaws, is a thoughtful dude who loves games. One of the reasons I enjoy his talks so much is listening to him talk about the games he's playing. During one of the earlier Gamescom interviews they asked Chris his thoughts on the FPS work and he spoke, at length, about the issues he has with Battlefield 3's balance along with his thoughts on CoD and such.

For all his flaws, he's a gamer and that's cool.

This thread is full of people who once shared your sentiment. Do me a favour and monitor yours. I am curious about what exactly will be your tipping point.

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Derek is kind of implying that he will actually be speaking with Chris during this live stream....

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol Derek is gonna be live-tweeting of course.

So just a normal day?

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

Conspiratiorist posted:

If Lesnick vacates his office then Sandi's office gets bigger.

Not a joke, they're supposedly on a shared office.

Sandi thinks she's working with Darth Vader because of the constant heavy breathing.

Ben thinks he's working with Darth Vader because... well, she's an evil oval office.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Right, I can't watch this live, so some of you try to be descriptive about what stupid poo poo is happening minute by minute when I read this thread later. I don't want to miss anything.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek is kind of implying that he will actually be speaking with Chris during this live stream....

Chris has tricked Derek into a live appearance on-stream. What Derek doesn't know is that they're going to strap him to a chair and force him to watch them release 2.0 to the public, at which point he will be publicly tried and executed for his treasonous disbelief.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh hey they're late again.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

DreadLlama posted:

This thread is full of people who once shared your sentiment. Do me a favour and monitor yours. I am curious about what exactly will be your tipping point.

I've already said where it will be in the past. Just look in my post history. Also that I'll update here when it happens :)

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh hey they're late again.

But you can buy this model of a spaceship!
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Constellation-Model/10

Only eighty loving dollars for a ten inch model of a ship that you literally will never be able to see in-game, ever, because after they released this model they redesigned the entire thing and now it looks totally different but is still not flyable!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Timer gone.. black screen. lol

Absolute silence, no music or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Timer has stopped. It's faded to a black screen and silence...

And has been for about 20-30 seconds so far.

e:fb

• Locked thread