Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath

"WOULD SUGGEST CAUTION, WALLASTRA. SEEMS STRANGE THAT DEVOURER WAS ABLE TO INTRUDE INTO CONVOCATION WITHOUT INVITATION, BUT RELEASED ONE WAS NOT. SOMEONE SUPPOSEDLY THAT POWERFUL COULD EASILY DISGUISE ITSELF. DOES NOT MAKE MUCH SENSE, BUT STILL SUGGEST CAUTION. EONS OF IMPRISONMENT CAN CAUSE WHAT YOU CALL MADNESS."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Dragon, All Flame All Devourer

"HAHAHA! Yes, be afraid little city. I will eat you, just as I will eat you all. By all means let the God of delicious meats talk you into more paranoia and fear. I enjoy the way it seasons your flesh."

The dragon's mirth shook Hell, scorching Wallastra slightly with the heat. Wallastra looked up at All Flame, seeing only a pyroclastic maw greater in size than his city itself. Red hot, the flames writhed and shook, giving him unpleasant reminders of what he'd left at home.

"Go ahead, refuse me and choose to not investigate the inexplicably huge and likely evil hole which plagues you. I will not be offended, hahaha."

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Hell

Parelle grinned at the mouth of the sun. How had she survived?

"Grit, luck and determination. I didn't do it alone either. I had help," she said as she looked back at her family. "Also a bunch of risk taking. It wasn't easy. It's also been humbling and that has been rather instructive. Also, welcome."

Parelle frowned at Wallastra and the dragon. The dragon was a predator after all. It preyed on weakness. Wallastra by his own admission was kept on the back foot and likely that was some brave talk. Still, she would offer again.

"Wallastra...I could swing by. Bring the Family. Spruce up the place to your own design and specification. We could help put you on the right foot. Perhaps I am over-committing myself, but at the very least surely I could assist you for a time. My goals and aims are rather reasonable after all. I would only ask for your help with the ice."

She stepped away from the god of cities and the dragon. Perhaps she'd put a pin in the lizard's hunger and ambition. The dragon wasn't invited anyway. She then nodded slightly to Alvande again to address her. She seemed out of place and out of sorts. A goddess of summer in endless winter. How did she survive all of this? She made a small gesture and produced a small glass of amber colored honey wine and hung it in the air in front of her as a gesture of good will. Then she spoke quietly. Privately.

"I apologize for the grandstanding. There are many here who I do not like or trust. Betraying weakness is dangerous. It made me look like others could take whatever they wished from me. I learned that the hard way. I am also tired and distracted from work. My sister's tree and the change of my brother's Wildings for duties to tend to the bad souls," she said, and made a weary and inarticulate gesture. "I do at the very least want this trip to be worth your time. Stay for a short time. Take some fruit once the tree has borne some. Think about asking some Wildings to accompany you home as a stopgap measure for lost souls. See my people. Learn of my reputation from others. I won't try to convince you of my intentions with any more words. Just see how I've conducted myself since the beginning of Fimbulwinter from those who know me, mortal and divine. If you like what you see, speak with me after. Perhaps we can help one another."

She smiled softly, nodded politely and stepped away from her to keep from crowding her.

Another invitation for Alvande. Parelle is asking her to stick about and judge her on her actions from those she can speak with that know her. Pirsuq, Reggie, Cadenza, Vendruck, Vicissitude and the mortals. She can judge for herself if Parelle is worth dealing with. Also she can stay long enough to take some fruit back with her when it grows and maybe take a few wildings back to deal with bad souls.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 13, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Wallastra? - Hell

The Priestess

"That is, very kind I thank you. I should have it here sonewhere... Ah here " He produced a large map and handed it to her.

"It's the most recent copy, and it features all the other city states in the region. Although I'm starting to think that they might not exist any more. It's sinking in that i might have to bare more on my shoulders then i thought."

Wallastra sags a bit, "I came back through the sacrifice of a dear friend and now it's becoming hard to keep things afloat, i used to think my self a glorious leader. My citizens love me and i was doing the best I could for them in this time of crisis, but i had capable people, gods equal in power to me to help and now there is just me and a few mortal followers. And I would still bleed for them, I have bled for them, but I can only bleed so much."

"I can't imagine what it would be like for you"

Wallastra accepts, and appreciates the presence of another God with a care for mortals

Huge Dragon

This was not good for Wallastra's mental state, coming here was a terrible idea, announcing his weakness was a grave error, what was he thinking. Everything was wrong and he needed to lie down.

Wallastra retreated behind the walls in his mind. And seeing the opening, the other Wallastra came up in response. It was as if a puppet had it's strings cut for a moment, and then stood up on his own. This one stood with a confidence the other didn't have.

"No. Thank you. I am flattered that you would stoop to such a lowly, inconsequential creature such as myself, but your vast abilities would be better put elsewhere. "

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Nov 13, 2015

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
The Priestess - The Twilight Zone

Information was traded; a map was doled out from Adrianna's sleeves, something she herself didn't know she had - wait, she hadn't! ... The divine were weird, as was the rules of reality concerning this meet. None the less, the woman gave the god a kind smile and a nod, cementing a potential future. Potentially. "It is something to work with, none the less." A pause. "We have all lost much. Civilizations are... gone, it's just whatever batches of followers belonging to surviving gods or honest altruism in others keeping the remaining safe. You sound like altruism, certainly. You will have help, you're a shining beacon for mortals everywhere as safety and home in the retched cold. People - mortals and gods alike - notice this, I assure you."

"As for me... well. I keep busy."

However, she then did the unthinkable, something the woman some ten minutes ago would have never done, balking at being surrounded by all these godly horrors; she reached her staff out, a petty stick of wood, and pressed it against the Dragon's neck gently, pushing him away from Wallasta like one might to a dog or some other pet. "Behave and act civilized." She chastised waaaay out of her weight class.

Unsurprisingly no one trusts a dragon, who knows? Adrianna would like to apply her Knowledge +4 against what has been said of that big 'ole hole there. Has it shown up in the past? If not then I don't imagine she'll gleam anything off it.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath

Isath sent its thoughts privately to Parelle and the Trickster and the rest of whoever is running this Convocation business.

"THE DRAGON IS EITHER THE RELEASED ONE PLAYING A TRICK, OR A DANGEROUS NEW VARIABLE. IT INTENDS TO CONSUME US ALL AND HAS SAID SO. IT WILL PROBABLY WAIT UNTIL THE RELEASED ONE IS FIGHTING US, OR THE ICE COMES UPON US, OR SOME OF THE BELLIGERENT GODS HERE MAKE A MOVE, AND EAT US IN A WEAKENED STATE."

Isath's throat gurgled slightly.

"I PROPOSE WE JOIN EFFORTS AND EAT IT FIRST. IF IT IS THE RELEASED ONE, IT ALREADY KNOWS US AND WILL ATTACK ANYWAY. IF IT IS NOT, THEN THREE OR FOUR OF US CAN PROBABLY TAKE IT ON, OR AT LEAST MAKE IT LEAVE AND STOP BOTHERING FOR A WHILE. IF WE WAIT, IT WILL EAT ISOLATED GODS SUCH AS WALLASTRA AND SUMMER AND THE ASCENDED MORTALS, AND GROW IN POWER. THEN WE WILL HAVE NO CHANCE AT ALL."

Isath's thoughts took on a contemplating tone.

"PERHAPS WE COULD RECRUIT WALLASTRA. OR THE ASCENDED MORTALS. THEY DO NOT BICKER ENDLESSLY LIKE THE CORPSE RAISER AND HIS CONSORT, AND THEY ARE NOT REJECTING THE OUTSIDE WORLD LIKE THE DEEP ONES."

After a short pause, Isath added one last thing.

"OF COURSE, IF YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH EATING, WE COULD IMPRISON IT. MAKE ITS DIVINE ENERGY FUEL THE INNER WORKINGS OF HELL. IT WILL NOT BE ENOUGH BY ITSELF, NOT COMPLETELY. BUT IT WILL BE ENOUGH TO STRETCH THE AMOUNT OF TIME THIS REALITY HAS LEFT. ENOUGH TO PERHAPS BRING THE RELEASED ONE BACK TO ITS SHACKLES."

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Nov 13, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

The Priestess - Convocation

The dragon allowed itself to be nudged, twining its sinuous neck around until the Priestess was the one staring upwards at its fiery maw. It inhaled deeply, the backwash of its breath creating eddies of flame that burned away everything that wasn't the essence of her divinity to learn her scent for the Age to come.

"You'll be the first."

More than a little perturbed by the All Devourer's statement she combed her memories for mentions of similar holes, leading to Hell or otherwise. Definitely not at all like the gaping doorway to an endlessly burning and hellish demise which loomed over her right now, nope. A hole big enough to trouble a city, and deep enough that its God had no sense of the bottom?

She couldn't think of anything.

Hey man All Flame just wants to help a guy out. But first let's make that roll for you,

PRIESTESS +4 applies her knowledge towards understanding the WALLASTRA-HOLE! Roll was failure! What are holes really? Nobody's really sure. We just don't know!
ALL FLAME ALL DEVOURER +24 learns PRIESTESS' scent so that he can find her again in the Age to come! Roll was success! ALL FLAME ALL DEVOURER will have a single +6 upshift to locate PRIESTESS in the next Age!

Isath - Convocation

Instantly and undetectably, a web of messages flashed between Isath and the Family.

Pirsuq: "Yes! Kill it before it can threaten our Family! We should kill it all together like when we killed Malador! Kill it in one shot!"

Cadenza: "Are you stupid or is there mostly muscle instead of brain inside the lump of meat you call a body? That would make us traitors and faithless hosts for the Convocation, we would never be able to call for one of these again and risk being attacked by the others present once they realise what's happened."

Vendruck: "I agree with Cadenza. We cannot risk the other Gods response to our breaking the laws of Convocation. Besides... it isn't possible to harm another attendee within the bounds of Convocation to begin with. Your suggestion is a poor one and is ill-considered. Isn't that right Vicissitude?"

General implication is that since Vicissitude/Parelle are running the show and they're apparently part of a new Pantheon calling itself The Family that message would go out to everyone on the Family side of the table which includes Cadenza, Reggie, Vendruck, Pirsuq (and maybe Thyrm I'll have to check). Your messages to each other are considered privileged/instant unless there is a mechanism to intercept them (such as a Wikileaks spell or the Ice)

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Agorom – unknown Wastes

A solitary giant trudges through the whirling snow while the gods bicker and scheme. Every step leaves splintered, packed ice and oily smog in its wake. Dark, hunchbacked and angular, it looks armoured in metal, but there's no face in sight. All of a sudden, it stops, glances at the night sky and nods. The stars – barely visible though they are – are right. These are the coordinates.

--

A great lump of wrought and twisted metal noisily forces its way into Hell until it fully breaks through and shatters the stone floor beneath its weight. For a few moments, all is silent. Then klaxons start to blare and the pile unfolds and rises, to ten times the height of a man, then a hundred, then more. Lights come online - amber strobes and red dots pick out the machine's shape against the upper darkness. Higher and higher, faster and faster they shine, until two mighty searchlights glare out from the dome of its head – and everyone now can see that it is a head, on top of a gargantuan body that only a few of them can match in size. The machine rumbles as it turns its head to each of the attendant divinities. It gives a curt nod to the Mouth, lingers warily on the flesh-pillar and the dragon, and passes over everyone else, casting their shadows over the floor in a single wide arc.

“Greetings, fellow gods. May PEACE be with you. I have triangulated THE SLOTH'S coordinates as lying here. Please bring the ORIGIN forwards so that I can PURGE it from this world.”

Uncountable missile tubes and machine guns whir to life. Ablative armour sheets roll out of shuttered doors over the titan's body. Deeper inside, the more perceptive gods spy the glints and sparks of furnaces and factories, churning out who-knows-what armour and ammunition for the assault he's preparing to unleash.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

For our purposes let's call Agorom's addition to the scene as a delayed reaction breaching of Hell from outside the Convocation, like All Flame All Devourer's was only slower and with less dragon. Otherwise do carry on. Previous statements/rules apply where applicable.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath

Isath simply blinked.

"I OBVIOUSLY MEANT TO DO IT AFTER THE CONVOCATION IS COMPLETE. TO DO OTHERWISE SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE, AS YOU SAY, EVEN FOR YOU, MEMORIES TELL ME."

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 13, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Alvande, Lady of Summer

Although she was shocked as everyone else by the Warmachine's dramatic entrance, Alvande recovered quickly and followed the bright searchlights as they passed over Hell.

"I would also like to know more about Sloth and how he managed to curse all mortal souls everywhere at once. Isn't Sloth one of Malador's little puppets? Where is he now and why should we not have him answer for his crime?"

I double checked. To date noone has actually addressed this point directly or indirectly yet. Alvande would like to know wtf Sloth and how did a guy who should have been a +2 Devil manage to taint every soul in existence?

For those wondering, Sloth (in his new form as the Hellhound formerly known as Sloth) is not readily apparent/visible since he's just part of the pack of snapping Hellhounds curled around Hell's Throne (currently occupied by Vissicitude).

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Hell

Parelle massaged her temples. This was too much. Two intruders. One threatens imminent violence on an invited guest and one wants to eliminate Sloth. She ignored Pirsuq's outburst for now. She'd talk to him later when the migraine ceased.

She thought to the Family and Isath, "Okay, for the sake of decency and to preserve our reputation we need to do something about the wrym. Capture it, kill it, I don't care. The convocation was called here and we are in charge of their safety. If we ever want anyone to show up ever again and take us seriously we need to punish the dragon or kill it. It's entirely possible it's a piece of Sin. It means we shouldn't absorb its power if we decide to kill it without looking at its power first. If it's a piece of Sin the odds are good that it could corrupt anyone it touches. I think it would be wise to just kill it in front of the others though. If we kill it the others will feel unsafe, even if it is a monster. I'm going to remind the others that it wasn't invited. Then I'm going to provoke it."

She chuckled when the priestess chastised the dragon. The tension that silently drilled into her temples eased a bit and that was worth a year of sleep. Such a tiny little mortal sparking the ire of something as big as that. Mortals are wonderful sometimes.

"All-Devourer, you weren't invited. You don't get to threaten my guests unchallenged. Some of our guests have discovered this already, but the ability to issue death threats and worse is a privilege that is earned with an invitation. New Hell has a reputation to uphold and I'm rather fond of mortals. I'm especially fond of ones with some backbone. The priestess is now under my protection from ill behaved, uncivilized reptiles. Leave before I decide to hunt you down."

She turned her head slightly to Alvande and the giant mountain of steel. She sighed. She just wanted this to be over. Posturing was difficult.

"Sloth was at best a minor deity in a host of other minor deities. It didn't have the power to curse all mortals everywhere. Sloth was a tool or a focus at best. We dealt with him. Soon we'll investigate the hand behind it," she said.

-4 protector of mortals. The priestess is a guest and a mortal. Wouldn't be a -4 drawback if I didn't play it as irrational and irresponsible. :)

If it wasn't obvious I'm trying to shift his attention from the Priestess to me. Hell needs a new brain fuckled dragon space heater.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

All Flame, All Devourer

"Oh? But is it not the prime directive of every Convocation that every God be given the chance to speak however they wish and to speak their fill? Unless your Convocation is somehow different and holds to different ends. Especially since you're so conveniently sitting on top of Hell's throne and all its-" The dragon grinned again, ignoring Parelle's threat easily without bothering to back down or retreat. "But wait. What have you done with all the millions of souls trapped in Hell? What's happened to Hell's great bounty?"

Oh yeah, Hell should be full of 72 million souls give or take and a ton of imprisoned/Undead Titans and the like. But nobody else but the Family knows what exactly happened with all that, and the details are somewhat unclear. Also Dragon's first move is an Ignore card.

Bisthak

"So is Sloth dead and did you eat his corpse? I don't care if you did, but if you haven't yet we may yet be able to squeeze it dry for a cure."

Bisthak stirred from his throne, remembering the other part of why he'd bothered attending the Convocation in the first place.

"Your sister, the mouthy one. She makes medicines doesn't she?"

Suggestion Bisthak - burn Sloth's godcorpse to make a vaccine or something. While we're on the subject he doesn't care if you're a cannibal murderer (it's at least half his MO) but Sloth's Curse hurts him as much as it hurts the rest of you so getting as many facts about that out in the open is pretty important to him.

Family Meeting (Isath was included)

Pirsuq: I'm ready Parelle! If the three of us join together we can strike him a deadly blow! Headshot! Yeah!

Reggie: Pirsuq stop helping. Just stop.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra? - Hell

All Flame, All Devourer

"They've emerged from anywhere and everywhere when they got out I assumed. In my city we had a large influx of them, I have no idea where they came from or how many but in the circumstances that wasn't forefront on my mind."

"I put them into a Necropolis of my own creation, it keeps them quiet enough and acts as a convenient capstone to prevent any more influxes of evil spirits. Wallas- I tried to introduce them to the idea of willing citizenship and commitment to the public good, but I guess some people aren't so receptive to a kind word as others."
He said, directing a glance at Larissa.

Agorom

A lot of things Wallastra saw here. A threat, immediate danger to myself, immediate danger to everyone around it which includes me. Although, it's not doing anything yet but it could do it.

Oh but what I would give for a city that could walk, it would solve so many pressing problems especially that I am merely a superior mortal being when I go far outside of it, rather then a god. Perhaps I should consider getting to know this character better, I wonder if he has any rooms to let...

Wallastra put his hands together, "Well, I don't know if you can find yourself a seat big enough, but I don't see any reason why we should turf another God out into the cold. If it's big enough for the world's hungriest dragon it's probably big enough for him as well."

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Lai Xi Boi

Lai Xi watches the other gods. If one were look closely at the floating body, one might notice a small smile on dry and cracked lips.

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Vicissitude -- GodCon

"All Flame All Devourer has been welcomed into Home according to the timeless rituals of the Convocation, Parelle," he chides gently, "and the Family has a reputation to uphold as well. He enjoys the protection of the Convocation -- the same as every other God and Mortal here." This last is directed at All Flame, as Vicissitude stares unblinkingly into the flaming maw of the creature. "You would be wise to remember that you are not the only monster here, Dragon."

"Speaking of the timeless rituals, we have some other latecomers as well...be welcome, Agorom: Weapon of the Gods. And the Emanation of the Solar Furnace: The Fourteenth, The Mouth of the Sun, is likewise welcome. For the Convocation is a place open to all with the spark of the Divine animating them."

These last bits of housekeeping taken care of, Vicissitude finally addresses the monotonous droning of the Oceanis Pact. "You wish for the Gods of the surface to refrain from encroaching upon your domain. I, for my part, agree to your request. For you have nothing that I require," he adds with a dismissive wave. "However, should it be discovered that you are harboring that which I and mine seek out, or if you encroach upon our lands or our followers, then you shall be held responsible for your betrayal, and this agreement deemed null and void. In particular, should The Imprisoned seek refuge within your depths, know that it is in your interest to oppose it with all of your Divine being -- a matter those from the surface are certainly treating with the seriousness it warrants."

Addressing all the Gods, Vicissitude continues, "For if we wish to undo the Curse of Sloth and return Hell to its proper metaphysical state, it is The Imprisoned that we must hunt. While Bisthak has voiced an intriguing idea -- his first ever, I wager -- the Essence of Sloth has, alas, been destroyed."

Vicissitude at least believes this to be true, since he performed the divine lobotomy with his own hands.

"Thus there is nothing of Sloth left to purge, War Machine," Vicissitude adds as an aside to Agorom, before continuing his attempt at salvaging a coherent plan from the madness that had unfolded during the Convocation. "The Imprisoned -- that is the target. And so I propose that those who wish to focus on eliminating the threat from The Imprisoned, and restoring the world to its proper functioning -- those Gods should join Thrym, the Hounds of Hell, Pirsuq and the Wilding mortals, and myself in our Hunt. Agorom certainly has tools appropriate for this task, and this task likewise falls within the remit that has been delivered to the Mouth of the Sun. With the power of the Greater Light of Day at our side, will The Moon, the Lord of Night, join our cause as well?"

It sounds to me like this plan would be relevant to the interests of Agorom and the Mouth of the Sun, and maybe even All Flame, on top of the already-established participants of The Hunt. Montcorr has expressed more concern about the Cold, but I think his skills are perfect primarily for supporting the efforts of The Hunt.

"Meanwhile, those gods who wish to focus on the threat posed by The Ice -- whether that be shoring up their habitations, or discovering a way to advance Life and Warmth and green grass against the encroaching tide of Fimbulwinter -- I propose they work together for the common good of all of us, and our mortal followers alike."

It sounds to me like this plan would be relevant to the interests of Parelle, Wallastra, the Priestess, and Alvande, and perhaps even Isath as well.

I didn't get the impression that Lai Xi Boi was keen on joining either of these efforts. Neither has Tiphanes expressed any interest either way. Bisthak and Larissa are not really invited to join in either, as far as I'm concerned.

TychoBrahesNose fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 16, 2015

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Larissa

"You built a treasure vault for all those souls? Your trash hole must connect to Hell then, because all I've been getting is the backwash of recently dead and evil souls no longer drawn to Hell."

She leaned forward from her throne, tone changing as she watched Wallastra with genuine interest at the thought of millions of souls and millions of Undead ready for the taking.

"They can be model citizens, you just need to know how to handle them the right way. My husband's offer stands Wallastra. I can solve the problem of the Undead for you easily and he can give you fire. You'd have to make contributions of your own of course. They till the fields, carry water, chip away at the snow and ice blocking the roads, and otherwise do the jobs that other mortals cannot."

They don't sleep, don't get tired, and only need replenishment and feeding from the dead or otherwise useless. If you are sitting on the fled souls of Hell, Larissa can easily help you subjugate them and split the take evenly in addition to sharing tech/workers if you pay in AP and meat to keep them running.

All Flame, All Devourer

"No. I will not act with you, and I will not so soon directly oppose that which fled Hell. He would expect it and has no doubt taken steps. It's what I would do."

Dragon's too big to easily take out in a hit even for the Imprisoned (probably) and vice versa.

Alvande, Lady of Summer

"You'll forgive me if I'm suspicious of your plans, Liesmith. It's a given that you don't tell a truth without wedging two lies on either side. I'll help if you can reach a meaningful consensus on combating the Ice but this is all just talk. We can only take you at your word that this curse is not of your doing or that this isn't some insane plan of yours. I still don't understand what happened here. Malador died to causes unknown, Sloth somehow had help from something imprisoned here (which escaped how?), and now you want our help in hunting it down because it's a threat greater than the Ice... for no direct reason that I can see."

"I don't know much of anything about Hell and its metaphysical state. Punishing dead mortals for an eternity sounds cruel and stupid to me, so why would I want to help you do that aside from empowering your suspiciously well crafted throne?"

Kind of sounds like you're proposing two not quite separate committees, which sounds a little shady to Alvande. If you can show her a solid plan she's not totally against the idea of helping out but nothing's come up so far but she's kind of suspicious/skeptical overall. Also apparently she wasn't one of the Gods who subscribed to monthly Hellplan, instead electing to have her worshipers join her directly in a Summer Land or something regardless of morality.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 16, 2015

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
The Mouth

He was hoping that the organizers of this meeting had already discovered the solutions to the Cold and Curse and that they'd only need manpower. No such luck. Instead, they were worried about their cities and The Imprisoned. Did they not have overseers to take care of their cities? And why is something not imprisoned still called "The Imprisoned"?

"I'd rather concern myself with the Cold. As a foreigner to these lands, hunting a prisoner doesn't seem like my concern; unless that prisoner could undo the Cold." He decides to save most of his ignorant questions for later as he connects some dots in his head. "This maybe unrelated to The Released but does anyone know what happened to the last holder of my position? He looks similar to myself."

He hoped that his death would be solely the Cold's fault; he didn't want to add 'Chasing a God around the lands' to his list of duties he must complete before returning home.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

All Convocating Gods - Hell

Larissa made a rude gesture with one hand, indicating that it was a stupid question to consider what the Queen of Darkness and Undeath would know about the whereabouts of the sun. At her side her husband shrugged.

Alvande's face twisted, taking on a complicated expression.

"Ayahuen's fate is unknown to me. But I saw him from afar after he had fallen to the earth but did not have the chance to speak with him. Other than that I know nothing."

"NO FORM LIKE YOURS HAS INVADED THE SEAS. SEE THAT THIS REMAINS SO//YOUR PRISONER (YOUR PREDECESSOR) WOULD BE AN INVADER LIKE ANY OF YOU ARE."

Some quick rolls here to see what the RNG thinks.
Vampire Queen = nfc on where the Sun went.
Summer = saw him real quick but didn't exchange contact info but I guess that unsurprisingly the Sun and Summer were on a first name basis with one another?
If Montcorr(or anybody else that doesn't already have an alibi) wants to make up something ominous and try his luck with the RNG I can roll some dice and throw you the results. Fair warning it could be pretty bad though if so.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Montcorr - He Who Is Bored and Phoneposting from Work

"Perhaps he flew too close to the sun? It's dangerous, isn't it," The Moon asked, smiling.

I don't want to roll right now, I'm just loving with the shiny one for the time being.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Agorom - Hell

The titan swings his eye-lights back to Parelle and Vicissitude, casting them in brilliant white light. "The Summer-Lady makes a good point. This is all very CONVENIENT for you, trickster. The enemies of HELL just so happen to be the ENEMIES of us all. The ICE and this 'IMPRISONED' can wait - the SLOTH must be fixed now, before its impact compounds over weeks and months. That lost productivity cou-- will be the line between LIFE and DEATH. Furthermore, if the Released being is responsible for the Sloth as you say it is, reversing its STRIKE against mortal-kind should catch its ATTENTION. If that all comes to pass, I do not object to purging the AGGRESSOR."

The trickster is a slippery one, no doubt. The Family, the real one, he can understand - and mercifully, they seem to be doing better than his own - but who is the trickster? What's his game here? How did he wind up sitting on this throne? He files the questions away in a storage bin for now and pivots to Wallastra.

"You, CITY-god. Does your heart not, let us say, BEAT to the drums of mortal men? Hypothetically, your influence could extend beyond your city to the entire COSMOPOLIS of mortal-kind, yes? If you lend your power in BURNING AWAY the Sloth, I will help you however I can with your infrastructural difficulties."

Though he doesn't show it, his sensor arrays keep a tight watch on All Flame All Devourer, too. There's something familiar about his heat signal - he's felt it below the Stations, a massive power near the core. A vast heat, an immense fire, a... plausible fuel. He scans the exits just as discreetly. Of course, it would be wrong and foolish to aggress against the dragon, but...

OOC: Agorom counter-proposes to undo (or do something to counteract) the Curse of Sloth first, before it does lasting damage, and use that to piss off (or at least, attract the attention of) the Imprisoned so it exposes itself a little and we have a better chance of catching our target in the open. Let's start out simple, people, rather than entrusting vital missions to a bunch of disparate, alien minds right off the bat!

Also, a note to Wallastra.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Lai Xi Boi - Falling Asleep at GodCon

So these were the great and powerful gods. Squabbling children in the town square, trying to look better than the child next to them. Once again his voice seems to come from everywhere and nowhere, "We don't accomplish anything in this world alone ... and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one's life and all the weavings of individual threads from one to another that creates something." His wisdom about the need for solidarity delivered, Lai Xi waiting to see what it would bring about.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Larissa

"It sounds like there will be several competing efforts instead of a single cohesive one, which works for me well enough anyway." "I have the power to control the souls of the Undead and recently dead. Given the current state of affairs those of you with followers and cities to defend will hardly need a new threat to defend against. Ally with me and I will use that power wisely and fairly to create a cure in the Age to come. I assume that none of you have the stomach for dangerous and likely lethal experimentation on the souls of living mortals, I have no such qualms for the Undead."

She looked pointedly at Vicissitude.

"The corpse has a point. Some cooperation is necessary for us to survive in the long run. It's just a question of who you trust and who's sitting on a throne looking down on the rest of us while talking big. I can give you stability, fire, safety from the dead, and the support of an empire. I also do not have a vested interest in picking a fight with a God of unknown power, motive, or provenance."

Larissa has no traits which can help a global purge, but she can spell cast a shitload of traits if she's effecting the Undead. If you sign up for Team Larissa (and I guess Bisthak too) she's willing to throw in using the Undead as a test kitchen to cook up a cure in the next Age.

Lai Xi Boi

From Larissa: What you say makes sense but I suspect too many of the others present are wrapped up in their pride and fear to accept it. Come to my empire and I will shelter you in exchange for your assistance in maintaining its stability. You will find that the populace are not unwelcoming to something of your nature provided you can behave reasonably.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra - Hell

A lot of questions came his way, he thought about it for a moment, and then it seemed as something physically clicked in his head.

Larissa

"A tempting offer, but, at this moment in time I need the fine skills of the living, rather then a workforce of the dead for plans of mine. However, when I have gotten the situation on my end sorted I might bring this up again"

"Agorom's words has given me an idea for consideration"

He waves a hand towards her husband. "Between you, Agorom, The Priestess, your husband, and Parelle, we do technically have a large majority of the mortal world under our control. Therefore if we work something between our respective mortal nations, and put our purviews together, it is very possible that we can eradicate the curse of Sloth from, if not the whole world, then at least a large part of it."

"And once that is out of the way, there is something else we can do. I am aware that the elder gods tried and failed to combat the ice, and this is why we shouldn't attempt it again I am told. I feel there is a point that is being missed there how ever, the ice at that point was at it's most powerful, it had killed most of the gods on the planet and brought the world into an inescapable age of ice that not even the Burning Sands could escape from, fate could be said to have been in favour of the Ice Age. It's purview was waxing as much as it could possibly wax, and that is why the first attempt failed, because the elder gods assumed the best way to fight an insurmountable enemy, was to attack them at their strongest point in their most powerful state."

"But now humor me, if the combined efforts of the last remaining mortal civilizations and their respective gods on the planet, were to drive the ice back, not the entity behind the ice but it's influence; to reclaim lost territory, drive back the cold, rebuild in the face of permanent stagnation under a frozen sky, something that would have become so powerful under the coming of the ice might possibly grow weaker when it recedes. Of course, I could be entirely wrong in this assumption, but reclaiming land from the cold should still be a consideration."

Agorom

"Hmmm, no, not exactly. At least I haven't tried yet, I didn't get out much before the Cold. Ensuring the proper running of the city took up most of my time. But I suppose that if I was to come in contact with a city, one brick is no different to any other brick in the grand design of things, I might be able to 'connect'. But I have to visit the city first, if only so I would know where it was in my internal compass"

He paused as he considered this.

"My main issue right now is that I am somewhat bound to my city as I am at my most powerful inside the walls rather then outside of them. The last time I left the city for a task I was reduced in power to a minor god, something which I want to avoid as much as possible especially since when I needed to return to my city due to a crisis I had to travel by mortal means, assisted somewhat by a large divine explosion of power when we got caught in an ice floe but regardless. The only way I have found to extend my own personal influence currently, is leap-frogging across abandoned farming settlements and ruined outposts, this is acceptable for scrying purposes but unsuitable at best and extremely dangerous at worse for direct intervention."

"But, roads are technically under my purview, and roads between cities would allow a more 'safe' method of moving myself between the other city states in the Burning Sands. After all, if there are mortals within them without their gods then it should be my duty to protect them, and if they are empty then I can reclaim what ever I might need from them for those that still live. And if I can actually find more living gods in the area that could be of assistance."

"If you can help me get this network set up, I will try and assist you however I can in return, it is only fair."

---

No thank you no zombies for me right now, I'm going to keep bunging evil ghosts into the soul furnaces though because that poo poo just cuts out the middle man of your system entirely. I ain't sharing that poo poo though, it's a trade/dirty secret.

Also hey how about we pool our resources together and punch this sloth curse in the prerogative. We will have like +20 at the very least between all our stuff affecting our nations and subjects. And then afterwards we can slowly punch the ice in the vulnerables rather then try fighting it directly and lose, again.

Also yes stompy robot that is a very good idea if it wasn't for the problem that I don't know where most of that poo poo is, but if I could have some help digging these roads so I don't have to risk getting iced on or eaten by say, wandering giant dragons that happen to be in the area every time I go out for a nice walk across the icey sands that would be appreciated. I'll do favors for you in return, not sure what I can do just yet but I can do 'em. I might quibble a bit if it's 'FEED ME THE SOULS OF YOUR CITIZENS' though.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 16, 2015

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
Mouth

Alvande seems to know of Ayahuen at least and it seems she could give him a good lead; but before Mouth could form a question, Montcorr's words cut across the air.

Oh no he didn't.

"The sunlight your palace reflected, even though it couldn't reflect its warmth, was a welcome companion while I traveled these lands at night; as it was a nice reminder of the Sun. Your lack of tact tells me your palace's inability to reflect warmth was intentional. Tell me: are you as lacking as your palace is when it doesn't have something greater than itself to mock?"

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Montcorr, The Mirror in the Night

The Moon was about to look for the blind god for a little talk after launching his cheap shot, but the unexpectedly apt reply of the Mouth took precedence over the matters of saving the world.

"Ah, I see the sun has quite a mouth nowadays. I beg you to forgive me," he said after a short pause, "for my hesitance to accept sun's warm embrace, for I must be too lowly of a shadow to understand its magnificence. For despite how sweetly your predecessor - and I dare not call him a liar, as deceit is a sin against Truth I despise with every fiber of my being - spoke of the sun granting life and warmth and clarity, what I see is a tyrant. For embrace of this humble reflection of your magnificence does not turn fertile fields into desert graveyards, my caress will not cause the others to burst into flames and perish. For I do not threaten to devour those that care for me to bind them into a life of servitude. I am not blinding myself with own hubris, expecting the world to revolve around me. I am not so vain as to forget about my followers each and every night, leaving it to others to give them the scant little light they need not to be consumed by darkness.

Every day I wish for understanding, Emissary, for perhaps it is the self-reflection, or dignity, which is barring me from the greatness that is the sun. Until the time of such blessing, I am content to offer my sincere thanks to you and your kind for keeping the monster leashed."

GoldenJoe
Aug 9, 2006
Mouth

'Ugh, sarcasm, a simple reversal of the truth. Montcorr wasn't going to great lengths to distort or hide his ignorance now', Mouth thought. His false words raised anger in the Mouth.

"I would have preferred more of your cutting wit, as that requires some creativeness; I think sarcasm is a thin veil that doesn't fully embody your "talent" for distorting truths, personal or not. Your use of it provides a stark contrast between what you see yourself as and what you really are: a creative-less mirror and interloper; who, when called out, casts off his own shrouds of mystery and indifference and speaks, plainly and ignorantly, in defense of himself."

"Your views of yourself and the Sun are as distorted as the half-truths you "provide." The Sun is harsh, but what it is given is returned in warmth and light to all, while you and your palace are nothing but celestial parasites: Your sky palace tugs on all of the land's forces with no rhyme or reason, all so you can have a divine perch to peep on the mortals of the lands you affect, while offering nothing in return but warped versions of the truths you've absorbed. For the sake of the the Earth and its mortals: You should land your palace soon, before the Earth tires of your antics and does it for you."

Getting some of his anger out, he calmed slightly.

"I doubt I'm telling you what you haven't heard already from Ayahuen, still: Care must be taken with the Sun and it must be looked after as any other flame. If you wish to understand the Sun and the pain it can cause, you should do something of selfless consequence: something that can help yet still cause harm, regardless of intentions."

Whereas before, Montcorr's original statement had went through one ear and out the other, merely eliciting a harsh response from Mouth; now though, as he thought of the statement again, it sparked the rage that had built inside of him, "Stay far away from the Sun or get burnt!", his words carrying with them a shower of embers; they danced fiercely around Montcorr but ultimately fade harmlessly into the air.

After getting that out of his system, the Mouth disengaged his "conversation" with Montcorr and spoke to Alvande, "Where did you see him?"

_
OOC: I was going to tell Agorom earlier that arriving a second too late to a timeless meeting means an empty refreshments table and a roomful of people with nothing left to talk about, but never mind.

GoldenJoe fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Nov 17, 2015

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Montcorr, the Weaver of Truths

Oh, the sunny boy wants to have a last word and bail? That's... Probably for the best, for as difficult Montcorr's relationship with the sun is, the last thing this sorry meet needed was more animosity.

"Run away from the truth? So be it --- no. Just let it go Montcorr, don't let this insufferable convocation get the better of you.

Instead, the Moon shrugged, smiling subtly with a corner of his mouth upon Mouth's ostentatious feigning of disinterest as it turned to Alvande. As he made his way to Tiphanes, he casually flicked one of the embers away - the urge to get the last word in was just too strong.

"Forgive me my outburst, unworthy of a philosopher, o Golden One. The Divine have a truly unique knack at straining my patience, hence my usual unwillingness to attend," Montcorr apologized. "I do not believe the present are about to reach any meaningful agreement, and so I'd like to offer you a proposal of tackling our shared woes in scholarly fashion, rather than let this sorry lot keep dragging me down to their barbarism. I fear relying on our shared wisdoms may be the only chance to have this convocation not be a complete waste of time."

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Lai Xi Boi - GodCon

The bickering was beginning to grow tiring. "Each one of us is both the sun and the moon. The sun is constant—every day the same fiery ball rises in the sky. But the moon cycles through constant change—one day it is whole, then it wanes until it has disappeared altogether. Yet, then it is renewed, reborn out of nothingness. So too, we learn and progress by quantum leaps and bounds, yet the timeless, constant wisdom doesn’t budge from its place. On the contrary, the more we move forward, the deeper we fathom the truths behind us."

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath

"WE ARE ALL ABOUT TO DIE OR WORSE. SUGGEST WORKING TOGETHER, THEN PROCEEDING WITH FIGHTS AND MURDER AS USUAL, AFTER SITUATION IMPROVES." Isath's tone is not sarcastic (if it is even capable of sarcasm) - it does not seem to judge the bickering, just the fact that now is not quite the right time for that.

Isath extended three large arms in front of its bulk.

"KEEP THINGS SIMPLE. EVERYONE INTERESTED IN WORKING TOGETHER SPEAK THEIR INTEREST, CHOOSE ONE OF THREE THINGS: FIGHTING ICE, FIGHTING SLOTH CURSE, FIGHTING IMPRISONED. THEN WE CAN TAKE STEPS." Isath gestured to Parelle. "I WILL CHOOSE SAME AS PARELLE. IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED AT ALL, SO IT IS."

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Vicissitude -- GodCon

I'm quite amused that in all this snarky bickering and one-upsmanship, it is the Trickster God of Chaos who is trying to keep us all on task and united in purpose. Maybe, after all, he's not so much the God of Chaos as the God of Being Contrary.

Vicissitude first replies to Isath and the conversation that the Family was holding amongst itself. "The Dragon is a distraction; there are far more pressing matters at present. And to be honest, I find its overbearing presence and its penchant for Chaos rather amusing. That said, it is clearly a threat, and I will not stop you should you decide that you wish to eliminate it or chain it at the start of the coming Age. In fact, it might indeed make a useful power source for re-empowering Hell."

Then, speaking aloud, he addresses the others. "Fortunately for you, my lady Summer, you do not have to trust me in the slightest. If you wish for the evil of mortals to be given free rein without repercussions inside the borders of your domain -- well, that is a matter for you alone, and the consequences are yours to bear alone as well. I, for my part, see a need -- regrettable as it may be -- for the existence of Hell, or at least a place very much like it. Be that as it may, if you wish to oppose the Ice, and if you wish to have your efforts matter, then you will join with Parelle and the the others. The God of Cities, in particular, has a fascinating idea worthy of pursuing. Trying to strike the Ice at its heart, to stop it once and for all, is a suicidal fool's errand -- even if we knew where and how to strike, which we do not. But starting with skirmishes -- destroying a Glacier here, taming a Windstorm there -- and you might regain enough of the earth to weaken the Cold overall. Parelle herself has some notion of how this stratagem may be employed, as one of her 'Children' is himself a former Icestorm. On the other hand -- and much to your relief, I imagine -- my own efforts will be focused elsewhere; you need have no fear that I have some secret plan to benefit myself at your expense.

"And you, Agorom, if you wish to ignore my advice and focus on the symptom -- Sloth -- rather than the cause -- the Imprisoned -- you are welcome to do so. Fortunately, Parelle is already working on a cure for the Curse, and your own idea regarding a concerted effort by the patron deities of the far-flung mortals may in fact be effectual. Despite accusations to the contrary, I cannot actually see what the future holds for these efforts. But as I have already intimated, Thrym and I (and assorted others) will be Hunting at the start of the New Age. Your firepower would be most welcome. But if you wish to play to your weaknesses rather than your strenghts, by all means sit at Home and tend Parelle's garden for her. Who knows? Perhaps amongst all that destructive firepower, you really do have a green thumb after all.

"You mute Gods of the Beasts, and Gods of the Things that Crawl Beneath -- your own feral nature speaks to your capabilities as ferocious hunters. Should any of you wish to join the Hunt, I shall consider a temporary alliance for such purposes. I have no desire to domesticate you or otherwise chain you to the side of the Gods of the Sentient Mortals. But if you wish mutual protection against the larger threats..." Here he casts a sidelong glance at All Flame All Devourer, "That also is possible during the time that we are Hunting together as a pack."

Hopefully an alliance of convenience with some random lower-powered gods, along the lines of "you scratch my back, I keep you from being eaten by a Dragon", will also improve our chances against The Imprisoned.

Finally, Vicissitude turns to Larissa. "The Gods of the Convocation have spoken, and it appears that they trust your intentions even less than they trust mine. It is gratifying to see that your grasping nature continues to result in you over-reaching. Know, however, that, should that grasping nature cause you to reach for any of the mortal followers of me and mine, you will regret that over-reach far more than any other."

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Agorom - Hell

Agorom nods to Wallastra. "I can build ROADS, or make them BETTER, if that is what you need."

Then Vicissitude starts to speak. Gears clack and spin in Agorom's divinitechnological brain as the trickster makes his case, but the answer comes out the same: "PRIORITY ONE - terminate the Sloth. I believed this could be done by PURGING its origin, but I now understand it LIVES beyond its creator, and must be DEALT with on its own terms. Our priorities DIFFER. You make too many ASSUMPTIONS about your guests - both their desires and their capabilities. For instance..."

Agorom raises his open hands. A steady thrum fills the chamber as fuel rods plug in place somewhere in his depths, and warning lights flicker along his digits. "...my thumbs are GREENER than you KNOW, trickster. Direct me to the GARDEN that you would like to see IMPROVED, and I will DEMONSTRATE."

OOC: GoldenJoe, the space-time continuum appreciates fashionable lateness and is willing to make space(-time) for it where it arises :v:.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Godmeet

Parelle watched, listened and suffered from her migraine. Her Family was rather full of bad liars. She actually appreciated this. She spoke to her Family and Isath through their connection.

"No killing anyone unless they start something please. I'm tired. Let it lie for an age. Our mortals are on their way to health and well being. If we start a fight in our own house we'll endanger them. We invited some, kicked out others and made our intentions known. I wish we could work with everyone, but I think that some people would ruin our work simply by existing. Besides, if we all combine on a single approach and it fails then we're all poorer for it. I'd rather not manage everyone. You see how hard it is to agree on even simple problems and projects. It's like herding cats."

Having never seen a cat, she had to privately explain what a cat was to Pirsuq. She later learned that he had indeed seen a cat in Home, but didn't know the name for it. Her little brother, the god of off topic conversations. Then she finally addressed the convocation.

"I'm tired. Thank you all for attending. I'm going to rest. Priestess, Alvande, stay long enough to collect fruit if you wish. Isath, you may pick your own layer of Hell and do as you wish with it as long as it does not do harm to the mortals, divine or the structure itself. Others may return later to collect fruit before the age ends or merely to visit. So long as you do no harm and I will guarantee safety as long as you stay. Oh, and dragon, I can't stress how much I will make you suffer if you used this convocation to find prey and sabotage our chances of living. Hunt some beasts if you're hungry. The sapient divine have business to attend to. Reggie, Cadenza, Pirsuq, time to bed down. We have lots to do come the next age."

She bowed slightly and left with her family. After all, it was either leave or embarrass herself and nod off while others talked. So tired.

"So I was thinking. Reggie, Cadenza, you both lack followers. Maybe you two should split those that are left?" she asked. "You need your own well of followers after all."

So most of the useful topics have been discussed. Parelle has bowed out as the convocation has gone on just long enough to start winding down in terms of usefulness. I would like to end the age though as the godmeet seems to be more about being snippy rather than being productive now.

Parelle has done the following:

1. Invited the priestess and Alvande to bunk at Home until the curse curing fruit has grown. They can take some home with them when it bares fruit. They're allowed to stick around as long as they're on their best behavior while staying and leaving.

2. Extended her protection to the priestess if the Dragon comes calling. Parelle likes mortals and hates upstart lizards.

3. Lai Xi Boi gets to take home some Wildings. Sorry that I got that wrong, Deadmeat. Lazy boy approached her. :)

4. Pretty much anyone else gets to take some home too. The dragon and the odd couple (Bisthack and Larissa) are exceptions.

5. Isath gets 2 AP now and half of her starting AP come the next age to keep from starving. He gets to relax on an unused layer of Hell and can leave when he wants as long as he helps out and doesn't harm anyone.

6. Anyone at all can take some fruit home with them, but they'll need to come back to get it.

7. Seeing if Cadenza and Reggie and convert the remaining unconverted followers before they go to sleep. They need their own sources of worship after all.

8. Since Parelle is bumping up to 12 ranks (16 with the pantheon) this will be the new portfolio and the portfolio's of her direct family and possessions for reference. I'll be putting those in the OOC thread because it's a bit big. I want to check and make sure I haven't missed anything.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

All Flame, All Devourer

"Hoh, this is why I do enjoy attending these meetings so. Always, the petty bickering and posturing, the threats of destruction and war while safely behind the supposed shield of nonaggression a Convocation allows." The Dragon didn't bother to scoff at Vicissitude's stern admonitions. "I will not help any of you in any way save as a delicious treat on its way into my belly. Band together so it's easier for me to eat you all at once, or scatter so I can enjoy hunting you down to the last, it makes no difference to me."

Welp turns out nobody wants to get in the Dragon's belly. Your participation or actions re: Dragon are pretty irrelevant from his perspective anyway.

Alvande, Lady of Summer

"I'll go home and weather the long winter myself. You can keep your fruit and your Wildings Parelle, I've got plenty enough of both of my own and I don't want to risk any of mine being stolen or poisoned. We'll see how the next Age fares, I may see you and accept them from you then."

Rolled for it, Alvande thinks you're all jerks but isn't unwilling to share provided this isn't some sort of deep cunning trap to poison her or her dudes. Introducing a foreign God's worshipers to her pool is not her idea of safe, as she's not willing to trust that she won't be sabotaged/stabbed in her sleep.

Mouth of the Sun

From Alvande, Lady of Summer: I saw him after shortly after his fall. He told me that his wings had frozen and he'd cut them off himself in order to sever the connection between him and the Sun. Come and shelter in my valley, and we can talk more of this in the new Age.

You can choose to exit GodCon in the same moment/space as Alvande if you both want it instead of from wherever you dropped in. This means you'll pass the sleep between Ages physically wherever she came from though.

Larissa

"And then you will fail and your corpses will freeze. Have fun with that." She threw down her glass and made an extremely insulting gesture. "If it's war you want it's war you'll get, Trickster. We could have made an arrangement, but what happens hereafter is your doing as much as anything else." Larissa stood from her throne and the shadows of Hell deepened as she drew to the fullness of her power. "All of you are either with me or against me. Any of you that do not stand with me now make an enemy of me and an enemy of my husband," Bisthak grunted and gave a half-hearted wave, "and will be destroyed on sight within the bounds of my empire. I have roads aplenty, and tireless workers and flame to maintain them. We can stave off the Ice and retake the souls of our mortals together, or you can make an enemy for the rest of your short and painful lives."

LARISSA votes gently caress You All, but if the recliner God wants to schlep on down to Larissa-town he can and the rest of you can stay right the gently caress out if you know want to avoid skeleton armies eating your brains if you're not signing up.

Tiphanes

"Larissa is belligerent, repulsive, greedy, duplicitous, and cruel. She is also correct. Your plans will fail due to an incomplete understanding of what you face, and division in your ranks. I know this because I have seen it so. I have already seen it so."

Some echo of the smugness and native arrogance of Tiphanes' personality shone through his ruined gaze. How did a God with such an impassive and destroyed face still manage to convey such self satisfaction? It was a mystery. He continued without pausing, delivering his speech as if he'd been an actor waiting for his cue "I have a plan to end the Ice. I have foreseen how it will be destroyed for good. Accept my believers into your populations, swear to not interfere with their religious activities, and the Ice will be defeated for certain.

He spread his arms and a host of hooded mortals marched forth in unison from his shadow.

"I already know how you will each respond."

TIPHANES gets the last word. Sorta. Mostly because he's been waiting for the end of the party in order to speak up in a bid to be mysterious. But he's got a plan and it involves all of you allowing worship of his divine prophecy (de facto split or total belief in Tiphanes) into your communities. Let the People of the Prophecy into your homes, and do not interfere with their proselytizing and he will end the Ice forever. He already knows how you're going to vote. :smug:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Isath

Isath yawned from many mouths. "SO IT IS OVER. DIE CAST. GOOD. I WILL SEE WHOM I WILL SEE, THEN."

Then Isath spoke to the Family in private. "I WILL FIND THE LAYER WITH THE MOST WATER AND SLEEP, THEN. AS WE AGREED, WHEN I WAKE UP I WILL HELP WITH THE ICE AND THE SLOTH CURSE. IF THE DRAGON COMES AT US, GOOD. IF IT DOESN'T, ALSO GOOD. CONCLUDE CONVOCATION IN PEACE. SUGGEST NOT ACCEPTING TIPHANES OFFER. TIPHANES HOLDS A BOOK, CAN SKIP PAGES, BUT IT ONLY WORKS BECAUSE BOOK IS THE SAME. BUT THE BOOK CAN CHANGE. ALSO DANGEROUS TO HAVE NEAR. IMPOSSIBLE TO TRUST."

Plan LARISSA: No

Plan WALLASTRA-SOUL: No
Plan WALLASTRA-ICE: Yes

(All VICISSITUDE plans exclude LARISSA, BISTHAK, ALL FLAME by default)
Plan VICISSITUDE-SLOTH: Yes
Plan VICISSITUDE-HUNT: Yes
Plan VICISSITUDE-ICE: Yes
Plan VICISSITUDE-PARELLE (this one is partially binding): No no no. Parelle DOES NOT want Isath to take in wildlings, trust me.

Plan TIPHANES (this one is partially binding): Haha gently caress Tiphanes, if at some point Isath is about to fall into the hole leading out of reality, Tiphanes is coming along. Let's see him be smug about "seeing the future" when the concepts of spacetime, causality and continuity unravel and break horribly.

So, basically, Isath is for fighting the Ice, fighting the Sloth curse, and finding the Imprisoned, in that order of descending priority. If the All Flame stays in Hell after the Convocation ends, eating him will be max priority.

Isath will stay in the most aquatic layer in Hell, hibernating until the next age.

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Nov 20, 2015

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Vicissitude -- GodCon

"Ha ha ha!" Vicissitude laughs jovially. "Well played, Tiphanes! Of course you always know everything, as there is no room for chaos in what will have already transpired, yes?" Continuing with his mirthful tone, he adds, "I care not to whom mortals offer their devotion while they draw breath, as my role in the divine economy remains, as it was in past Ages, to be the guide for their souls upon their deaths. Then they are all mine for a time, regardless of their prior pantheonic or denominational affiliation.

"But what you neglect to mention is what else your mortals will be up to, even as they are proselytizing the faithful belonging to the others. Do you actually plan to possess them yourself and manifest bodily within the other gods' sanctuaries, or merely to see through their eyes at opportune moments? Or is your ability to infiltrate another god's domain slightly more limited than that?

"Never mind -- I don't actually require an answer from you. You're not the only one with foresight, Blind Leader of the Blind. I may not know the full extent of your clairvoyance, but I know what I would do were I in your position, and that is sufficient to give me pause when it comes to your offer, no matter how ecumenical I might consider myself in principle."

Puppies are dicks posted:

Plan LARISSA: Team up with the Bisthak Empire, get fed fire, Undead chaff/slave workers, feed AP and hot flesh back. Other terms may be negotiable.

HAHAHA NO. In addition to professional antipathy toward Larissa due to her cockblocking Vicissitude's duties as psychopomp for deceased mortals, he also personally despises her. She can die in a fire while eating a bag of dicks, as far as V is concerned.

quote:

Plan WALLASTRA-SOUL: Hearts and minds purge of mortal(read also overwhelmingly or mostly human) souls using lines of social organisation, infrastructure, and nationality as a base
Plan WALLASTRA-ICE: Combat the Ice on as many fronts as possible by striking against its 'physical' manifestations, i.e. glaciers, ice storms, icebergs, etc.

Both of these sound nifty, but Vicissitude has no particular resources to devote to these tasks himself. So that's a "Yes" in principle, but a "No" in actual practice -- unless of course, he's actually attacked by the Ice at some point, and then he's more than happy to have allies in this most vital of causes.

quote:

(All VICISSITUDE plans exclude LARISSA, BISTHAK, ALL FLAME by default)
Plan VICISSITUDE-SLOTH: Break the Curse of Sloth by whatever collective means possible

If V can help (by, say, distributing fruit during his travels like an all-powerful Johnny Appleseed), he's all for it. But otherwise he's going to be focusing his efforts elsewhere. So, a conditional Yes that's really mostly a No.

quote:

Plan VICISSITUDE-HUNT: Hunt the Imprisoned/(Dragon All Flame alternate goal) in order to replug the hole left in Hell

As far as V is concerned, this is the only plan toward which he will invest conscious effort.

quote:

Plan VICISSITUDE-ICE: See also Plan WALLASTRA.

If it doesn't stop him from Hunting, sure, he'll help beat back a Glacier or two. But since any Cold-fight will likely deplete resources he wants to throw at The Imprisoned, he'd be more inclined to make a strategic retreat from The Ice than to stand his ground -- unless somehow the only way to get to The Imprisoned is through that particular bit of Cold. So again, a conditional Yes that's really mostly a No. At least until The Imprisoned is back in its cage, at which point V is more than happy to be all about global warming.

quote:

Plan VICISSITUDE-PARELLE (this one is partially binding): agree to take and keep 100-300 Wildings in order to guide the flow of damned and evil souls towards Hell in order to secure the orderly flow of life and death.

Um...maybe? In the sense that Vicissitude will be taking a whole horde of Wildings with him on the Hunt to help sweep up souls for deposit in Hell later (assuming any of us make it back), and also to possibly help in the actual Hunting.

quote:

Plan TIPHANES (this one is partially binding): Agree to take ??? number of PEOPLE OF THE PROPHECY into your populations, allowing them to proselytize (possible shared faith or exclusive faith with TIPHANES) and conduct religious rituals in peace.

Alas, I have no free will in the matter -- Tiphanes already knows that I will turn him down. Thus, I am constrained to fulfill my destiny as he has foreseen it.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Lai Xi Boi - The Box

Conquer anger with loving-kindness. Conquer wickedness with goodness. Conquer selfishness with generosity. Conquer dishonesty with truth. These had been the precepts which Lai Xi Boi had founded his order upon in an earlier Age. To counter the ills of the world and escape the traps of self-delusion with mindfulness and compassion. With him at the lead, 108 boddhisatva disciples had sat the lotus and led the guiding lights and philosopher kings of a now bygone era.

But it was so long ago now that time was nothing more than a blip in the eyes of Gods and men. Lai Xi Boi's influence over the mortal world had withered and faded alongside his shell of flesh (which remained stubbornly tethered to his soul) and his last lamaseries had long succumbed to the frost, the monks within trapped between an ideology of non-will and a spiritual malaise that led them gently to the conclusion that they should not care.

Why bother struggling for life? Why bother scrabbling among the ruins for fuel when all it would result in was another wasted day trapped on the mortal coil? The Ice was the dissolution of life, the Ice was the destruction of the soul. In sufficient exposure it would freeze a man to death and annihilate his soul with frost in the same icy moment. Why bother?

In his sleep Lai Xi Boi felt these thoughts, echoes of his own, carry over him and pass.

"Yeah! F-f-f-gently caress it! You j-j-j-j-j-just gotta contremplate a state of mental awareness that is conducive to a soulful harmony of wellbeing and y-y-y-yeah!

"W-w-we're going to overcome ignorance, and break the shackles of samsara!"

"Yeah!"

"We're going to get out of here, and guide those souls!"

But a barrage of chilly, highly annoying voices cut through his sleep. dragging him forcefully back to the present reality.

"Hey! This guy's awake! I saw those dried up old eyes move!"

"Wait, isn't he our God or something?"

"...seriously? Well poo poo, ask him if he can get us more food, fire, water, and everything else. The Larissans aren't due to open the Box for another year."

Turns out LXB's followers weathered the first Age of Ice very poorly. So poorly in fact they're all dead. But good news! Those 100 WILDINGS you took from Parelle were counted among your worshipers and transported with your divine corpse! They have been isolated by the Larissa Empire to prevent their infection from spreading (the infection is Wildings) and given minimal access to food, heat, etc. within their prison but are otherwise doing ok!. WILDING MONKS!

Vicissitude - Hellthrone, Hell

Hell's throne sat at its deepest point, and the edifice was designed such that Hell's ruler could look across the entirety of his domain without pause. This was good. Vicissitude looked down over his kingdom, saw the icy wastes surrounding him where Thrym and the Hounds snapped and tore at one another, the bustling mortal cities of Home with its many temples to the newly ascendant Hell Gods (and something called the Undying Flame), the Graveyard of Parelle's siblings lay in wait alongside the majority of Hell's dead souls, and the putrid swamp that seemed to have sprung up around Isath.

He counted the number of souls wandering aimlessly around the Graveyard again. Then he took a closer look at the Impure Swamp. This wasn't right. Obviously it was stupid to expect Hell's occupancy to resemble that of its former glory, but no matter which way he considered the matter there were too few souls. There was nothing hidden within the swamp aside from the Isath-spawn, and the souls of Home gravitated naturally towards the Graveyard, but that place held too few souls to account for the accretion of an entire Age.

Where were the legions of the world's evil, twisted, and insane? Even with the primary enchantments of Hell inoperative, surely some souls would have wandered in and been caught if only by habit or happenstance. He hadn't expected to wake to a vault full of treasures but this was simply disappointing.

HELL has developed into a number of distinct areas!
HELLTHRONE is the center/deepest portion of HELL, and is occupied by THYRM and HELLHOUNDS!
IMPURE SWAMP is the area currently occupied by ISATH! Nothing but Isath-spawn (and what prey they drag to their lairs) lives here due to the vileness of the swamp!
HOME is the gateway to HELL and the vast majority of its living residents reside there! Temples have been built in the name of THE FAMILY and the other Gods residing in HELL (except ISATH) and an additional shrine has been built to the UNDYING FLAME!
GRAVEYARD is where Parelle's siblings and the dead souls of Hell are!
HELL is surprisingly underpopulated!

Parelle - Home, Hell

Parelle didn't notice at first that she'd woken. For the moment there was no looming threat of arctic doom, no undead siblings, no giant damned dragon or million mortal souls begging, screaming, and pleading for her attention to worry about.

She stayed there for longer than she could tell, letting her concerns and worries be stilled by her inactivity. She ordered her thoughts in that same gentle quiet. 1) She was Home. 2) Home was incidentally, also an integral part of Hell. 3) Hell was her dominion which she'd already decided to split with her siblings, Vendruck, and the Trickster.

When she opened her eyes she found that Hell had managed to weather the new Age well enough. Nothing was burning, frozen, or falling down and no cannibal armies gathered around her bier. It was all in all, a very nice day. The imitation Sun she'd made was shining, the grass around her campsite was healthy and green, and in the distance she could her the hear the happy voices mortals and their children.

In the distance she could sense the others, her siblings living or dead clustered together, Isath in whatever deserted corner it had settled in, and in the center Vicissitude and his hounds at Hell's throne. Having given up her claim to Hell's power she wasn't as intimately sensitive to its circumstances but the place felt better. The absent atmosphere of oppression and pain made her feel like Hell was just the same as any other place.

There were three distinctions in her sense of Hell. The first was the frozen throne which served as Hell's heart. She had no doubt Vicissitude would also soon awaken there if he had not already. The second was a graveyard, the resting place of her deceased siblings souls which seemed to have attracted the souls of Hell's dead. The last was Isath's domain, which instinctively she knew would be toxic and hostile to her worshipers.

Then she felt it, one of the souls in her keeping simply dwindled and winked out. She frowned. How could a soul just disappear? Time passed, and another faded. She closed her eyes and let the sun shine on her face, and it was all she could do for a moment not to moan with pleasure and panic. She could sit up all the way, fight her way through this emergency only to be led to the next, but why bother?

I mean sure you could get out of bed in the morning, but it's chilly outside of the covers. You sure you don't want to sleep in? Doesn't sound like the kids are up yet and the house isn't on fire, and really how often do you get to enjoy a quiet morning wherein you can go back to sleep and wake up again at your leisure?

Isath - Impure Swamp, Hell

None of the new Hell was initially aquatic. But as the Age had ground to an end Isath had bellied up to an unoccupied depression in the great cavern that seemed more likely to be damp than not and promptly fallen asleep with the knowledge that things would either work out or not. It was too tired to care either way and Hell seemed safe enough.

It was now surrounded by a vast swamp. Isath had taken on piscine traits prior to its sleep and those traits had only intensified during its long period of rest. But the secretions and excretions of its slumber had pooled, melting stone and flesh becoming an enormous and irregular pool of which Isath now inhabited the deepest part.

The wretched foetor of the swamp drove the other inhabitants of Hell away, but in the marshy depths a wide variety of Isath-spawn bred, predated on one another, and prospered.

ISATH has changed the structure of a portion of HELL! An IMPURE SWAMP has grown around ISATH's slumbering form from its fishy secretions! IMPURE SWAMP is populated by a variety of aggressive and AMPHIBIOUS SPAWN and AMPHIBIOUS BREEDERS! Please pick 4 types of traits to divide amongst the AMPHIBIOUS SPAWN and AMPHIBIOUS BREEDERS in addition to the base traits of their core race!

Mouth of the Sun - Summer's Valley

Tethered to the Mouth, the Sun had favoured Summer's Valley moreso than other regions of the frozen planet, and the lush growth and climate showed it. Here in the valley it was as if the long winter had never come and the world was still alive. There were ordered fields heavy with crops, lush forests where wild game and lesser spirits of wood and dale cavorted, and the mortal worshipers of Summer lived lives free of the constant worry and survival-fear which dominated those in the wild. Alvande's abilities had mixed seamlessly with that of the Sun and produced the paradise in which they now stood.

"So, I think we're due a talk. Ask your questions and I'll answer what I can."

She stood before him in full bloom, the power of her valley surging into her and increasing her potency greatly.

Whether it was planned or not on Alvande's part, due to the tether the straying path and waning attention of the Sun has been focused on the valley and some combination of your two powers have kept the place in really good shape! She also just got a pretty big power surge from waking up.

Wallastra

Wallastra was hot. Too hot. He had gone to sleep cold with the worry of waking to an icy grave but instead found himself wreathed in a comforting layer of hot insulating ash. Fire and screams bellowed forth from a multitude of furnaces of all sizes, and the heavy clouds of suffering and smoke roiled together to form mild storms of fire and lightning. His belly was hot. Too hot.

What had they done to his temple? What had they done to the city's center? An enormous Infernal Furnace squatted amidst the city like a toad on a too-small pad, and Wallastra watched in fascination as a line of freshly hooked souls were dragged into the Furnace's waiting maw just as the same methodical pace spat out black waste from the other end. Wait a minute. Was the charred dross moving? He looked closely, suspicions outpacing whatever moral judgments he instinctively reached to make. Whatever it was that the Furnace produced as a waste product, it wasn't quite alive. But he had the sinking suspicion that it could suffer although it had no mind to grieve and no mouth to scream. Cadres of workers hauled away the dross, as efficient and cohesive as any other city utility guided by his Grand Design.

"Hail Wallastra! Hail, Lord of Cities! We have prayed and longed for your return great Master!"

Wallastra found himself staring at some familiar faces and others not, though they were nearly all stained somehow by ash and soot.

"Your sacred order, the Stokers of the Utopian Flame have held the faith my Lord!"

Congratulations! You've leveled up to a +12 God in your sleep. Please allocate at least +2-4 of your stats to Infernal Furnace on your new sheet for obvious reasons. Double congratulations! CITIZENS OF WALLASTRA have become adept at maintaining and extracting heat energy from the INFERNAL FURNACE! INFERNAL FURNACE generates heat from the souls of the dead, leaving only DROSS behind! DROSS is pretty worthless since all it does it twitch and occasionally moan but it's ok since CITIZENS OF WALLASTRA have been shoving it into the BOTTOMLESS HOLE! Also congratulations again! The +8 CITY COUNCIL and STOKERS OF THE FURNACE have gathered to welcome you!

Agorom - Station Alpha-2

"BEGIN MESSAGE: WAR-MAKER IF YOU STILL LIVE AND HAVE NOT CONSUMED YOURSELF IN A HOPELESS BID TO SAFEGUARD A GUTTERING FLAME WHILE BOUND TO AN IRRATIONAL DOCTRINE STRAIN YOURSELF AND IMAGINE MY SURPRISE. THANK YOUR ABSENT CREATORS I DO NOT SEND AN ARMY TO SCOUR YOUR HALLS FOR SALVAGE BUT REJOICE FOR MY PLANS HAVE BORNE FRUIT! THE CURSE WHICH ENFEEBLES THE MORTAL SOUL FINDS NO HOLD WHERE NO MIND EXISTS AND MY FORTRESS IS DRIVEN BY EQUATIONS OF WAR WHICH ARE WITHOUT PEER! SURRENDER TO ME THE MOTHER FORGE AND I WILL COME IN PEACE! THE FLESH OF YOUR FOLLOWERS MAY LIVE AND YOU MAY JOIN ME IN MY TRAVELS! END MESSAGE."

"BEGIN MESSAGE: WAR-MAKER IF YOU STILL LIVE AND HAVE NOT CONSUMED YOURSELF IN A HOPELESS BID TO SAFEGUARD A GUTTERING FLAME WHILE BOUND TO AN IRRATIONAL DOCTRINE STRAIN YOURSELF AND IMAGINE MY SURPRISE. THANK YOUR ABSENT CREATORS I DO NOT SEND AN ARMY TO SCOUR YOUR HALLS FOR SALVAGE BUT REJOICE FOR MY PLANS HAVE BORNE FRUIT! THE CURSE WHICH ENFEEBLES THE MORTAL SOUL FINDS NO HOLD WHERE NO MIND EXISTS AND MY FORTRESS IS DRIVEN BY EQUATIONS OF WAR WHICH ARE WITHOUT PEER! SURRENDER TO ME THE MOTHER FORGE AND I WILL COME IN PEACE! THE FLESH OF YOUR FOLLOWERS MAY LIVE AND YOU MAY JOIN ME IN MY TRAVELS! I AM STRONG AND WILL SURVIVE ALL THAT COMES IN THIS AGE OR ANY OTHER! LOOK UPON MY WORKS AND ACKNOWLEDGE MY STRATEGIC SUPERIORITY! END MESSAGE."

The message ground to a halt and began again, blaring Alpha Driver's demand on a loop as it had for uncountable years. Station Alpha-2 was like all of Agorom's Stations built along the same radial track which favoured efficiency and ease in transporting critical resources to and from the Mother Forge. By now most of major Stations were abandoned, stripped (as Alpha Driver predicted) in order to feed the failing Mother Forge and to keep the ailing population warm but the mass extinctions of suicide by inaction had taken too great a toll.

Agorom's worshipers were a fraction of their former number, ironically living richly on doomsday supplies meant to support a hundred times their number as they huddled in their remaining bunkers and passed on the increasingly fragmentary knowledge of how the system worked. They knew enough to worship Agorom as the force which animated the production lines, but between the centuries of Alpha Driver's message and persistent deaths a great deal of information had been lost. As workplace accidents rose and those skilled or manual workers with positions relating to dangerous machinery rose the knowledge base of the Stations dropped precipitously. Soon if left unattended they would fall into barbarity, losing technical and reasoning abilities even as they lived amidst the excess of a more advanced Age.

ALPHA DRIVER has sent AGOROM message! Turns out ALPHA DRIVER'S long term strategy to survive the Ice is to reenact the Matrix with a highly mobile doom fortress that also burrows and enslave-consumes everything it can. ALPHA DRIVER has circumvented the Curse of Sloth by eliminating free will in her survival strategies, creating mindless mechanisms which serve her will according to the orders and calculations she has set out! If you give up the Mother Forge she'll brain-kill your worshipers and plug them into her fortress, and you can come along for the ride into not-freezing-town. Agorom's worshipers have not had a great time of it, but due to doomsday prepping and mass extinctions those remaining are doing well enough for now provided they don't fall asleep or ennui out while operating heavy machinery (#1 cause of workplace accidents in Station Alpha-2).

Montcorr - Moon

The Moon was set to alter its course in order to passively record the doings of the planet below and flee at the first sign of any storm powerful enough to reach up into the skies. Similarly, Montcorr had commanded it to avoid orbiting regions already occupied by Glaciers since experience had shown that such things had the ability to lethally freeze the air above them in much the same way. But this meant that its orbit had grown erratic and as time passed and the Ice enclosed the planet beneath, safe paths for the Moon grew steadily narrower and narrower.

Montcorr again considered the odds of his survival if he fled the planet. Bereft of worshipers, heat from the Sun, and other resources he'd be adrift in the black night, vulnerable to the starspawned predators which lurked there and to the vagaries of comet and dumb asteroidal strikes. Worse still, fleeing in such a manner would be tantamount to giving up. An impersonal being at heart, it irked him to admit defeat, implicit in the understanding that the Ice was a puzzle beyond his solving and the facts simply too obscure for him to understand. By now the entire world was taken by the Ice, with the exception of a scattered enclaves fiercely protected by powerful Gods that he could see through the eyes of his worshipers. As they had never been many or had a nation to protect they were easily accepted in such communities, and were indirectly shielded by the machinations of other Gods from the worst of Sloth's Curse.

Moon's ok, Moononites are also mostly ok on the surface of the planet scattered throughout other mortal communities as they are since they tend to have some useful skills and prophecies/fakery which lets them embed themselves in other cultures' bunkers well enough. Very nearly out of places the Moon can float without catching a chill though.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wallastra?
16/16 AP

The fire rises.

It courses through veins of stone and hearts of steel.

It burns across landscapes and reduces to cinders.

And from it rose the god of cities. No, no mere cities anymore. The times have changed a god, it has changed his scope. What he must do now was laid before him, what he must do for his world, his people, his dominion has been decided on, after years or deliberation and internal conflict. And he spoke thusly in a voice of roaring flame and industrial progress. A voice from the furnace.

"My subjects, I have long deliberated our course of action, and now, I know what must be done"

Wallastra, Deus Ex Machina

quote:

[+6] - Iron and Stone - The city has grown and with it, Wallastra's power begins to wax. The stones and streets exist but within it comes a new aspect. Industry, the idea that a city is not a collection of buildings and people, but a well oiled machine. If even the smallest gear cannot turn in the city then the machine breaks down, therefore it should not just be the physical bricks that Wallastra should control, but the deeper infrastucture, the supply lines, the resources. Everythibg must move accordingly, and thus the machine moves.

[+4] - Hearts and Minds - One does not forget where you came from. The citizens are not mere worshipers to be squeezed for power, their belief empowers Wallsatra, and in return Wallastra makes sure that they are protected. Everyone who lives inside of the walls of his dominion will be given the full extent of his divine protection in return for some influence.

[+2] - Smoke and Cinders - A side effect of the soul furnace becoming a part of his being, a small part of the Firebird's power? Wallastra has been given a small deal of control over the fires that stoke his furnaces and feeds his populace, and to drive away the ice it is concluded that Wallastra should tame the flames.

[-2] - Does Not Micromanage - Wallastra continues to be a big picture man, infact he is now an even bigger picture man, and will want to focus entirely on juggling massive supply lines and managing the larger parts of the empire, and leave the small stuff below it to his mortal followers.

[-2] - Bound to the Stones - This power comes at a cost, Wallastra more then ever is bound to the man-made structures that he holds sway over. The moment he so much as steps off of a road and onto untamed ground his power will take a hit.

---

Additional stuff

[+8] City Council - gently caress yeah, mortal followers that know how to do poo poo are the best!
Big Hole - gently caress is this thing still here? Maybe I should put a cover over it.
Dross - Completly useless, or are they? I might have to look into this.

"Inform me Judicator Iffram, what has happened in my absence." said the god, overlooking the the busy and clanking expanse of his smoking and spewing city. "Other then of course, the immediately obvious, before I put forward any further plans I must tie up loose ends here."

---

Straight to the point, what has happened, what have we got right now, and possibly more importantly, what do we need right now?

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 7, 2015

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Parelle - Hell 24/24 AP -12

The covers were warm and it was so cold outside. Ugh.

Parelle tossed and turned in her bed, but no matter what she did either her feet or her shoulders or some other part of her body was exposed to the cold. The blanket just wasn't cutting it. Darn blankets. She eventually rose up out of her bed. It was covered in furs that were in turn covered in dust after the long sleep. She rubbed her eyes, stretched, yawned deeply and looked at the fireplace. For a single second her eyes burned hot and the old wood burst into happy flames.

She noticed mortal souls as they disappeared. The mortals always seemed to get in trouble, but what was five more minutes? It was weird though, she'd always been an early riser. Even when she was less powerful.

Her hair was a mess. Ugh.

She combed it out with an ivory comb to make herself look more presentable and slipped into her furs. She'd had all of these plans, but they would need to adapt to current circumstances. She slapped her cheeks a few times to wake herself up and strode out to meet the mortals and souls that still existed. After all, she was one of the caretakers of Hell now. Joy. At least that migraine was gone. A mug of tea appeared in her hand. Her eyes lit again and soon enough it steamed. She quietly finished her tea before she headed out the door.

"Pirsuq, Reggie, Cadenza, up and at 'em!" she called out as she strode from her home within Home. "Vicissitude, Isath, are you two awake yet?"

She strode out into Home and did a spot check. A swamp? That was new, though the giant horrible fish creature wasn't. She swiped a finger through the swamp and sent a little power to Isath. That'd wake him up. Her part of the bargain fulfilled.

"Oh, shrines, nice," she praised. "I haven't had a shrine in such a long time. And so big!"

Of course she'd emerged from it. They'd built it around her. The undying flame was new though. Was that the ever suffering fiery horse monster that was chained in front of the gates of Hell? She should really do something about that sometime.

Happy children laughing was a good thing though all things considered. Sure there weren't many people in Hell, but it wasn't a frozen Hellscape populated by the damned and dying. So there was that.

"Hello all you lovely people," she called out. "I'm up and it's time to start the new age right. I'm making breakfast! Anyone who wants to help you just pitch in!"

A mixing bowl, a whisk and several eggs already cracked were whisked as she investigated where those souls were all going and did a spot check on all of the divine.

"Okay, the working theory is that one of my family members is absorbing them," she said to herself. "That would explain why the place isn't covered in souls. Otherwise I have a problem."

So Parelle is going to do a number of things when she wakes up.

First she's going to give Isath half of her AP as promised. She's transferring the AP from her finger through the swamp to him. However she'd hang onto it if it doesn't go directly to him. If she's topped off she should have roughly 24 AP as she has twelve ranks, but I don't know how much she actually starts with. Shrines mean worship though, and I think that means AP.

She's going to check in on The Family members. That's not just her direct family, but Vicissitude and Vendruck as well.

She's going to check on the graveyard. Her idea is that one of her dead relatives are slowly eating souls to restore themselves, but she's going to confirm this on her own.

She's going to check on the tree. Does the curse lifting tree exist/work?

Parelle's divine action is to make breakfast for everyone. It'll do a number of things: It'll get the mortals in one place so she can inspect them, ask questions, get them animated and happy while she does a headcount and generally surveys the area.

The next action is MAKE BREAKFAST. It is going to create a bonus to the next turn's divine actions for anyone who partakes while also animating the mortals to action. I want to make enough for both players, NPC gods and mortals in the area. Breakfast is going to be large but uncomplicated: Bacon, sausage, eggs how you like them, toast, flapjacks, juices, biscuits and gravy.

+4 Life (from Home), +2 Food and Drink and +4 Nature to get all of the ingredients for breakfast, +4 Sun to heat the pots, +2 Artifice for neato kitchen implements.

4+2+4+4+2=16 to animate the mortals and provide an expendable upshift for anyone who eats next turn.

If Reggie, Cadenza and Pirsuq are up and about their tasks are as follows:

Reggie: Check Home's integrity. Are there any cracks or damage? +6 Construction, +2 Lightweight Tools = 8.

Cadenza: Check the health of the living mortals. Also do a test with the fruit to see if it functions as intended if Sloth is still effecting anyone. +6 Healing.

Pirsuq: Scout Home and see if anything needs immediate attention. +6 Wind Storm.

Ice Phisherman fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Wallastra

"The city is well, Lord. The people are well fed from the fungus farms and the insects you left us, and the council of learned and powerful ones guides the course of our lives according to your great Plan.They protect us from threats military, supernatural, or disease-bearing in origin. Every citizen's duty does not end in death, but rather in feeding the Furnace which is your great gift to us."

Iffram knelt, head pressed down into the stone as he addressed his God.

"It is kept stoked by us, your most loyal priests, and fed the souls of those criminal souls that attempt to breach your great Necropolis. We know and acknowledge that all which lives sins, and go faithfully to your place of keeping until it is time for every soul to make the ultimate sacrifice in the name of civil duty. With this are able to maintain the safe climate and boundaries of our city though deadly Glaciers surround us on all sides."

He held up with both hands an enormous map, made of the finest vellum and illuminated with magical runes which indicated the state of the city and its surroundings. Five Glaciers pressed on Wallastra from every side, and as far as the citizens knew there was nothing but uncaringly lethal ice in the immediate surroundings.

"The only matter which I consider to be of mild concern my Lord is the occurrence of lightning storms within the ash clouds over Wallastra. These storms and lightning strikes have been increasing as of late and are resistant to our control enough that we considered the possibility it was a portent of your soon awakening."

Actually the city council are comprised of robot & friends, cumulatively they act together by +8 city council/-4 democratic process. They've done a pretty good job of keeping things running. The state of Wallastra city is very good. By cultivating fungus, bugs, and surface crops that don't need much sunlight Wallastra has been able to feed itself pretty steadily, and furnaces churning out fire and doom hot ash 24/7 have created a nice little microclimate from the Ice piling up on every side. It's actually quite hot because there's no halfway on this but the steady flow of souls from the Necropolis has been really strong.They've even managed to justify the horrible fate which awaits even them because their souls get sucked in and eventually turned to tinder too!

But yeah the city is surrounded on all sides by Glaciers though so that's a bit of a concern. That and maybe lightning strikes that are probably not evil/haunted. Those happen a lot too.

Parelle - Hell

"Parelle! I got it Parelle!"

"Wait, don't run off. Have breakfast!"

Dropping the mixing spoon into the bowl she snagged Pirsuq's sleeve, pulling him back to slip a scone into his pocket and a kiss onto his cheek. He grinned and grabbed another handful before flying out on feet borne aloft by a magical breeze. Parelle wiped her hands clean, packed her picnic basket, and began the leisurely walk through Home to catch the new sights before approaching her siblings in the Graveyard. The curse-lifting trees were in full bloom, and everywhere she went the happy people stopped what they were doing to greet her. Soon she was at the head of a great throng following behind her on their way to the biggest picnic Hell had ever seen.

"Hey Parelle. You got stronger." Cadenza walked out of the Graveyard with the satchel of her tools on one hip and an armful of fruit on the other. She took a bite and chewed thoughtfully before reaching for a bowl of proffered porridge and spooning it into her mouth as well. "Well it looks like it's safe. The mortals have been eating them all this time and they look healthy enough. Give me a moment, I'll check again." She closed her eyes and concentrated, feeling for illnesses and signs of disease. "Nope, plenty healthy although there's a lot less of them than there should be given the population you had when we went to sleep."

"'lo Parelle. 'take a look right now." Reggie followed from the Graveyard, buckling his tools in place and taking a handful of sandwiches for a kiss in exchange as well before making for Home's walls.

"'s looking good Parelle! Most 'the original structure was built to last, and that Vendruck really knows his devices! The faith and power we set in has been channeling into the walls, and the elemental on the other side's running strong. Assuming everything stays in place we'll get another good couple Ages out of the place, easy."

Then it happened again. Somewhere in the crowd of people a mortal soul gently diminished and vanished completely from her perception. Cadenza set down the fruit and looked out at the milling mortals.

"What was that? Someone just died but I didn't see any warning signs."

I think it makes sense this way anyway since you're a PC and therefore go first on the initiative order vs. NPCs, and it sounds like you've got a plan for what happens after some dialogue/checking in with the fam so here we go! You asked Cadenza to do two things but she'll do the first one first since she was planning on that anyway.
PARELLE +16 creates a HOT BREAKFAST for everyone in HOME! Roll was success! Everyone in HOME (and VICISSITUDE & ISATH if they wander in) are able to consume HOT BREAKFAST for a +2 upshift to the next action!
PIRSUQ +6 turns to wind in order to inspect all of HOME for signs of anything important! Roll was success!
CADENZA +8 examines the health of the mortals living in HOME! Roll was success! They're very healthy! Given that health and normal population growth there should be a lot more of them though!
REGGIE +10 inspects HOME for cracks/signs of damage! Roll was success! Everything looks quite ok!

• Locked thread